Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns ...

Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns of Death and Serious Healt...

There are 8239 comments on the PRWeb story from Feb 4, 2007, titled Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns of Death and Serious Healt.... In it, PRWeb reports that:

Patients should review the latest recall information to see if they have been implanted with the recalled device and seek medical attention if symptoms such as unexplained or persistent abdominal pain, fever, ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at PRWeb.

steve

Atlanta, GA

#6730 Oct 14, 2012
I was getting timed out on above posting. It makes me sick that our own Fed gov and health insurance companies could stop alot of this med fraud with in the med manufactures. We become disabled. It takes years to get SS or SS disabilities. Look at the timme wasted dollars wasted cause of the monopoly of hiring a disability lawyer , then if one is luck to finial get disability, the lawyer gets a 1/4 of your back pay. Yet gov wants now kick people off disabilities to try cutting back. Yet our own gov doesn't do anything to take fraud medical devices, or manufactures that do a monopoly. Yet their is a sugar strike in our North West States. American Crystal Sugar. Union run, going on now 14 months, now AFL-CIO wants a nation Boycott to not buy AC Sugar. Point is this, if a party can get backing to boycott cause by a strike of getting union people back to work, then why cann't gov boycott stop faulty med devices?
Laura

Englewood, FL

#6731 Oct 14, 2012
I had hernia surgery a few years back. Well the mesh got infected and they treated me with antibiotics. I also had a heart attak the day they were to remove it. So I'm told have to wait for the lood thinners are working a year before I could have surgery. Well in January 2012 my skin starts spreading apart from my belly button dow toward my hairline,it stops and a hole opens up called a fistula so all my stomach contents and partial bowel is spewing out. It doesn't do it if I stop eating. I keep going from Dr to Dr. but noone will touch me because of my heart. I have lost alot of weight and its hard to find something that will work cause of the fold of my skin. I am raw and fed up. I am a victim locked in my home in fear of this gushing out when it feels. No colostomy bag has fit.
Tom

Laguna Beach, CA

#6732 Oct 14, 2012
All Meshed Up wrote:
Hello Everybody! I recieved a letter from Glenn Pensak of Ethicon(J&J) adviseing me that they could not find "Any evidence" that my Prolene mesh caused me any damage. After reporting to them about my wonderful experience with their product and sending him my Pathology report, my Op report, the Workmens Comp Dr.'s report all of which identify the Prolene mesh as what caused all my damage. The stuff crumpled and twisted up inside me, damn near killed me and I even have pictures of what it looked like when they pulled it out. It did NOT look like what went in. Have any of you folks recieved a similar letter from Glenn Pensak? If so please let me know. Thanks Mucho........
Hi I am from Grand Junction also and have had similar problems. Did you find someone there to remove your mesh?
patty

United States

#6733 Oct 14, 2012
Laura wrote:
I had hernia surgery a few years back. Well the mesh got infected and they treated me with antibiotics. I also had a heart attak the day they were to remove it. So I'm told have to wait for the lood thinners are working a year before I could have surgery. Well in January 2012 my skin starts spreading apart from my belly button dow toward my hairline,it stops and a hole opens up called a fistula so all my stomach contents and partial bowel is spewing out. It doesn't do it if I stop eating. I keep going from Dr to Dr. but noone will touch me because of my heart. I have lost alot of weight and its hard to find something that will work cause of the fold of my skin. I am raw and fed up. I am a victim locked in my home in fear of this gushing out when it feels. No colostomy bag has fit.
I think I speak not only for myself but for some others here, I am so sorry this happened to you. Heart problems are bad enough, but you have gone through a really horrid thing. I can understand the heart problem standing in the way of surgery to repair your open incision, but for gods sake, you need help. I have nothing to tell you, I cant even begin to think of how you could be helped except find the right doctor. Do you have a university hospital where you live or can you get referred to one? Maybe and hopefully a great doctor at a place like that will be able to help. Good luck and im praying for you hon.
patty

