Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns ...

Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns of Death and Serious Healt...

There are 8245 comments on the PRWeb story from Feb 4, 2007, titled Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns of Death and Serious Healt.... In it, PRWeb reports that:

Patients should review the latest recall information to see if they have been implanted with the recalled device and seek medical attention if symptoms such as unexplained or persistent abdominal pain, fever, ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at PRWeb.

colleen

Rockwell City, IA

#6210 Jul 15, 2012
I had ventral hernia surgery 12-08. since then i have had stomach pain, feels like someone ripping my insides out, if i bend, turn,barely lift or active my stomach hurts. I had bard composix ex mesh 6x8 01236800 lot HUSD 2153

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#6211 Jul 15, 2012
All Meshed Up wrote:
Hello Everybody! I recieved a letter from Glenn Pensak of Ethicon(J&J) adviseing me that they could not find "Any evidence" that my Prolene mesh caused me any damage. After reporting to them about my wonderful experience with their product and sending him my Pathology report, my Op report, the Workmens Comp Dr.'s report all of which identify the Prolene mesh as what caused all my damage. The stuff crumpled and twisted up inside me, damn near killed me and I even have pictures of what it looked like when they pulled it out. It did NOT look like what went in. Have any of you folks recieved a similar letter from Glenn Pensak? If so please let me know. Thanks Mucho........
Ill make sure and let you know next month when my husband has his removed, all I know now is that it is coming out and we are having the surgery video taped. Of course ethicon is going to say that, but just wait, if you end up in court a jury wont agree with them. Evidence is evidence.Now, was the letter from Ethicon or their insurance company?
Rejected Researcher

AOL

#6212 Jul 16, 2012
MVM wrote:
<quoted text>
Has anyone been successful with SSI disability?
I was. I did most of the leg work. This back in 2008. Took 2 years to be approved. In which I lost everything,because of; from lieing medical doctors. Bad open stitch surgery that lead to other multi medical problems, then having to hire SS attorney. One has to go outside their home area, to big Attorney firms. Homebody attorneys usually has ties to doctors hospitals. Been their. Go with nationwide attorney.( Like Binder & Binder). I also found out that, their is alot of people that have been through medical rehab, through work services end up working for SSDisability. My case worker told me this, for he is recovering from 3 mesh surgeries. he said their was 2 women in other departments like him. He also said that in small town areas, family doctors, or county hospitals, clinics all have ties to each other and cover for each other. This happens mostly with medically neeeded people that have to have emergency surgery. No insurance. If the county has to pick the tap up they do surgery as cheap as possible. For it now cuts into the county budget.( Mostly the county employee parties). He told me that most surgeries happen around the end of the 1/4 quarter of the years budget.
Rejected Researcher

AOL

#6213 Jul 16, 2012
Quoted By Albert Einstein: " You have to learn the Rules of the Game. And then You have to play better then anyone else." Ok on the Early morning news on CBS 07/16/2012. FDA spying in on Whistleblowers, Here is plenty of stories as to why mesh isn't going any where othere than padding pockets of others! Search term Whistleblowers- mesh medical devices whistleblowers. In one article over a BILLION Dollars paid out on Medicaid/Medicare on deffective hip placement. On a posting above, someone said that they didn't want hold surgeon responsible for the mesh problem that they are having. Why not, they are getting a kickback. along with the thousands they get paid for in the surgery. After reading some the articles, someone sure is paying big bribes. that no ones inside will blow the whistle on. The list goes from surgeons, family physicians, med. device representatives, but then over the years why has Medicare/Medicaid, insurance companies, been so blind and the waste and fraud corrupt at the payouts? Now today Obama government wants cut Medcare medicaid SSDisability to us. Shouldn't it be fix the manufactures that poison us? OMG, any more medicine ads on tv have worst side effects then what they were meant to correct us with.
All Meshed Up

