Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns ...

Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns of Death and Serious Healt...

There are 8234 comments on the PRWeb story from Feb 4, 2007, titled Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns of Death and Serious Healt.... In it, PRWeb reports that:

Patients should review the latest recall information to see if they have been implanted with the recalled device and seek medical attention if symptoms such as unexplained or persistent abdominal pain, fever, ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at PRWeb.

Since: Jul 11

Chesapeake, VA

#4324 Jul 30, 2011
Anyone have any news on what happened at the meeting yesterday in R.I.?
Blair

Montague, Canada

#4325 Jul 30, 2011
Romanoowski V Davol not on Judge Lisi's list for Aug.2/2011.

http://www.rid.uscourts.gov/menu/caseinformat...
steven435

Weaubleau, MO

#4326 Jul 30, 2011
Blair wrote:
Romanoowski V Davol not on Judge Lisi's list for Aug.2/2011.
http://www.rid.uscourts.gov/menu/caseinformat...
Blair do you have any info on romanouski,s medical problems.is it a ring brake,infection,or what?
Blair

Montague, Canada

#4328 Jul 31, 2011
This is a great article that explains all the meshes that are going to be dropped by all law firms. I was sent a letter that explains that they are not taking these cases for know but if more evidence comes to light i will be getting a call and added to the list.They cut us out of the deal and are only settling cases with broken rings.I have watching this for years and not to my knowledge have they ever tried a case on the non recalled list.

http://www.beasleyallen.com/news/federal-cour...
steven435

Weaubleau, MO

#4329 Jul 31, 2011
Blair wrote:
This is a great article that explains all the meshes that are going to be dropped by all law firms. I was sent a letter that explains that they are not taking these cases for know but if more evidence comes to light i will be getting a call and added to the list.They cut us out of the deal and are only settling cases with broken rings.I have watching this for years and not to my knowledge have they ever tried a case on the non recalled list.
http://www.beasleyallen.com/news/federal-cour...
Blair how many sergeries have you had and what products were they?
Blair

Montague, Canada

#4330 Jul 31, 2011
steven435 wrote:
<quoted text>Blair how many sergeries have you had and what products were they?
Brad composix mesh which is the Canadian Davol company.Look up Brad Canada. This dual mesh was developed in 1997 was to prevent adhesions from forming. The design is similar to scotch tape smooth on one side and sticky on the other. It was implanted after my first surgery because i developed inscissonal hernia's in 2002 and the rest of the story which we are all familar with the detials and the mesh had to be removed after emmergency surgery and went on to have two more surgery's to repair the damage caused by the mesh. My surgeon dismissed me after the mesh removal and that's how i got digging for answers because he told my wife when he opened me up the abdominal wall looked like swiss cheese but for got to mention the mesh sticky side was all wrapped up in the bowels and the bowels just fell apart. Four surgery's because of the mesh. I feel lucky compared to some of the nightmare story's on here. But you got to keep fighting so other people do not fall into this mesh mess. Most doctors are hidening the truth about this company.
steven435

Weaubleau, MO

#4331 Jul 31, 2011
Blair wrote:
<quoted text>
Brad composix mesh which is the Canadian Davol company.Look up Brad Canada. This dual mesh was developed in 1997 was to prevent adhesions from forming. The design is similar to scotch tape smooth on one side and sticky on the other. It was implanted after my first surgery because i developed inscissonal hernia's in 2002 and the rest of the story which we are all familar with the detials and the mesh had to be removed after emmergency surgery and went on to have two more surgery's to repair the damage caused by the mesh. My surgeon dismissed me after the mesh removal and that's how i got digging for answers because he told my wife when he opened me up the abdominal wall looked like swiss cheese but for got to mention the mesh sticky side was all wrapped up in the bowels and the bowels just fell apart. Four surgery's because of the mesh. I feel lucky compared to some of the nightmare story's on here. But you got to keep fighting so other people do not fall into this mesh mess. Most doctors are hidening the truth about this company.
it sounds like im talking to myself.the same probems swiss cheese and all .i go in tomarow for [mri and ct scan]for next sergery.if they cant offer anything better than mesh i have desided to live with the hernea,after five sergeries i dont trust any thing they say.
Blair

Montague, Canada

#4332 Jul 31, 2011
steven435 wrote:
<quoted text>it sounds like im talking to myself.the same probems swiss cheese and all .i go in tomarow for [mri and ct scan]for next sergery.if they cant offer anything better than mesh i have desided to live with the hernea,after five sergeries i dont trust any thing they say.
Sorry Steven to hear you are still having problems. They tried to put mesh in me again but i refused and asked for a second opinion. To make a long story short i got a second opinion from a doctor in USA who looked over my records and told me to look for a doctor in Canada who could preform component seperation. I was sent to see a surgeon in Nova Scotia who used my own facia to repair my abdominal wall. He was sure i was the first in Canada to have this done and with a lot of surgeons watching the procedure. One surgeon asked why this method was not used for all hernia repairs with out having to use mesh and the answer is cost and training. With all the money wasted on me over 10 years this method would have solved the problem and the goverment would not be paying my bills for life. Check your options but refuse mesh. Good luck.
Allen

Mcpherson, KS

#4333 Jul 31, 2011
Law360, New York (July 1, 2011)-- C.R. Bard Inc. said Thursday it had tentatively agreed to pay $184 million to settle the majority of claims in a Rhode Island multidistrict litigation over allegedly defective hernia patches.

