Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns ...

Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns of Death and Serious Healt...

There are 8252 comments on the PRWeb story from Feb 4, 2007, titled Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns of Death and Serious Healt.... In it, PRWeb reports that:

Patients should review the latest recall information to see if they have been implanted with the recalled device and seek medical attention if symptoms such as unexplained or persistent abdominal pain, fever, ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at PRWeb.

Blair

Montague, Canada

#5518 Feb 28, 2012
mbushey wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm going to have a Component Seperation at the end of March. Are the results really as Justme posted yesterday?
I am glad to see you done your home work and yes the results are great. In my case they could not repair the damage the mesh did to my bowels. Because the mesh was stuck to them and when they went to remove the mesh it had torn,causing a resection. My abdominal wall is firm and it has been three years. I can no longer do heavy lifting and still deal with a bowel issue and adhesive disease. Medicare would not pay to have my belly button replaced and if i did it over i would have payed for it but i was to sick at that time to even think of it. The plastic surgeon that did mine was young and knowledgeable and he did burn victims in a sick kid's hospital. He moved to the USA for more money and only does breasts. Good luck!
emgee

Chico, CA

#5519 Feb 28, 2012
Patty wrote:
Medical Device summit 2012- March 6-7, Boston MA. Id love to be a fly on that wall!
They have a Summit every year but nothing ever happens to change things. They have seminars to discuss training and products but it's not designed to help people like us. Probably just an excuse for a bunch of people to get together and socialize. Last year's was in Vegas.
All Meshed Up

Boulder, CO

#5520 Feb 29, 2012
mom54 wrote:
<quoted text> Thank you,I'll look him up..theres another Dr Richard Miller at Vanderbilt Med Ctr. in Nashville that I'm calling to inquire about...My son has very good insurance, it's just finding a good Doctor to do this surgery.
I hope you can find a Dr. that will do this for your son. Dr. Petersen has been an opponent of mesh for a long time. Good Luck and let us know how it goes.
All Meshed Up

Boulder, CO

#5521 Feb 29, 2012
emgee wrote:
<quoted text> They have a Summit every year but nothing ever happens to change things. They have seminars to discuss training and products but it's not designed to help people like us. Probably just an excuse for a bunch of people to get together and socialize. Last year's was in Vegas.
Just to let you know...the seminars ARE about mesh but most of these are about how the PATIENTS are the problem. Over weight, hooked on pain killers, pain is in their minds and such. This conference has NOTHING to do about making things right with us. Its about how to divert the subject away from the mesh problem and blame any thing else other than.Check out the lists of seminars and how they are labeled. Pretty sick stuff. So it continues my friends. The majority of these Dr.'s are NOT there to help us. Covering their own asses is what this is all about. And by the by....During the Congressional testimony a couple of weeks ago the gentleman that was testifing about his mesh problems was then asked about his law suit against his Dr. and most of the Congressmen/women walked out to go to another "Important" meeting. So their interests in us is NIL!
Patty

Eugene, OR

#5522 Feb 29, 2012
All Meshed Up wrote:
<quoted text> Just to let you know...the seminars ARE about mesh but most of these are about how the PATIENTS are the problem. Over weight, hooked on pain killers, pain is in their minds and such. This conference has NOTHING to do about making things right with us. Its about how to divert the subject away from the mesh problem and blame any thing else other than.Check out the lists of seminars and how they are labeled. Pretty sick stuff. So it continues my friends. The majority of these Dr.'s are NOT there to help us. Covering their own asses is what this is all about. And by the by....During the Congressional testimony a couple of weeks ago the gentleman that was testifing about his mesh problems was then asked about his law suit against his Dr. and most of the Congressmen/women walked out to go to another "Important" meeting. So their interests in us is NIL!
where can I find a list of seminars, I would like to know of one that was held in January.
Your just nutts