Grand Junction, CO

#6214 Jul 16, 2012
Patty Williams wrote:
<quoted text>Ill make sure and let you know next month when my husband has his removed, all I know now is that it is coming out and we are having the surgery video taped. Of course ethicon is going to say that, but just wait, if you end up in court a jury wont agree with them. Evidence is evidence.Now, was the letter from Ethicon or their insurance company?
Hello Patty, Thanks for the response. The letter/E-Mail I recieved was from Glenn Pensak who is the "Worldwide Customer Quality" representative for Ethicon. In his mail he states that "The current available information does not indicate any observation of Prolene Mesh deficiency". That was a direct quote from my mail. It has taken them a year to get back to me after I contacted Ethicon via the internet to tell them about my experience with their product. That is why I need to know from ANYONE who has been contacted by Ethicon with a similar response. This e-mail, along with my Pathology report, Op report etc. is headed for my Congressman in hopes to get his attention to this B.S. that Ethicon is purporting as an "investigation".
All Meshed Up

Grand Junction, CO

#6215 Jul 16, 2012
Rejected Researcher wrote:
Quoted By Albert Einstein: " You have to learn the Rules of the Game. And then You have to play better then anyone else." Ok on the Early morning news on CBS 07/16/2012. FDA spying in on Whistleblowers, Here is plenty of stories as to why mesh isn't going any where othere than padding pockets of others! Search term Whistleblowers- mesh medical devices whistleblowers. In one article over a BILLION Dollars paid out on Medicaid/Medicare on deffective hip placement. On a posting above, someone said that they didn't want hold surgeon responsible for the mesh problem that they are having. Why not, they are getting a kickback. along with the thousands they get paid for in the surgery. After reading some the articles, someone sure is paying big bribes. that no ones inside will blow the whistle on. The list goes from surgeons, family physicians, med. device representatives, but then over the years why has Medicare/Medicaid, insurance companies, been so blind and the waste and fraud corrupt at the payouts? Now today Obama government wants cut Medcare medicaid SSDisability to us. Shouldn't it be fix the manufactures that poison us? OMG, any more medicine ads on tv have worst side effects then what they were meant to correct us with.
You are correct about the way the FDA is "handleing" mesh complaints and info. What is very apparent to me is that NO ONE in the government, insurance companies or the manufacturers wants any of this to come to light. Hernia Mesh, which was widely distributed and implanted is being swept under the carpet and the focus is now on the Gynocological mesh. The reason for this is because there are too many victims to the damage done by the Hernia mesh. If ( I would like to say when) all the complaints,victims and corruption/cover up comes to light it could quite possibly....1.Wipe out insurance companies. 2.The FDA would be found complicate in the cover up. 3.The manufacturers would have to declare bankruptcy after all the lawsuits started popping up. I trully believe that the Government will not allow this to happen. The NeW York Times article about the Spying on Scientists is just the tip of the iceberg.
Blair

Montague, Canada

#6216 Jul 16, 2012
Why are lawyers buried twelve feet down, because deep down they are not so bad. Motley Rice told me the defendats asked for the non settled cases to be divided into six categorys. They will not take category six cases and asked why, she said it is just a document with the cases divided up, it really does not mean much. I asked if any of these cases were settled in the first settlement and she said yes. I asked why i was not settled in the first settlement, when i was in contact with them in 2011, she said i was not in the time frame. Finally the truth. All meshed up and river rat if your ring breaks your case will be looked at by Motley Rice. LOL, I told her i would like to see that in writing.
Rejected Researcher

AOL

#6217 Jul 16, 2012
All Meshed Up wrote:
<quoted text> You are correct about the way the FDA is "handleing" mesh complaints and info. What is very apparent to me is that NO ONE in the government, insurance companies or the manufacturers wants any of this to come to light. Hernia Mesh, which was widely distributed and implanted is being swept under the carpet and the focus is now on the Gynocological mesh. The reason for this is because there are too many victims to the damage done by the Hernia mesh. If ( I would like to say when) all the complaints,victims and corruption/cover up comes to light it could quite possibly....1.Wipe out insurance companies. 2.The FDA would be found complicate in the cover up. 3.The manufacturers would have to declare bankruptcy after all the lawsuits started popping up. I trully believe that the Government will not allow this to happen. The NeW York Times article about the Spying on Scientists is just the tip of the iceberg.
I"m glad someone else saw or heard of the FDA and spying! I would think that someone would be watching FDA, for they are the ones allowing all the defective meds,medical devices etc... on the market with all the bad side effects.. Which never should be happening to begin with!With some meds with bad side effects, why would anyone want take the chance of taking them then say three months later have something medically go wrong,
Rejected Researcher

