Girl getting long-awaited lung transplant

Jun 12, 2013 Full story: WGAL-TV Lancaster 7

Sarah Murnaghan, a 10-year-old Pennsylvania girl with cystic fibrosis whose family fought to have her prioritized for adult organs, is getting a new set of lungs, her family told CNN on Wednesday.

Full Story

Since: Apr 07

ridgefarm Il

#1 Jun 12, 2013
Good! As far as I'm concerned, they should have taken the lung from secretary sebelius
Root

Shreveport, LA

#2 Jun 13, 2013
Tom Loy wrote:
Good! As far as I'm concerned, they should have taken the lung from secretary sebelius
Agree 100%

Some things need to be taken care of right away and ebelius should be thrown from office for not doing so..among other things she "has" done.

Good to see you posting again. Keep it up Tom!

ridgefarm Il

#3 Jun 14, 2013
Its good to be posting. Had to have a hernia operation and I was a bit preoccupied with that.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#4 Jun 14, 2013
Wow, hope everything is ok.

ridgefarm Il

#5 Jun 15, 2013
Root wrote:
Wow, hope everything is ok.
Oh yeah, everything is hunky dory now.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#6 Jun 15, 2013
Tom Loy wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yeah, everything is hunky dory now.
Good deal
WhoDoesNOTgetOne Now

Bryn Mawr, PA

#7 Jun 29, 2013
Tom Loy wrote:
No, they should've taken the lungs from the many CONservatives and faux Republicans out there that look for any reason to jump on the Obama administration.

She made the right call period. First there are rules and procedures in place to take out the human element and save time. These are thought out in advance to avoid debates and waste time. Also stops human bureaucrats from playing god. Then as a true conservative why would anyone want a government bureaucrat making a decision like this.

People as in plural died for this girl to get TWO sets of lungs, not one. And at least one of them was an adult set of lungs. At least one adult is still on the least waiting for a transplant.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/national-internati...

Also why was the family so secretative about the second set when they cried publically for the first set. Strings werent' pulled or rules were bent or broke for the second set???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Health Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
African-American men, transgender women hit har... 22 min Give a Hoot Burn ... 9
Health care exchanges, tax credits are availabl... 1 hr JEngdahlJ 1
Should the U.S. Do More to Address the Ebola Ou... 1 hr Liberal forever 139
Navigating the Holidays When You Have Depression 2 hr Kal 1
Suisun council considers smoking ban at public ... 6 hr N8 the Grrr8 6
Survey: Civilian Psychologists Struggle To Trea... 6 hr HumanSpirit 3
You could say this poll is smoking hot 7 hr N8 the Grrr8 6
Pregnancy Symptoms - 12 Very Early Symptoms of ... (Jun '07) 13 hr Sheyla 5,991
A 25-year-old woman died in a private assessmen... 23 hr MERCK MAIMS KILLS 1
Flu vaccine less effective against mutant strain 23 hr MERCK MAIMS KILLS 1
Thanksgiving Blessings Found in Parenting an 'I... Mon VACCINES MAIM KILL 3
Ontario to restrict e-cigarettes like regular s... Mon Rabble 1

Health People Search