Why are we waging a war on wheat?

Oct 8, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CBC News

An increasing number of books, blogs and celebrities have fingered wheat as the cause of a variety of conditions, from obesity to heart disease, as well as a host of digestive issues.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 40 of127
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
CTV News

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31
Sep 19, 2013
 
Sam in Kenosha wrote:
I'm not waging war against wheat. Wheat is waging war against me. Wheat causes an autoimmune response. When I eat wheat, rye or barley my body produces antibodies against my liver and my kidneys. My brother died of liver and kidney failure. Believe me If I could I'd continue to eat wheat. Wheat makes the best bread and the pizza crust is too die for. My brother just couldn't give it up. All celiac patients are different. The biochemical pathways are not well understood. But this is a real disease, not a fad. The most effective treatment at this time is dietary exclusion. They're are other more nontraditional treatments with varied results. I won't tell you what that is because it's so bizarre you'll think I'm making it up.
it starts with MSG in vaccines. Do a search.
Monsanto sucks

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32
Sep 22, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Toxic GMO monsanto death crops

“Seriously guys...”

Since: May 12

The 'Shwa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33
Nov 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Brilliant wrote:
<quoted text> Get all your vaccines?
Do you understand the difference between food and a virus? Better yet, do you even understand what a vaccine is?
Vaccines Cantain MSG

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34
Nov 6, 2013
 
Whisgean Zoda wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you understand the difference between food and a virus? Better yet, do you even understand what a vaccine is?
Some common vaccines contain MSG a wheat derivative. Inject that and its instant allergies and likely gluten intolerance.

“Seriously guys...”

Since: May 12

The 'Shwa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36
Nov 6, 2013
 
Vaccines Cantain MSG wrote:
<quoted text> Some common vaccines contain MSG a wheat derivative. Inject that and its instant allergies and likely gluten intolerance.
*facepalm* MSG is not a wheat derivative. It's one of the most abundant, naturally occuring amino acids. Gluten is a protein found in grains like wheat, barley and rye.
There is also no clear consensus as to processed MSG sensitivity while gluten allergies are well documented. The two often get confused though because the symptoms are almost identical, although generally differing in severity.

The vast bulk of processed MSG that's produced today comes from sugar beets and Monsanto controls about 90% of the sugar beet market.

I had my vaccinations before the days of genetically modifying foods with individual gene manipulation. Most if not all people my age had their shots. None of us had these weird peanut and wheat and soy allergies.
Could it be that the MSG that's produced today from Monsanto's sugar beet empire contains Roundup or elements thereof? Or is it that processed MSG, like so many food products, becomes altered as a result of processing.
Natural MSG is also found in foods like corn, green peas, grapes, mushrooms and tomatoes yet I've never met a person who claimed they were sensitive to MSG stay away from those foods.

I find it odd that my generation had their vaccinations with no real health issues, never mind ones that seem to becoming epidemic, while those in the last 20 years seem to be allergic to all kinds of foods and/or proteins.
The only two things that have changed dramatically are the advent of factory farms, and chemical companies(yes Monsanto IS a chemcial company) F*CKING WITH OUR FOOD SUPPLY. All in the idiotic cause of stemming a non-existent food shortage.

Look folks, don't let the wool get pulled over your eyes. Despite the 7 billion people we have, this planet is still capable of producing more than enough food for every man, woman and child. The shortages come from the distribution side of things. "Volunteers" and official distributors stealing food for themselves to keep or to sell for profit. It's estimated that in India alone, more than 40% of the food aid sent doesn't make it to the north where it's supposed to go.
Then there's the despots in countries like the DPRK or several African countries where food aid doesn't get anywhere near the people who need it.

The fast food dumps and restaurant industry that wastes more food in a day than several countries produce themselves in a year.

So I guess technically there is a food shortage, but it sure ain't because there's a shortage of production. Producing more isn't going to improve the distribution end of things.
liquidcool

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#37
Nov 7, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I heard on the news a medical study proved that the processing of wheat to make the junk foods is what causes problems. Natural wheat unprocessed like found in whole wheat bread shouldn't cause any health problems. Just like sugar cane doesn't cause diabetes, but once they process it into sugar it does in all the soda drinks that people drink

Since: Jul 12

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#38
Nov 7, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Gluten Intolerance wrote:
Its because its true.
No, it's not.
Not even remotely true. There are ZERO actual, Scientific studies to support that asinine claim. Not. One.
Sure there are plenty of crackpot websites and "experts" who's diplomas were bought from a diploma mill, but they don't actually count.

Sorry, facts trump BS every time.

