Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns ...

Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns of Death and Serious Healt...

There are 8240 comments on the PRWeb story from Feb 4, 2007, titled Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns of Death and Serious Healt.... In it, PRWeb reports that:

Patients should review the latest recall information to see if they have been implanted with the recalled device and seek medical attention if symptoms such as unexplained or persistent abdominal pain, fever, ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at PRWeb.

wolf99

AOL

#2276 Jun 2, 2009
Hi to any and all, welcome to the world of hernia mesh poison (my own words) call it what you want until the truth comes out if it ever does!!!!!!!I have been doing more research; mostly with patentstorm and other patent sites. Plus Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. for those that don't know what piece of plastic,is in them look up these two words, Polypropylene and polyethylene, in the Wikipedia encyclopedia. These two plastic's make almost everything from car dashboards,that crack in the sun; PVC Piping, that gets brittle in the high hot sun, breaks in ex-low cold temps. the gray pvc conduit is for electrical wiring. which when heated is flexable to shape into angles. But also hernia mesh patches, female sanitary napkins, baby diapers, fabric softern sheets for the dryer( which is loaded with hidden chems, when heated in the dryer,to soften clothing.(look up this word quaternary ammonium biocides-anti-bacterial agents, added to plastic- plus look up oleamide, these two chems are what this past spring was to have been leached into water/food containers that are made from POLYPROPYLENE. check out this site, http://www.physorg.com here is another site for female's that have had TRANSVAGINAL Mesh. http://naturalhealthnews.blogspot.com/2009/03... even the house hold product the swiffer duster is made from this stuff. just go to patentstorm.com and type this stuff in. I guess because it's all around us on the outside of our bodies; and someone made their millions they figure why not inside the body to make more millions. I guess someone figured it would be great inside the body also but so wrong!!!!!!!!!!It's like a Sham Wow.{Like Paul Harvey use to say my idol} ; GOOD DAY!
Swimmer

Bremerton, WA

#2277 Jun 2, 2009
Haven't heard from the MD on this board. He was touting Rebound HRD but I can't find much info on it. He also like Parietex. Does anyone know who he was?
wolf99

AOL

#2279 Jun 2, 2009
Swimmer wrote:
Haven't heard from the MD on this board. He was touting Rebound HRD but I can't find much info on it. He also like Parietex. Does anyone know who he was?
Swimmmer 06/02/09; Hey check this site out on your parietex, it is right here on topix under hernia forum titled parietex mesh dated Feb.08 that is where I just found about the litigation moves forward story that was posted 05/27/09.
Donald

Chesterfield, MO

#2280 Jun 2, 2009
Parietex is not in litagation. Not sure what your talking about, but it's the Kugel Patch
carol korisher

Chambersburg, PA

#2282 Jun 3, 2009
has thre been a recall on parietex mess?
wolf99

AOL

#2283 Jun 3, 2009
carol korisher wrote:
has thre been a recall on parietex mess?
No Not at this time.
kaissi from london

Coventry, UK

#2284 Jun 5, 2009
please help in 2008 i had a second op to repair an insitional hernia derived from an op to remove gall bladder. i was admitted to hospital 6 days later as pain was bad and red patch and swelling of abdo, dr said it was heamatoma and will get better a year later im still in pain especially after i eat or bend. had op to drain seroma(fluid) but this has come back, i dont know why pain is so bad and would welcome suggestions. prolene mesh was used, also pain in left leg since op dont know if it is connected.
Wolf99

AOL

#2285 Jun 5, 2009
See the Planter's Peanut is back to judge thing's must not be able to handle the truth.Or know how to use these site's.
kaissi london

Coventry, UK

#2286 Jun 6, 2009
Wolf99 wrote:
See the Planter's Peanut is back to judge thing's must not be able to handle the truth.Or know how to use these site's.
that was very helpful NOT, must be because im british. tell me how does one use this site?
Anonymous

Peru, IN

#2287 Jun 6, 2009
kaissi from london wrote:
please help in 2008 i had a second op to repair an insitional hernia derived from an op to remove gall bladder. i was admitted to hospital 6 days later as pain was bad and red patch and swelling of abdo, dr said it was heamatoma and will get better a year later im still in pain especially after i eat or bend. had op to drain seroma(fluid) but this has come back, i dont know why pain is so bad and would welcome suggestions. prolene mesh was used, also pain in left leg since op dont know if it is connected.
I may be wrong but I don't think I am here. Prolene hernia mesh was recalled a few years back because of counterfit meshes hitting the market. Even if your mesh is not one of the counterfit ones, it is still a bad product. I have read what you said and feel your pain. In my opinion, it sounds as if the mesh inside of you has adhered to you bowel and may be creating a slight blockage, which would create your pain after eating. Not that it would help, but you should seek a round of imaging studies, they may not be able to see the mesh, but if you infoem them that you feel that the mesh is the root of your problem, they can focus in on that. Also you shouls have a GI Series done to make sure there is no blockage or how sever it may be if there is one.
Good luck and let us know how you are doing.
Wolf99

