Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns ...

Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns of Death and Serious Healt...

There are 8252 comments on the PRWeb story from Feb 4, 2007, titled Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns of Death and Serious Healt.... In it, PRWeb reports that:

Patients should review the latest recall information to see if they have been implanted with the recalled device and seek medical attention if symptoms such as unexplained or persistent abdominal pain, fever, ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at PRWeb.

George

Paramount, CA

#7834 May 29, 2013
We have a Facebook, it's a real good support group, we have people on their that have been to dr raz, dr petersen for mesh removals, they are well informed of what this mesh is causing to our body, it's more then just the pain it's messing up your autoimmune system. If you have Facebook join the name of group is called

Fighters and survivors of all vaginal and bladder mesh hernia mesh plug
Lin

Birmingham, AL

#7835 May 29, 2013
AnySuggestion wrote:
<quoted text>
Margie....You have thee exact same problem I do, the hospital WILL NOT give me the information I need. Some people on here seem to think it is as easy as threatening them, etc...doesn't work. I am in the middle of the MAJOR HASSLE of getting my records through work comp claim....my hernia surgery was in 1995, 3 insurance companies later they are "still looking"...headache/night mare DO NOT STOP LOOKING, the info you need HAS to be kept somewhere, and sadly enough, hospitals DO NOT keep records, and DO NOT CARE!! I was diagnosed with MS.... have NUMEROUS other problems and I KNOW the mesh is causing all of my problems, check out the link from PLC1999....great info, GOOD LUCK!!!!
after midnight, can't sleep. I had the drain bulb removed along with the stables. Go back intwo weeks as follow up. Not so much pain, binder kept tight. Butterfly bandages across where stables were. Do have rash hives. Dr. thinks from binder rubber latex or the anti bactrical soap. also red laong where stables were. if get worst call him. take Bydrell as directed. i know thyroid is messed up, for loose balls of hair in shower drain basket about size of 50 cent piece. So its wait and time will tell. Ok now to help others on medicail records. Each state is different as to how long they must keep records. Most between 5 to 10 years, Afterwards most hospitals have what they call cold storage. Storage ware houses. Like Public Storage, etc.... Yea it is harder to get records from further back years, mostly cause of poor storage record keeping, and lazness to have one go search for them. In which the hospital charges about $50.00 for. Noq if the surgeon kept them that might be different, Cause if moves out of state he may take records with him.( This I know to be true). For my pass family doctor moved his practise from Va, to Al. He had the records of his patients from Va, To Al. He kept in cold storage. Ok a couple summmers ago, we were looking in paper for yard sales, came across storage auctions. We saw the dr. name as one being auctioned. So we called his office. told him of it. Got a thank you. Didn't heard anything more until this spring, al in the news that local doctors med records from another state were found in area dumpesters. In mean time he left practise go back home to tend to deathbed parents. I don't know what happen afterwards, Yet for those others, call your state medical board. Also research HIPPA spelling might be wrong they help protect med records.. If I'm wrong will come back with correct spelling. Been down these roads.....
PLC1999

Denver, CO

#7836 May 29, 2013
Very happy the link was informative! As we all know, is very hard to have people understand what we are going through. I have printed several copies of the http://tvtno.org/the-facts/surgical-mesh-and-... link, and leave them anywhere I think people will read it. I also email the link to as many people I can, especially lawyers! maybe a new up-coming intern/grad, congressman, or, surgeon who may be in the practice to help, might find the drive to help us. PLEASE keep this link going to make America aware of the Hernia Mesh DEATH SENTENCE! seems like everybody we tell about our problems thinks its about money! Can they not understand its about our life! are these company's pockets so deep that they can pay everyone off? Foreign Body Rejection is REAL, not just in TVT mesh....... Sorry all, having a moment of disbelief and frustration.
Lin