AOL

#6218 Jul 16, 2012
All Meshed Up wrote:
<quoted text> You are correct about the way the FDA is "handleing" mesh complaints and info. What is very apparent to me is that NO ONE in the government, insurance companies or the manufacturers wants any of this to come to light. Hernia Mesh, which was widely distributed and implanted is being swept under the carpet and the focus is now on the Gynocological mesh. The reason for this is because there are too many victims to the damage done by the Hernia mesh. If ( I would like to say when) all the complaints,victims and corruption/cover up comes to light it could quite possibly....1.Wipe out insurance companies. 2.The FDA would be found complicate in the cover up. 3.The manufacturers would have to declare bankruptcy after all the lawsuits started popping up. I trully believe that the Government will not allow this to happen. The NeW York Times article about the Spying on Scientists is just the tip of the iceberg.
I got to ask, Why cann't the male Inguinal hernia be also classified along with the female gynocological mesh surgery? While both female and male both suffer from the surgery after math.

Location hidden

#6219 Jul 16, 2012
<quoted text>I"m glad someone else saw or heard of the FDA and spying! I would think that someone would be watching FDA, for they are the ones allowing all the defective meds,medical devices etc... on the market with all the bad side effects.. Which never should be happening to begin with!With some meds with bad side effects, why would anyone want take the chance of taking them then say three months later have something medically go wrong,
have you seen the new bill going through the senate that will allow the fda to make certain information non searchable? I read the report a few days ago, I can get you the link if you want. I know there is a freedom of information act, and we can get most information, but how will that help consumers who have the right to make a decision about the medical devices they may need? It takes months to get the information. If we had known a year ago that meshes have failed and there was a website like FDAZILLA where the adverse event reports are we could have researched and known that there are no good meshes. We had no idea the mesh would fail and 1000's of meshes fail. We just went by what the surgeon told us " You will be fine and back to work in 8 to 10 weeks". Bullshit! Its been 10 months! And another surgery next month. Let the FDA spy all they want!

Location hidden

#6220 Jul 16, 2012
All Meshed Up wrote:
<quoted text> Hello Patty, Thanks for the response. The letter/E-Mail I recieved was from Glenn Pensak who is the "Worldwide Customer Quality" representative for Ethicon. In his mail he states that "The current available information does not indicate any observation of Prolene Mesh deficiency". That was a direct quote from my mail. It has taken them a year to get back to me after I contacted Ethicon via the internet to tell them about my experience with their product. That is why I need to know from ANYONE who has been contacted by Ethicon with a similar response. This e-mail, along with my Pathology report, Op report etc. is headed for my Congressman in hopes to get his attention to this B.S. that Ethicon is purporting as an "investigation".
By what you have said, you have proof! Can you tell me what size yours was? you can email me, [email protected]
Also, you may want to start your own thread specifically for the Ethicon Prolene., I did for the Atrium CQUR, and Ive had a few replies specific to that mesh. Ive acutally gotten at least a dozen private emails from people who have had the same mesh and same issues withit.My thread actually came up in a google search, people found my thread through Google.so it may help to do one and you can still post on this thread as well.

Location hidden

#6221 Jul 16, 2012
<quoted text> I got to ask, Why cann't the male Inguinal hernia be also classified along with the female gynocological mesh surgery? While both female and male both suffer from the surgery after math.
I think because they are for two different medical issues.
Rejected Researcher

AOL

#6222 Jul 16, 2012
All Meshed Up wrote:
Hello Everybody! I recieved a letter from Glenn Pensak of Ethicon(J&J) adviseing me that they could not find "Any evidence" that my Prolene mesh caused me any damage. After reporting to them about my wonderful experience with their product and sending him my Pathology report, my Op report, the Workmens Comp Dr.'s report all of which identify the Prolene mesh as what caused all my damage. The stuff crumpled and twisted up inside me, damn near killed me and I even have pictures of what it looked like when they pulled it out. It did NOT look like what went in. Have any of you folks recieved a similar letter from Glenn Pensak? If so please let me know. Thanks Mucho........
Oh wow Mr. Glen Pensak must be just now playing catch up. For going on two weeks ago he called left a message for me to return my call to him. In which I placed a call almost 2 months ago asking about the Ethicon Sutures, and the recall of Vicryl suture. He got asking me questions as to why I wanted to dig up the past history on sutures. Then he asked me to e-mail him all pass medical records, and the hospital and surgeons family doctor records and he would research the information I was requesting. I said no you don't need my op report or any of my personal med records. No I don't trust him or his company he works for. But yes they did call back. No I don't trust them for they are under big brothers eyes. For lies and for the damage to 1000's of men and women.

