Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns ...

Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns of Death and Serious Healt...

There are 8219 comments on the PRWeb story from Feb 4, 2007, titled Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns of Death and Serious Healt.... In it, PRWeb reports that:

Patients should review the latest recall information to see if they have been implanted with the recalled device and seek medical attention if symptoms such as unexplained or persistent abdominal pain, fever, ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at PRWeb.

Michael

Fort Myers, FL

#2949 Mar 14, 2010
cindy15717 wrote:
could anyone tell me the difference between kugelcomposix & just composix mesh Bard or Davol sure cant
anyone else have part numbers
Davol 4x6 ComposixE/X Product 0123460 lot 43CPD496
Davol8x10 Composix Product 0123810 Lot 43JOD319
I am told none of these are on warning nor been recalled
email me at snoopyrhoades@yahoo.com
Cindy, it is one in the same the court in Rhode Island where all the trials are being consolidated are in agrement with both hernia patches. If interested get back to me. I had the Bard Composix. EX put in me and I have a live law suit.
Raj

Torrance, CA

#2950 Mar 14, 2010
India is sick. America said uncle has cancer.
----------

It's true people reflect their nation.
Hernia Shadow

AOL

#2951 Mar 14, 2010
FDA Warning on Counterfeit surgical mesh www.medicainewstoday.com/articles/182096.php
Hernia Shadow

AOL

#2952 Mar 14, 2010
Hernia Shadow wrote:
FDA Warning on Counterfeit surgical mesh www.medicainewstoday.com/articles/182096.php
www.medicalnewstoday.com/artic les/182096.php
Hernia Shadow

AOL

#2953 Mar 14, 2010
hurt 4 ever by bard kugel

Flushing, NY

#2954 Mar 14, 2010
http://www.rid.uscourts.gov/MDL/CalendarofEve...

meeting agenda list that dates back to 2007

we are all still alive, but in pain and are very sick

this has to end soon and we have to have an apology from this company and they have to help pay our bills from all of the surgeries and, buying abdominal binders, pain meds, ER visits, hospital bills, having to buy walkers, canes, support stockings, laxatives, laxatives and more laxatives!!!!!!

wft? will it end soon? I live in hell everyday and night, cannot sleep, hurts to sit down and get up, walk, have sex with my husband, have a life.

thanks for listening everyone, I need to try to sleep now
hurt 4 ever by bard kugel

Flushing, NY

#2955 Mar 14, 2010
Raj wrote:
India is sick. America said uncle has cancer.
----------
It's true people reflect their nation.
what are you talking about? are you on the right website?

wtf?
Michael

Fort Myers, FL

#2956 Mar 15, 2010
hurt 4 ever by bard kugel wrote:
<quoted text>
what are you talking about? are you on the right website?
wtf?
Has any one gotten any updates, still cant afford the Pacer web sites. RId still hasnt posted any up dagtes Since January, even though they had the last pretrial meeting on the 5th of March WTF?
Howie

Washington, DC

#2957 Mar 15, 2010
PACER is a good website but it now just like other government websites they charge money.
Michael

Fort Myers, FL

#2958 Mar 15, 2010
Yes I know about Pacer, I cant afford it this month yes its only .08 cents a page its just I have not been able to work much do to the Mesh implants. Denied disability still fighting with them also. Im dyong for any onfo pls someone email me brennanone@msn.com
cindy15717

