Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns ...

Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns of Death and Serious Healt...

There are 8252 comments on the PRWeb story from Feb 4, 2007, titled Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns of Death and Serious Healt.... In it, PRWeb reports that:

Patients should review the latest recall information to see if they have been implanted with the recalled device and seek medical attention if symptoms such as unexplained or persistent abdominal pain, fever, ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at PRWeb.

mofolly

Rusk, TX

#6754 Oct 17, 2012
HI Lisa...I too have a long medical history involving synthetic mesh. The last surgery I had was a hernia repair using Alloderm which has failed. I have the name and number of an attorney who may can help you. Email me at mosfolly@yahoo.com and we'll talk more.
Lisa Howard wrote:
I too have had 2 abd. hernia surg. repairs first using gore tex that rolled up and failed, stomach went behind heart unable to eat or drink,2nd surg. 1 year later using allderm mesh that has also failed, recent gallbladder surg. with dumping syndrome have gastroparesis and 1/2 of my stomach is now again in my left chest wall. I need help with finding a lawyer who will handle this case. My doctor will not touch me on this. This is more serious than the other vag mesh cases since it involves the gastrointestinal system. Please help and advice on this.
All Meshed Up

Grand Junction, CO

#6755 Oct 17, 2012
Sonia_59 wrote:
Hi, has anyone had SurgioPro mesh inside them. I had surgery for a prolapsed pelvis/bowel in December 2011, and now I feel really unwell, third lot of antibiotics, fever, abdominal and stomach pain, burning both areas, and something feels like sitting on top of my vagina. Also passing red finger nail size material from backside, and coffee like stating on my undies. If anyone has had this mesh in them please let me know. The surgeon who did the op has gone to ground.
I'm with Patty on this one Sonya. Get samples, get them in a safe place where they will not be "destroyed". Get to an emergency room as soon as possible and get checked out. An MRI might show what is going on. The red material sounds like blood clots and the coffee grounds may be what your body is elimanating as poop.As Patty stated we are NOT Dr.'s here by any means but what you are describeing is not good. There have been terrible cases involving most of the Gyno meshs here in the states. Please get to a Dr then let us know how you are doing. Best Wishes....
patty

United States

#6756 Oct 17, 2012
steve wrote:
PS I left out chances of getting SSDisabilites card. You might get after 6 trips around the board. Other my change the game board, including insurance companies,wall street, it's up to you, no copyright rules.. but you will have to pay me in order to change. Called a monopoly. I may take a payoff when no one is looking. We take all world wide money in advance payment. Cash payments only.
Ill take the get out of jail free card!
rosie

United States

#6757 Oct 17, 2012
STEVEN. JOHNSON. LAW FIRM IN FORT WORTH TEXAS. HAS HAD MY CASE FILED. IN COURTS. SINCE 2007. I AM REQUESTING A ADVANCE ON MY LAWSUIT. FOR A FAMILY. ER AND HE IS REFUSING. TO THE ADVANCE. THIS IS BS. 5YEARS TO SEATTLE. HERINA MESH SUIT. ANYONE HAVING. PROBLEMS. WITH JOHNSON. LAWFIRM
PLEASE POST A COMMENT AND HOW. CAN I REACIVE A ADVANCE WITHOUT. JOHNSON. HELP
S
I
Sonia_59

Sydney, Australia

#6758 Oct 18, 2012
already posted
Blair

Montague, Canada

#6759 Oct 18, 2012
rosie wrote:
STEVEN. JOHNSON. LAW FIRM IN FORT WORTH TEXAS. HAS HAD MY CASE FILED. IN COURTS. SINCE 2007. I AM REQUESTING A ADVANCE ON MY LAWSUIT. FOR A FAMILY. ER AND HE IS REFUSING. TO THE ADVANCE. THIS IS BS. 5YEARS TO SEATTLE. HERINA MESH SUIT. ANYONE HAVING. PROBLEMS. WITH JOHNSON. LAWFIRM
PLEASE POST A COMMENT AND HOW. CAN I REACIVE A ADVANCE WITHOUT. JOHNSON. HELP
S
I
Rosie, did you refuse the first settlement. Most of the ones who took the first settlement have received some money already.
riverrat

Winona, MN

#6760 Oct 18, 2012
rosie STEVEN. JOHNSON. LAW FIRM IN FORT WORTH TEXAs
wil nopt setle unless ur meash gets cut out for this reason they can get ya $22,000.00 with mesh in and settle it real easy but there looking out for you down the road if they settle for 22,000 and down the road you run into a life threatning medical mesh problem there is no recorse for you to seek a dime of the recalled mesh claim (if you settle its the end of any claim(S)

they told me to call when it gets removed wich the claim and ins pays 450,000.00
All Meshed Up