Birmingham, AL

#7837 May 29, 2013
Lin wrote:
<quoted text>after midnight, can't sleep. I had the drain bulb removed along with the stables. Go back intwo weeks as follow up. Not so much pain, binder kept tight. Butterfly bandages across where stables were. Do have rash hives. Dr. thinks from binder rubber latex or the anti bactrical soap. also red laong where stables were. if get worst call him. take Bydrell as directed. i know thyroid is messed up, for loose balls of hair in shower drain basket about size of 50 cent piece. So its wait and time will tell. Ok now to help others on medicail records. Each state is different as to how long they must keep records. Most between 5 to 10 years, Afterwards most hospitals have what they call cold storage. Storage ware houses. Like Public Storage, etc.... Yea it is harder to get records from further back years, mostly cause of poor storage record keeping, and lazness to have one go search for them. In which the hospital charges about $50.00 for. Noq if the surgeon kept them that might be different, Cause if moves out of state he may take records with him.( This I know to be true). For my pass family doctor moved his practise from Va, to Al. He had the records of his patients from Va, To Al. He kept in cold storage. Ok a couple summmers ago, we were looking in paper for yard sales, came across storage auctions. We saw the dr. name as one being auctioned. So we called his office. told him of it. Got a thank you. Didn't heard anything more until this spring, al in the news that local doctors med records from another state were found in area dumpesters. In mean time he left practise go back home to tend to deathbed parents. I don't know what happen afterwards, Yet for those others, call your state medical board. Also research HIPPA spelling might be wrong they help protect med records.. If I'm wrong will come back with correct spelling. Been down these roads.....
It's HIPAA
All Meshed Up

Whitewater, CO

#7838 May 30, 2013
AnySuggestion wrote:
<quoted text>
Margie....You have thee exact same problem I do, the hospital WILL NOT give me the information I need. Some people on here seem to think it is as easy as threatening them, etc...doesn't work. I am in the middle of the MAJOR HASSLE of getting my records through work comp claim....my hernia surgery was in 1995, 3 insurance companies later they are "still looking"...headache/night mare DO NOT STOP LOOKING, the info you need HAS to be kept somewhere, and sadly enough, hospitals DO NOT keep records, and DO NOT CARE!! I was diagnosed with MS.... have NUMEROUS other problems and I KNOW the mesh is causing all of my problems, check out the link from PLC1999....great info, GOOD LUCK!!!!
If you are refering to my comments about Hospital Records and that they get Archived, I am sorry that my personal experience of getting my ARCHIVED records and what it took to do it ( speaking nicely, speaking forcefully then taking it to the Administration.) does not meet your approval. Best of Luck with your ideas....
All Meshed Up

Whitewater, CO

#7839 May 30, 2013
Margie, If I can expand on what I had posted earlier....If you had a Lawyer with the Workmens Comp case the Insurance Company will refer you to the Lawyers to get your records. Most Lawyers will destroy old case files after a certain amount of time so they may not have them. Tell the Insurance Co. this and if the "Agent" is not willing to help, ask for the Supervisor. Explain what you are trying to do and why. Politeness goes a long way and add that to a story such as yours, you could be ( as I was ) surprised how quick the records were found, copied to CD and given to me with an apology. Hospitals are another story all together and, Yes!, they can be a pain to deal with. Again, politeness goes a long way and speaking frankly about what it is you are doing and why goes a long way. Getting upset and frustrated can and will happen when you are searching for Medical records but taking it out on the poor schlub behind the desk or phone will only excaserbate the situation. "Any Suggestion" is talking about records that are almost 20 years old. OF COURSE THEY ARE GOING TO BE HARD TO GET!!! I have posted on here many times that as soon as you have an "inkling" of a problem you should be requesting your OP report. I believe that the Hospitals should give it to you as part of your "Check Out". But that is neither here nor there. As far as "Threatening" as "Any Suggestion" puts it, you don't threaten, ever. You ask politely, be respectful and if that person is not willing to answer your questions or is just plain stupid, you politely, repectfully ask for the Supv.. If that goes no where you call the Hospital Administration and you politely tell them what you are trying to do and why. And you politely tell them why you had to CALL THEM and ask THEM for help in getting your records. If I ever suggested "Threatening" someone I was remiss. Apologies. I hope this helps but Please let us know how it goes......Best Wishes
deloris drayton