In a U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission filing, the medical equipment manufacturer said it had reached agreements in principle with scores of plaintiffs who claim they suffered significant injuries because of faulty Composix Kugel surgical mesh patches manufactured by Bard subsidiary Davol Inc.
Kim

United States

#4334 Jul 31, 2011
My daughter had a hernia repaired in the summer of 2007 at Doctors Hospital in Columbus GA. She has been in pain (off & on) for the past year, but the primary care physician has done multiple test & comes up with nothing. Her boyfriend started researching this online & found all the recall websites & I found this page tonight. I have seen her laying down like a baby crying b/c it hurt so bad. Tomorrow, we are having a conversation with the primary care physician & moving forward from there. This is ridiculous. Why didn't the doctors & the hospital contact us to let us know there was a recall?
Blair

Montague, Canada

#4337 Aug 1, 2011
Blair wrote:
http://www.squidoo.com/-what-i s-mesh-used-in-hernia-surgery-
KIM go to try searching for your topic and put in ( what is mesh used in hernia surgery )
From AZ

Gilbert, AZ

#4338 Aug 1, 2011
steven435 wrote:
<quoted text>it sounds like im talking to myself.the same probems swiss cheese and all .i go in tomarow for [mri and ct scan]for next sergery.if they cant offer anything better than mesh i have desided to live with the hernea,after five sergeries i dont trust any thing they say.
There are several doctors who do not trust using the mesh, I had my hernia repaired without the mesh, my was incisional ventral hernia as well, about 10inches long. There are surgeons who are skilled surgeons who can sew you up without the mesh. Mesh are easy way out for lack of experienced surgeons that want to make easy money as well. Google, no mesh surgery, there are few in Cali and one in Las Vegas....don't give up but don't let anyone put the plastic crap in your body
Lin

AOL

#4339 Aug 2, 2011
08/02/11. Just received in e-mail that their is another mesh recall this one is on (Bard Avaulta).
Blair

Montague, Canada

#4340 Aug 3, 2011
Lin wrote:
08/02/11. Just received in e-mail that their is another mesh recall this one is on (Bard Avaulta).
Another Bard Dual mesh that the FDA had lots of adverse event reports, but was way to slow to recall. Euorpe has been fighting this for years. The medical system is not reporting the truth about all dual meshes and the FDA needs someone to step in and take control. The wrong people are getting paid off!!!!

Avaulta™ BioSynthetic Mesh is a monofilament, polypropylene mesh coated in the central section with an absorbable, hydrophilic film of porcine collagen. The lateral segments of the avaulta™ BioSynthetic Mesh are not coated to maximize mesh fixation immediately post-implantation.
George

Flagstaff, AZ

#4341 Aug 3, 2011
I am recovering from my 3rd ventral hernia repair- this time it was not a recurring hernia but the placement ring broke on my Kugel patch from a 2005 insertion, penetrated my mesh ventrally and created a large/painful nerve mass. All removed with associated adhesions and mesh trimmed. Sadly only part of the ring came loose, the rest, well time will tell.

With this information, how do you select a firm to join the class action suit? Thanks George
Ally

United States

#4342 Aug 3, 2011
Wow! IFAD hernia surgery dec. 2007, went to the surgeon until April 2008 with stabbing, pulling and pain that knocks me over. After many many doctor, ER, visits I gave up until today. The mesh used on me was ethicon phs, I have asked if my body could be rejecting the mesh, if scar tissue is grown to it...does the mesh have to be recalled to be an issue? Where do I go? Thank you so much in advance!!!
Ally
[email protected]
Judge Bill

Fort Worth, TX

#4343 Aug 4, 2011
Why are so many people worried about a mesh, holding your intestines, should you be worried about the infection from the mesh causing blood clots and making you dead.\?
From AZ