Grand Junction, CO

#6761 Oct 18, 2012
riverrat wrote:
rosie STEVEN. JOHNSON. LAW FIRM IN FORT WORTH TEXAs
wil nopt setle unless ur meash gets cut out for this reason they can get ya $22,000.00 with mesh in and settle it real easy but there looking out for you down the road if they settle for 22,000 and down the road you run into a life threatning medical mesh problem there is no recorse for you to seek a dime of the recalled mesh claim (if you settle its the end of any claim(S)
they told me to call when it gets removed wich the claim and ins pays 450,000.00
Good to see you posting again River rat! I was told by the Johnson group to call them when my ring breaks to file a law suit. So if you have one going stay with it for sure. I still say they and so many other law firms in this country that are taking advantage of mesh victims are a bunch of vultures. That includes you to Mark Mueller.
Lisa Spitzer MSW

Boca Raton, FL

#6762 Oct 18, 2012
I speak to women who call the vaginalmeshhelpline.com and offer support and help locating a doctor. Yes, we do help with lawyers but that is not the entire story. There is alot of information on the site and updates and news. Many women need someone to talk to and help in knowing when a doctor is giving them the run around. Many doctors just do not understand the vaginal mesh at all. Women need information and support. Yes we do connect women with lawyers but that is not the whole story. Lisa Spitzer MSW ( social worker, not a lawyer)
Lisa Spitzer MSW

Boca Raton, FL

#6763 Oct 18, 2012
Lana Keeton wrote:
<quoted text>
for your informationa:
VAGINAL MESH HELPLINE is an attorney referral service.
The address and phone listed listed below are not for Internationall Urogynecological Association as it leads you to believe under Transvaginal Mesh Resources but for Lisa Spitzer's attorney referral office:
This is not the address for the IUGA! > >
101 N. Riverside Dr.
Suite# 212
Pompano Beach, Fl 33062
Google the phone number listed - 877 522 2123 - and you will find it is also listed for the Jewish Lawyer's Network and other legal services all over the country.
It's a front to get you there so Lisa Spitzer gets a referral fee from an attorney.
I am Lisa Spitzer MSW and I do have a number of support services. I do not get a referral fee for sending women to a lawyer. I strongly suggest folks check things out before they post. We never imply anything. A resource is just that, a resource. We list doctors on the state pages as we learn about doctors from our callers and I do not get a fee for listing the doctors. I am earnestly concerned about women with a vaginal mesh and we have helped women get doctors as well as lawyers. I am a medical social worker by trade and have worked with both doctors and lawyers for many years and know the legal field. Women with a vaginal mesh are in a horrific state and need help. They have doctors who have no clue and lawyers who are after them. They are getting email blasts. I believe my knowledge of both the legal and medical aspects puts me in the position of helper and educator. To state that I get a referral fee without knowing whether I do or not is ridiculous. We help women in the U.S and Canada. It is hard to find the right lawyer and it is even harder to find a doctor. It always shocks me how folks make comments by assuming without checking it out first. All addresses on the resource page are posted as the resources they are. Many people have a business and then find a mission that touches their hearts and they feel a calling to help. The vaginal mesh was an injustice to women. Women deserve justice for the agony they have gone thru. Lisa Spitzer MSW
Buffen_MyEster

Denver, CO

#6764 Oct 18, 2012
If you have mesh put in and have pain afterwards, the doctors will say they did nothing wrong, everything is o.k and the pain will go away. You may go to a different surgeon who may offer reoperation and discover the mesh has migrated, folded up and trapped nerves. This process may make you a little better and then the 3 year statute of limitations is up and you cannot sue anybody. You are in horrible pain and they just messed up your life. The cases are underreported because often times the hernia surgery is in the elderly or sedate. What do you do next? They just messed up your anatomy and you may try to find a surgoen who is mentioned on the Nort Penn hernia discussion board. Dr. Goodyear will not take you as he only does primary hernia surgeries.
Got it now.... Buffen_MyEster
silkie

Richmond, VA

#6765 Oct 19, 2012
I don't know if this is linked..My mother had gastric bypass on the early 90's.Afterwards she had lots of complications..Bloody stools,blood clots,incontinence and so fourth
She had mesh put in,I thought is was for blood clots she kept getting.God bless her soul she passed five years ago:/
patty

