Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns of Death and Serious Healt...

Full story: PRWeb

Patients should review the latest recall information to see if they have been implanted with the recalled device and seek medical attention if symptoms such as unexplained or persistent abdominal pain, fever, ...

Comments (Page 192)

Showing posts 3,821 - 3,840 of8,018
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
ALS

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2011

If anyone has any questions about Dr. Billing, please email me.

Swimmerinshoreline@Yahoo.com
Sue

Gilbert, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2011

tiredofitall12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you so much for the help and prayer. I'm glad you have found a Dr. This is unbelievable that something like this can happen. I did go back home but it's so difficult to keep up with my husband who has never been sick in the ten years we've been together. We went shopping again tonight and I kept from saying anything about the pain. I'm sure you know that it is constant. I'm so glad I found this forum and will try the site you suggested.
Alicia us, I have all the symptoms you described and much more, since the mesh implantation. Did you have the TVT bladder sling mesh? If you did, you need to have it removed, it has a FDA warning and people are working to get it recalled but since mostly women are suffering with this monster, the recall process is taking longer. Mesh is poison in our body, I've been having all kinds of odd disorders happening to me since both hernia and bladder mesh implantation. go to truthinmedicine.us.com , it has lots of information. Of just google "bladder sling mesh complication" The surgeons who implant these will deny there are any problems, and will tell you all kinds of garbage. There are only handful of good Drs. who will remove it. These implant Drs. are kinda like drug pushers but they push medical device instead, then people are harmed from their and the device makers. It's so sad what is happening to our healthcare system, it's a shameful. Best of luck to you.
Sue

Gilbert, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2011

alicia united states wrote:
Some months ago I had a bladder suspention. I was doing so-so and than after that I was diagnosis with diverticulosis. I had trouble with the mesh too! It became hard and I could feel the mesh coming apart. They had to go in there again and fix it again. The mesh was suppose to heal my bladder but instead, I have to go go to bathroom several times at night. Most f the time I do not make it to the toilet,it becomes embarassing for me. During the day I can control it. Maybe someone is suffering like these. THANKS!
Alicia us, I have all the symptoms you described and much more, since the mesh implantation. Did you have the TVT bladder sling mesh? If you did, you need to have it removed, it has a FDA warning and people are working to get it recalled but since mostly women are suffering with this monster, the recall process is taking longer. Mesh is poison in our body, I've been having all kinds of odd disorders happening to me since both hernia and bladder mesh implantation. go to truthinmedicine.us.com , it has lots of information. Of just google "bladder sling mesh complication" The surgeons who implant these will deny there are any problems, and will tell you all kinds of garbage. There are only handful of good Drs. who will remove it. These implant Drs. are kinda like drug pushers but they push medical device instead, then people are harmed from their and the device makers. It's so sad what is happening to our healthcare system, it's a shameful. Best of luck to you.
just me

Pocatello, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2011

Judged:

Nor-Cal wrote:
My case for a jury trial in Rhode Island was filed in November. Any idea how long it takes to get a court date?
Hello Nor-cal
in regards to a jury trial, some of us here are waiting and watching for the belweather trial to end that will determin what happens to our cases.
Richard in Montrose Co

Boulder, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2011

Cant-take-no-more wrote:
<quoted text> Sorry to hear about that. That would be my luck, it seems that everything they do to make me better ends up making it worse. I am about to put in for disability like my main Dr. suggested, but I'm afraid that that may be a problem since the surgeon say's his work on the 2 hernias is fine.As far as getting involved in the lawsuits against the companies that make the patches used I don't know where to begin. It seems that there is not much that can be done about our(everyone here) problems. I hope things will start to look up for all of us soon.
Thank you very much for your kind words. I have been trying to find a law firm that would handle a Prolene mesh case but to no avail. There are lawyers for Kugel and Bard and for some of the womens type of meshs and such. But Prolene mesh is totally excluded. I don't think there will be a case against Ethicon in my life time. It would be nice but I don't think it would happen. If the FDA does go after Ethicon and the other manufacturers of mesh they will have to admit that it has known about these problems for many many years. I don't think they will do that. That admission would also open the flood gates of law suits whether for legitimate reasons(i.e. mesh removal etc.) or for people who never had a problem but don't want that crap in me law suits. I am afraid that the powers that be will just wait us out to die.Sorry to be such a downer but thats how I feel about this subject. I am being told to go on disability also. I hate it. I hate the thought. I hate what mesh has done to me and I am a "mild" case. I read these posts and it breaks my heart. I have been writing on thios site for over 2 years now and it still affects me the same. I get tears in my eyes and think "what if".What if I knew about mesh before my hernia surgery. What if my Dr. had warned me about the possible complications involved with mesh. What if.......rmh
unknown

