Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns ...

Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns of Death and Serious Healt...

There are 8257 comments on the PRWeb story from Feb 4, 2007, titled Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns of Death and Serious Healt.... In it, PRWeb reports that:

Patients should review the latest recall information to see if they have been implanted with the recalled device and seek medical attention if symptoms such as unexplained or persistent abdominal pain, fever, ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at PRWeb.

unknown

AOL

#3977 Jan 15, 2011
Richard in Montrose Co wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you very much for your kind words. I have been trying to find a law firm that would handle a Prolene mesh case but to no avail. There are lawyers for Kugel and Bard and for some of the womens type of meshs and such. But Prolene mesh is totally excluded. I don't think there will be a case against Ethicon in my life time. It would be nice but I don't think it would happen. If the FDA does go after Ethicon and the other manufacturers of mesh they will have to admit that it has known about these problems for many many years. I don't think they will do that. That admission would also open the flood gates of law suits whether for legitimate reasons(i.e. mesh removal etc.) or for people who never had a problem but don't want that crap in me law suits. I am afraid that the powers that be will just wait us out to die.Sorry to be such a downer but thats how I feel about this subject. I am being told to go on disability also. I hate it. I hate the thought. I hate what mesh has done to me and I am a "mild" case. I read these posts and it breaks my heart. I have been writing on thios site for over 2 years now and it still affects me the same. I get tears in my eyes and think "what if".What if I knew about mesh before my hernia surgery. What if my Dr. had warned me about the possible complications involved with mesh. What if.......rmh
Richard when did you have the surgery with the Prolene Mesh? Posted on 01/15/11.
justme

Pocatello, ID

#3978 Jan 15, 2011
Rep wrote:
You need to have biological graft put in that is not packaged with chemicals. That is your only chance of fixing the problem. Using Tissue to tissue you will have over a 50% chance of the hernia reacurring.
<quoted text>
Hello Mark,
I agree wil Rep, you need to look into Bio Mesh, I had my mesh removed and replaced with a bio mesh called Colla mend fm. Don't give up their are dr that can help,
Cant-take-no-mor e

Sumter, SC

#3979 Jan 16, 2011
melissa wrote:
I has a ventral hernia repaired last june. I am concerned about the Kugel recall because I have tenderness in the site, constipation or diahrea, and painful gas and cramping. My doctors office says that they won't tell me what mesh they used, and I have to wait 3 weeks until they can process my request to see if it is in the hospitals records. What do I do? I feel like I am getting the run a round because they don't want to deal with this issue.
I went to the hospital my self & got the records office to print out everything from my first hernia repair in feb 2010 till now. In that report it told me what kind of mesh was used, how it was secured in my body, & other details about all of my surgeries.Try doing that. I hope everything gets better.
Cant-take-no-mor e

Sumter, SC

#3980 Jan 16, 2011
Richard in Montrose Co wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you very much for your kind words. I have been trying to find a law firm that would handle a Prolene mesh case but to no avail. There are lawyers for Kugel and Bard and for some of the womens type of meshs and such. But Prolene mesh is totally excluded. I don't think there will be a case against Ethicon in my life time. It would be nice but I don't think it would happen. If the FDA does go after Ethicon and the other manufacturers of mesh they will have to admit that it has known about these problems for many many years. I don't think they will do that. That admission would also open the flood gates of law suits whether for legitimate reasons(i.e. mesh removal etc.) or for people who never had a problem but don't want that crap in me law suits. I am afraid that the powers that be will just wait us out to die.Sorry to be such a downer but thats how I feel about this subject. I am being told to go on disability also. I hate it. I hate the thought. I hate what mesh has done to me and I am a "mild" case. I read these posts and it breaks my heart. I have been writing on thios site for over 2 years now and it still affects me the same. I get tears in my eyes and think "what if".What if I knew about mesh before my hernia surgery. What if my Dr. had warned me about the possible complications involved with mesh. What if.......rmh
I only wish I knew the complications before it was too late. You would think that the Dr.s would at least warn you so you could make the choice for yourself before the surgery. I'm a 34 yr old male & suppose to be the the one working & taking care of the family, but that's all screwed now. I felt better before the surgeries. I have Marlex mesh on one side of the groin & Atrium mesh on the other side. My pain just keeps getting worse & all they will do for me is Pain Management which is not helping & pills that I hate having to take. I sure wish there was something I could have done to make it right again. I just want to be able to go to work, shopping, play with my little boy, & live life like I used to.
unknown