Los Angeles, CA

#6767 Oct 19, 2012
All Meshed Up wrote:
<quoted text> I'm with Patty on this one Sonya. Get samples, get them in a safe place where they will not be "destroyed". Get to an emergency room as soon as possible and get checked out. An MRI might show what is going on. The red material sounds like blood clots and the coffee grounds may be what your body is elimanating as poop.As Patty stated we are NOT Dr.'s here by any means but what you are describeing is not good. There have been terrible cases involving most of the Gyno meshs here in the states. Please get to a Dr then let us know how you are doing. Best Wishes....
Hey mshed, you said an MRI? What do they show in comparison to a CT scan with contrast? u
All Meshed Up

Grand Junction, CO

#6768 Oct 19, 2012
All Meshed Up wrote:
<quoted text> Good to see you posting again River rat! I was told by the Johnson group to call them when my ring breaks to file a law suit. So if you have one going stay with it for sure. I still say they and so many other law firms in this country that are taking advantage of mesh victims are a bunch of vultures. That includes you to Mark Mueller.
You know whats really funny about this post? I haven't been happy with layers in general and a few of them I really question their morality in their dealings with mesh victims. But thats for another day. I was poking at Mark Mueller because of that but also that he has quite a few of my medical and FDA documents that have helped him but has never acknowledged that or considered me for a client. I have been under the impression that he dropped me as a client a long toime ago so what-ever. Yesterday, after writing that post I went to my P.O. box and what do I find? Not one, but TWO letters from Mark Muellers office. One letter was "CERTIFIED"! OOooooo! Yep, does not want me as a client, not a good case, you are S.O.L. and by the way, you should contact the FDA to report your mesh problem! YO! MARKO! DUDE! I gave you the last 2 responses from the FDA to my complaints and you were supposed to have used them on a case on the west coast, bubbie! Come on, MAN! Catch up! You know? Its terrible when I am right. What a wad. Any way other buisness! Check out this link about the latest Gyno-mesh news! http://meshmedicaldevicenewsdesk.com/featured... Thanks Patty! Hope everyone has a good weekend. Best Wishes
All Meshed Up

Grand Junction, CO

#6769 Oct 19, 2012
patty wrote:
<quoted text> Hey mshed, you said an MRI? What do they show in comparison to a CT scan with contrast? u
Depends on the site, the machine and what you are looking for. The MRI I "think" can show more of the damage and such but does not "see" the mesh. I believe that the CT scan can show the mass and structure better where the mesh is. But I really haven't been able to get a definate answer to that question or see the 2 side by side mainly because if I mention mesh a for some reason people shut up.( or look at you with that WTF look!) I have seen what a sono-gram can do though and with the right operator and a good machine you can really get a good view of mesh. At least in my case. Hope Don is well. Hang in there!
patty

United States

#6770 Oct 20, 2012
All Meshed Up wrote:
<quoted text> You know whats really funny about this post? I haven't been happy with layers in general and a few of them I really question their morality in their dealings with mesh victims. But thats for another day. I was poking at Mark Mueller because of that but also that he has quite a few of my medical and FDA documents that have helped him but has never acknowledged that or considered me for a client. I have been under the impression that he dropped me as a client a long toime ago so what-ever. Yesterday, after writing that post I went to my P.O. box and what do I find? Not one, but TWO letters from Mark Muellers office. One letter was "CERTIFIED"! OOooooo! Yep, does not want me as a client, not a good case, you are S.O.L. and by the way, you should contact the FDA to report your mesh problem! YO! MARKO! DUDE! I gave you the last 2 responses from the FDA to my complaints and you were supposed to have used them on a case on the west coast, bubbie! Come on, MAN! Catch up! You know? Its terrible when I am right. What a wad. Any way other buisness! Check out this link about the latest Gyno-mesh news! http://meshmedicaldevicenewsdesk.com/featured... Thanks Patty! Hope everyone has a good weekend. Best Wishes
Mr. Mueller sounds like hes no better than a public pretender. What a waste of your efforts. Have a good weekend mr meshed, go raiders!
Blair