Los Angeles, CA

#5523 Feb 29, 2012
I find comfort in your miseries...sorry, but thought I was alone. For almost 2 years the doctors told me there was nothing wrong with me. At the end I had 2 drs tell me that "it is your brain wanting more Vicodin and it has created the knot on my abdomen to get more." W.T.H. They had me labled as an addict. I cant get a decent pain reliever to save my life. Lucky for me I had a wonderful surgen that knew I needed exploritory surgery to find out why I am in pain. He discovered the meshing, tried to fix it and sewed me up. He was not prepared for what he found. 7 months later he extracted the meshing. Apparently I had a reaction to the meshing and I am wondering if anyone else had the same reaction...I almost died after the original surgery and the exploritory. It seems something destroyed my blood cells. I did not loose blood anywhere, but it disappeared. This has baffled all of my drs. I had to undergo transfussions and Iron treatments.
Me and my body will NEVER be the same again. Mentally I am a different person. I lost myself. I know the settlement is coming...paperwork arrives tomorrow. I am really upset because it will not compensate me enough to get even a portion of normalcy back in my life.
Thank you for letting me vent. If you had a simular issue with the blood, please let me know.
Thanks!
patricia

Muscle Shoals, AL

#5524 Feb 29, 2012
twins2raise wrote:
<quoted text>
wow, Patty, so sry to hear your story. It doesnt give me much hope as I also was told I'd be on my feet and back to the job in 2 weeks.
Listen, I have question that you may have experiance in: what are better pain meds than Tamerol? Tamerol leaves me very itcy all over my body and keeps me from sleeping.
I tried the tramadol but it made me so sick on my stomach so I acturally do not take anything I know lorata helps but no body wants to give them to you because of addiction so I suffer I am to the point of just not carring if I live or die if I ask my dr for them it is like a crime and i HAVE NO INSURANCE SO i HAVE TO GO TO A CLINIC THAT GOES BY YOU INCOME AND HE IS ONLY A NURSE PRACTIONER BUT HE HAS BEEN WONDERFUL TO ME HE HAS ME ON BENTYL 10 MG 3 TIMES A DAY BUT i REALLY DO NOT THINK THAT IS HELPING MUCH
patricia

Muscle Shoals, AL

#5526 Mar 1, 2012
Your just nutts wrote:
I find comfort in your miseries...sorry, but thought I was alone. For almost 2 years the doctors told me there was nothing wrong with me. At the end I had 2 drs tell me that "it is your brain wanting more Vicodin and it has created the knot on my abdomen to get more." W.T.H. They had me labled as an addict. I cant get a decent pain reliever to save my life. Lucky for me I had a wonderful surgen that knew I needed exploritory surgery to find out why I am in pain. He discovered the meshing, tried to fix it and sewed me up. He was not prepared for what he found. 7 months later he extracted the meshing. Apparently I had a reaction to the meshing and I am wondering if anyone else had the same reaction...I almost died after the original surgery and the exploritory. It seems something destroyed my blood cells. I did not loose blood anywhere, but it disappeared. This has baffled all of my drs. I had to undergo transfussions and Iron treatments.
Me and my body will NEVER be the same again. Mentally I am a different person. I lost myself. I know the settlement is coming...paperwork arrives tomorrow. I am really upset because it will not compensate me enough to get even a portion of normalcy back in my life.
Thank you for letting me vent. If you had a simular issue with the blood, please let me know.
Thanks!
I am also having blood problems they tell me I am losing blood and have done a test to see if it is thru my bowles but it was not I also have had a nasty looking rash on my belly three diffrfet areas but they were the size of a baseball and while I had the rash for about 6 months everyday I felt like I was getting a bad case of the flu he put me on amoxcillan for 4 months and it did not help when the rash went away I stoped feeling like that everyday it is weird and also having some issues with my lymp system . I pray we all get better but I am affraid they have just abondon us all and you know they know what is truly wrong with us they just are money hungry SOB
ceecee

United States

#5527 Mar 1, 2012
Can anyone tell me how to contact Brian Ross in reference to the Kugel Mesh.
steven435

Osceola, MO

#5528 Mar 1, 2012
ceecee wrote:
Can anyone tell me how to contact Brian Ross in reference to the Kugel Mesh.
all you have to do is google abc news brian ross . i try two three times a week.if enough of us contact him just maybe we will get help.

