Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns of Death and Serious Healt...

Full story: PRWeb 8,092
Patients should review the latest recall information to see if they have been implanted with the recalled device and seek medical attention if symptoms such as unexplained or persistent abdominal pain, fever, ... Full Story

Since: Jan 13

Burlington, WI

#7619 Apr 2, 2013
George wrote:
Anysuggestion
My posts are being blocked
Good luck - I am done here G
Thank You for your help, why are you being blocked? I/We need people like you.....sorry to hear this, thanks again

Burlington, WI

#7620 Apr 2, 2013
TERLIN....Did you get my reply? Not showing up on here, what happened? I have read numerous posts on how mesh can cause immune diseases...I have MS, symptoms were numbness of left side of my face, urinary problems, some fatique

Burlington, WI

#7621 Apr 2, 2013
Terlin wrote:
Anybody get any type of autoimune like symptoms from hernia mesh?
Post 7596 is one of many, I am learning the 2 may be related.....I have MS, symptoms are numbness of my face, urinary problems, fatigue
Cali

Paramount, CA

#7622 Apr 2, 2013
I'm having numbness of my hand when I go to sleep, if I lay them on my chest they fall asleep, I have to lay them on my side for them to fell normal. It all started after the hernia surgery. Has any one gone with Dr. Petersen in Las Vegas?
Anonymous

Spotswood, NJ

#7623 Apr 3, 2013
Mesh mate wrote:
Yes, my husband has experienced increasingly debilitating pain since 2007 when Atrium proloop mesb was used to repair his hernia.se<quoted text>
I had bi lateral hernia and surgeon placed proloop mesh also 2011. After six months started to have pain in the pelvis and a stabbing pain in the perenial area. Have been out of work for more then six months due to the mesh. I saw in this time about six surgeons and none could tell me what was the problem. I gas given medicine like Meloxicam, Naproxen, Levofloxacin and Amitriptyline, Cat Scan with contrast, sonogram in my groin area and two MRI'S and nerve test. Then I started to seach the internet if there was a problem or if I was the only one with the pain. After research and the last surgeon I saw told me that the pain was being caused by the mesh. He told me that if I wanted to be pain free to have them taken out or live with that pain for the rest of my life. Since none of the surgeons wanted to have anything to do with me with removing them I decided to go to a surgen in central america. He agreed to take them out last year december. After the surgery I felt much better he told me that the problem was that the mesh was all over the nerves in the inguinal area but now feel much better. I will have nerve damage and muscle damage due to the mesh. I have spoken with several lawyers in the US and they have told me that they are only persuing the Kuegel mesh for now. So like me and any others that had the proloop mesh lawyers are not doing these cases for now. My advise would be if you have a mesh and have complications have it removed because livivng with this pain is no life and what ever medicine they give you or test they will never go away. If you want to write to me and compare notes on pain that you have felt just like me your are welcomed God Bless all and hope you find relief. jpar21@hotmail.com
patty

United States

#7624 Apr 3, 2013
I can relate in a way to all of you. My hubby is still in massive pain and I think the main thing is to not give up. Send in your adverse event reports to MAUDE. Be sure you include all information such as dates, lot and or model numbers, manufacturers, all the medications, every single issue you have since the mesh was implanted. I know I personally counted over 60 new adverse event reports since the beginning of 2013 regarding Atrium Medical Corp meshes and grafts. Doesnt surprise me since their manufacturing facility was inspected last year and they failed in many areas. The warning letter is posted on tge FDA website. Keep fighting, dont let the meshes take over your life. Its been 19 months since my husband was implanted with an Atrium CQUR and even after 3 surgiries he is still in the same shape he was the day of implant, only worse. Good luck.
Terlin

Ann Arbor, MI

#7625 Apr 3, 2013
AnySuggestion wrote:
<quoted text>
Post 7596 is one of many, I am learning the 2 may be related.....I have MS, symptoms are numbness of my face, urinary problems, fatigue
I have defacating problems and urinating no urge, numbness through out body with pain and electric type buzzing.
Jason

United States

#7626 Apr 3, 2013
I got hurt at work in may of 2012, went to the 1st dr. and they told me I had kidney stones. Still had the pain so they sent me to a surgeon. He told me I had a torn groin muscle. Had xrays, mri's and got sent to another surgeon. He told me I had a hernia. Had a hernia surgery in november 2012 and he told me, he didnt find a hernia but put a mesh in there anyways. Still having pain so workmens comp sent me to another dr. and he thinks its a pinch nerve. So now im waiting to get sent to another dr. I think I need a good lawyer because im still in pain

Burlington, WI

#7627 Apr 3, 2013
Terlin wrote:
<quoted text> I have defacating problems and urinating no urge, numbness through out body with pain and electric type buzzing.
All symptoms of MS....
Terlin

Ann Arbor, MI

#7628 Apr 4, 2013
AnySuggestion wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have abdominal pain and bloating above the the groin? Hurts so bad I can't sit.