AOL

#3981 Jan 17, 2011
Got ask, Just what good is any of our Federal business that are suppose to protect us? Other then a waste of Tax dollars! We do not have protection any more. The FDA, Frederal Trade Comission known as FTC Bureau of Consumer Protection. It makes me wonder, if these agentcies aren't getting paid off to look the other way? We can file 100's of complaints they get read but does anything really get done? Other then years of law suites. What ever happen to American Pride and Craftmansship! Has drugs killed the American brains and now the American dreams? I write this after something else happen yesterday not related to Hernia Topic, but yet it falls under years of defective product and nothing getting done. This has to do with Anchor glassware. I just bought yesterday. It was a glass 1 cup measuring cup. I sat it in sink to wash later, turned around to dice up an onion and all of a sudden the cup exploded into hundreds of pieces . Total shattered you can see spider web effect. It peppered the counters the floor no one hurt, but it is a defective product. I goggled about what caused this to happen. Found out it's a cost cutting weakest link. Just waiting to kill someone. Goggle Pyrex Anchor cookware danger. This been going on since the 80's when Borosilicate a stronger glass composition material was removed and replaced with soda ash, so is this also going on with hernia mesh? Cost cutting materials?
Lisa

Portage, MI

#3982 Jan 18, 2011
My father had hernia surgery in Sept 2010 and has had one problem after another. Reading some of your comments I think we are on our way to discovering the real problem. This is his second surgery (diff side) and the first was fine - no problems. We finally requested the op notes from both surgeries to see what was the differance and the only thing we found was the mesh used. We have had blood work, CT, US, ABX and even Pain Mgmt. They keep telling him it is a nerve.

My question is: Has the UHS mesh implants been recalled by the FDS? Is anyone else having problems this this mesh?
James

Byrdstown, TN

#3983 Jan 18, 2011
Lisa wrote:
My father had hernia surgery in Sept 2010 and has had one problem after another. Reading some of your comments I think we are on our way to discovering the real problem. This is his second surgery (diff side) and the first was fine - no problems. We finally requested the op notes from both surgeries to see what was the differance and the only thing we found was the mesh used. We have had blood work, CT, US, ABX and even Pain Mgmt. They keep telling him it is a nerve.
My question is: Has the UHS mesh implants been recalled by the FDS? Is anyone else having problems this this mesh?
Yes -- others are having problems, myself included. As bothersome as it is, I'd give it more time. Sometimes everything will calm down if it is nerve related. I would give it up to a year. If not improved, consider an MRI to be read by an experienced hernia surgeon. Very few radiologists can spot hernias, neuromas, etc. on an MRI. And very few hernia surgeons actually read MRIs.
Howie

Centreville, VA

#3984 Jan 19, 2011
Lisa wrote:
Go to North Penn Hernia discussion Forum and you will see posts of surgeons I have recommended as have others.

Stay clear of Dr. Meyers in PA

Howie Greene
Richard in Montrose Co

Boulder, CO

#3985 Jan 19, 2011
unknown wrote:
<quoted text>Richard when did you have the surgery with the Prolene Mesh? Posted on 01/15/11.
I had right inguinal hernia surgery on Nov. 15 2006. I was sick by that following May-June 2007. Went down hill pretty quick after that. Had to go back on Workmens Comp.. Dr.'s had no idea what was going on. I researched and touched base with Bruce Rosenberg. It was with that info I was able to TELL MY DR.'s what was going on. Later, my primary care Dr. took credit for "finding" the info necessary to make a diagnosis. Of course if he had taken a closer look on the lab report he would have noticed that mesh was the given reason I was in such bad shape. Best Wishes.........rmh
Richard in Montrose Co