Location hidden

#6223 Jul 16, 2012
<quoted text> Oh wow Mr. Glen Pensak must be just now playing catch up. For going on two weeks ago he called left a message for me to return my call to him. In which I placed a call almost 2 months ago asking about the Ethicon Sutures, and the recall of Vicryl suture. He got asking me questions as to why I wanted to dig up the past history on sutures. Then he asked me to e-mail him all pass medical records, and the hospital and surgeons family doctor records and he would research the information I was requesting. I said no you don't need my op report or any of my personal med records. No I don't trust him or his company he works for. But yes they did call back. No I don't trust them for they are under big brothers eyes. For lies and for the damage to 1000's of men and women.
I would be looking at the FDA recalls on those. Do you have a lawyer?
Rejected Researcher

AOL

#6224 Jul 16, 2012
Patty Williams wrote:
<quoted text> I think because they are for two different medical issues.
I know their two different type of surgeries etc... but the mesh does the same damage to both.. That is the reason why I thought they could be classed together.
All Meshed Up

Grand Junction, CO

#6225 Jul 16, 2012
<quoted text> Oh wow Mr. Glen Pensak must be just now playing catch up. For going on two weeks ago he called left a message for me to return my call to him. In which I placed a call almost 2 months ago asking about the Ethicon Sutures, and the recall of Vicryl suture. He got asking me questions as to why I wanted to dig up the past history on sutures. Then he asked me to e-mail him all pass medical records, and the hospital and surgeons family doctor records and he would research the information I was requesting. I said no you don't need my op report or any of my personal med records. No I don't trust him or his company he works for. But yes they did call back. No I don't trust them for they are under big brothers eyes. For lies and for the damage to 1000's of men and women.
I never talked to Mr. Pensak. I DID give him permission to have access to my records about my mesh surgeries so as to provide him with the data so as to make the determination about the mesh. I HOPED the info would show him that the Prolene really messed me up. But instead he ignored all of that, probably did not contact my Dr.'s and has now "closed" my case because "there was no evidence" that the mesh caused the damage. NO Mr. Pensak it was the Hernia Troll that came and visited his rath on me. You know, that mythical beast that visits in the middle of the night, enters your body, finds the mesh, twists it up and then leaves you in terrible pain for the rest of your life. I can only hope that the same little booger visits him some stormy night. Sorry, got off track....Anyway, I have no problem with somebody LEGITIMATELY looking thru my records if they are GENUINELY looking for said evidence. What is apparent to me is that is NOT what Mr. Pensak is after.He not only wants to pull the wool over my eyes...he wants to cover me with the whole damn sheep!
All Meshed Up

Grand Junction, CO

#6226 Jul 16, 2012
<quoted text> I know their two different type of surgeries etc... but the mesh does the same damage to both.. That is the reason why I thought they could be classed together.
As I stated in a previous post, Gynocological mesh in its MANY forms is an easier target and has less victims. PLEASE DEAR LADIES don't get me wrong here! What I am saying is that what is happening is the slight of hand and ignore the 300 pound gorilla. The courts can go after these cases and not the Hernia mesh because the government/manufacturers do not want the Hernia victims and there are probably 10's of thousands of us, many times more than the Gynocological mesh to be brought out. BUT! What I think may happen(don't quote me on this) is that the cases against the Gynocological mesh will then highlight ALL of the other meshes, their uses AND the victims that have been damaged by it. So just maybe, maybe with these women FINALLY getting their day in court...the rest of us may also. Now wouldn't that be a kick in the ass?
sharon

Reno, NV

#6227 Jul 16, 2012
Is anyone else having problems with the parietex composite mesh? I was just on the fda website and there are alot of reports of adverse reactions. If you go to fda.gov , click on medical devices, then in the search box, type in "paritex mesh recall", then you'll see what I'm talking about. I encourage anyone who has that type of mesh, start calling your surgeon's office and get it out as soon as possible! I see my surgeon on friday, and I told her nurse today who made my surgeon aware of the recall, so hopefully I'll get the mesh out soon.
Rejected Researcher

