Mandatory Changes In Asthma Inhalers ...

Mandatory Changes In Asthma Inhalers Take Effect Jan. 1

There are 12 comments on the WPXI story from Sep 22, 2008, titled Mandatory Changes In Asthma Inhalers Take Effect Jan. 1. In it, WPXI reports that:

Every year 52 million prescriptions are written for albuterol asthma inhalers. But after Dec.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WPXI.

Linda Dingle

AOL

#1 Oct 8, 2008
This is rediculous! Save the ozone and let humans die! I cannot breathe with the new non aresol inhalers..If I get sick or die, we are suing! The government is dictating NOW as to what meds are good for us. We need to ban together to get our old inhalers back! PEOPLE ARE GOING TO DIE!
Andrea

Huntingdon, TN

#2 Oct 16, 2008
I contacted Russ Feingold's office about this. Everyone should contact their legislators. Here's how this whole sordid deal with probably play out:

1) Cute children and old people will die due to the lack of a real rescue inhaler that doesn't clog up unexpectedly
2) The media will tell the story
3) The people effected will sue the manufacturer
4) The manufacturer will go out of business

Why don't we just skip these 4 steps? This whole thing is doomed for everyone.

This whole thing is likely at the feet of the manufacturer. I say follow the money.....

“Art”

Since: Mar 08

San Francisco, CA

#3 Oct 16, 2008
Arel Thomas

Ellicott City, MD

#4 Oct 18, 2008
Why can't we all get together and bring a law suit against the EPA?

“Art”

Since: Mar 08

San Francisco, CA

#5 Oct 18, 2008
Arel, too many reasons, mainly:

1)$$$. You want to try to out-lawyer the U.S. Govt., which can print its own money?

2) Time. Years and years, appeals etc., etc. What makes you so sure we'll win a lawsuit against the EPA?

3) I'm not a lawyer, but I think only the Supreme Court can overturn/amend an Act of Congress (the Clean Air Act is what we must amend politically by a vote of Congress to legalize CFC inhalers.)

4. What assurance do we have that after spending hundreds of thousands of dollars and many, many years of appeals that the U.S. Supreme Court would overturn/amend the Clean Air Act- I have no reason to believe that the Clean Air Act is unconstitutional.

5. Complexity. Our problem is complex, our solution requires White House and Congressional action- a Circuit Court judge can't make this happen for us in our lifetimes- too many moving parts.

6. Bottom line- this is a POLITICAL problem that requires a POLITICAL solution. A lawsuit against the EPA and fifty cents will get you a cup of coffee, as they say. And winning a class action lawsuit against a drug company would be great- for the plaintiff attorneys- but it does nothing to bring back CFC MDIs.

WE ALL MUST CALL our two US Senators and US Rep AND Obama and McCain. The US Clean Air Act must be amended to legalize CFC metered-dose inhalers.(FDA Final Rule 21 CFR 2.125 must be repealed as well, but that's easy once the Clean Air Act is amended- which is an extremely ambitious goal requiring the phone calls, emails, and faxes of many of our 40 million pulmonary patients and their friends and families.)

This will, by the way, require the US to unilaterally abrogate the provision of the Montreal Protocol (an international treaty the US initiated under Reagan- and the US pushed hard for this CFC MDI ban stupidity) to 'save the ozone layer'- epic irrationality based on staggering amounts of junk science).

Please follow our simple suggestions at the bottom of the Homepage of our website at savecfcinhalers.org (also check the website page titled 'Make Six Phone Calls'. The sixth call is to President Bush- we need him to order two FDA bureaucrat-MDs, John Jenkins and Robert Meyer, who supervised the scam, sweetheart 'regulation' of HFA MDIs at the FDA for the last 12 years, to RELEASE the vital U.S. postmarketing data on Proventil HFA and Ventolin HFA that they are afraid to release- all is or will be explained on the website. We strongly believe that this data will show that the 12/31/08 ban of CFC albuterol is ILLEGAL because, in our opinion, it will clearly demonstrate that the FDA's ban violates their own requirements under FDA 21 CFR 2.125
Arel Thomas