Brooklyn, NY

#7840 May 30, 2013
Looking for lawyer for gore law suit , I was told I had nerve pain. No longer call I have sex very painful please help.
All Meshed Up

Whitewater, CO

#7842 May 31, 2013
deloris drayton wrote:
Looking for lawyer for gore law suit , I was told I had nerve pain. No longer call I have sex very painful please help.
Gore...what? Are you asking about Gore Medical or Gore-Tex? If it is Gore-Tex, then we need to know the manufacturer. If you have your OP report from the Hospital it contains the Maker, Model and Lot#. With that you can google about a Lawyer. This Forum is for Mesh Victims that need help with medical questions and occasionally Legal questions. There have been posts that have suggested a certain Lawyer but as a practice we are not a "clearing house" for Lawyers. I would suggest that you concentrate on your Health first and try to get a Lawyer later. How long ago was your surgery and for what? If the Mesh is a Gyno/TVT/Vaginal Mesh product there are scores of Lawyers trolling for clients out there. But if your surgery was several if not many years ago you may be past the Statute of Limitations for your State. So, let us know what your Mesh is and for what and we may be able to help you......Best of Luck...
Angry as hell

Midlothian, IL

#7843 May 31, 2013
Just to update everyone, my new attorney has my case in with Bard right now. We are waiting for them to offer a settlement. Hopefully it won't take forever.
All Meshed Up

Whitewater, CO

#7844 Jun 1, 2013
Angry as hell wrote:
Just to update everyone, my new attorney has my case in with Bard right now. We are waiting for them to offer a settlement. Hopefully it won't take forever.
May I ask who your Attorney is and for what Bard product? Thanx.....
All Meshed Up

Whitewater, CO

#7845 Jun 4, 2013
I still find it interesting that so many people come on here asking for help and advice but when asked in kind they fall silent. wtf
Lin

Phenix City, AL

#7846 Jun 4, 2013
All Meshed Up wrote:
I still find it interesting that so many people come on here asking for help and advice but when asked in kind they fall silent. wtf
:} Hi AMU, How you doing? Hope ok for all the crap we go through day to day. Will it's been 3 wks today I had open surgery. Had staples removed last week,along with drain tube and bulb. Still have some pain from the drain tube area. I think also from where gallbladder was? Not much up to eating much. meaning not like a set times. try not to eat after 6pm. to me food sits over night and messes with system. other wise doing pretty good. Go back surgeon next Monday the 17th. monthly check up. I know have shed few pounds hoping for more. Do wear the binder alot, this just a follow up. Maybe next week I look into geting my op.report the whole report. Being it will be also filed with SSDisability. Medical billing.
All Meshed Up

Whitewater, CO

#7847 Jun 5, 2013
Lin wrote:
<quoted text> :} Hi AMU, How you doing? Hope ok for all the crap we go through day to day. Will it's been 3 wks today I had open surgery. Had staples removed last week,along with drain tube and bulb. Still have some pain from the drain tube area. I think also from where gallbladder was? Not much up to eating much. meaning not like a set times. try not to eat after 6pm. to me food sits over night and messes with system. other wise doing pretty good. Go back surgeon next Monday the 17th. monthly check up. I know have shed few pounds hoping for more. Do wear the binder alot, this just a follow up. Maybe next week I look into geting my op.report the whole report. Being it will be also filed with SSDisability. Medical billing.
Greetings Lin! It sounds like you are improving well! I imagine eating right now would be a bit difficult. Are you taking any Probiotics to get your stomach and intestines back in shape? I guess that depends on if you are still on Antibiotics.(?) You mentioned a "binder". I would think you would want to use that quite a bit for "support" and maybe just a bit of protection. Really glad that you are doing better and hope this is just the beginning of a great recovery. As always, Lin, you have my contact info if you ever need to talk. Best Wishes.....
George

Flagstaff, AZ

#7848 Jun 5, 2013
All Meshed Up wrote:
Me thinks this is due to cultural ignorance of the medical field and the religious like leap of faith we place on medical doctors. As if they have evolved to a higher plane of understanding that is beyond the reach of them, or other such malarkey.