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2011

Judged:

Richard in Montrose Co wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you very much for your kind words. I have been trying to find a law firm that would handle a Prolene mesh case but to no avail. There are lawyers for Kugel and Bard and for some of the womens type of meshs and such. But Prolene mesh is totally excluded. I don't think there will be a case against Ethicon in my life time. It would be nice but I don't think it would happen. If the FDA does go after Ethicon and the other manufacturers of mesh they will have to admit that it has known about these problems for many many years. I don't think they will do that. That admission would also open the flood gates of law suits whether for legitimate reasons(i.e. mesh removal etc.) or for people who never had a problem but don't want that crap in me law suits. I am afraid that the powers that be will just wait us out to die.Sorry to be such a downer but thats how I feel about this subject. I am being told to go on disability also. I hate it. I hate the thought. I hate what mesh has done to me and I am a "mild" case. I read these posts and it breaks my heart. I have been writing on thios site for over 2 years now and it still affects me the same. I get tears in my eyes and think "what if".What if I knew about mesh before my hernia surgery. What if my Dr. had warned me about the possible complications involved with mesh. What if.......rmh
Hi Richard. Just reading the new postings. Don't feel bad about going on disability. I thought the same way, The thing is I'm 53 female, had first Ventral Hernia repaired under emergency indigent care, because of it being under medical needy care, it was done in a piss poor way that it has led to more underlaying medical problems that stayed hidden until I moved to a new area. this has been going on since 9/2003. I am on disability at this time for multi medical problems. I see Surgoens as puppets on suture threads. I wouldn't go into details, But I was told by an Attorney that wasn't it the Government and insurance companies that screwed you up to begin with? Take back what they took from you. You worked and paid in your SS Credits fight for it . It's why the program was sat up for. I have lost everthing from mobile single wide trailer, a 2004 pickup everything but clothing because couldn't keep a job because of health con. Why cause my county health department contiue to lie about a screwed up cost cutting so called hernia surgery. I just had a second surgery earlier this year with you might just as will say abdiminal wall rebuild, lot of scar tissue & heavy adhesion removal. The ventral tension hernia fixed, Navel outie hernia proceed mesh for that with tacks.on inspected of abdominal wall they found the periumbilical hernia and diastasis rectus. This was repaired by Lap surgery. My abdominal area is heavly scared with 11 trocars, incision from under breast bone down to pubic area. So anyone one of these scars could turn into another hernia. Our medical world is in a mess. I have a list of attorny's I'll see if I got one for for you. get back with you. The biggest thing about mesh, on the different site that I have looked at, they say that mesh is made in sizes. it can be cut. Yet you go to their pdf reader and it warns don't cut. So this tells me left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.
unknown

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2011

<quoted text>Thank you very much for your kind words. I have been trying to find a law firm that would handle a Prolene mesh case but to no avail. There are lawyers for Kugel and Bard and for some of the womens type of meshs and such. But Prolene mesh is totally excluded. I don't think there will be a case against Ethicon in my life time. It would be nice but I don't think it would happen. If the FDA does go after Ethicon and the other manufacturers of mesh they will have to admit that it has known about these problems for many many years. I don't think they will do that. That admission would also open the flood gates of law suits whether for legitimate reasons(i.e. mesh removal etc.) or for people who never had a problem but don't want that crap in me law suits. I am afraid that the powers that be will just wait us out to die.Sorry to be such a downer but thats how I feel about this subject. I am being told to go on disability also. I hate it. I hate the thought. I hate what mesh has done to me and I am a "mild" case. I read these posts and it breaks my heart. I have been writing on thios site for over 2 years now and it still affects me the same. I get tears in my eyes and think "what if".What if I knew about mesh before my hernia surgery. What if my Dr. had warned me about the possible complications involved with mesh. What if.......rmh
Richard when did you have the surgery with the Prolene Mesh? Posted on 01/15/11.
justme

