Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns ...

Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns of Death and Serious Healt...

There are 8247 comments on the PRWeb story from Feb 4, 2007, titled Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns of Death and Serious Healt.... In it, PRWeb reports that:

Patients should review the latest recall information to see if they have been implanted with the recalled device and seek medical attention if symptoms such as unexplained or persistent abdominal pain, fever, ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at PRWeb.

Patty

Eugene, OR

#7918 Jun 21, 2013
I just changed my email to raidersgal13@yahoo.com Im so sorry about that trojan horse thing. Ill resign up for topix using my new email address. Thanks and sorry meshed!

Since: Jun 13

Eugene, OR

#7919 Jun 21, 2013
All Meshed Up wrote:
Just recieved a "Mail" from a "Patricia Williams" with a Trojan Horse program included in the text. Becareful!!!
Ok heres my new user name, I ditched my other yahoo account. Just so you know its ME, Broncos SUCK!Go raiderssssss!
Have a good weekend darlin!
All Meshed Up

Whitewater, CO

#7920 Jun 24, 2013
raidersgal wrote:
<quoted text>Ok heres my new user name, I ditched my other yahoo account. Just so you know its ME, Broncos SUCK!Go raiderssssss!
Have a good weekend darlin!
You were doing so well with your posting until that Broncos suck thing! The "mail" I recieved had no subject line and it was from "Patricia Williams" which made me suspicious immediately. I do not remeber you ever useing your "formal name. This will make 5 Malicious Viruss' that I have recieved via mail from Mesh victims that I correspond with. I do believe that these viruss' are sent by a Governmental agency so as to attack documents and addresses associated with mesh. How's that for paranoia? But both Bruce and I have had several of these now and they do not come from John Smith, anytown USA. They come after an attack and have not been associated with any other persons NOT concerning mesh. So for all you "Meshies" out there that are investigating, corresponding and possibly raising a little, hell I would suggest you get a good Malware and Virus scanner. It seems we have someones attention and I don't think they like us much. TOO F%*$ING BAD. Have a great day. I have taken 100mg of steroids with another 50 coming and 3 bottles of contrast. I have my CT scan today and maybe we can find the Kugel patch that seems to have gone walk about. I'm allergic to the IV contrast but I need that so that is the reason for the Steroids. I also have not slept last night because of them. Best Wishes.....

Since: Jun 13

Eugene, OR

#7921 Jun 26, 2013
All Meshed Up wrote:
<quoted text>You were doing so well with your posting until that Broncos suck thing! The "mail" I recieved had no subject line and it was from "Patricia Williams" which made me suspicious immediately. I do not remeber you ever useing your "formal name. This will make 5 Malicious Viruss' that I have recieved via mail from Mesh victims that I correspond with. I do believe that these viruss' are sent by a Governmental agency so as to attack documents and addresses associated with mesh. How's that for paranoia? But both Bruce and I have had several of these now and they do not come from John Smith, anytown USA. They come after an attack and have not been associated with any other persons NOT concerning mesh. So for all you "Meshies" out there that are investigating, corresponding and possibly raising a little, hell I would suggest you get a good Malware and Virus scanner. It seems we have someones attention and I don't think they like us much. TOO F%*$ING BAD. Have a great day. I have taken 100mg of steroids with another 50 coming and 3 bottles of contrast. I have my CT scan today and maybe we can find the Kugel patch that seems to have gone walk about. I'm allergic to the IV contrast but I need that so that is the reason for the Steroids. I also have not slept last night because of them. Best Wishes.....
Hope all goes well! Did you read about the findings about the type of mesh bard used and now comes to light it was known by Bard that it was not safe for human implant? Ill include a link.
http://meshmedicaldevicenewsdesk.com/latest-i...
So this explains alot. I hope this brings to light many many of the health problems mesh victims are truly suffering. Have a better week!
Patty
Amanda Bard Mesh Survivor

Port Jervis, NY

#7922 Jun 26, 2013
Hi folks its been a while since I posted, not too much happening until few days ago. Long story short my trial was won last year (not mass tort action, just private with the hospital and surgeon) jury awarded a pitiful amount in upstate rural NY. Anyhow, I have been in ridiculous pain for a suspected pinched sciatic nerve, turns out I have L-4 and L-5 herniated discs and the MRI shows I have Parapelvic cysts versus hydronphonesis. I wondered if anyone had any recourse of this kind of cyst after repair of a recalled bard oval mesh that was never sewn in correctly in the first place that allowed my bladder to get entrapped in the hernial defect space. 5 years after the butchered surgery I am at a top ob/gyn for Fallopian tube cyst that top tube special said was related to the trauma of the multiple pelvic region surgeries. I am just curious if anyone on the posts have any similar cyst issues. Amanda
All Meshed Up