Since: Dec 11

Staten Island, NY

#5529 Mar 1, 2012
I had a mesh surgery across my entire abdomen over 10 years ago. I have come so close to death so many times, I lost count. My mesh has now ripped across the top and is not holding and I was spitting up blood for 2 years before a doctor finally tested my sputum and blood and found I have a non TB mycobacterium infection.(It's like tuberculosis and can be from surgical implants) I have cysts all over my back and my abdomen hurts all the time. I also have had hundreds of blood clots. I was desperate for an answer and searching for help like so many of you on this board. I have posted before and now am updating. One thing I have found is that much of the pain comes from inflammation, so anything that brings down that inflammation helps. I use burdock that is a blood cleanser and I've found that heavy metal detoxing helps tremendously. I started learning about natural remedies to try and give myself some relief. Also flax seed oil is anti-inflammatory. Ice packs help me also and I wear binders across my abdomen for support cause the netting isn't doing what it should. I suspect a full body infection and am taking many herbal remedies for that as well. It's no cure all, but I do get some relief. If any of you would like to speak with my further, here is my email:
dmaria1mp@yahoo.com. I'd be very happy to tell you more things that have worked for me and none of them have come from the medical industry. I sincerely wish I never went for this last surgery. I cannot have it removed, cause my heart will not take it. We are all in this nightmare and something has to be done.
My email: dmaria1mp@yahoo.com.

Since: Jan 12

Tampa, FL

#5530 Mar 1, 2012
patricia wrote:
<quoted text>
I am also having blood problems they tell me I am losing blood and have done a test to see if it is thru my bowles but it was not I also have had a nasty looking rash on my belly three diffrfet areas but they were the size of a baseball and while I had the rash for about 6 months everyday I felt like I was getting a bad case of the flu he put me on amoxcillan for 4 months and it did not help when the rash went away I stoped feeling like that everyday it is weird and also having some issues with my lymp system . I pray we all get better but I am affraid they have just abondon us all and you know they know what is truly wrong with us they just are money hungry SOB
Hey Patricia I have had the rash (it comes and goes) and the flu and allergic type reactions plus other things and now my blood work is showing problems with my lymphs (the are too low) also globulan and alb/glob, creatinine and BUN creatinine and some others are all abnormal. I wonder if I am being poisoned by the mesh!!! But it does not look like any of my doctors are going to come to my rescue. I try to fight against the inflammation with probiotics, omega 3 and drink boost, also carrot juice, vitamin C, sometimes calcium and vitamin D. Also meditate....you have any suggestions??? What do you mean by weird...are you feeling better???

“United States”

Since: Feb 12

Llano

#5531 Mar 2, 2012
I just get tired of the pain from this, "hernia/mesh",condit ion. It is exhausting hauling around a large swollen abdomin.
patricia

Muscle Shoals, AL

#5532 Mar 2, 2012
bebe10 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Patricia I have had the rash (it comes and goes) and the flu and allergic type reactions plus other things and now my blood work is showing problems with my lymphs (the are too low) also globulan and alb/glob, creatinine and BUN creatinine and some others are all abnormal. I wonder if I am being poisoned by the mesh!!! But it does not look like any of my doctors are going to come to my rescue. I try to fight against the inflammation with probiotics, omega 3 and drink boost, also carrot juice, vitamin C, sometimes calcium and vitamin D. Also meditate....you have any suggestions??? What do you mean by weird...are you feeling better???
weird is how i feel most of the time i have sever cold flashes like I have a fever but i do not I get this really weird feelin like when you cut yourself and do not realize it until you feel the warm sensation of it running down your leg it feels like something is maybe bleeding inside my stomach and it will get really warm and it scares the heck out of me My blood work is all messed up I have had tgo have my thyroid removed in 2006 I hurt 24/7 at times feel like my stomach is gona exploded because it is so swollen like I am in the middle of a contraction but it does not ease up I have to walk bent over so as not to stretch what ever it is making me feel like this and for days after one of them episode I am down for days ,,I take several vitamins just want all this over with I am excusted from hurting . so I guess to answser your question no I am not better seems like it gets worst as time goes by I wish I could give you a diffrent answer but it is nearly 17 years since I had it put in and it has always hurt burning feeling cough or sneeze or bend over just to pick something up and I go in to spasams and this is really embarssing but at times I lose control of my bowls it just like something esplodes and it comes and I can not control it so I been wearing depends for a couple of years now and I am 51 what a life did I mention I have ten grandchildren that I love with all my heart but can not hold them very much because if they even lean back on my stomach it is very painful the older ones are always saying I know nana you don;t feel good and don't feel like playing with us it breaks my heart I am just so discusted with my body
patricia

Muscle Shoals, AL

#5533 Mar 2, 2012
mbushey wrote:
I just get tired of the pain from this, "hernia/mesh",condit ion. It is exhausting hauling around a large swollen abdomin.