When you suggest that meshites actually get involved in their personnel health they do not know how to react. You are asking us to question a deity - that should not cause harm but has. This forum, and particularity you Grand Junction resident, does its job by letting people know there are many other mesh victims out there and countless more who are victims and are misdiagnosed. You have greater expectations of the mesh afflicted than they can handle at the moment. Maybe an on-line course about the mesh implants, there are over 100 various types and applications, FDA, patient rights, etc is needed. Colorado Mesa University might be able to host for you. Hang-in there you are providing a great service
Jay Ranger

Cape Coral, FL

#7849 Jun 5, 2013
I am in the early stages of making decisions about the inguinal hernia that I was just diagnosed with a few weeks ago. I am so sorry to hear the stories about what many of you and your loved ones are having to endure. They have certainly made me decide not to use mesh when I get the procedure done. Maybe its not much but hopefully you'll know that this site is helping to prevent some mesh-related problems in the future.
I'm thus now looking for a surgeon that will do the procedure without mesh. Does anyone know about any doctors or procedures that could be recommended? I've heard about Dr. Peterson in Las Vegas but it sounds like he specializes more in removal than in first time no-mesh hernias. I've also heard about Dr. Ramshaw in Daytona but it sounds like there are some issues with him not to mention the fact that no-mesh may not be his focus. Any thoughts would be much appreciated. My thoughts are with all of you.
Lin

Phenix City, AL

#7850 Jun 5, 2013
All Meshed Up wrote:
<quoted text> Greetings Lin! It sounds like you are improving well! I imagine eating right now would be a bit difficult. Are you taking any Probiotics to get your stomach and intestines back in shape? I guess that depends on if you are still on Antibiotics.(?) You mentioned a "binder". I would think you would want to use that quite a bit for "support" and maybe just a bit of protection. Really glad that you are doing better and hope this is just the beginning of a great recovery. As always, Lin, you have my contact info if you ever need to talk. Best Wishes.....
Only thing taking is stool softern, glass apple juice. Yea binder more for support. No probiotics,antibiotices.This maybe odd, yet it seems like body feels the void of the gallbladder? I get ready to sneeze or cough I hold pillow over abdominal area as protection less pain. yet the sneeze wouldn't come and like catches in the pocket where gbladder was. A quick sharp pain comes.
AnySuggestion

Lake Villa, IL

#7851 Jun 5, 2013
All Meshed Up wrote:
<quoted text> If you are refering to my comments about Hospital Records and that they get Archived, I am sorry that my personal experience of getting my ARCHIVED records and what it took to do it ( speaking nicely, speaking forcefully then taking it to the Administration.) does not meet your approval. Best of Luck with your ideas....
??? I was not referring to your comments by any means?????? My ideas???? The hospital does not have my records, nothing can be done about that.... as my lawyer said "if they don't have them, they don't have them"... obviously true....I didn't go and "threaten them"(re-read what I said) I was stern..... if work comp doesn't come through, I will hire the best lawyer out there to handle this(my current lawyer has is working with high profile clients, he's busier than hell, cant help me right now)..... yes it was almost 20 years ago, but I can trace symptoms back from 6-7 years after surgery. I never once thought the mesh was my problem as I own a construction biz, and work my ass off daily .... mentally and PHYSICALLY, I have learned to live with pain, until now. This site, your comments, are what made me think "Are you F***ING kidding me? No F###ING way? Mesh could do this? I was na´ve, extremely na´ve. I now 100% understand it's all about the money--- very few dr.s give a ####. Systems F###ED..... PLC1999's link is great for all of you new people.... good luck everybody
All Meshed Up

