Why are we waging a war on wheat?

Oct 8, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CBC News

An increasing number of books, blogs and celebrities have fingered wheat as the cause of a variety of conditions, from obesity to heart disease, as well as a host of digestive issues.

Comments (Page 4)

Showing posts 61 - 80 of127
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Sep 13

Rochester, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

I think in the end we'll find the healthy thing for most people (unless you have celiac disease) is somewhere more in the middle. We eat a lot of wheat - a lot of carbs. There are plenty of longliving cultures like the Sardinians and Greeks who eat lots of bread. So eating some isn't bad per se. It's just how much we eat overall. So this trend may be a healthy thing for helping us all pull back more and explore alternatives to just lots of wheat in our diet. Also, I hope it helps bring a resurgence of growing some of the older forms of wheat that may not have the same health problems associated with it.
Lonnie

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

BENNY wrote:
http://www.rense.com/general52 /msg.htm
http://www.magtruth.org/autism.htm
Seems the common denominator is glutamine. Wheat contains it even if its no longer used for MSG. Inject MSG in a vaccine , you get an obvious allergic reaction then when you eat it, our gut which is part of our immune system, has a reaction.
Good reading.
Lonnie

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

Wheat ugh wrote:
<quoted text> The gluten content has increased as they cross bred varieties to make they able to grow in tough areas and be safe from pests. For every action there's a reaction, sometimes the reaction is worse. There are many examples. But to say gluten free is an invention of celebrities and is a fag is laughable. We were tols anorexia is caused by celebrities and models, and young women wanted to immulate. We were not tols anorexia is a common, recognized vaccine side effect during safety teating, and there are a number of vaccines that have that side effect. No we can't dis wheat or vaccines because then we aren't being good little sheeple.
Interesting
no link

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2013

Judged:

Vaccines Autism wrote:
<quoted text> http://portland.indymedia.org/en/2013/01/4214... read this du-fus
Actually that case involved "a Vaccine Table Injury, namely, an encephalopathy". The claims of a link to Autism were unproven and irrelevant to the pay-out.

Meanwhile:
"The MMR vaccine controversy centered around the 1998 publication of a fraudulent research paper in the medical journal The Lancet that lent support to the subsequently discredited theory that colitis and autism spectrum disorders could be caused by the combined measles, mumps and rubella (MMR) vaccine.
Investigations by Sunday Times journalist Brian Deer revealed that Wakefield had multiple undeclared conflicts of interest,[2][3] had manipulated evidence,[4] and had broken other ethical codes. The Lancet paper was partially retracted in 2004 and fully retracted in 2010, and Wakefield was found guilty by the General Medical Council of serious professional misconduct in May 2010 and was struck off the Medical Register, meaning he could no longer practice as a doctor."

But but but "I read it on the internet!!!" ... Dufus indeed.

Since: Jul 12

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2013

Judged:

No link indeed wrote:
<quoted text>
In case you missed it, take off the tinfoil had and read some information from a credible source...
http://briandeer.com/mmr-lancet.htm
Quit spouting your BS and get with the times freak show. The autism/MMR thing has been debunked.
Of course it has, and long ago too!
Hell the doctor that wrote the original "report" fully admitted to falsifying the results.
But the morons out there would rather listen to brainless idiots like Jenny Mcarthy, rather than actual, sound, Scientific reports that disagree with thier idiotic position.
They don't want debate or actual information, they want an echo-chamber where like minded 'tards parrot back the same nonsense over and over again.
Honestly, I feel nothing but pity for them.
MORON FORUM

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2013

Judged:

What morons. Don't know squat except what you've been fed at the DUH trough.

Since: Dec 11

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2013

Judged:

TheScotsman wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course it has, and long ago too!
Hell the doctor that wrote the original "report" fully admitted to falsifying the results.
But the morons out there would rather listen to brainless idiots like Jenny Mcarthy, rather than actual, sound, Scientific reports that disagree with thier idiotic position.
They don't want debate or actual information, they want an echo-chamber where like minded 'tards parrot back the same nonsense over and over again.
Honestly, I feel nothing but pity for them.
Anyone with at least a bit of education knows that. Sadly these people only read what aligns with their world view and disregard the rest.
Which is a shame since what aligns with their world view is 99% pure, unadulterated BS.
This Means

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2013

Judged:

Peter Ross wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone with at least a bit of education knows that. Sadly these people only read what aligns with their world view and disregard the rest.
Which is a shame since what aligns with their world view is 99% pure, unadulterated BS.
Ever heard of wearing someone else's shoes for a day? Instead of being a sheep, try investigating the possibility they are right and your immediate (media taught) belief is wrong. Its too easy to side with the common rumour and mentally lazy too. Make you look dumb.
ha ha

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2013

Judged:

This Means wrote:
<quoted text> Ever heard of wearing someone else's shoes for a day? Instead of being a sheep, try investigating the possibility they are right and your immediate (media taught) belief is wrong. Its too easy to side with the common rumour and mentally lazy too. Make you look dumb.
So you believed those moronic internet rumors, and you are calling other people mentally lazy and dumb?
WARNING FDA APPROVED

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2013

Judged:

ha ha wrote:
<quoted text>
So you believed those moronic internet rumors, and you are calling other people mentally lazy and dumb?
Sorry, can you remove your head from your butt so I can hear you?
WARNING FDA APPROVED