Boulder, CO

#3986 Jan 19, 2011
Cant-take-no-more wrote:
<quoted text> I only wish I knew the complications before it was too late. You would think that the Dr.s would at least warn you so you could make the choice for yourself before the surgery. I'm a 34 yr old male & suppose to be the the one working & taking care of the family, but that's all screwed now. I felt better before the surgeries. I have Marlex mesh on one side of the groin & Atrium mesh on the other side. My pain just keeps getting worse & all they will do for me is Pain Management which is not helping & pills that I hate having to take. I sure wish there was something I could have done to make it right again. I just want to be able to go to work, shopping, play with my little boy, & live life like I used to.
My friend....please accept my heart felt sympathies. I am 54. I don't smoke. I am in "good" shape. I love the outdoors, hiking, bikeing, fishing. I have my own business. I sell, install and maintain surveillance systems. I enjoy the hell out of it. But now as time goes on and the pain gets worse I am faced with the realization that all that I love and do will soon become intensly painful. It already is. I maintain but my friends around me now know when I am in real pain. They tell me " hey, Richard your hurting today aren't you". I can't hide it anymore. The pain is too bad sometimes. I'm a veteran. I was taught to ignore pain. Pain is your friend. Pain reminds you that you are still alive. But after 3-4-5 years of the same constant miserable aching pain its hard to get through the day. My suggestion is to love that much harder all the things and friends and places that make you the person you are. Don't dwell on this crap that has been put in you and causing the pain. Keep the faith, keep the people you love close and let them know what you are going through. Don't keep it to yourself. It'll bottle up until you explode. Alot of people don't understand what is happening to you. Tell them. And give that little boy of yours an extra hug from me. Take Care and Best Wishes.......rmh
jandv9995

United States

#3987 Jan 19, 2011
Jared Aigner wrote:
I have these same symptoms struessel. I believe that not all surgeons are the same. The circumstances that are involved are different for everyone. For anyone to deny your pain, is f u cked up and illegal. You are in your own body and no one has the right to deny you your feelings. To anyone who doesnt believe that beeing cut open hurts, suk it. YOur all just a bunch of cock suckers who dont have any compasion for someone who is hurt. And to the guy who thinks im a pill popper, your right. I take pills because i have to dik. You should stop judging ppl, and get to work on what is wrong with us. I believe that you will rot in hell for being such an asshole
I am with you had bilaterial hernia surgey right side never had problems with but left side has been living hell tell doctor he says it is in my head but my head says it hurts bad when I am at ework or play. The pay does not include sex hurts to bad
Sue

Gilbert, AZ

#3988 Jan 20, 2011
Liz Walker wrote:
I had hernia surgery in July 2009 with a patch inserted.After initial 'tigtening' when I bent over (I was told this was normal) the patch settled down and I soon forgot about it. Fast forward to exactly a year later and I have just come out of hospital having narrowly escaped major bowel surgery!!
My symptoms include persistant diahorrea, abdominal pain in the hernia site (lower left), slight fever, reduced appetite and a feeling of heaviness in the abdomen.
The surgeon (same one who did hernia repair) could see an 'angry mass and thickening of my colon'-'bad news I am afraid, ths means a colonoscopy to get a biopsy and then major surgery to remove the mass and then stitch the remaining bowel together again''I dont know if its cancer yet but I will treat it as cancer until after the biopsy'
How scared was I?
However, the colonoscopy showed absolutely no mass or thickening in my colon atall (even I could see that)! The 'mass' I pressume is outside the bowel.So I have been sent home with antibiotics and painkillers!! I kept saying that it was in the same area as hernia but he didn't say anything. I am going back next week so I will definately be more forceful with him and see what happens.
Liz, how are you doing now? I had the similar story as you, a year after my hernia mesh implanation (2005), I had small bowel obstruction, blood work showed I had infection but they could't locate it, after six days in the hospital my bowels opened up. I told the doctors, my mesh area is and has been always tender and painful. I've had many autoimmine disorders since the mesh. I am convinced the mesh is poisoning me, I am arranging to have both meshes removed in March. I also have one near the bladder (2009) and that mesh has dibilitated me with severe pain. Just wondered how you were doing with the mesh now...
Sue