Whitewater, CO

#7852 Jun 6, 2013
Jay Ranger wrote:
I am in the early stages of making decisions about the inguinal hernia that I was just diagnosed with a few weeks ago. I am so sorry to hear the stories about what many of you and your loved ones are having to endure. They have certainly made me decide not to use mesh when I get the procedure done. Maybe its not much but hopefully you'll know that this site is helping to prevent some mesh-related problems in the future.
I'm thus now looking for a surgeon that will do the procedure without mesh. Does anyone know about any doctors or procedures that could be recommended? I've heard about Dr. Peterson in Las Vegas but it sounds like he specializes more in removal than in first time no-mesh hernias. I've also heard about Dr. Ramshaw in Daytona but it sounds like there are some issues with him not to mention the fact that no-mesh may not be his focus. Any thoughts would be much appreciated. My thoughts are with all of you.
Google Hernia Dr.'s in your area and call them to see who does "stitching" repair. There are a couple of other types of repairs that do not use Mesh. By taking a fold of skin adjacent to the Hernia site and folding it over the site is another way. It seems you have done some research into prominently known Hernia Dr.'s. Your assumption about Ramshaw is spot on. While talking out one side of his face about how bad Mesh can be, he is courting the Manufacturers where he gets Grants and Perks. He does not provide the FDA with any negative surgical outcome data and basically gives it all to the Manufacturers. He is a regular at Hernia Conferences. Dr Peterson in Las Vegas is making a name for himself as a "Go To" guy when it comes to Mesh removal especially tough cases. He specializes in cases where the patient has no insurance or their coverage does not include mesh removal. The problem with Mesh removal is what is left afterwards. Adhesions to intestines, migration of mesh cutting into organs, intestines or trying to come out through the skin, infections, large pus filled holes where the Mesh used to be are some of Post-Operative problems. It does not paint a very pretty picture but if you read through the posts you will find many stories about the aftermath of Mesh. So, Jay, I believe you have made the right choice by NOT getting a Hernia repair with Mesh. Let us know what you find out and how it goes. I wish you the Best of Luck and Best Wishes.......
All Meshed Up

Whitewater, CO

#7853 Jun 6, 2013
George wrote:
<quoted text>
Me thinks this is due to cultural ignorance of the medical field and the religious like leap of faith we place on medical doctors. As if they have evolved to a higher plane of understanding that is beyond the reach of them, or other such malarkey.
When you suggest that meshites actually get involved in their personnel health they do not know how to react. You are asking us to question a deity - that should not cause harm but has. This forum, and particularity you Grand Junction resident, does its job by letting people know there are many other mesh victims out there and countless more who are victims and are misdiagnosed. You have greater expectations of the mesh afflicted than they can handle at the moment. Maybe an on-line course about the mesh implants, there are over 100 various types and applications, FDA, patient rights, etc is needed. Colorado Mesa University might be able to host for you. Hang-in there you are providing a great service
Thanks, George, Very Much. Every day brings a new challenge, a new Victim but unfortunately not much in the way of "New" news. I can't wait for the day that the FDA, the Doctors and the Manufacturers are forced to finally tell the truth about what Mesh actually does to the human body, how many of us there are and have to provide the Medical and Financial help we all need. Until then this is how I will continue to fight them. Thanks again, George.
Terlin

Ann Arbor, MI

#7854 Jun 6, 2013
Had my mesh removed by ramshaw and did not help with my bowel and bladder problems very difficult to defacate feels like bowels are over my pelvic bone no abdominal muscle left and now severe groin pain and numbness pain full to sit or lay.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Health Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Asbestos Cleanse Discovery Needed 14 hr bluebell 1
News In Trump's First Year, Anti-Abortion Forces Mak... 14 hr cpeter1313 175
News Anti-vaccine movement focuses attention on Texa... 18 hr MOUSE FARTS 2
I need help. I don't know what's going on. Sun hkinslow0003 1
News Province backing 128-bed long-term care home in... Sun BoBo 1
News Annual Milton Dragon Boat Race to Raise Funds i... (May '13) Sun bring 100 beds back 4
News Senators call for $1B for flu vaccine development Sat VACCINES CAUSE AU... 1
watching wife get pregnant by another man (Jan '17) Feb 17 black toy 4 wf 52
More from around the web