AOL

#6228 Jul 17, 2012
Patty Williams wrote:
<quoted text> have you seen the new bill going through the senate that will allow the fda to make certain information non searchable? I read the report a few days ago, I can get you the link if you want. I know there is a freedom of information act, and we can get most information, but how will that help consumers who have the right to make a decision about the medical devices they may need? It takes months to get the information. If we had known a year ago that meshes have failed and there was a website like FDAZILLA where the adverse event reports are we could have researched and known that there are no good meshes. We had no idea the mesh would fail and 1000's of meshes fail. We just went by what the surgeon told us " You will be fine and back to work in 8 to 10 weeks". Bullshit! Its been 10 months! And another surgery next month. Let the FDA spy all they want!
Good Morning Patty Williams, Yes Please if you could refind that article or web site address I would like to have it posted if possible. Yea I kind of heard something like that, it was on the nightly news, didn't pay much attention to it. Just walking through the room when it was on. Yet the more information we have the better. Got to ask what does the FDA got to hide? That they got to go to Senate in order to have a bill of certain information to become non searchable!Is FDA taking Bribes themselves? Now is their wrong doings catching up with them? Must be getting hot under the collars. Ok question,IfI was to come up with a miracle drug, for my own use it worked for me. Then I passed the find onto a friend they found it to work, they passed it on etc.. then somewhere down the pipeline someone changed the ingredient caused injury or deaths.. Ok it was traced back to me, my butt would be in jail for life! Yet why hasn't this happen to FDA Personal, is it cause it's the Fed Government?( I have another meaning for FDA= Freakin Dumb Asses). American Population/ Job Control!
All Meshed Up

Grand Junction, CO

#6229 Jul 17, 2012
One way the FDA is controlling the info, via the freedom of information act is by way of slow response and subterfuge. Ok, so you want to know about, lets say Marlex mesh. You write to the FDA and ask for All info on Marlex. 3 months later you will get a letter from the FDA saying which kind of Marlex? You write back and tell them ALL of the Marlex. The FDA writes back and asks, OK for which state? You write back and say ALL the states. 3 months later the FDA writes back and says OK for what kind of application? You write back for womens Bladder problems(which is the main use of Marlex). 3 months later the FDA writes back and asks you, OK for what age group? You write back and say for ALL age groups. 3 months later the FDA writes back and says no problem but for what demographic, black, white, asian, hispanic? You write back and say ALL demographics. 3 months later the FDA writes back and says great, no problem we will get back to you on that and you wait. Then you write to the FDA and say where is my info? The FDA writes back(3 months later) and says what info were you talking about? We would be more than happy to help you but the person you were corresponding with is no longer here so please tell us what it is that you want. This is the way they can show that they are cooperateing with the public which is their duty and covering their asses at the same time. They hope we will give up, go away and hopefully die sometime soon so they don't have to deal with us little people. I am not making this up. This is what they are doing now and have operated thusly for a long time. We are up against a governmental agency whose sole concern at this point is keeping the status quo and not to help the people that they are supposed to represent.There will come a time, hopefully soon, when all the doors will be forced open and all the dirty little secrets about the FDA's complicity will come to be public knowledge but the people that managed, directed, implemented and profitted will be long gone. There will be a dog and pony show and some poor shlub will be prosecuted, escorriated and imprisoned for something he/she had no control over. And the real criminals will go into retirement with a butt load of money and the real victims will again be left holding the bag and hopeing for help. This is the way the FDA works today. Somebody PLEASE show me evidense that indicates differently!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Health Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Study finds 20M would lose health coverage unde... 18 min davy 58
Hospice Care or Murder? (Jan '13) 1 hr FreeChic 16
News Smoking rates in England are the lowest on record 3 hr Christsharian Col... 88
News The Circadian Rhythm Gene Arntl2 Is a Metastasi... 8 hr Stephany McDowell 2
NEW Dirty Ki...K 10 hr Joeygothorny 7
News Pregnancy Symptoms - 12 Very Early Symptoms of ... (Jun '07) 11 hr Unsure 6,952
abu dhabi romantic massage service 18 hr linlinabudhabi 13
Nudity at doctor's office (Mar '07) Sep 21 Goldwing 104
More from around the web