Montague, Canada

#6771 Oct 20, 2012
All Meshed Up wrote:
<quoted text> You know whats really funny about this post? I haven't been happy with layers in general and a few of them I really question their morality in their dealings with mesh victims. But thats for another day. I was poking at Mark Mueller because of that but also that he has quite a few of my medical and FDA documents that have helped him but has never acknowledged that or considered me for a client. I have been under the impression that he dropped me as a client a long toime ago so what-ever. Yesterday, after writing that post I went to my P.O. box and what do I find? Not one, but TWO letters from Mark Muellers office. One letter was "CERTIFIED"! OOooooo! Yep, does not want me as a client, not a good case, you are S.O.L. and by the way, you should contact the FDA to report your mesh problem! YO! MARKO! DUDE! I gave you the last 2 responses from the FDA to my complaints and you were supposed to have used them on a case on the west coast, bubbie! Come on, MAN! Catch up! You know? Its terrible when I am right. What a wad. Any way other buisness! Check out this link about the latest Gyno-mesh news! http://meshmedicaldevicen.com ewsdesk/featured-articles/mesh -cases-ten-thousand-and-growin g/ Thanks Patty! Hope everyone has a good weekend. Best Wishes
I got the exact same letters from Motley Rice. I am on the list for a small payout but all i get is the shaft. My mesh implant sure opened my eyes to surgeons who lie and Law firms who have a licence to steal from victims. We know more than most law firms, all they do is collect names of mesh victims and wait for the verdict, to collect easy money. Thanks for the update, lots of articles. I am sure these victims will also be screwed by going with a MDL. They quoted the MDL moves along quickly, LOL.
Sonia_59

Sydney, Australia

#6772 Oct 21, 2012
Buffen_MyEster wrote:
If you have mesh put in and have pain afterwards, the doctors will say they did nothing wrong, everything is o.k and the pain will go away. You may go to a different surgeon who may offer reoperation and discover the mesh has migrated, folded up and trapped nerves. This process may make you a little better and then the 3 year statute of limitations is up and you cannot sue anybody. You are in horrible pain and they just messed up your life. The cases are underreported because often times the hernia surgery is in the elderly or sedate. What do you do next? They just messed up your anatomy and you may try to find a surgoen who is mentioned on the Nort Penn hernia discussion board. Dr. Goodyear will not take you as he only does primary hernia surgeries. Got it now.... Buffen_MyEster
Hi I am with you, this particular surgeon, he is gorgeous and a great bedside manner, but never judge a book by the cover, has tried to send me to somenone else twice. I have been in touch with Tyco subsidiary of Coviden US, and Surgipro Mesh is still here on the market, when Covidien withdrew it in Feb 2001.
All Meshed Up

Grand Junction, CO

#6773 Oct 22, 2012
Sonia_59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi I am with you, this particular surgeon, he is gorgeous and a great bedside manner, but never judge a book by the cover, has tried to send me to somenone else twice. I have been in touch with Tyco subsidiary of Coviden US, and Surgipro Mesh is still here on the market, when Covidien withdrew it in Feb 2001.
So if the SurgiPro was withdrawn from the U.S. market, what in the heck is it doing in Australia? Its these deceptions within the mesh market that are truly telling about the mind set of the manufacturers. They don't know about this stuff there so we will just take it there and sell it. Oh no they found out about the problems with this stuff we better make a "Marketing Shift"! Is it any wonder that they lie to us about mesh? They know whats happening but there is too much money to be made. You would think that at some point in time the bubble would burst and the tower would tumble but with the help of the FDA they just keep on chugging along. What a nightmare. Good Luck Sonya!....
Nan

Fair Oaks, CA

#6774 Oct 22, 2012
I have had thre surgeries in the Umbicial area. 1- a Laparoscopic gallbladder surgery (pulling gallbladder through the umbicial area), mesh applied (3/15/10). 2- A hernia erupted at the point of surgery, operated and mesh applied (10/1/10).. 3- Had this hernia removed and mesh applied (4/12/12). The mesh used was as Kugal Ventratex Patch.
Now as of 10/10/12 I have another hernia forming which is bigger than any of the others. Had a scan and indeed the hernia has broken loose again. I feel like I should be compensated in some way through the company that supplied the patch, or who ever or what??. I have missed a family reunion and medicare, my insurance and myself have paid thousands towards meds and hosp bills.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Health Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Will abortion become illegal in the United States? 8 hr puppy power 1 9
Review of iLoveKickboxing/Orland Park IL. (Sep '17) 8 hr Rloganx3 2
News Pride and awareness: Annual event a chance to s... 14 hr Billyfarty 3
News Has the anti-vaccine movement affected vaccinat... Jun 22 Joey DeDominicis 1
News Harbor-UCLA Medical Center cited for safety vio... (Oct '11) Jun 22 Ismael Gerli 283
News Obama health reform turns spotlight on Canada (Aug '09) Jun 22 Ismael Gerli 448
News "Are you dead, sir?" ER doc caught mocking pati... Jun 22 Ismael Gerli 5