Pittsburgh, PA

#2959 Mar 16, 2010
hurt 4 ever by kugel bard wrote:
http://www.rid.uscourts.gov/MD L.asp
here is the main website where you can read the minutes, the agendas of the court, the meetings and court proceedings as well...I cannot wait for the public to find out all the details of the coverups and all the sugar coating the company has done.
The press will eat this up, and it is about time the truth came out
Thank you god!
But all the truth hasnt came out as of yet they wont fess up to all the deaths & injuries that the other davol Bard products caused & I am 1 of them 2006 2 of the ex meshes palnted to fix hernias well I waited to see when pain was leaving never did had surgery to have rings on mesh removed in 2008 I just found out I nearly died from another ahole surgeon mine isnt the ones with rings it is the EX that surgeon did a resection over 5 hours of surgery 4.5 days in critical care blood transfusions so much pain he cut into mesh made another hernia in my tummy then total 8.5 days in hospitol , i was to be in over night so figure the mistake this guy done too , I been in chronic pain as so many of you all & dont know where to turn I was scheduled to have the hernia fixed the 8th of this month cause of all the pain & nausea doctor has his nurse call & cancel it said no way now 2 surgeons telling me probably would die on their table so they wont touch me People needs to do something as they do a whitehouse protest to stop these companys from causing injuries & killing people
I found 15 pages of other people with exact numbers of many of you But FDA Continues to cover Davols ass letting them use them bout page 138 or so I put a place to go find them please I bet lots of you have them bescause they are not on recall we are just complainers & numbers to these people
sorry for venting but right now I am so sick from this mesh & in pain I would be better off just going to sleep . I feel as if I am a burden on my family too.
Michael

Fort Myers, FL

#2960 Mar 16, 2010
cindy15717 wrote:
<quoted text>
But all the truth hasnt came out as of yet they wont fess up to all the deaths & injuries that the other davol Bard products caused & I am 1 of them 2006 2 of the ex meshes palnted to fix hernias well I waited to see when pain was leaving never did had surgery to have rings on mesh removed in 2008 I just found out I nearly died from another ahole surgeon mine isnt the ones with rings it is the EX that surgeon did a resection over 5 hours of surgery 4.5 days in critical care blood transfusions so much pain he cut into mesh made another hernia in my tummy then total 8.5 days in hospitol , i was to be in over night so figure the mistake this guy done too , I been in chronic pain as so many of you all & dont know where to turn I was scheduled to have the hernia fixed the 8th of this month cause of all the pain & nausea doctor has his nurse call & cancel it said no way now 2 surgeons telling me probably would die on their table so they wont touch me People needs to do something as they do a whitehouse protest to stop these companys from causing injuries & killing people
I found 15 pages of other people with exact numbers of many of you But FDA Continues to cover Davols ass letting them use them bout page 138 or so I put a place to go find them please I bet lots of you have them bescause they are not on recall we are just complainers & numbers to these people
sorry for venting but right now I am so sick from this mesh & in pain I would be better off just going to sleep . I feel as if I am a burden on my family too.
Cindy the EX is part of the Kugel mesh lawsuit it was added on by the judge in Rhode Island Federal District cOURT. hANG IN THERE
Joyce Merrick

Elkton, KY

#2961 Mar 16, 2010
Does anyone know if there is a problem with the Paritex Mesh thats the name of the kind my son has in him.
Howie

Washington, DC

#2962 Mar 16, 2010
Joyce Merrick wrote:
Does anyone know if there is a problem with the Paritex Mesh thats the name of the kind my son has in him.
NO NO and NO!!

Parietex so far does not appear to have problems. What kind of problem does your son have?

However, Parietex is quite new and there could be long term problems, but not like UltraPro. I would see one of the surgeons I suggested.
Dr. Shirin Towfigh,
Dr. Peter S. Billing
etc. etc.
Dr. Kevin Petersen in LV
Dr. Clark Gerhart in PA
Michael

Fort Myers, FL

#2963 Mar 16, 2010
Yeah finally they posted the February meeting agenda for Kugel MESH, DIDNT REALLY LIKE THE OPINION OF THE JUDGE OR THE LAWYERS WANTING TO HOLD UP THE 100,000 DOCUMENTS THAT WERE NOT VERIFIED BUT OH WELL ITS A START SHE REALLY IS A DUMP BROAD OF COURSE IN MY OPINION. BUT AT LEAST THE WHITFIELD FAMILY CAN SEE THERE DAY IN COURT.
Michael