United States

#6734 Oct 14, 2012
steve wrote:
I was getting timed out on above posting. It makes me sick that our own Fed gov and health insurance companies could stop alot of this med fraud with in the med manufactures. We become disabled. It takes years to get SS or SS disabilities. Look at the timme wasted dollars wasted cause of the monopoly of hiring a disability lawyer , then if one is luck to finial get disability, the lawyer gets a 1/4 of your back pay. Yet gov wants now kick people off disabilities to try cutting back. Yet our own gov doesn't do anything to take fraud medical devices, or manufactures that do a monopoly. Yet their is a sugar strike in our North West States. American Crystal Sugar. Union run, going on now 14 months, now AFL-CIO wants a nation Boycott to not buy AC Sugar. Point is this, if a party can get backing to boycott cause by a strike of getting union people back to work, then why cann't gov boycott stop faulty med devices?
Because all of the above are in a huge cozy bed together with a huge quilt made of money. Imagine that. Im not knocking your comment one bit. Im sick of it too, as we all are. Its the disgusting truth, they just dont care. Its going to take a march on washington the size of rolling thunder ( the nations biggest biker get together) to get media attention and get the people at home watching the news in every state. Then the public will be aware of the problem with mesh. Just like the steroid priblem which caused so many meningitis deaths. Hell, patients were not even told about that even after they were treated with the steroid in question, they had to find out about it on the news. This mesh thing gets news covrerage and gets the attention that the steroid thing got, people who have the mesh and the " mystery illnesses and pain" are going to figure out that they too have been lied to by their doctors. Dont expect it on FOX news though, they are just overly fair and balanced.
All Meshed Up

Grand Junction, CO

#6735 Oct 15, 2012
Tom wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi I am from Grand Junction also and have had similar problems. Did you find someone there to remove your mesh?
Good Morning Tom, I had emergency surgery in Montrose. The Prolene mesh was slowly killing me. The Dr. who removed lost his privledges at Montrose Memorial Hospital for infection and medical device failures. He did a lot of lap bands ( not to be confused with lap dance) and apparently installed a few Kugels also as in my case. Dr Sawyer is now somewhere in Arizona supposedly. If I had the where with all to do it I would go to Dr Peterson in Las vegas NV. as did Patty and her husband. What type of mesh do you have and what problems are you having? Are you in GJ still?
All Meshed Up

Grand Junction, CO

#6736 Oct 15, 2012
patty wrote:
<quoted text> Because all of the above are in a huge cozy bed together with a huge quilt made of money. Imagine that. Im not knocking your comment one bit. Im sick of it too, as we all are. Its the disgusting truth, they just dont care. Its going to take a march on washington the size of rolling thunder ( the nations biggest biker get together) to get media attention and get the people at home watching the news in every state. Then the public will be aware of the problem with mesh. Just like the steroid priblem which caused so many meningitis deaths. Hell, patients were not even told about that even after they were treated with the steroid in question, they had to find out about it on the news. This mesh thing gets news covrerage and gets the attention that the steroid thing got, people who have the mesh and the " mystery illnesses and pain" are going to figure out that they too have been lied to by their doctors. Dont expect it on FOX news though, they are just overly fair and balanced.
The problem with mesh cases is that we are not dieing in droves. The products that are harming us are not being recalled by anyone and the ones that did had NOTHING to do with MESH. They were recalled because of the plastic ring that breaks and does all sorts of nasty things. The Gyno meshs that are now being focused on by the lawyers ( scum waffles, vultures, etc etc.) are not being recalled either. They are being brought to court for personal damage cases. The manufacturers have started taking some off the market for one reason or another and they have nothing to do with a recall. Its a "marketing shift" or whatever they want to call it. The FDA has had 1000's of complaints about mesh. Yes, the menengitis from the steroid shots is horrible. The FDA is not responsible for that. The reason being is that they give permission to make the "shot" as per the companies and the FDA's guidlines. The FDA approves that guideline after reviewing it and the companies competance and then the company gets an OK from the FDA to proceed. Where the FDA comes in now is oversight for the government in it capacity as the governing agency. They will investigate and prosecute as neccesary when all is done and said. What we as mesh victims are dealing with is the FDA ignoreing our complaints as consumers. We are not dropping dead in the streets from mesh. We are quietly suffering while the manufacturers, with FDA permission, go about their buisness pumping out more mesh devices. Yet we are in the same situation as those poor people that got steroid shots and trusted the medical system to provide them with safe, reliable products that are supposed to help us, not harm us. That is one of the many reasons that we all need to make a MAUDE data base report. Even though it seems that we are beating our heads against a wall, the more reports that are made the more the FDA cannot ignore us in the end. I have no idea how we will break down the barrier that exists between us and getting Meshoma out into the public attention as does the steroid scare but we have to keep trying.
steve