I understand completly I do not know how many times I have been ask when I was due and I do have the feelin of a baby moving inside me guess it is big spasams but you can acturally feel my stomach and it feels just like a baby moving I move wrong which is basicly everything but sitting and it happens some times I can just sneeze and I am down for several days from one sneeze this is not a life this is just excisting as far as I am concern...May God help us all
emgee

Chico, CA

#5534 Mar 2, 2012
All Meshed Up wrote:
<quoted text> Just to let you know...the seminars ARE about mesh but most of these are about how the PATIENTS are the problem. Over weight, hooked on pain killers, pain is in their minds and such. This conference has NOTHING to do about making things right with us. Its about how to divert the subject away from the mesh problem and blame any thing else other than.Check out the lists of seminars and how they are labeled. Pretty sick stuff. So it continues my friends. The majority of these Dr.'s are NOT there to help us. Covering their own asses is what this is all about. And by the by....During the Congressional testimony a couple of weeks ago the gentleman that was testifing about his mesh problems was then asked about his law suit against his Dr. and most of the Congressmen/women walked out to go to another "Important" meeting. So their interests in us is NIL!
Interesting because reviewing the agenda for the Summit in Boston next week on www.opalevents.org I couldn't find anything regarding mesh. How do I see your list of seminars?
emgee

Chico, CA

#5535 Mar 2, 2012
Well now that February and December has came and gone, has anyone heard from their law firms regarding what month they picked this time for the distribution of funds?
Carlos Romano

New York, NY

#5536 Mar 2, 2012
FDA should i think recall all surgical mesh products to lessen the number of surgical mesh lawsuit. http://www.rotlaw.com/transvaginal-placement-...
patricia

Muscle Shoals, AL

#5537 Mar 2, 2012
dmaria wrote:
I had a mesh surgery across my entire abdomen over 10 years ago. I have come so close to death so many times, I lost count. My mesh has now ripped across the top and is not holding and I was spitting up blood for 2 years before a doctor finally tested my sputum and blood and found I have a non TB mycobacterium infection.(It's like tuberculosis and can be from surgical implants) I have cysts all over my back and my abdomen hurts all the time. I also have had hundreds of blood clots. I was desperate for an answer and searching for help like so many of you on this board. I have posted before and now am updating. One thing I have found is that much of the pain comes from inflammation, so anything that brings down that inflammation helps. I use burdock that is a blood cleanser and I've found that heavy metal detoxing helps tremendously. I started learning about natural remedies to try and give myself some relief. Also flax seed oil is anti-inflammatory. Ice packs help me also and I wear binders across my abdomen for support cause the netting isn't doing what it should. I suspect a full body infection and am taking many herbal remedies for that as well. It's no cure all, but I do get some relief. If any of you would like to speak with my further, here is my email:
dmaria1mp@yahoo.com. I'd be very happy to tell you more things that have worked for me and none of them have come from the medical industry. I sincerely wish I never went for this last surgery. I cannot have it removed, cause my heart will not take it. We are all in this nightmare and something has to be done.
My email: dmaria1mp@yahoo.com.
I tried to send you an email ut it said not a valid email mine is patgunnsmith@yahoo.com would love to talk to you about others things that may help me
Blair

Montague, Canada

#5538 Mar 2, 2012
Telephone Conference
NOTE: Participating counsel will be provided with call-in instructions. Tiburzi v Davol, et al - CA 12-3679ML 3/15/2012 @ 3:00pm Room 307

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Health Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Has the anti-vaccine movement affected vaccinat... 12 hr Joey DeDominicis 1
News Harbor-UCLA Medical Center cited for safety vio... (Oct '11) 16 hr Ismael Gerli 283
News Obama health reform turns spotlight on Canada (Aug '09) 16 hr Ismael Gerli 448
News "Are you dead, sir?" ER doc caught mocking pati... 16 hr Ismael Gerli 5
News Big Pharma vaccine billionaire just bought the ... 16 hr Ismael Gerli 2
News Smoking hits new low; about 14 percent of US ad... 16 hr Ismael Gerli 2
News Obamacare used to be political poison for Democ... 18 hr darroll 118