Burlington, WI

#7629 Apr 5, 2013
Terlin wrote:
<quoted text>Do you have abdominal pain and bloating above the the groin? Hurts so bad I can't sit.
Yes I do, abdominal pressure has turned into daily pain, I have a hard time sitting also, either have to lay down, or leave my right leg straighten out when I have to sit in a chair. Having another MRI done today, sick of what has gone on and do not know what to do! Sat in the hospital for over 2 hours yesterday trying to find out who the manufacturer of the Prolene polypropylene mesh was, lot #, etc. nothing
riverrat

Winona, MN

#7630 Apr 5, 2013
cracks a beer and pops a few percs wa
tchs ones that wont read old threads cuse there lazy and might just learn something
Terlin

Wayne, MI

#7631 Apr 5, 2013
AnySuggestion wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I do, abdominal pressure has turned into daily pain, I have a hard time sitting also, either have to lay down, or leave my right leg straighten out when I have to sit in a chair. Having another MRI done today, sick of what has gone on and do not know what to do! Sat in the hospital for over 2 hours yesterday trying to find out who the manufacturer of the Prolene polypropylene mesh was, lot #, etc. nothing
spent day in ER per gastro's order numb rectum now and urine retention, X-ray did tues showed stool all through the large bowls, with the leg and foot numbness they said to go to ER layed all day and had ct scan nothing abnormal showed up other than full of stool , sent me home to follow up with gastro. Things so bad have to lay in a van to go anywhere and can't sit and barely walk. Nerve pain througout body and always cold my legs and hands turned purple and bp 191-90 not life threatening they said and sent me home. Had mesh removed by Dr. Ramshaw last oct. I now have more pain in groin and my little guy, due to nerves he had to cut out of plugs. I also have fibromyagia symptoms along with brain fog. Now going through phych treatment not fun when in so much pain . Though idid see the tigers beat the yanks today in there home opener, wish I was there. Talk to ya
ALIEN BABY

Ocean View, NJ

#7632 Apr 6, 2013
AnySuggestion wrote:
Help.....The Dr. that told me the mesh was "fine" just called back. He beat around the bush, said I found no hernia, no fluid build-up, I said that is not what I asked, you told me the mesh was fine, 3 others saw no sign of it, he repeated what I just wrote......these Dr.'s just do not want to talk about this, I need to have this ruled out before I move on, and nobody will give me an answer. In my last post, I wrote that I did not give a **** about breast implants, what I meant by that is-why are we even talking about that? I am just plain frustrated, work construction, and cant due to the pain. Scared to death, do not know where to turn next.....would the hernia be back if the mesh was bad? I am trying to find out which mesh was used as posted by Meshoma Foundation, but easier said than done....where do I turn to next? I looked at the 2 sites George posted, thank you, great info, but I did not find any answers....what do I do?
Go to the hospital where your operation(s) were done, sign the release and get your WHOLE RECORD, not just specific reports. In there you will(should) find a copy of the OR report, what was put in your body. That is how you find out the type of mesh used. It is usually a little sticker taken off the packaging the mesh comes in so when placed on the OR report and photocopied it is pretty small and might be difficult to read..but it should have lot# batch# company it came from and manufacturer...IF it is not in there, go to the hospital record departments and QUESTION them WHY IS IT NOT IN HERE?? you will find that this whole mesh business is quite the conspiracy its like peeling the layers of an onion that gets worse and worse each time you get to another layer......my Pop had Davol Bard Composix EX mesh back in 2006 with nothing but serious problems since, no lawyer or doctor will touch him so he is left to suffer for the rest of his life like most mesh victims. Hope this helps.
Mitch