Whitewater, CO

#7923 Jun 27, 2013
raidersgal wrote:
<quoted text>Hope all goes well! Did you read about the findings about the type of mesh bard used and now comes to light it was known by Bard that it was not safe for human implant? Ill include a link.
http://meshmedicaldevicenewsdesk.com/latest-i...
So this explains alot. I hope this brings to light many many of the health problems mesh victims are truly suffering. Have a better week!
Patty
Hello Patty! Thanks Mucho for your kind thoughts and the link. Yes, as we all have known for some time, Polypropolene, Polyurethane and the other "Plastic" based materials used in the TVT/Gyno/Vaginal/Hernia Mesh products are not good candidates for a benign implant. I will say 2 things about this. 1. All mesh products are made of the same basic materials as are the Bard products. The link that Patty has sent relates to the non-disclosure by Bard that their supplier, Chevron Chemical ( ain't that great?), asked if the material was going to be used for implants and Bard said "NO". Chevron ( not what you would call a "Medical Authority" ) called it correctly when they told Bard that the material was not designed for, nor safe for, human implants. So that would mean that ALL MESH PRODUCTS ARE DANGEROUS. They are all made of the same materials so logic would dictate that Mesh is bad and should not be used in humans. 2. The FDA and the Government are now going to have to explain how Bard mesh is different from J&J/Ethicon mesh in composition and safety. And then explain that about every Mesh Implant product whether TVT/Gyno or Hernia mesh. They will have to isolate Chevron as the culprit( they are Big Oil after all!) and try to blame CHEVRON'S product and not Bard's. If you think that the IRS Honchos were slick wait to you hear what the FDA will say. Maybe: "It was a rogue Contractor who designed, manufactured, advertised, distributed and sold those "unregulated, unregistered, unethical" Medical Mesh products. We at the FDA have been investigating Mesh Implant products for years with the help of our Criminal Investigation Division and Private Citizen reports to our MAUDE data base. We have not found any problems with other Mesh Products or Manufacturers as the investigation and our data base has shown. This was an isolated incident perpetrated by one sick individual ( who will go nameless ) and the FDA is confident that we have taken care of the problem." Please move on. Nothing to see here. How's that?......P.S. Raiders= loseing season!
Ramshawed2000

United States

#7924 Jun 27, 2013
ramkumarshrestha wrote:
I had the Gore-Tex Dual Mesh used in a ventral hernia repair in 2004. I've had nothing but problems with it since.I've had numerous places drained after mesh got infected, been hospitalized and also had places drained under local anesthetic in doctor's office several times. I no longer see that doctor since he has relocated to another state. Now I've been to new doctor who has operated twice and I have permanent drainage after he has removed some mesh twice. He says if he operates again I may end up wearing a "bag" because some of my bowel may be caught up in the mesh that's left in me. I have to change the dressing on my abdoman at least twice a day and it has a terrible odor that I can smell all the time. If you know of anything that is being done about this, please let me know.
I recently had the gortex dual mesh removed along with 4 feet of sm bowel and more than half my bladder. I had the 12 hr procedure done at Grady hospital in Atlanta. I would have Never went to a private surgeon do anymore work on me. They had done 4 surgical procedures throughout the 20 years that Shit was in my body. I suggest you get it Out and go to a teaching hospital they will do Everything necessary to remove it, even if you have to relocate to do it. Good luck to you.. Sounds like its time to walk away from the surgeon your dealing with and have them use the natural facia to repair you. Most lean toward .mesh because its easier. If you speak to a skilled surgeon they will include a gastro surgeon and any other to make sure you get the best result.
Meshoma Foundation