Since: Jul 12

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39
Nov 7, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

liquidcool wrote:
I heard on the news a medical study proved that the processing of wheat to make the junk foods is what causes problems. Natural wheat unprocessed like found in whole wheat bread shouldn't cause any health problems. Just like sugar cane doesn't cause diabetes, but once they process it into sugar it does in all the soda drinks that people drink
Then cite the study.

See? so many of you are quick to quote "medical studies" or "Scientific papers" yet when push comes to shove, NONE of you can find ANY verifiable, credible literature that backs up your asinine claims.
And for good reason...
liquidcool

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#40
Nov 7, 2013
 

Judged:

1

TheScotsman wrote:
<quoted text>
Then cite the study.
See? so many of you are quick to quote "medical studies" or "Scientific papers" yet when push comes to shove, NONE of you can find ANY verifiable, credible literature that backs up your asinine claims.
And for good reason...
No need, we have been thriving off of wheat for thousands of years of civilization. If it was so bad how come it is a staple of the human race? The only issues is the past 30 years with all the chemicals and crap they put into the wheat products, and wheat is getting blamed. Check the ingredients list on the box of what you are eating before you blame any tummy aches on wheat.

Since: Jul 12

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#41
Nov 7, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

liquidcool wrote:
<quoted text>
No need, we have been thriving off of wheat for thousands of years of civilization. If it was so bad how come it is a staple of the human race? The only issues is the past 30 years with all the chemicals and crap they put into the wheat products, and wheat is getting blamed. Check the ingredients list on the box of what you are eating before you blame any tummy aches on wheat.
EXACTLY!
Human beings are successful as a species because we adapt very quickly to our surroundings. A woman in the UK has survived on an all (and I had to check but it's true) Mcdonalds chicken mcnugget diet.
That's ALL she eats. Three times a day, 365 days a year for the past 8 years.
Now, she's not what one would call the picture of health, but she IS functional. And at a biological level, that's ALL that is required.

The hysterical hyperbole from the uninformed crowd (I'm looking at you morons on the "paleo" diet) is only made worse because they are so very vocal about their ignorance.
LONNIE

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#42
Nov 7, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

TheScotsman wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it's not.
Not even remotely true. There are ZERO actual, Scientific studies to support that asinine claim. Not. One.
Sure there are plenty of crackpot websites and "experts" who's diplomas were bought from a diploma mill, but they don't actually count.
Sorry, facts trump BS every time.
so we should believe an asinine scotsman? Buh Wah Ha Ha don't think so.
BENNY

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#43
Nov 7, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

http://www.rense.com/general52/msg.htm
http://www.magtruth.org/autism.htm
Seems the common denominator is glutamine. Wheat contains it even if its no longer used for MSG. Inject MSG in a vaccine , you get an obvious allergic reaction then when you eat it, our gut which is part of our immune system, has a reaction.
BENNY

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#44
Nov 7, 2013
 
Gluten free and loving it

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#45
Nov 9, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I've been experiencing issues with certain foods for years but the effects were so mild that I didn't take realize why I was feeling the way I did. This past year was the worst and I was noticing itchy patches or areas of skin on my body, including small bumps here and there. Any time I would eat something containing wheat or gluten, I would have some abdominal discomfort and distention. Then came the achy joints. I didn't know if it was dairy and/or the wheat. My daughter who has psoriasis told me I probably have it too, but in a much milder form then she has. I also have Hashimoto's disease - Hypothyroidism, and she told me anyone with autoimmune disorders such as this, should be on a gluten free diet. I've been on it for a month now and I do notice a difference. I feel much better and not bloated like before. The achy joints disappeared too, as well as the itchiness and bumps. I'm telling you folks, for people like me, going gluten free is the best thing that I ever did for myself. I really don't miss the bread and cereals I use to enjoy because I feel so much better. It was all worth it. Whole grains are good for the average person, but not for me. I also believe that the way wheat and soy is processed in this country is not healthy and can make some or many people sick. For many, the effects may be so subtle, you may not even be aware that you may be gluten intolerant. I've lost some weight because I don't eat bread anymore. I do have a gluten free bagel every morning along with an egg or two. You just need to be careful about the gluten free goodies out there because they do have a lot of carbs. Just the same, it's great having access to these products. Some of the pastas can become mushy but there are a few that have almost the same consistency as regular pasta. This is a good thing since I love Spaghetti and meat sauce! Portion size is important as well as fruits and veggies.
BAD VACCINES

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#48
Nov 10, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

2

Brilliant wrote:
<quoted text> Get all your vaccines?
http://www.whale.to/vaccines/allergies.htm
BAD VACCINES