Grand Junction, CO

#7633 Apr 6, 2013
AnySuggestion wrote:
<quoted text>
That all sounds so familiar its scary but then there is "nothing" wrong with any of us we are all just "drug seekers" if you ask the surgeon who did this to me. I found an MD who is a pain Doc and he uses Wholistic, Chinese,natural and regular western medicine. He is amazing he hasn't fixed it but has made it so I am not ready to jump off a bridge. Just a little treat from God given to me via the doc is a topical cream with Marcaine 2% and DMSO rub it in over the area and use plenty in about 5 minutes you get relief even if its only temporary. Any relief is great if your pain is like mine it feels like I have been kicked in the balls and then had my left nut put in a vice that's were my stomach used to be before this all started. Any relief no mater how little or for how long is welcome.
Mitch

Grand Junction, CO

#7634 Apr 6, 2013
Terlin wrote:
<quoted text> spent day in ER per gastro's order numb rectum now and urine retention, X-ray did tues showed stool all through the large bowls, with the leg and foot numbness they said to go to ER layed all day and had ct scan nothing abnormal showed up other than full of stool , sent me home to follow up with gastro. Things so bad have to lay in a van to go anywhere and can't sit and barely walk. Nerve pain througout body and always cold my legs and hands turned purple and bp 191-90 not life threatening they said and sent me home. Had mesh removed by Dr. Ramshaw last oct. I now have more pain in groin and my little guy, due to nerves he had to cut out of plugs. I also have fibromyagia symptoms along with brain fog. Now going through phych treatment not fun when in so much pain . Though idid see the tigers beat the yanks today in there home opener, wish I was there. Talk to ya
its only temperery but the second surgery gave me more "trigger" points to ask your Doc for the topical Marcaine and DMSO I swear it is the best shit I have tried I am going to ask for more marcaine in it next time. MAKE sure they put DMSO in it they wont like using DMSO its a BS thing and it all has to do with money no matter what your doc tells you if he says its bad stuff find another doc who will give it to you. They say its not good for you and they dont know the long term affect. fercristsake I can tell you the long and short term affect of not getting relief and it starts with a bang and bright flash!! another thing I keep seeing here is everyone believes the surgeons dont yall remember they did this to us and then deny they did anything wrong so dont give up dont believe.
canada girl

Calgary, Canada

#7635 Apr 6, 2013
All Meshed Up wrote:
<quoted text> Barbara, you are experiencing what the rest of us have been dealing with for YEARS! Not only are the Dr.'s who do these surgeries covering their own asses but the FDA is doing a pretty good job also. Most of us on here have had multiple surgeries and surgeons. The surgeon that does the implant goes away or refuses to do anything further with the patient because....."There is nothing wrong"....."its nerve entrapment, take these pills"...... "your hooked on pain pills, there is nothing wrong, quit taking the pain pills"......"its all in your mind" and many other excuses or "explanations". The Dr. that comes in to "fix" what is wrong does not want to touch you because they are afraid to become part of a lawsuit. These Dr.'s jumped on the band wagon with the manufacturers of mesh products (whether hernia or gyno ) to make it easier for themselves and for a bigger profit. Now that it is becoming more and more obvious that mesh is a serious problem for most implantees' the cockroaches are running away. Many of us will never get a chance of restitution from a Dr. or the maker of the implant because of statute of limitations or just the complexity of the case. The courts are on the side of the manufacturers. The FDA is on the side of the manufacturers. The Dr.'s are on the side of the manufacturers. We as the victims don't have anyone to help us but those folks that are on this and other Blog sites. Yes, Barbara, it IS scary. It frustrating and it is a crime what has been done to us. Our Government has been protecting the rights of the manufacturers over the rights of the people that they are supposed to protect. I have worked with others to get the FDA to pursue the makers of these products on the basis of product liability, postal fraud ( they still to this day have advertisments that describe Polypropolene as an advancement in Hernia and Gyno care. Polypropolene will remain soft and pliant AFTER implant.), product fraud and other issues only to be told that the FDA has found " no problems with mesh products". An obvious lie. The Office of Criminal Investigation of the FDA, who will shut down an entire industry if little Johnny or Peggy gets their fingers smashed in a stoller, will not investigate mesh manufacturers. We have presented hundreds of documents and even a DVD that Ethicon made that should have been the nail in the coffin for mesh but to no avail. The FDA is clearly in the pockets of the Medical Manufacturering community. I hope that 2013 will bring a change in our governments inaction but I doubt it. Even if they do it will be too late for many of us, myself included.
I'm trying to research the best option for a ventral hernia repair
and would like to ask some private questions - would you email me at vroseboom@platinum.ca?
rodneyenriquezat yahoocom