Pompano Beach, FL

#7925 Jun 30, 2013
Terlin wrote:
No urge to urinate or defacate severe bloating have to strain to go mental problems now lost muscle and 60 lbs neck and shoulder pain alone with groin to feet pain dizzyness feel like falling over , sense of taste and smell altered eyes out of focus hearing alterd with tennoitis difficulty swallowing has anybody else have like autonomic dysfunction symptoms like this shocks shouting through the body numbness and buning pain groin to feet. Please let me know and how you got relief .
Hi Terlin, sorry to hear of your pain. I am not a doctor but have experienced mesh complications and several surgeries with continued pain. I find that Tramadol (not the extended release) although takes about 45 minutes to work does help with the burning feet and some of the groin pain, lasts about three hours, very little side effect at all for me. I have had several hundred calls from other patients who reported that Tramadol worked better for them without side effects as compared to the high doses of neurontin/gabapentin that so many patients are trying with some success but side effects. Talk to your doctor about it (also known as Ultram) if you haven't tried it already.
Avoid, smoking, caffeine (includes chocolate-sorry), high sugar foods anything that excites the nervous system and that increases inflammation and that will further entrap nerves. Try eating more anti-inflammatory foods cherries, blueberries, etc

Feel better,

Bruce Rosenberg
National Meshoma Foundation.
All Meshed Up

Whitewater, CO

#7926 Jul 2, 2013
As a side note, Terlin. There have been at least 4 posts now with people trying to help you with the problems you keep writing about. An acknowledgement, response or at least a Thank You would be approriate at some point. I hope you are feeling better......
All Meshed Up

Whitewater, CO

#7927 Jul 3, 2013
The insert indicated generally by the 10 comprises a mesh work of meshes 12 As best seen in Fig 2 the meshes integral at their joints 14 so that when the is trimmed to the contour illustrated in Fig there will be no unravelling no matter where is cut I have found that the sheet 10 may con veniently be molded as an integral piece by use of heat and pressure from a suitable polyethylene resin such as that currently sold by Du and known by the trade mark Alathon This material has been found to be compatible with body tissues and fluids and will not or allergic reactions and is chemically with respect thereto so that it can remain for years planted within the human body. ************************This is a quote from the Claims section of the Patent for Surgical Mesh by Benjimen Pease Filed in 1951 and approved in 1954. According to the desciptors, Mesh is amazing stuff. 60 years later we now know the truth and the invention is terribly flawed. You can read the whole thing if you Google Patent # US2671444 filed Dec 8, 1951. Best Wishes.....
Test

United States

#7928 Jul 4, 2013
Test
Test

United States

#7929 Jul 4, 2013
There is absolutely no way to reach ramshaw after you have surgery with him. All you get is his assistant who continuously blows you off by cming up with excuse after excuse about why you cant see him again, that is, if you can even reach her. And if you try too many times you get a veiled threat from her about "perhaps you need to find a new doctor who can address your needs if your not happy with my answers". It is disgusting and i would recommend against using him.
Pete Delmer

Birmingham, AL

#7930 Jul 5, 2013
Test wrote:
There is absolutely no way to reach ramshaw after you have surgery with him. All you get is his assistant who continuously blows you off by cming up with excuse after excuse about why you cant see him again, that is, if you can even reach her. And if you try too many times you get a veiled threat from her about "perhaps you need to find a new doctor who can address your needs if your not happy with my answers". It is disgusting and i would recommend against using him.
It sounds like Medicail FRAUD ?????
All Meshed Up

Whitewater, CO

#7931 Jul 5, 2013
Test wrote:
The problem with Dr. Ramshaw and others like him is that he walks both sides of the fence. While he is one of the supposed "Top" surgeons for mesh removal techniques, he is still in the pocket of Mesh Manufacturers. Ramshawed2000 can be my first testimony when it comes to his track record. He doesn't want to be entangled in our "little" problems with our mesh because he is VERY aware of what the possible/likely outcomes are. He is more than happy to talk to us, as Mesh Victims, and tout his expertice in removal and repair. Then he will jet off to some city to be the guest of a Manufacturer at some conference and buddy up to the FDA. His research and findings are for the use of the Manufacturers exclusively. That alone should tell you that any sympathy for a Mesh Victim ends after he has been paid. Dr. Peterson, in Las Vegas, on the other hand has a good track record for removals and satisfaction of results. NO removal will be routine but Dr Peterson seems to be "doing the right thing" when it comes to his patients. I say this because of the lack of negative responses from patients after removal. Victims in pain that go to him no longer contact us with problems. That in itself, although we would love to have first hand knowledge, is significant because of the number of complaints disappears after their visit to Las Vegas. I will say that many claims of success by Ramshaw are not easily confirmed as are Petersons. When a Mesh Victim has the Mesh removed and is now , somewhat, back to normal they choose to leave our Forum and rarely give updates as to their condition. They want to get as far away from their suffering as possible. I for one do not blame them.......Best Wishes
Test

United States

#7932 Jul 5, 2013
Another test
Test

United States

#7933 Jul 5, 2013
Sorry about the test posts. I am masking my location because im afraid of Ramshaw and being completely dumped.