Gilbert, AZ

#3989 Jan 20, 2011
Wolf99 wrote:
<quoted text>02/12/10. Hi Sandra, Just checking out different site's. No not yet. Been to Three new Doctors, My new General MD. Is real good. He pulled 4 different blood test one was for tyroid, which came back with a very low count. I have Hypothyroidism. He thought this right off the bat, for having such dry skin,and all time cold chills. I go in March for further female test next month, possible female surgery before the Ventral Hernia. Was on three different meds for Edema and UI lack of control, which I ended up with bad side effects so so am on Veslcare for that problem. I have been approved for disability. So now just waiting on the next appointment as to what's going to happen. I was hoping to have all surgery at the same time, put the surgeon that's going do the V-Hernia say's to much of a chance of infection, so do the female, bladder first. So I hope that any or all surgery will be done through all pass surgery scars from C-Sections and first hernia. I do worry how big the mesh will cover. I kind of feel it will cover from under the breast all waydown to the pubic area. the whole belly area.I know at this point I will not be able to do the outside active life I us to do. cause of how weak my tissue has gotten. Will keep you posted. So how are things going for You?
Hi, I know this post is about a yr old. I hope you did not get an another mesh for the UI, I am finding out all mesh are poison to our body. When did you get diagnosed with Multiple chemical sensitivity? What kind of test did they do to find out? My Dr. thinks I may have MCS and if so, it is most likely from the mesh. I developed all kinds of autoimune disorder symptoms since the mesh was implanted for ventral hernia in 2005 and then bladder TVT mesh in 2009. I am arranging to have both the meshes removed. Would you mind emailing me and telling me little bit about your health problems and if it has been resolved or in the process of treatment, how is it going and so on. I see you were approved for disability, but what diagnose were you approved? And did you a lawyer? I am a big mess and none of the doctors believe that the mesh is causing all my health problems, I am trying to gather much info as possible so my doctors believe that I am not the only one having severe pain and history of bowel obstruction etc... My email is [email protected]
Hope to hear from you.
Sue
Sue

Gilbert, AZ

#3990 Jan 20, 2011
Sheila wrote:
I had a hernia repair 8-2006 I have more problems since the repair than before with pain at the sight and bulging. About a year ago I started itching and now have several swollen lypmh nodes. Going to a new Dr. on 1-26-2010 Worried about lymphma but someone asked me about maybe being allergic to the mesh??? We will find out. Hoping for the best Sheila
Hi Sheila, I had hives for 9 months straigtht every day since my mesh implant. I had to see an Allergist and he put me on zirtac, attrax and prevacid and after a month, the hives subsided. I still get it here and there but not everyday. I've had all kinds of odd health ailments since the mesh was implanted. After recently finding this site and the kugal lawsuit, I have decided to remove my meshes (2). I've read from women on hystersisters.com (search mesh complication) they felt immediate relief after the mesh was taken out, I am convinced the mesh is the culprit of all my health issues. Go to truthinmedicine.us.com , if you haven't already done so. Hope you find the right doctor who will believe the mesh is the cause...

I HAVE VENTRAL HERNIA MESH AND TVT BLADDER MESH, IF ANYONE HAS EITHER OF THESE MESH AND HAD COMPLICATIONS AND IF YOU WOULD SHARE YOUR STORY WITH ME, I WOULD APPRECIATE IT. I NEED TO TELL MY DOCTORS I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE. PLEASE EMAIL ME [email protected]