Gilbert, AZ

#4344 Aug 5, 2011
Ally wrote:
Wow! IFAD hernia surgery dec. 2007, went to the surgeon until April 2008 with stabbing, pulling and pain that knocks me over. After many many doctor, ER, visits I gave up until today. The mesh used on me was ethicon phs, I have asked if my body could be rejecting the mesh, if scar tissue is grown to it...does the mesh have to be recalled to be an issue? Where do I go? Thank you so much in advance!!!
Ally
[email protected]
I had the similar experience, my mesh was implanted may of 2005. I went to complain to my surgeon 8 times about all the pain, small bowel obstructions, pain, hospital stays, ER visits, digestive problems and on and on. He denied mesh had nothing to do with my problems even though my exact mesh was recalled 6 mos after it was implanted, recall in Dec of 2006! I went to see the surgeon up until 2010 to complain for the 8th time and he still never told me of the recall. I only found out early this year via internet. Doctors are human too and they lie all the time. I can't trust anyone now. I had my mesh removed at UCLA in March and the ring had broken (which is why I felt stabbing pain), my intestines were balled up and chronically infected and obstructed. Now I can finally digest food better. I still suffer from pain but am better then when the mesh was in my body. Also since the mesh implant, I've developed several autoimuune disorders like fibromyalgia, dermatitis, chemical sensitivities and so many odd ailments. I had about 10 doctors dismiss my pain and suffering from the mesh, don't give up and keep fighting for the truth and be an advocate for yourself.

Unlucky me, I also have the TVT bladder sling mesh that has basically ruined my life and have been dibilitated me since the implant in 2009. I had it mostly removed but have some left and will need to return to get the rest out and also to have pelvic recon surgery. TVT mesh is NOT recalled and probably won't be for awhile since it only affects women so, to answer your question, now it doesn't have to to recalled to have a case or for you to reject the material. I knew mine rejected from the beginning but the doctors would not believe me. It is made out of chemicals, and placed in a warm sensitive area and my body created mass amount of adhesion trying to "fight" the mesh in my body.

You need the crap out of you before it causes you even more complications. Don't take no for an answer, keep seeking for the right doctor to help you. Do your research online...I know what you are going through...hang in there.
What

Gilbert, AZ

#4345 Aug 5, 2011
Judge Bill wrote:
Why are so many people worried about a mesh, holding your intestines, should you be worried about the infection from the mesh causing blood clots and making you dead.\?
You don't make any sense. Clarify your opinion.
just me

Prescott, AZ

#4346 Aug 5, 2011
From AZ wrote:
<quoted text>
I had the similar experience, my mesh was implanted may of 2005. I went to complain to my surgeon 8 times about all the pain, small bowel obstructions, pain, hospital stays, ER visits, digestive problems and on and on. He denied mesh had nothing to do with my problems even though my exact mesh was recalled 6 mos after it was implanted, recall in Dec of 2006! I went to see the surgeon up until 2010 to complain for the 8th time and he still never told me of the recall. I only found out early this year via internet. Doctors are human too and they lie all the time. I can't trust anyone now. I had my mesh removed at UCLA in March and the ring had broken (which is why I felt stabbing pain), my intestines were balled up and chronically infected and obstructed. Now I can finally digest food better. I still suffer from pain but am better then when the mesh was in my body. Also since the mesh implant, I've developed several autoimuune disorders like fibromyalgia, dermatitis, chemical sensitivities and so many odd ailments. I had about 10 doctors dismiss my pain and suffering from the mesh, don't give up and keep fighting for the truth and be an advocate for yourself.
Unlucky me, I also have the TVT bladder sling mesh that has basically ruined my life and have been dibilitated me since the implant in 2009. I had it mostly removed but have some left and will need to return to get the rest out and also to have pelvic recon surgery. TVT mesh is NOT recalled and probably won't be for awhile since it only affects women so, to answer your question, now it doesn't have to to recalled to have a case or for you to reject the material. I knew mine rejected from the beginning but the doctors would not believe me. It is made out of chemicals, and placed in a warm sensitive area and my body created mass amount of adhesion trying to "fight" the mesh in my body.
You need the crap out of you before it causes you even more complications. Don't take no for an answer, keep seeking for the right doctor to help you. Do your research online...I know what you are going through...hang in there.
Hey their my friend, I can't cant agree with you more, get the crap out, they took mine out and replaced it with bio mesh. What a joke it was bad enough the kugel mesh was recalled. NOW two of the three bio mesh Davol manfactured has been recalled. Alloderm and zen matrix so far the only one left that has not been recalled is collmend fm.
Me and my friend received collemend fm after our kugel mesh was removed, a year later he is on life support at UCLA and I just had it removed and abdominal wall reconstruction. I am two months out from the abdominal wall reconstruction it was a radical surgery. I will keep you posted as to my progress

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Health Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
school spanking (Jan '17) 49 min AbbeyLee 2
Planning to get dental crown- will it be painful? (Jul '15) 2 hr laurajkey 4
News Dental Implants & Prosthetics (Implants, Crowns... (Jan '14) 3 hr laurajkey 20
News Dentists might be able to screen for diabetes (Mar '15) 3 hr laurajkey 6
News Trump's 'Obamacare' budget cuts leave Arizona's... 6 hr Concave 2
News On My Mind: Questioning assumptions of modern p... 7 hr Humanspirit 1
Teenager going nude at home 12 hr Anthony 2
watching wife get pregnant by another man (Jan '17) Sep 17 Reginald 16
More from around the web