Pocatello, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2011

Rep wrote:
You need to have biological graft put in that is not packaged with chemicals. That is your only chance of fixing the problem. Using Tissue to tissue you will have over a 50% chance of the hernia reacurring.
<quoted text>
Hello Mark,
I agree wil Rep, you need to look into Bio Mesh, I had my mesh removed and replaced with a bio mesh called Colla mend fm. Don't give up their are dr that can help,
Cant-take-no-mor e

Hartsville, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2011

melissa wrote:
I has a ventral hernia repaired last june. I am concerned about the Kugel recall because I have tenderness in the site, constipation or diahrea, and painful gas and cramping. My doctors office says that they won't tell me what mesh they used, and I have to wait 3 weeks until they can process my request to see if it is in the hospitals records. What do I do? I feel like I am getting the run a round because they don't want to deal with this issue.
I went to the hospital my self & got the records office to print out everything from my first hernia repair in feb 2010 till now. In that report it told me what kind of mesh was used, how it was secured in my body, & other details about all of my surgeries.Try doing that. I hope everything gets better.
Cant-take-no-mor e

Hartsville, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2011

I only wish I knew the complications before it was too late. You would think that the Dr.s would at least warn you so you could make the choice for yourself before the surgery. I'm a 34 yr old male & suppose to be the the one working & taking care of the family, but that's all screwed now. I felt better before the surgeries. I have Marlex mesh on one side of the groin & Atrium mesh on the other side. My pain just keeps getting worse & all they will do for me is Pain Management which is not helping & pills that I hate having to take. I sure wish there was something I could have done to make it right again. I just want to be able to go to work, shopping, play with my little boy, & live life like I used to.
unknown

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2011

Judged:

Got ask, Just what good is any of our Federal business that are suppose to protect us? Other then a waste of Tax dollars! We do not have protection any more. The FDA, Frederal Trade Comission known as FTC Bureau of Consumer Protection. It makes me wonder, if these agentcies aren't getting paid off to look the other way? We can file 100's of complaints they get read but does anything really get done? Other then years of law suites. What ever happen to American Pride and Craftmansship! Has drugs killed the American brains and now the American dreams? I write this after something else happen yesterday not related to Hernia Topic, but yet it falls under years of defective product and nothing getting done. This has to do with Anchor glassware. I just bought yesterday. It was a glass 1 cup measuring cup. I sat it in sink to wash later, turned around to dice up an onion and all of a sudden the cup exploded into hundreds of pieces . Total shattered you can see spider web effect. It peppered the counters the floor no one hurt, but it is a defective product. I goggled about what caused this to happen. Found out it's a cost cutting weakest link. Just waiting to kill someone. Goggle Pyrex Anchor cookware danger. This been going on since the 80's when Borosilicate a stronger glass composition material was removed and replaced with soda ash, so is this also going on with hernia mesh? Cost cutting materials?
Lisa

Kalamazoo, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2011

My father had hernia surgery in Sept 2010 and has had one problem after another. Reading some of your comments I think we are on our way to discovering the real problem. This is his second surgery (diff side) and the first was fine - no problems. We finally requested the op notes from both surgeries to see what was the differance and the only thing we found was the mesh used. We have had blood work, CT, US, ABX and even Pain Mgmt. They keep telling him it is a nerve.

My question is: Has the UHS mesh implants been recalled by the FDS? Is anyone else having problems this this mesh?
James

Livingston, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2011

Lisa wrote:
My father had hernia surgery in Sept 2010 and has had one problem after another. Reading some of your comments I think we are on our way to discovering the real problem. This is his second surgery (diff side) and the first was fine - no problems. We finally requested the op notes from both surgeries to see what was the differance and the only thing we found was the mesh used. We have had blood work, CT, US, ABX and even Pain Mgmt. They keep telling him it is a nerve.
My question is: Has the UHS mesh implants been recalled by the FDS? Is anyone else having problems this this mesh?
Yes -- others are having problems, myself included. As bothersome as it is, I'd give it more time. Sometimes everything will calm down if it is nerve related. I would give it up to a year. If not improved, consider an MRI to be read by an experienced hernia surgeon. Very few radiologists can spot hernias, neuromas, etc. on an MRI. And very few hernia surgeons actually read MRIs.
Howie

Suitland, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2011

Lisa wrote:
Go to North Penn Hernia discussion Forum and you will see posts of surgeons I have recommended as have others.