Ellicott City, MD

#6 Oct 24, 2008
Good advice...thanks
teresa stevens

North Olmsted, OH

#7 Jan 18, 2009
i would like to complain about the prices of these new inhalers also. i make to much for goverment insurance and not enough for privatemedical insurance i was shocked to find out how much it costs for these inhalers about $50 or more. it's either pay or die! my fifteen yr. old son needs these things to breathe, i don't think it's right to have to choose whether i should feed him or medicate him. IT'S RIDICULOUS. also when i went to buy his pulmicort medicine for his nebulizer i was shocked once again to find out it costs anywhere from $240 to $966. what's that all about? the drug companies are out of control!!!
Robbie Mathews

France

#9 Feb 5, 2013
I have ordered prescription drugs (without a prescription) online from http://inhousegeneric.info about two years ago, and was pleased with the speed and quality of service.
I'm thinking of doing the same thing with my medication. The meds is expensive, but there is a generic version available overseas.
I love the idea of taking responsibility for my own health (or lack of health) and skipping the bureaucracy... to say nothing of having to drive to the doctor, wait in line, yet again, to get a prescription refilled.
Benson

Sweden

#10 Apr 19, 2013
i wrote:
I have ordered prescription drugs (without a prescription) online from http://inhousegeneric.info about two years ago, and was pleased with the speed and quality of service.
I'm thinking of doing the same thing with my medication. The meds is expensive, but there is a generic version available overseas.
I love the idea of taking responsibility for my own health (or lack of health) and skipping the bureaucracy... to say nothing of having to drive to the doctor, wait in line, yet again, to get a prescription refilled.
http://inhousegeneric.info very clear and informative site, simple ordering process and very fast delivery. All round excellent service - will use again.
Harley

Germany

#11 Aug 3, 2013
http://inhousegeneric.com is an honest and genuine online pharmacy. We were not sure at first because this was our first order of generic medication from this pharmacy. Although it takes a bit long because it got stuck with custom, we are completely sastisfied with this online pharmacy.
You won't be disappointed with them. Their customer service is great too although they need to improve their phone system a bit more. If you need to call them just be sure to call during their working hours. Other than that we highly and sincerely recommend this online pharmacy to everyone.
Owen

UAE

#13 Aug 15, 2013
Naturally, I am skeptical of everything online. http://inhousegeneric.com is legitimate. I placed my first order for the smallest amount possible. It arrived sooner than expected. I didn't pay the extra money for speedy air mail. I placed another order that was much larger and it came right on time. I will definitely use this company again for even larger orders now that I trust them. They also give you discounts every time you place an order which is cool. One thing to keep in mind is if you place a larger order, they will send half in one shipment, and then the other half after that to avoid customs scrutinizing your package. I am very happy, I no longer need to pay tons of money to see a doctor and therapist (and have them tell me a bunch of stuff I already know) in order to get my medication.
Quianna

Bucharest, Romania

#17 Sep 13, 2013
have been researching for months and reading reviews for each pharmacy and finally decided to take the plunge and order from one. After coming to the conclusion http://goo.gl/bLFWQG seemed the most safest and had the best feedback I ordered my pills. Was very apprehensive at first due to cc fraud, ell and they are good i would definetely recommend and purchase againspam and being generally ripped off (have not received one spam email and no cc fraud) order process and checkout was simple.
placed my order on my debit card and was charged straight away and received confirmation email immediately. choose the speedy del trackable and was advised del would be 7-9 days and order was placed on the 08/01. was just about to email them today to chase up as now 15 days but behold package had been posted through my door. packaging seems as shown on webiste. apart from small delay on advertised shipping time i have been generally please with the pharmacy.
wont be taking the pills for another few weeks yet but all going well and they are good i would definetely recommend and purchase again from them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Health Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Flu rising, but not rampant yet 49 min America Gentleman... 1
News Asheville area has high levels of radon gas (Dec '10) 2 hr Wit Sliman 15
News Texas to Require Burials After Many Abortions 5 hr cpeter1313 1
News Demi Lovato: 'It Is Possible To Live Well' With... 6 hr DeadPigeon 5
News Pregnancy Symptoms - 12 Very Early Symptoms of ... (Jun '07) 9 hr muthumani 7,015
News FDA eyeballs Lasik complaints (Apr '08) 17 hr skjblnd 21
News Talk looks at history of autism 18 hr Autism Arty 2
More from around the web