THANK YOU ALL AND BEST OF HEALTH TO YOU IN THE FUTURE!
Sue

Gilbert, AZ

#3991 Jan 20, 2011
davidstump1126 wrote:
Oh my god i can not belive how many people have had problems with this mesh and its not just one kind its everykind and i am having the same problems from stabbing pain to having the incision area feel like someone is taking 50 grit sand paper too youre stomache and the infections and an a warming sensation before the itchyness and the constipations an the blood from coming out rectualy from any where from 5 to 10 days at a time, blood from the incision at ramdom times, joint pain, headaches, fevers, an yet the surgical doctor says everything is fine. has anybody had a problem that when your sitting down or layin in bed you feel fluid moving around from behinde the incision. i have had all these problems just in the past two months i had surgery on 12/09/2009 for a right inguinal hernia and i had none of these problems except when i had the stabbing pain when i got the hernia and all of you guys an girls have had and still are goin through pain after months and years an alot if not all of you say it gets worse... i dont want it to get worse its already bad enough i feel for all of you that have gone through all this!! i have had so much crap happen and its still goin on now and i have been tryin to tell myself itll get better and it did for like a week to fight the infection away but now that i took the all medication like prescribed i feel the problems all coming back ten fold so if i had infection once what says its not gonna come back and be worse?? what should i do?
Dave, I'm Gilbert, AZ. These are some of health problems I've had since my hernia mesh implant in 5/2005. After recently finding much info on the net, I am having my meshes removed (2009 had bladder sling mesh, that did my body in and I' basically disabled now)
Below are some of the symptoms after my mesh was implantation:

1. Hives daily for 6 months until I went to have treatment by an Allergist with 3 combo drugs for two months, the hives have subsided but I still have them about 2 times a month.

2. Seroma developed almost right after the surgery, did not go away for almost a year, had it syringed out when I was hospitalized.

3. I was hospitalized for 6 days with an NG tube, for partial Small Bowel Obstruction, it spontaneously went away. Went to see two different GI specialist had Upper and lower GI tests, tests were negative.

4. Developed Sebhoritic dermatitis, lasted over a year, was treated by a Dermatologist with meds, cleared up in 2-3 months.

5. Labial Lichen Sclerosis - still have it

6. Muscle and joint pains - still have it

7. Extreme fatigue, brain fog, memory loss, mood changes - still have it

8. Still experiencing tenderness and pain at the mesh site, it's been 5 1/2 yrs since the surgery.

9. Constant digestive issues, constipation, ingestion and food seems to get "stuck" in my intestines. Have frequent pains after eating.-Still have it.

10. In June of 2010, woke up with severe abdominal pain, Paramedics took me to the ER, hospitalized for 6 days, had pain management with Fentynal, Oxycontin and Dilaudid at the same time, because one or two didn't help enough for the severity of the pain. Had MRI, CT, US and blood work. Scans were negative but blood work showed inflammation but none of the doctors knew the reason for the inflmmation. My blood work late as October 2010 still shows inflmmation but no cause found. My feeling is the infection is at the mesh site.

11. Loss of hair

12. Severe depression, but who wouldn't if you had to deal with all this.
Sue

Gilbert, AZ

#3992 Jan 20, 2011
Diana wrote:
julie. hey i have just read your letter i know how you feel i am having the same problems i had surgery done back in August 2008 after i had my little girl. and i had pain after i had surgery and i let myself heal to make sure it was not from them cuttin on me or removing the hernias. so i waited till i healed and then i went back to the doctor that did my surgery and he wanted to take me back in for more surgery and i told him no i was not letting him cut on me no more. i got 4 childern and i can not have that done i am rasing them on my own so he wanted to send me to a pain clinic well need to say that did not work out eather and still to this day i am in so much pain some time i cant cope with life i have bowl movement problems as well i have a hard time eating and sleeping i am just in pain 24/7 and i think it is just like the kugel mesh. some days are just worse than others and i am not sure what to do..all i know is i do not wish something like this for no one. if you would like to talk to me just write me back
thank you
Diana
Diana,
Did you have SUI treated with TVT bladder sling mesh? If so, the mesh is causing all of your problems. I too have all the problems you described and more since I have the abdominal mesh too. If you want to email me please do so at [email protected] BTW, I'm getting all my mesh removed.
caseyiam

