UMCP may be latest school to cover sex-change surgery

Jan 12, 2014 Full story: The Baltimore Sun 16

Students at the University of Maryland, College Park could have the cost of sex-change surgery covered by their health insurance next school year, joining a nationwide trend of private- and public-sector employers offering the benefit.

Full Story

“Can't help being fabulous”

Since: Dec 10

Sparkle <3

#1 Jan 12, 2014
brilliant step forward!
Dimitri

Dnepropetrovsk, Ukraine

#2 Jan 12, 2014
How do decent Americans feel about their health care premiums going up to pay for queer's sex-change operations?

“Equality marches on! ”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#3 Jan 12, 2014
Dimitri wrote:
How do decent Americans feel about their health care premiums going up to pay for queer's sex-change operations?
Why do you care, you are in the Ukraine? Besides, where did you read that the costs would go up? American taxpayers have been taking care of your alter who has been on government assistance ever since starting to post on Topix over six years ago.

“Equality marches on! ”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#5 Jan 12, 2014
As you can see, I am Absolutely correct!!
Abe

Absecon, NJ

#6 Jan 12, 2014
Dimitri wrote:
I had a great health plan at work that my company paid for almost exclusively until Obama f*cked it up and my company had to stop offering that plan. Now I'm forced to buy one of Obama's crappy plans which costs me three times as much.

Sounds like this new sex change crap will make it go up even more.

Thanks Obama!

Since: Mar 07

Rhoadesville, VA

#7 Jan 12, 2014
Abe wrote:
<quoted text>
I had a great health plan at work that my company paid for almost exclusively until Obama f*cked it up and my company had to stop offering that plan. Now I'm forced to buy one of Obama's crappy plans which costs me three times as much.
Why blame Obama for your company's decision? the only plans that were actually discontinues under the ACA were those that were miserable, and below the legal limit for such things.
Christaliban

Philadelphia, PA

#9 Jan 12, 2014
Abe wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Obama!
I don't think you understand the ACA well enough to tell a plausible, racist lie.

It primarily affects those who do not have health insurance through their workplace. It doesn't require that much in terms of making employers cover certain, minimum things.

Since: Aug 11

Scotts Valley, CA

#11 Jan 13, 2014
Kesla15 wrote:
brilliant step forward!
Indeed.

Scotts Valley, CA

#12 Jan 13, 2014
Look at the self-hating trolls venting their venom. ROTFLMAO.

Scotts Valley, CA

#13 Jan 13, 2014
Abe wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Obama!
Statistics prove this to be the opposite. People living in denial actually drive up heath care costs with therapy, drugs as well as suicide attempts and other self-destructive behaviors. It is actually much cheaper to cover sex change costs.

Scotts Valley, CA

#14 Jan 13, 2014
Absolutely wrote:
<quoted text>
It's another sad day in America when normal decent people can't afford health insurance because they let queers abuse the system to appease their perversion.
We can assume you think of yourself as a decent person.

Why are you such a busybody then? Your hated of other people shows your character to be deeply flawed.
Jesus Latter Day Taint

Philadelphia, PA

#15 Jan 13, 2014
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
We can assume you think of yourself as a decent person.
I'd assume just the opposite. These obsessional homophobes and trolls aren't manifesting healthy self esteem.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#16 Jan 13, 2014
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Why blame Obama for your company's decision?
2. the only plans that were actually discontinues under the ACA were those that were miserable, and below the legal limit for such things.
1. True, it is a company decision.
2. False. Many companies chose to discontinue health care coverage because it was cheaper for them to give an employee a $500 or so monthly credit than it was to pay $1,500 for their family plan. The employee will pay more on the exchange unless he or she is low income and qualify for a subsidy.
Gremlin

Louisville, KY

#17 Jan 14, 2014
Dimitri wrote:
There is a difference between a transexual and a homosexual, you idiot.

Scotts Valley, CA

#18 Jan 14, 2014
Jesus Latter Day Taint wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd assume just the opposite. These obsessional homophobes and trolls aren't manifesting healthy self esteem.
Also true but in denial of the underlying self esteem issues.

Scotts Valley, CA

#19 Jan 14, 2014
That was a rhetorical question which will be ignored as usual at these trolls are simply venting.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Health Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I'm a 13 year old boy and I'm really hairy HELP... 42 min Gofnof 1
B-12 and Lipotropic Injections for Weight Loss (Jun '06) 1 hr nancy 4,701
Vaccines and Autism 1 hr friend 7
CO2 Alzheimer's Link (Aug '12) 1 hr Skull Crushed Mor... 102
Bourbon County smoke-free advocates push for sm... (Nov '11) 1 hr Daryl 241
Sam's Club Launches Electronic Medical Record (... (Apr '09) 2 hr One way or another 3
Medical transportation and limousine taxi services 4 hr Lataxi 1
Pregnancy Symptoms - 12 Very Early Symptoms of ... (Jun '07) Thu Cece 6,016
More from around the web