Stay clear of Dr. Meyers in PA

Howie Greene
Richard in Montrose Co

Boulder, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2011

unknown wrote:
<quoted text>Richard when did you have the surgery with the Prolene Mesh? Posted on 01/15/11.
I had right inguinal hernia surgery on Nov. 15 2006. I was sick by that following May-June 2007. Went down hill pretty quick after that. Had to go back on Workmens Comp.. Dr.'s had no idea what was going on. I researched and touched base with Bruce Rosenberg. It was with that info I was able to TELL MY DR.'s what was going on. Later, my primary care Dr. took credit for "finding" the info necessary to make a diagnosis. Of course if he had taken a closer look on the lab report he would have noticed that mesh was the given reason I was in such bad shape. Best Wishes.........rmh
Richard in Montrose Co

Boulder, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2011

Cant-take-no-more wrote:
<quoted text> I only wish I knew the complications before it was too late. You would think that the Dr.s would at least warn you so you could make the choice for yourself before the surgery. I'm a 34 yr old male & suppose to be the the one working & taking care of the family, but that's all screwed now. I felt better before the surgeries. I have Marlex mesh on one side of the groin & Atrium mesh on the other side. My pain just keeps getting worse & all they will do for me is Pain Management which is not helping & pills that I hate having to take. I sure wish there was something I could have done to make it right again. I just want to be able to go to work, shopping, play with my little boy, & live life like I used to.
My friend....please accept my heart felt sympathies. I am 54. I don't smoke. I am in "good" shape. I love the outdoors, hiking, bikeing, fishing. I have my own business. I sell, install and maintain surveillance systems. I enjoy the hell out of it. But now as time goes on and the pain gets worse I am faced with the realization that all that I love and do will soon become intensly painful. It already is. I maintain but my friends around me now know when I am in real pain. They tell me " hey, Richard your hurting today aren't you". I can't hide it anymore. The pain is too bad sometimes. I'm a veteran. I was taught to ignore pain. Pain is your friend. Pain reminds you that you are still alive. But after 3-4-5 years of the same constant miserable aching pain its hard to get through the day. My suggestion is to love that much harder all the things and friends and places that make you the person you are. Don't dwell on this crap that has been put in you and causing the pain. Keep the faith, keep the people you love close and let them know what you are going through. Don't keep it to yourself. It'll bottle up until you explode. Alot of people don't understand what is happening to you. Tell them. And give that little boy of yours an extra hug from me. Take Care and Best Wishes.......rmh
jandv9995

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2011

Jared Aigner wrote:
I have these same symptoms struessel. I believe that not all surgeons are the same. The circumstances that are involved are different for everyone. For anyone to deny your pain, is f u cked up and illegal. You are in your own body and no one has the right to deny you your feelings. To anyone who doesnt believe that beeing cut open hurts, suk it. YOur all just a bunch of cock suckers who dont have any compasion for someone who is hurt. And to the guy who thinks im a pill popper, your right. I take pills because i have to dik. You should stop judging ppl, and get to work on what is wrong with us. I believe that you will rot in hell for being such an asshole
I am with you had bilaterial hernia surgey right side never had problems with but left side has been living hell tell doctor he says it is in my head but my head says it hurts bad when I am at ework or play. The pay does not include sex hurts to bad
Sue

Gilbert, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2011

Liz Walker wrote:
I had hernia surgery in July 2009 with a patch inserted.After initial 'tigtening' when I bent over (I was told this was normal) the patch settled down and I soon forgot about it. Fast forward to exactly a year later and I have just come out of hospital having narrowly escaped major bowel surgery!!
My symptoms include persistant diahorrea, abdominal pain in the hernia site (lower left), slight fever, reduced appetite and a feeling of heaviness in the abdomen.
The surgeon (same one who did hernia repair) could see an 'angry mass and thickening of my colon'-'bad news I am afraid, ths means a colonoscopy to get a biopsy and then major surgery to remove the mass and then stitch the remaining bowel together again''I dont know if its cancer yet but I will treat it as cancer until after the biopsy'
How scared was I?
However, the colonoscopy showed absolutely no mass or thickening in my colon atall (even I could see that)! The 'mass' I pressume is outside the bowel.So I have been sent home with antibiotics and painkillers!! I kept saying that it was in the same area as hernia but he didn't say anything. I am going back next week so I will definately be more forceful with him and see what happens.
Liz, how are you doing now? I had the similar story as you, a year after my hernia mesh implanation (2005), I had small bowel obstruction, blood work showed I had infection but they could't locate it, after six days in the hospital my bowels opened up. I told the doctors, my mesh area is and has been always tender and painful. I've had many autoimmine disorders since the mesh. I am convinced the mesh is poisoning me, I am arranging to have both meshes removed in March. I also have one near the bladder (2009) and that mesh has dibilitated me with severe pain. Just wondered how you were doing with the mesh now...
Sue