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2013

Judged:

no link wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually that case involved "a Vaccine Table Injury, namely, an encephalopathy". The claims of a link to Autism were unproven and irrelevant to the pay-out.
Meanwhile:
"The MMR vaccine controversy centered around the 1998 publication of a fraudulent research paper in the medical journal The Lancet that lent support to the subsequently discredited theory that colitis and autism spectrum disorders could be caused by the combined measles, mumps and rubella (MMR) vaccine.
Investigations by Sunday Times journalist Brian Deer revealed that Wakefield had multiple undeclared conflicts of interest,[2][3] had manipulated evidence,[4] and had broken other ethical codes. The Lancet paper was partially retracted in 2004 and fully retracted in 2010, and Wakefield was found guilty by the General Medical Council of serious professional misconduct in May 2010 and was struck off the Medical Register, meaning he could no longer practice as a doctor."
But but but "I read it on the internet!!!" ... Dufus indeed.
Brian Deer hired by James Murdoch, Rupert Murdoch's son. Remember the Murdoch's hacking into phones and computers for news stories, invading privacy and committing offensive crimes? James hired Deer to get Wakefield. At the time James was on the board of GSK (GlaxoSmithKline) who made the MMR in question. A Vaccine Canada rejected for safety reasons and a vaccine they warned Britain not to use. Produced in Britain and they used it anyway. Followed by an autism outbreak. There's much more, by why waste it on closed minded #@%^&**

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2013

Judged:

This Means wrote:
<quoted text> Ever heard of wearing someone else's shoes for a day? Instead of being a sheep, try investigating the possibility they are right and your immediate (media taught) belief is wrong. Its too easy to side with the common rumour and mentally lazy too. Make you look dumb.
If there was actual, credible evidence supporting their position, I would most certainly consider the possibility.
Yet there isn't any.
Oh, and for the record, you're crackpot websites written by people who's education barely allows them to pump my gas, doesn't count. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2013

Judged:

WARNING FDA APPROVED wrote:
<quoted text> Sorry, can you remove your head from your butt so I can hear you?
Not only do you not have any credible evidence supporting your position, you simply insult people who HAVE actual information.
You are the perfect anti-vaxx ambassador. Clueless, insulting and puerile.
Keep up the good work!

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2013

Judged:

WARNING FDA APPROVED wrote:
<quoted text> Brian Deer hired by James Murdoch, Rupert Murdoch's son. Remember the Murdoch's hacking into phones and computers for news stories, invading privacy and committing offensive crimes? James hired Deer to get Wakefield. At the time James was on the board of GSK (GlaxoSmithKline) who made the MMR in question. A Vaccine Canada rejected for safety reasons and a vaccine they warned Britain not to use. Produced in Britain and they used it anyway. Followed by an autism outbreak. There's much more, by why waste it on closed minded #@%^&**
How DO people get this crazy anyway? Enviromental factors? Lead in the water?

In any case, I'm sure you'd make some Psychologist VERY happy. They'd have a lifetime of information from you!
CBC NEWS

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2013

Judged:

Peter Ross wrote:
<quoted text>
Not only do you not have any credible evidence supporting your position, you simply insult people who HAVE actual information.
You are the perfect anti-vaxx ambassador. Clueless, insulting and puerile.
Keep up the good work!
What a tool. Wallow in ignorance, its suits you.
This Means

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2013

Judged:

Peter Ross wrote:
<quoted text>
If there was actual, credible evidence supporting their position, I would most certainly consider the possibility.
Yet there isn't any.
Oh, and for the record, you're crackpot websites written by people who's education barely allows them to pump my gas, doesn't count. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...
Translation: DUH!
This Means

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2013

Judged:

Peter Ross wrote:
<quoted text>
How DO people get this crazy anyway? Enviromental factors? Lead in the water?
In any case, I'm sure you'd make some Psychologist VERY happy. They'd have a lifetime of information from you!
Mr know it all...Buh wah ha ha what a stooge!
no link

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

Judged:

http://skeptics.stackexchange.com/questions/1...

"Did a US court rule that the MMR vaccine causes autism?

No with regards to the specific ruling cited, and no in the broader sense since the U.S. Courts have previously ruled against the link.

The legalese can be tough to parse but the ruling is pretty clear that the respondent, in this case the Secretary of Health and Human Services agreed with the petitioners' claim that Ryan Mojabi suffered encephalitis as a result of the MMR vaccination .... "
no link

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

Judged:

The Toronto Star reported that Deer had "produced documentary evidence that Wakefield applied for a patent on a single-jab measles vaccine before his campaign against the MMR vaccine, raising questions about his motives"

(The Toronto Star is not owned by Rupert Murdoch.)

Wakefield sued Deer for libel. Then Wakefield, rather than proving his claim of libel, asked for the suit to be suspended. The judge ruled that Wakefield had no evident ability to prove his claim and was simply using the existence of his lawsuit as a public relations exercise and a deterrent to further criticism. Wakefield had to drop his suit and pay all defendants' legal costs.

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

Judged:

CBC NEWS wrote:
<quoted text> What a tool. Wallow in ignorance, its suits you.
Thanks for confirming!
No evidence, no facts, just insane crackpot tin-foil-hat theories and insults. Just as I said.

The ignorance here, is squarely in your corner.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 61 - 80 of127
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••