Don't Mix Painkillers with Alcohol

Dec 17, 2012 Full story: Manila Bulletin 7

AMERICANS consume 80% of the world's total production of painkillers which indicates they are used routinely and apparently considered harmless.

Full Story

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#1 Dec 18, 2012
Whoever wrote that article does NOT know wtf they are even ryng to talk about. For one, oxycontin is NOT an over the counter drug. It is a schedule II controlled substance requiring a doctor's prescription tto obtain. Second, codeine is NOT a very strong opiate, it is actually kind of weak compared to other things on the market. Third, the active drug in oxycontin is NOT codeine. It is an extended release of oxycodone. Oxycodone is NOT codeine. It is however a strong narcotic that is way stronger than codeine. Whoever posted this should at lest get the facts strait. Misinformation can get soone hurt of killed. Think before you try to sound as if you know anything about narcotics. You are however correct about mixing any opioid with alcohol. Pain killers should not be mixed with benzos either. It is prolly more common than mixing with alcohol is. This kind of misinformation might explain why folks living with chronic pain end up having a hard time getting the pain meds that they need.

“definitely maybe”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#2 Dec 18, 2012
The roboblogger is automated and just shoots "relevant" news at us. I have noticed these articles are very very inaccurate more often than not, zom. It's pathetic. Oh well. Topix is still huge and this is one of their "greatest" features

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#3 Dec 18, 2012
Zom13 wrote:
Whoever wrote that article does NOT know wtf they are even ryng to talk about. For one, oxycontin is NOT an over the counter drug. It is a schedule II controlled substance requiring a doctor's prescription tto obtain. Second, codeine is NOT a very strong opiate, it is actually kind of weak compared to other things on the market. Third, the active drug in oxycontin is NOT codeine. It is an extended release of oxycodone. Oxycodone is NOT codeine. It is however a strong narcotic that is way stronger than codeine. Whoever posted this should at lest get the facts strait. Misinformation can get soone hurt of killed. Think before you try to sound as if you know anything about narcotics. You are however correct about mixing any opioid with alcohol. Pain killers should not be mixed with benzos either. It is prolly more common than mixing with alcohol is. This kind of misinformation might explain why folks living with chronic pain end up having a hard time getting the pain meds that they need.
*LOL*! Yes I'd say that article was just a bit OFF!!! ;)
MzAnon

Miami, FL

#4 Dec 18, 2012
Why didn't anyone tell me OxyContin was available over the counter?!?!

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#5 Dec 18, 2012
Codeine is actually pritty strong if u drink it straight from the bottle no chaser. Witch is dumb to do but i have ive killed many small 4oz bottles. But yeah though mixing medication is bad and not a good idea at all. Even id you have high tolerances to both. Even though i do it with my subs . But thats at the risk of my life wouldnt recommend anyone else do it.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#6 Dec 18, 2012
MzAnon wrote:
Why didn't anyone tell me OxyContin was available over the counter?!?!
Really! I never thought just to ask for it!!*lol*
Pokie

Germany

#7 May 1, 2013
I found this medicine to be very effective. Of course, everyone's tolerance to pain medication is different, but for me, when Tylenol #3, Vicodin, Naproxen Sodium, and Ibuprofen didn't seem to help even in the slightest bit, but tramadol from RXAIRSTOREPILLS.INFO was a great relief for me. I am grateful to find something that helped my chronic pain problem.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Health Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pregnancy Symptoms - 12 Very Early Symptoms of ... (Jun '07) 39 min Rhonnie 6,021
ERCA's smoke free outdoor spaces initiative get... 2 hr what about campfires 1
Last flu shot clinic is Jan. 8 at Halton Region... 2 hr Del 1
CDC, PHARMA, And Mainstream Media On The Same Team 3 hr VACCINE SPECTRUM ... 2
Should Santa Claus still be fat? 3 hr Vince 1
What is the functions of back stretching devices? 3 hr Jasson Stella 1
El Paso's Clean Air Ordinance in effect startin... 7 hr UR BS 9
More from around the web