Disorder of neuronal circuits in auti...

Disorder of neuronal circuits in autism is reversible, new study suggests

There are 3 comments on the Science Daily story from Sep 14, 2012, titled Disorder of neuronal circuits in autism is reversible, new study suggests. In it, Science Daily reports that:

Peter Scheiffele and Kaspar Vogt, Professors at the Biozentrum of the University of Basel, have identified a specific dysfunction in neuronal circuits that is caused by autism.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Science Daily.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#1 Sep 14, 2012
"Autism is a hereditary developmental disorder of the brain. A central risk factor for the development of autism are numerous mutations in over 300 genes that have been identified, including the gene neuroligin-3, which is involved in the formation of synapses, the contact junction between nerve cells"

If it took an RX reactivate the production of neuroligin-3, and reduce some of the symptoms of autism, I'm all for it. Those with things like Parkinson's disease can only hope for such medical advancements.
Tammy

Bronx, NY

#2 Sep 14, 2012
I think I saw something like this on the EmploymentNurses-dot-com website recently.
Pharma Maims Kills

Winnipeg, Canada

#3 Sep 14, 2012
friend wrote:
"Autism is a hereditary developmental disorder of the brain. A central risk factor for the development of autism are numerous mutations in over 300 genes that have been identified, including the gene neuroligin-3, which is involved in the formation of synapses, the contact junction between nerve cells"
If it took an RX reactivate the production of neuroligin-3, and reduce some of the symptoms of autism, I'm all for it. Those with things like Parkinson's disease can only hope for such medical advancements.
Blah Blah quit making factual statements about hypothetical science.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Health Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Myth Busted: Autism Is Not Caused By MMR Vaccine 7 min friend 68
News Residential school report just the beginning of... 11 min Trail of Tears 1
News Pregnancy Symptoms - 12 Very Early Symptoms of ... (Jun '07) 5 hr meme 6,337
News Autism Fast Facts 6 hr NEVER THE SAME 20
News Dr. Andrew Wakefield reveals shocking news abou... 6 hr NEVER THE SAME 17
Nudity at doctor's office (Mar '07) 8 hr anonymous 57
News Premature Ejaculation and Injuries (Oct '11) 9 hr Calvin 11
More from around the web