Norcross, GA

#6737 Oct 15, 2012
Ok just now on the nightly news, I happen to be watching CBS. Now the FDA saying a RECALL on all of the Companies Drugs. I just went on the FDA Recall it's quit a list. It's scary for I had to have 4 different steroid shots for posion ivy,sumac, a month ago. So now tomorrow a call to family doc. For I have signs of eyes have become sensitive to light. Minor headaches, things I don't normally have. Just had eyes checked today. I also thought might be meds. It sucks that it's election yr. and we get screwed for who ever gets voted into office!! Money talks BULL Crap walks. Yet I still blame FDA for the steroid outbreak, for on the first cases should of been looked into closer. The place is now closed it doors. Quess to mean lies, finger pointing whos to blame etc.... Now the recalls goes as far back to May of 2012. Now including other steroid shots.
Blair

Montague, Canada

#6738 Oct 16, 2012
The time has come to recall the FDA and rehaul the goverment. They know the truth about mesh. All these mesh and drug companys are supporting their campaigns. The same bullshit in Canada. Why would they rock the boat,they are all in it for their cream pensions. Just sweep the meshs victims under the matt.
steve

Atlanta, GA

#6739 Oct 16, 2012
steve wrote:
Ok just now on the nightly news, I happen to be watching CBS. Now the FDA saying a RECALL on all of the Companies Drugs. I just went on the FDA Recall it's quit a list. It's scary for I had to have 4 different steroid shots for posion ivy,sumac, a month ago. So now tomorrow a call to family doc. For I have signs of eyes have become sensitive to light. Minor headaches, things I don't normally have. Just had eyes checked today. I also thought might be meds. It sucks that it's election yr. and we get screwed for who ever gets voted into office!! Money talks BULL Crap walks. Yet I still blame FDA for the steroid outbreak, for on the first cases should of been looked into closer. The place is now closed it doors. Quess to mean lies, finger pointing whos to blame etc.... Now the recalls goes as far back to May of 2012. Now including other steroid shots.
Sorry for misspelled words. My eyes are bothering me. Guess in place of(quess).
All Meshed Up

Grand Junction, CO

#6740 Oct 16, 2012
steve wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry for misspelled words. My eyes are bothering me. Guess in place of(quess).
No problemo Steve, we here on this forum, most times than not, are really upset when we post on here about what really bothers us and along with it comes FAT FINGER syndrom! Terrible stuff. I truly hope your eye situation is nothing more than allergies. I am scheduled to have a steroid shot for pain in my knee after the surgery didn't go as well as planned. The V.A. wants to inject it to "quiet it down". I think I'll let my knee be as "Noisy" as it wants for a while! As far as the FDA is concerned, and please believe me I am not an FDA fan, they cannot be in all places at all times. They approve the way a drug or device is made according to what the manufacturer shows them physically and on paper. It is the manufacturers responsability to follow safe guidelines to provide a safe product for the consumer. The FDA should ( I do not know if they do.) do spot checks and product sampling to check on product safety, reliability and whether it is made in accordance to proper practices. You would think, especially with medications like an injectable steroid, that there would be specimen cross checks where a product is checked for contamination etc.. In the case of this pharmacy there apparently was NO oversight, sampling or cross checking. I cannot point the finger directly to the FDA for this failure but the fact that these drugs have been causing problems since May and NO warning was issued to the general public is criminal at the least. I DO however blame the FDA for what I think is their "soft" approach to all medical product manufacturers after an approval process. They do not follow up after an approval of a product to make sure that it is what it is supposed to be unless there has been an incident. Fungus in an injectible medication?!!!? No excuse is acceptable.
All Meshed Up