I went to Ramshaw over Petersen because of insurance, and now that im haing problems i dont know if Petersen will see me, plus im not sure if there is mesh left in me or not. It wasnt so easy to get in touch with Petersen either, so i dont even know if i will get past the screener ladies there.

My problems arent awful because i can sleep at night, but i cant drive at all.
Susan

Loxahatchee, FL

#7934 Jul 8, 2013
Liz johnston wrote:
I had Marlex mesh in 1998 for incisional hernia and also in 1999. Did not hold. Had numerous fistulas that to be packed every day for weeks. Had to wear abdominal binders every day. In 2006 had surgery for hernia repair and colon re-section. I asked Dr. Why he not put more mesh in for hernia repair. He said too much danger of infection. Still had numerous fistulas and still had to wear binders. Had surgery in 2010 for fistula and doctor said he would have to go back later and try to find all the pieces of mesh and remove them. Had major surgery 6 weeks later with a 16 inch scar. Dr said he removed all mesh he could find. I have had much pain and suffering over the last 14 years. Can anyone help me find an attorney who handles Marlex mesh cases? PLEASE!!!!!!!!
Did you find anyone that could help? I was wondering because I am in the same boat. I had originally started this in 02/2004 and just had another surgery in May 2013 still removing marlex mesh which is causing constant infection in me. I have had over 8 surgeries repeating the same thing over and over. I am tired....wish someone was out there that could help. If there is please contact me at sgreenwood9148@yahoo.com
Pete Delmer

Birmingham, AL

#7935 Jul 8, 2013
crash
Ramshawed2000

United States

#7936 Jul 8, 2013
All Meshed Up wrote:
<quoted text> The problem with Dr. Ramshaw and others like him is that he walks both sides of the fence. While he is one of the supposed "Top" surgeons for mesh removal techniques, he is still in the pocket of Mesh Manufacturers. Ramshawed2000 can be my first testimony when it comes to his track record. He doesn't want to be entangled in our "little" problems with our mesh because he is VERY aware of what the possible/likely outcomes are. He is more than happy to talk to us, as Mesh Victims, and tout his expertice in removal and repair. Then he will jet off to some city to be the guest of a Manufacturer at some conference and buddy up to the FDA. His research and findings are for the use of the Manufacturers exclusively. That alone should tell you that any sympathy for a Mesh Victim ends after he has been paid. Dr. Peterson, in Las Vegas, on the other hand has a good track record for removals and satisfaction of results. NO removal will be routine but Dr Peterson seems to be "doing the right thing" when it comes to his patients. I say this because of the lack of negative responses from patients after removal. Victims in pain that go to him no longer contact us with problems. That in itself, although we would love to have first hand knowledge, is significant because of the number of complaints disappears after their visit to Las Vegas. I will say that many claims of success by Ramshaw are not easily confirmed as are Petersons. When a Mesh Victim has the Mesh removed and is now , somewhat, back to normal they choose to leave our Forum and rarely give updates as to their condition. They want to get as far away from their suffering as possible. I for one do not blame them.......Best Wishes
You are so right when you speak abt Ramshaw. I'm glad that you remembered me and my issues along whut who's at fault here. Bruce Ramshaw is Not a doctor, he's a butcher!! You should get your records and follow up with us.
All Meshed Up

Whitewater, CO

#7937 Jul 8, 2013
Ramshawed2000 wrote:
<quoted text> You are so right when you speak abt Ramshaw. I'm glad that you remembered me and my issues along whut who's at fault here. Bruce Ramshaw is Not a doctor, he's a butcher!! You should get your records and follow up with us.
It was easy to remember your posts and experiences unforunately. I hope that at some point that you will be able to get the help you need. At that point your experience with, and the angst you rightly carry for the man will be gone. I hope that time is sooner than later......Best Wishes......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Health Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Human Sexuality (Jun '16) 4 hr frank 20
News Google Play, B cells and a genetic crusader 4 hr Cath League of Du... 7
News More training needed to help adults with ADHD, ... 7 hr humanspirit 1
News Pregnancy Symptoms - 12 Very Early Symptoms of ... (Jun '07) 10 hr Amanda 7,321
Morgellons - What I believe it really is (Oct '12) 13 hr jkauff930 376
watching wife get pregnant by another man (Jan '17) 13 hr Janetta M 41
News Dog flu is real: Here's what you need to know t... 17 hr missourigal 1
More from around the web