Chicago, IL

#3993 Jan 21, 2011
wolf99 wrote:
<quoted text>check this site marlex mesh patch-vlex
I understand this pain. I live with it, also. I like to use a heating pad and also lying on my back helps. That is all it does,helps. NOTHING I have tried relieves it, except alcohol and/ or sleep & the alcohol is wrong & I overdosed.Don't recommend it. Meanwhile, to get thru the very worst of these pains, I do breathing exercises, Qi Gong,check it out. Don't poo poo it until you give it an honest try. 21 days to make or break a habit is the saying but I saw it's effectiveness much sooner than that. I think it is a form of distraction & also changes your oxygen/carbon dioxide ratio?????Just quessing as to why, but I know it has saved me from screaming aloud or having to go to the emergency department. I have used THERMOPHORE Heating Packs from Battle Creek. Unique as the heat penetrates deeper than regular heating pads. Takes moisture from the room and provides a slightly moist heat that simply beats the others. They are a bit costly, but so worth the money. The original warranty was fair- I don't remember exactly but for after warranty, for $ 25.00 you can send it in for repairs/overhaul-comes back like new. And BE SURE TO ASK YOUR DR. FIRST about either suggestions I gave. Best wishes. Better days ahead !
Michael Patterson II

Liverpool, NY

#3994 Jan 23, 2011
I have had surgery to repair an inguinal hernia in feb 23, 2006. I had extreme pain, and had numerous appointments with my surgeon afterwards (6months, 9 months, over 12 months). It became apparent to me that he had absolutely no concern for my pain, or for the matter of helping a patient - taking responsibility for the fact that you told me I have had to have this operation to not 'strangulate' my intestine and kill it or whatever. The surgeon I went to was local surgeon, but I heard he was good, so that is why I went to him in the first place. I would notice extreme pain once every 2-4 weeks (once a month usually) ONLY when I was crouched down in the 'catchers position' doing computer work. I basically followed the surgeons advice to have it repaired, and I am extremely dissapointed beyond belief due to the fact that he basically gets angry with me for the times after post op surgery that I have returned numerous times complaining about pain. The pain that I would get before I had the surgery was BEARABLE... I could do daily activities, I could still do stuff, but just had to watch how I crouched down.... SO finally decided that the 2x a month 'extreme' pain episodes that I would have to end up lying down in bed for the rest of the day when it would occur, that I didn't want that pain to occur anymore so I thought.. Getting this repaired would IMPROVE my quality of life... Well, it has not one bit. This just is a warning to everyone, If you are a fool like me and take a surgeons advice to have something repaired at your own expense, you basically are just doing what I did, Screwing over your life big time creating bills that money was saved for College, not to mention, physical limitiations at work. Ended up getting fired from my job due to the fact that I cannot 'move and cook' as fast as I used to due to my pain, and 'complaining' about the pain all the time is also a contributing factor to why I was fired.
I obtained a surgery report, the report is so generalized as to what 'ITEMS' were used during the surgery. A lot of lot numbers I see don't match up to anything at all that I can find. I know that what he showed me was a coffee cup like fishline mesh that looked exactly like a coffee cup filter, and the other was a flat round or oval patch and I believe there was a hole with a line in the 2nd mesh. Prolene 2/0 stitches were used from what I know, but I cannot quite identify what Bard 'tension free' product the surgeon used. He refuses to see me now, and from going to other 4 surgeons and doctors their opinions are the same. They prescribed me Dilantin as a 'nerve blocker' as they performed a physical examination 'turn your head and cough' which shows no recurrance of hernia.
I am amazed for the fact that I am blown / brushed off when I am paying these doctors 150 for an initial visit to just get the same run around. My life sucks now, I have no job. I did graduate college with my Associates in Computer Engineering Technology with no work around, it just is tough. I cannot afford to go to anymore doctors and just have realized that I am the only individual according to the surgeon that has came back with 'postoperative pain'. Basically he stated that in an angry pissed off way, which I found offensive. If I would have known that I would have had such a decrease in my overall life, I would never have even had this done. I would rather be in pain 14 days out of the year then every day pain for the rest of my life. Just makes me so angry, to the point, that I have no money, and no more patience to pay doctors that don't help me.

The nerve blockers they prescribed me didn't work, so I was given neurontin which also doesn't help.