Grand Junction, CO

#6741 Oct 16, 2012
Blair wrote:
The time has come to recall the FDA and rehaul the goverment. They know the truth about mesh. All these mesh and drug companys are supporting their campaigns. The same bullshit in Canada. Why would they rock the boat,they are all in it for their cream pensions. Just sweep the meshs victims under the matt.
As I have stated before, Blair, follow the money. There cannot be any other reason than that for the FDA to ignore 1000's of consumer complaints about mesh unless the they ARE being paid off. I am not saying all FDA employess mind you. But in my experience with talking to the FDA I believe that the upper echelons of the FDA ARE being paid off either now or when they "retire" at age 55 to a life of luxury that most of us will never know and have made directives to those below their pay grade that it is "hands off" when it comes to mesh complaints. In a meeting in Manhatten ealier this year the man that should know about the complaints, as his office monitors them, said that he had "NO KNOWLEDGE OF ANY COMPLAINTS". How he did this without choking on his words I have no idea. Even the inventor of mesh, who put out the guidelines for what mesh products should NOT do if implanted is on board with this out and out lie. FOLLOW THE MONEY. Why is it that the agency that is supposed to protect consumers is ignoreing them now when it comes to victims of mesh? FOLLOW THE MONEY. Even the FDA's own investigative branch is so secretive about ANY findings of their "supposed" investigations that the complaintant cannot get any info on their conclusions. This is a great way to be able to obvuscate the situation and not have to release a finding that goes against the FDA or the manufacturers unless they want to. FOLLOW THE F@#&ING MONEY. Makes me sick to think that this is MY government at work.
Buffen_MyEster

Denver, CO

#6742 Oct 16, 2012
Well, the hernia MD on the "yellow" companion board is praising the dual layer UltraPro hernia mesh. I commented on that board that the dual layer system is nothing more than a marketing gimmick. The bottom layer of the hernia mesh is only 7 cm in diameter and does nothing. You can also go to Dr. Goodyear's board at the North Penn Hernia Institute and he also promotes this device.
mofolly

Rusk, TX

#6743 Oct 16, 2012
yup... I've been saying for years..it's money in the bank....
All Meshed Up wrote:
<quoted text> As I have stated before, Blair, follow the money. There cannot be any other reason than that for the FDA to ignore 1000's of consumer complaints about mesh unless the they ARE being paid off. I am not saying all FDA employess mind you. But in my experience with talking to the FDA I believe that the upper echelons of the FDA ARE being paid off either now or when they "retire" at age 55 to a life of luxury that most of us will never know and have made directives to those below their pay grade that it is "hands off" when it comes to mesh complaints. In a meeting in Manhatten ealier this year the man that should know about the complaints, as his office monitors them, said that he had "NO KNOWLEDGE OF ANY COMPLAINTS". How he did this without choking on his words I have no idea. Even the inventor of mesh, who put out the guidelines for what mesh products should NOT do if implanted is on board with this out and out lie. FOLLOW THE MONEY. Why is it that the agency that is supposed to protect consumers is ignoreing them now when it comes to victims of mesh? FOLLOW THE MONEY. Even the FDA's own investigative branch is so secretive about ANY findings of their "supposed" investigations that the complaintant cannot get any info on their conclusions. This is a great way to be able to obvuscate the situation and not have to release a finding that goes against the FDA or the manufacturers unless they want to. FOLLOW THE F@#&ING MONEY. Makes me sick to think that this is MY government at work.
patty