Gilbert, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2011

Wolf99 wrote:
<quoted text>02/12/10. Hi Sandra, Just checking out different site's. No not yet. Been to Three new Doctors, My new General MD. Is real good. He pulled 4 different blood test one was for tyroid, which came back with a very low count. I have Hypothyroidism. He thought this right off the bat, for having such dry skin,and all time cold chills. I go in March for further female test next month, possible female surgery before the Ventral Hernia. Was on three different meds for Edema and UI lack of control, which I ended up with bad side effects so so am on Veslcare for that problem. I have been approved for disability. So now just waiting on the next appointment as to what's going to happen. I was hoping to have all surgery at the same time, put the surgeon that's going do the V-Hernia say's to much of a chance of infection, so do the female, bladder first. So I hope that any or all surgery will be done through all pass surgery scars from C-Sections and first hernia. I do worry how big the mesh will cover. I kind of feel it will cover from under the breast all waydown to the pubic area. the whole belly area.I know at this point I will not be able to do the outside active life I us to do. cause of how weak my tissue has gotten. Will keep you posted. So how are things going for You?
Hi, I know this post is about a yr old. I hope you did not get an another mesh for the UI, I am finding out all mesh are poison to our body. When did you get diagnosed with Multiple chemical sensitivity? What kind of test did they do to find out? My Dr. thinks I may have MCS and if so, it is most likely from the mesh. I developed all kinds of autoimune disorder symptoms since the mesh was implanted for ventral hernia in 2005 and then bladder TVT mesh in 2009. I am arranging to have both the meshes removed. Would you mind emailing me and telling me little bit about your health problems and if it has been resolved or in the process of treatment, how is it going and so on. I see you were approved for disability, but what diagnose were you approved? And did you a lawyer? I am a big mess and none of the doctors believe that the mesh is causing all my health problems, I am trying to gather much info as possible so my doctors believe that I am not the only one having severe pain and history of bowel obstruction etc... My email is soob413@hotmail.com
Hope to hear from you.
Sue
Sue

Gilbert, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2011

Sheila wrote:
I had a hernia repair 8-2006 I have more problems since the repair than before with pain at the sight and bulging. About a year ago I started itching and now have several swollen lypmh nodes. Going to a new Dr. on 1-26-2010 Worried about lymphma but someone asked me about maybe being allergic to the mesh??? We will find out. Hoping for the best Sheila
Hi Sheila, I had hives for 9 months straigtht every day since my mesh implant. I had to see an Allergist and he put me on zirtac, attrax and prevacid and after a month, the hives subsided. I still get it here and there but not everyday. I've had all kinds of odd health ailments since the mesh was implanted. After recently finding this site and the kugal lawsuit, I have decided to remove my meshes (2). I've read from women on hystersisters.com (search mesh complication) they felt immediate relief after the mesh was taken out, I am convinced the mesh is the culprit of all my health issues. Go to truthinmedicine.us.com , if you haven't already done so. Hope you find the right doctor who will believe the mesh is the cause...

I HAVE VENTRAL HERNIA MESH AND TVT BLADDER MESH, IF ANYONE HAS EITHER OF THESE MESH AND HAD COMPLICATIONS AND IF YOU WOULD SHARE YOUR STORY WITH ME, I WOULD APPRECIATE IT. I NEED TO TELL MY DOCTORS I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE. PLEASE EMAIL ME SOOB413@HOTMAIL.COM

THANK YOU ALL AND BEST OF HEALTH TO YOU IN THE FUTURE!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 3,821 - 3,840 of8,018
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••