United States

#7636 Apr 6, 2013
I had a double hernia repair 6 years ago my pain becomes so uncomfortable during sex I can't continue. my doctor says the mess in plant was not on the recall list.this has effected my life.what can i do. It has ruined my life and has taken my sex life.please help..
David Ramey

Yreka, CA

#7637 Apr 6, 2013
Hello I am 59 year old male I live in northern California I had a hernia repaired in 1998 with Bard Marlex mesh Davol 3" x 6" A year or so later i got where when I woke up I felt like I had a Hangover tired like I hadn't slept at all.The mornings got worse and worse , I felt like someone had beat my arms and legs with a bat the pain was so bad I could not get out of bed and I felt like I was shakeing inside.This past Oct 2012 I had a small scab apear below my belly button two inches below were the hernia was I showed my DR.because it was not healing.She sent me to a surgeon,He told me to wait a couple of weeks to see if it would heal. Two weeks later I went bact because it was not getting any better.He took a close look at it and told me he wanted to cut it out and have it tested for cancer because there was some black coloring in it so he did. The test showed that there was no cancer but forgien bodies in it. Where he stiched me up after it healed I cut a piece of what I thought was just scab but it was a piece of plastic.Does anyone know of an attorney that is going aginist Davol for Bard Marlex mesh? This is killing me for sure now thr stomach pain has started. This has been in me for fifteen years.Please Email me at dmstrmac1@aol.com please.

David Ramey
ALIEN BABY

Ocean View, NJ

#7638 Apr 7, 2013
David Ramey wrote:
Hello I am 59 year old male I live in northern California I had a hernia repaired in 1998 with Bard Marlex mesh Davol 3" x 6" A year or so later i got where when I woke up I felt like I had a Hangover tired like I hadn't slept at all.The mornings got worse and worse , I felt like someone had beat my arms and legs with a bat the pain was so bad I could not get out of bed and I felt like I was shakeing inside.This past Oct 2012 I had a small scab apear below my belly button two inches below were the hernia was I showed my DR.because it was not healing.She sent me to a surgeon,He told me to wait a couple of weeks to see if it would heal. Two weeks later I went bact because it was not getting any better.He took a close look at it and told me he wanted to cut it out and have it tested for cancer because there was some black coloring in it so he did. The test showed that there was no cancer but forgien bodies in it. Where he stiched me up after it healed I cut a piece of what I thought was just scab but it was a piece of plastic.Does anyone know of an attorney that is going aginist Davol for Bard Marlex mesh? This is killing me for sure now thr stomach pain has started. This has been in me for fifteen years.Please Email me at dmstrmac1@aol.com please.
David Ramey
WOW your story is very similar to my Pops, he had DAVOL BARD COMPSIX E/X MESH in 2006 and within months had to have it removed due to infection and wounds not healing.I have contacted everyone I know to contact,even Davol themselves and of course no one accepts responsibility for their mistakes.We are in South Jersey where the gyno mesh is getting hearing but the hernia mesh(MDL Rhode Island) is about over.They tell me my Pop has missed the statute of limitations...like being disfigured in constant pain,men problems, etc...like that has a statute. Jerks, all of them!! If you haven't already get your records, all of them, file an FDA MAUDE report for faulty devices,contact your senators, congress,complain complain, call then call some more, write letters....I wish I could give you better advice but the truth of the matter is the majority of the victims have been left to suffer because if any of these companies admit its THE PRODUCT that has caused all of these issues, then they would be in $$$$trouble.So they let afew people win on a technicality, without admitting any wrongdoing, and think everyone else will go away. Our only hope is to stand together to MAKE THE FDA AND THE COMPANIES LISTEN TO US!!! Good luck and take care of yourself, your health is most important, a fact a lot of us on here have had to accept......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Health Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Allergies: For love of pets, and their owners (Mar '14) 3 hr Jack 3
0569470225 hot massage in abu dhabi (Jan '14) 4 hr love man 32
The cause of acute prostatitis and the cause of... 5 hr lnxyw0414 1
Lower abdomen pain is a symptom of prostatitis 5 hr lnxyw0414 1
VeteranPTSD Epidemic Calls For Action 6 hr barara 1
Pediatricians as Mental Health Doctors 6 hr HumanSpirit 1
Retreat is 14th largest mental health provider ... 7 hr April Showers 9
Esophagus Spasm - How my mom STOPS her Esophage... (May '12) 14 hr MUSCLEANDMONEY 125
•••

Health People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••