Los Angeles, CA

#6744 Oct 16, 2012
mofolly wrote:
yup... I've been saying for years..it's money in the bank....
<quoted text>
Liar!
Sonia_59

Wollongong, Australia

#6745 Oct 16, 2012
Hi, has anyone had SurgioPro mesh inside them. I had surgery for a prolapsed pelvis/bowel in December 2011, and now I feel really unwell, third lot of antibiotics, fever, abdominal and stomach pain, burning both areas, and something feels like sitting on top of my vagina. Also passing red finger nail size material from backside, and coffee like stating on my undies. If anyone has had this mesh in them please let me know. The surgeon who did the op has gone to ground.
patty

Fresno, CA

#6746 Oct 16, 2012
patty wrote:
<quoted text>Liar!
um there is another " patty" here,not me,the same patty that has been here for months. I didnt post the " liar" reply, not my style. My replies are, lets say, more colorful!
patty

Fresno, CA

#6747 Oct 17, 2012
Sonia_59 wrote:
Hi, has anyone had SurgioPro mesh inside them. I had surgery for a prolapsed pelvis/bowel in December 2011, and now I feel really unwell, third lot of antibiotics, fever, abdominal and stomach pain, burning both areas, and something feels like sitting on top of my vagina. Also passing red finger nail size material from backside, and coffee like stating on my undies. If anyone has had this mesh in them please let me know. The surgeon who did the op has gone to ground.
Get to the ER and take a sample in a steril container, thats the best way because we are not doctors and by what you have described, you need medical attention.
Blair

Montague, Canada

#6748 Oct 17, 2012
Steven, any news from your law firm . River Rat are you all right. Patty how are things going with your husband. All meshed up you are so right it is all about the money. Boy,did the court system let us down.
steve

Norcross, GA

#6749 Oct 17, 2012
I wonder if their is a medical version of Monopoly sitting on medical manufacture board room tables, along with now on Court room board rooms, FDA Board Rooms. Gold lined one in the Congress, one in the Oval Office? I can just picture this game board lay out, the playing pieces, loaded dice, the chance and community chest cards. Our chances if we open up public about surgery gone wronng. Seeking out help.( Only good card maybe our get out of jail card== free medical help if win law suite.) Go=$200.00 what we now receive from law suit after 1/4 paid to pay lawyers to fight medical defective mesh or devices. Most of the Aves are the Hospital where surgeries took place. Oriental Ave= defective devices come from. Income tax=we owed if receive$$'s if we win case of over $5000.00. RailRoads= all rails we been down for help but ended up getting railroaded. Electric Companies= 24hrs been up researching for help, burning the midnight oil. In Jail visiting for speaking out protesting for our rights. State Ave= when we turn to our state Gov for help. Free Parking= court room hearing, emergencey room parking. Water works = for all our crying done for all our pains, which no one listins to us. Go to Jail= all involed in wrong doing and hideing cover ups of medical devices defects. Marvins Garden= our finial resting places when we cann't get medical help. Park Place= State Govs. Luxury Tax= taxes we pay for new mesh surgery. Board Walk= Fed Gov walk to FED Offices= congress, FDA, places that were suppose to protect us. Thanks for playing but you loose.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Health Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Federal tax hike on cigarettes is criticized by... (Mar '09) 31 min Ronald 33
News Texas Muslims open doors for the start of Ramadan (Jun '15) 45 min Ottoman Sultan 24
News Chipotle adding chorizo at Columbus restaurants... 1 hr benghazi 11
Nudity at doctor's office (Mar '07) 2 hr vicki 85
News How Therapy Became A Hobby Of The Wealthy, Out ... 7 hr HumanSpirit 1
Are Air Fryers really healthier? 11 hr Truth Hurts 2
News Sleeping pills, anxiety meds may shorten lives (Nov '10) 11 hr tracy1989 33
News Pregnancy Symptoms - 12 Very Early Symptoms of ... (Jun '07) Thu Krissy 6,852
More from around the web