Fort Myers, FL

#2964 Mar 16, 2010
Im usually not this negative but the Kugel Mesh really messed me up.
cindy15717

Pittsburgh, PA

#2965 Mar 16, 2010
Howie wrote:
<quoted text>
NO NO and NO!!
Parietex so far does not appear to have problems. What kind of problem does your son have?
However, Parietex is quite new and there could be long term problems, but not like UltraPro. I would see one of the surgeons I suggested.
Dr. Shirin Towfigh,
Dr. Peter S. Billing
etc. etc.
Dr. Kevin Petersen in LV
Dr. Clark Gerhart in PA
Howie do you know where Dr Clark Gerhart Practices in Pa
snoopyrhoades@yahoo.com
Michael

Fort Myers, FL

#2966 Mar 16, 2010
Dave wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to but in on your response, but watchful waiting is appropriate to some extent. I usually recommend this for people with pain but not physical findings of a hernia or barely present. With palpable hernias you may want to consider having these repaired. Most patients I see fixate on the pain of the hernia as the reason for repair when they don't realize that the real problem with hernia is occasional incarceration of intestine into the hernia defect. It would be obvious to you if this happens with severe pain and a bulge that you can't push back in. Intestinal loops are pliable and surprisingly can slip into smaller hernias. This can lead to a much bigger operation to fix. A paper was published that looked at watchful waiting with the conclusion that most patients will have symptoms prior to bowel incarceration. Another paper showed another surgeons experience where this was not always the case. Point being that this can sometimes be unpredictable. Surgery in this case is not as straight forward as say breast cancer where if you don't have it the disease will progress and you will die. With hernias your playing the odds. They are in your favor, but again unpredictable. With bilateral hernias the easiest surgery on you would be a laparoscopic approach, usually TEP. If you have simple indirect hernia sacs repair with a lightweight polyproplyene such as Atrium C-QUR ProLite or Parietex. I use Rebound HRD for larger direct defects. Absorbatack, Tisseel, or BioGlue works well for fixation. Bassini, McVay are doable, but painful. The people that promote the surgeon who uses a McVay only repair don't realize that he probably makes more money off of them since his overhead costs are significantly reduced. Stay away from the plug and patch (not needed). Hope this helps
Dave be very careful of some people on this forum, either docs drumming up business for themselves or what ever just do what you feel is the right thing and if you decide on Surgery tell your surgeon not to use any thing by Bard or Davol.
Restaurant Man

Las Vegas, NV

#2967 Mar 16, 2010
I had a McVay repair by Dr. Kevin Petersen and had little pain after. Hey Dave, so what if overhead costs are less? What difference is it to you if works?
Joyce Merrick

Elkton, KY

#2968 Mar 17, 2010
Howie wrote:
<quoted text>
NO NO and NO!!
Dr. Shirin Towfigh,
Dr. Peter S. Billing
etc. etc.
Dr. Kevin Petersen in LV
Dr. Clark Gerhart in PA
He has had pain in the abdomen since it was put it, he now has a bulging area in about the same place as the other hernias were and it hurts him quite a bit. He has had burning and pain in the areas where the mesh was attatched.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Health Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Good sex after breast cancer treatment (Mar '13) 7 min kateB4u 7
News Feds suspect 5% of those getting laser eye surg... (Apr '08) 54 min Eyesee 16
News Locating Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis (Sep '10) 2 hr Aleister12 4
News The Vibes Tribes Gather For 20th Anniversary Year 2 hr American Gentlema... 2
News Pregnancy Symptoms - 12 Very Early Symptoms of ... (Jun '07) 4 hr BiiBii9419 6,428
News Three important steps to take during a denture ... (Oct '14) 4 hr lillysedrick 8
News Appalachia gripped by hepatitis C epidemic, bra... 5 hr Wow 50
More from around the web