They say everything heals with time, but absolutely not in my case, as it has been almost 5 years since my surgery and I have pain every day of my life. I cannot enjoy life anymore, the pain is just too much. So bad I can't wear boxers, and am always adjusting pants.
Michael Patterson II

Liverpool, NY

#3995 Jan 23, 2011
email me @ [email protected] if you maybe have any advice. I threw over 3 grand for the surgeon and anestegiologist while paying the 134 a month hospital bill for over 3 years. I just don't know what to do anymore.

The surgeon won't accecpt any responsibility for the fact that there could be something wrong. I always am athletic and healthy and have had stuff happen in the past, but to not heal, have persistent pain which can either be a sharp stabbing knife like pain on the top of my hip bone(internal) or the lower side of my right testicle feeling as if it isn't in the correct place, causing me to not be able to sit down in chairs without pain. Not to mention, I cannot wear boxer briefs anymore without pain. Any general clothes I used to be able to wear (nike shorts, warm ups, regular shorts, regular pants) I am unable to wear anymore as it basically feels like someone wrapping a belt around my testicles and squeezing tight. Just am so mad about my experience. I know the product was Bard I dont know what exactly, because the surgery report and the list of items used have no descriptions just lot numbers, which I asked the hospital about any recall information and they obviously stated 'our stuff isn't on any recall list'.

Just wish things would be better, wish I could clean my house like I used to, wish I had mobility being able to just do the laundry or sweep the floor... gets to the point that it drives me crazy emotionally and physically. Ive considered a lot of bad ideas, which basically point my anger in the direction of the surgeon by means of blunt force, but realize that would get me no where fast. I just feel that his inability to atleast alleviate my pain instead of just giving me 'Ive done these surgerys 1000's of times and yout the ONLY person who has ever came back with pain' so basically yelling at me, because doctors always are right. Just wish I would never have had it done in the first place... never have any surgeries at CHC in Coldwater, MI again due to this crap and their inability to provide me information I need, to actually find out if my product has been recalled. Life sucks now pain all the time, can't wear pants that are tight because it makes it hurt excruciatingly. Any asprin, aleve, or tylenol don;t help the pain anyway. I have tried stretching and stuff like that, no improvement. I cannot even do a dang situp for crying out loud, and I used to be a 22 year old healthy male that could run a mile, bench my weight, play basketball, and all around enjoy life... Where as now, I am a 26 year worthless individual who is constantly in pain and cannot do anything to help myself yet alone get help from any of the 4 doctors around here that I have seen.. One recommended a CT scan, but I cannot afford this, so according to the doctors they 'don't know why I am having pain', I just do, so I just have to deal with it.. Almost makes me feel as if they are taking it as a joke, or thinking I am making it up or something but I am serious and I am sick of spending 1000's of dollars on illigetimate health care.
Hurt4ever by Bard Mesh

New York, NY

#3996 Jan 23, 2011
You all have to understand, most surgeons do not want to get involved with us if the Bard Mesh products have injured us....they use Bard products every day in the ER and OR.

You have to find a surgeon to help you take the damned things out and stick by you that they are and were defective...you have to ask them for their support and it they will put in in writing and support you by goin to court.

That is the surgeon and doctors you want....do not go to anyone else except the ER and I suggest all of you with Kugel BArd mesh products get them out.

You could die from infection and seromas and you may be sepsis right now...go to the best surgreon, plastic surgeon or hospital right now today!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Health Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Many of key players on Trump health care reform... 53 min AmericanPie Jamboree 2
News Study: 12,000 acts of condomless gay sex, 0 HIV... 1 hr Wondering 14
News 'Revolutionary': Study of gay couples shows HIV... 4 hr Charlie 1
News ADD / ADHD Delayed Brain Maturation--Controlled... (Nov '07) 11 hr Argyle Sock 2
News Delaware Division of Substance Abuse and Mental... 11 hr humanspirit 3
News We could do more to fight cancer like McCain's.... 13 hr TRUMP 45 21
News Pregnancy Symptoms - 12 Very Early Symptoms of ... (Jun '07) 15 hr Sindhura 7,237
Nudity at doctor's office (Mar '07) Jul 22 6yrold 209
More from around the web