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#49
Nov 10, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Gluten free and loving it wrote:
I've been experiencing issues with certain foods for years but the effects were so mild that I didn't take realize why I was feeling the way I did. This past year was the worst and I was noticing itchy patches or areas of skin on my body, including small bumps here and there. Any time I would eat something containing wheat or gluten, I would have some abdominal discomfort and distention. Then came the achy joints. I didn't know if it was dairy and/or the wheat. My daughter who has psoriasis told me I probably have it too, but in a much milder form then she has. I also have Hashimoto's disease - Hypothyroidism, and she told me anyone with autoimmune disorders such as this, should be on a gluten free diet. I've been on it for a month now and I do notice a difference. I feel much better and not bloated like before. The achy joints disappeared too, as well as the itchiness and bumps. I'm telling you folks, for people like me, going gluten free is the best thing that I ever did for myself. I really don't miss the bread and cereals I use to enjoy because I feel so much better. It was all worth it. Whole grains are good for the average person, but not for me. I also believe that the way wheat and soy is processed in this country is not healthy and can make some or many people sick. For many, the effects may be so subtle, you may not even be aware that you may be gluten intolerant. I've lost some weight because I don't eat bread anymore. I do have a gluten free bagel every morning along with an egg or two. You just need to be careful about the gluten free goodies out there because they do have a lot of carbs. Just the same, it's great having access to these products. Some of the pastas can become mushy but there are a few that have almost the same consistency as regular pasta. This is a good thing since I love Spaghetti and meat sauce! Portion size is important as well as fruits and veggies.
http://www.whale.to/vaccines/a utoimmune1.htm
BAD VACCINES

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#50
Nov 10, 2013
 
Gluten free and loving it

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#51
Nov 10, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

BAD VACCINES wrote:
http://www.whale.to/vaccines/a utoimmune1.htm
Thank you so much for sharing this info. It's frightening to me to know that vaccines can cause these serious health concerns. I had a Tetanus shot almost 10 years ago and guess what, I recently found out that I have Macular Degeneration. My vision has been increasingly getting worse. I also get the flu shot every year. I've always had become so ill from the flu since I was a kid. X-rays showed my lungs look like a battlefield from so many years of chronic bronchitis. I know the flu shot has compounds that are probably very bad for most of us, but at the same time, I could never go through another bout of flu like I did 10 years ago. That one almost killed me. My daughter refuses to get the flu shot, but I don't know if I have much choice. I guess it's damned if I do and damned if I don't. It's like playing Russian Roulette. Again, thanks for sharing your info with me and others. It's greatly appreciated and I learned some things I didn't know before. Doctors will never tell you anything it seems and my doctor is trying to get me to have the Shingles vaccine. It's all too much imo.
VACCINE DE JOUR

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#52
Nov 10, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Gluten free and loving it wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you so much for sharing this info. It's frightening to me to know that vaccines can cause these serious health concerns. I had a Tetanus shot almost 10 years ago and guess what, I recently found out that I have Macular Degeneration. My vision has been increasingly getting worse. I also get the flu shot every year. I've always had become so ill from the flu since I was a kid. X-rays showed my lungs look like a battlefield from so many years of chronic bronchitis. I know the flu shot has compounds that are probably very bad for most of us, but at the same time, I could never go through another bout of flu like I did 10 years ago. That one almost killed me. My daughter refuses to get the flu shot, but I don't know if I have much choice. I guess it's damned if I do and damned if I don't. It's like playing Russian Roulette. Again, thanks for sharing your info with me and others. It's greatly appreciated and I learned some things I didn't know before. Doctors will never tell you anything it seems and my doctor is trying to get me to have the Shingles vaccine. It's all too much imo.
They push what pays the bills. If female it would be Gardasil. You might find this helpful too, and do a search of GcMAF http://www.betterhealthguy.com/gcmaf
Cull the weak

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#53
Nov 10, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

For any species, adverse circumstances cause a culling of the weak and preserve the quality of the species as a whole. Now modern life is pampering useless slobs who would have been culled in ages past. So we have people with severe allergies or gluten intolerance, who are basically "bubble boys", and if they are not culled, then they waste society's resources and degrade the species. They should not be suffered to exist and procreate.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of127
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

71 Users are viewing the Health Forum right now

Search the Health Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Udall: Problems with Gardner's birth control plan 1 hr whiffer 3
How employers can support workers during Ramadhan 3 hr Ganesh 9
Merck's MSD Pharma to create 800 jobs in India (Nov '08) 3 hr sunil tiwari 220
Fire at Bond Hill home causes major damage 4 hr Ho Lee Chyt 3
Get Rid of Herpes Naturally & Fast: Download PD... 5 hr Koketso 3
Woman Dozes Off, Tanning Bed Timer Fails (Apr '08) 8 hr Sun Screen 3
Bed-wetting blues: Millions of adults suffer, too (Feb '09) 10 hr bedwetter18 135
Pregnancy Symptoms - 12 Very Early Symptoms of ... (Jun '07) 14 hr nae 5,837
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••