AOL

#2288 Jun 7, 2009
kaissi london wrote:
<quoted text>
that was very helpful NOT, must be because im british. tell me how does one use this site?
Hi, Kaissi which site do you want???
Michelle

Bremerton, WA

#2289 Jun 7, 2009
The Hernia MD that appears on Dr. Goodyears board is arrogant. He is short and abrupt with many people. I think he gets money along with Dr. Goodyear for promoting Ethicon products.
Dave

Rapid City, SD

#2290 Jun 7, 2009
kaissi from london wrote:
You may have a recurrent hernia. Contrary to popular belief on this forum, it is probably not simply your "mesh". Schedule an appointment to see a surgeon. You don't need G.I. series. A CT scan of your upper abdomen may be helpful if examination is nondiagnostic. If you are found to have a recurrent hernia, a laparoscopic approach may be beneficial especially for a redo operation, and may avoid a large incision with bigger risk of hematoma/seroma/wound infection.

Since: Jun 09

Coventry, UK

#2291 Jun 7, 2009
thank you for your replys it helps to know
someone is listening i will take on board the advice, i meet with a surgeon on 19th and will pass on this advice. i shall keep you informed. im from england and do not know much about this condition, it seems it is something that is hidden. thank you again
Nicole

Metairie, LA

#2292 Jun 8, 2009
I recently had umbilical hernia repair and incisional hernia repair. I was told the DR used the poly mesh. My surgery was on 4/20/09. Four weeks later I had severe pain. During the night the infection ate a dime size hole in my scar leaking blood/puss. I went to the Er and was admitted with staph infection. I am still leaking today.. has anyone else had complications from this mesh?? Searching the net it seems staph is the number one post op complication. I am sick and tired of my way of life being altered. I have to pack my wound three times a day..
Nicole

Metairie, LA

#2293 Jun 8, 2009
Any advise?? The mesh is still in and I am currently on cipro 500mg. Thanks
Dave

Belle Fourche, SD

#2296 Jun 9, 2009
Nicole wrote:
Any advise?? The mesh is still in and I am currently on cipro 500mg. Thanks
Wound infections can occur regardless of whether mesh was placed. The problem is that once you develop a mesh infection, it is very difficult (if not impossible) to completely clear this infection. If your mesh was placed below the muscle and tendinous portion of your abdominal wall you may be OK and this infection will probably clear fairly quickly. If the mesh was placed above, you may have to have this removed. Keep in very close contact with your original surgeon.
Renee

Bremerton, WA

#2297 Jun 9, 2009
(1)What is the success rate of taking out a mesh that is giving you problems for some reason and doing a "stitch" repair? The reason I ask this is that one individual had gone to see Dr. Ramshaw and that is exactly what he did for another individual on this TOPIX

(2)If a person rejects Marlex, is he likely to reject any of the lighter weight meshes or even Parietex?
Todd

United States

#2299 Jun 12, 2009
Missouri Healthcare is at the University of Missouri
Sheri

Frankenmuth, MI

#2300 Jun 12, 2009
Has anyone had to pay for their mesh removal surgery on their own? I was just wondering cause I have to try to get the money for surgery myself because my insurance wont allow me to go out of state. It sux!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Health Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bill would more than triple Nebraska's cigarett... 1 hr fred 2
News Can exercise improve back pain (Aug '13) 9 hr ChattChiro 66
eye massager 13 hr Yube 1
News Knee Replacements with DePuy (Feb '10) 14 hr No name 105
News Autopsy shows 26-year-old man likely died from ... (Mar '10) 14 hr Preacher 2
News President Obama to provide federal funding for ... (Dec '11) 19 hr Grecian Formula 16 5
News A winner in GOP plans to repeal Obamacare: tann... 20 hr CodeTalker 1
News Pregnancy Symptoms - 12 Very Early Symptoms of ... (Jun '07) Wed Mallen 7,167
More from around the web