Prostate cancer is affecting my sex life

Prostate cancer is affecting my sex life

There are 2 comments on the The Guardian story from Jul 22, 2013, titled Prostate cancer is affecting my sex life. In it, The Guardian reports that:

I'm having erectile difficulties because of my illness but am too shy to take it up with my doctor.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Guardian.

Josha Will

Mumbai, India

#1 Jul 22, 2013
Sex after prostate cancer can be deeply satisfying, but it may be different than it was before.

If your loved one didnít have any erection problems before treatment, he was probably able to become aroused without any touching or direct stimulation.

That may change after treatment.
Sweet Eater

Dundee, NY

#2 Jul 24, 2013
Josha Will wrote:
Sex after prostate cancer can be deeply satisfying, but it may be different than it was before.
If your loved one didnít have any erection problems before treatment, he was probably able to become aroused without any touching or direct stimulation.
That may change after treatment.
Depending on the treatment I would think and how serious the Cancer is? The choices are Prostrate removal, Radioactive seeds, and major radioactive treatments. Plus it is possible there would be chemotheraphy after too. I am pretty sure Chemo pretty much slows down sex life and the cure often makes the person totally wiped out.

I would say if erections can no longer happen after treatment, the sex life would be gone but the love and caressing in a relationship could make it survive. Along with that, if a guy is still willing to use his tung to do her, she should be very happy.

Big advantage for the young ladies who want to not have kids, once the prostrate is removed, your not going to get pregnant as long as you stand by that one man.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Health Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Harbor-UCLA Medical Center cited for safety vio... (Oct '11) 19 min Human 238
News Governor signs bill making Oregon first to offe... 7 hr spytheweb 1
News Church accused of offering to 'cure homosexuali... 9 hr Charles P 5
Morgellons - What I believe it really is (Oct '12) 11 hr Whysoserious 295
News Pregnancy Symptoms - 12 Very Early Symptoms of ... (Jun '07) 19 hr Angela 7,244
News Do You Have a Psychiatrist or a Therapist or BOTH? Wed Humanspirit 1
News 3D Dental Scanners Market - Top Segments and Co... Tue yasmine zazi 1
Nudity at doctor's office (Mar '07) Aug 12 2nd Time is a charm 211
More from around the web