Try new Bayer aspirin for heart attack

Oct 14, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Little Chicago Review

Bayer is making crystal aspirin to dissolve under the tongue. They work much faster than the tablets.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of22
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Elizabeth Cooper

Springfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2009

When will the New Bayer Crystal Aspirin for heart be available???
Elizabeth Cooper

Springfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2009

Yes
Elizabeth Smith

Glendale, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2009

Judged:

I called Bayer Health Care regarding the product Bayer Crystal Aspirin after a pharmacist advised NOT to take it for an onset of a heart attack. This product contains caffeine & 850 mg of aspirin. Because of these features Bayer recommends that you DO NOT use this product for the onset of a heart attack. The FDA recommends that as little as two 81 mg aspirin is sufficient.
Debbie P

Dacula, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2010

Tylenol, aspirin, caffeine -- that's the formula for Exedrin. I would guess (and guess - not "know") that crystal aspirin will probably contain only aspirin. You can always chew aspirin -- though making a habit of that would be murder on tooth enamel! And, of course, anyone suspecting he/she is having a heart attack should ALWAYS call 911.
EEWWB

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2010

We have little bottles of CHEWABLE Baby Aspirin on both levels of our house, in each of our cars, and at the office. Two of these orange-flavored 81 mg pills can be easily chewed, swallowed, and absorbed very quickly if a heart attack is suspected. Go stock up on Chewable Baby Aspirin and forget the Crystals with caffeine.
Amy

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2010

I have found these posts interesting and helpful, the email circulating right now in Jan 10 could, with the new Bayer crystal aspirin advertisement enclosed result in someone taking two of them. The 81 mg baby aspirin would be and still is my choice.
edwards

Tucson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2010

More info on crystal aspiring at http://domaineer.blogspot.com/2010/02/get-cry...
Alice Fitzgerald

Brockton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2010

Elizabeth Cooper wrote:
When will the New Bayer Crystal Aspirin for heart be available???
Can you buy it in drug stores?
Pat McCoy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2010

From the looks of the box, you would never guess that this dose is more than 2 1/2 x the medicine of one aspirin. Beware! When I took it, it did work promptly as advertised, but within an hour i began to suffer stomach pain, which lasted several hours. I believe this medicine can be dangerous for those having a tendency to bleed. I am angry that Bayer would not clearly mark the amount of medicine on the front of the box, and call attention to it om ;arge letters.
sammy

Rockville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2010

There's a test that determines which aspirin dose is right for you. It's called aspirinworks. Here's a cbs report on it :
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
http://www.hearthealthyliving-digital.com/hea... ?
pg=15#pg15
Some people need higher doses than 81mg of aspirin in order to get heart protection
Diane Willard

Ryde, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2010

If this can be dangerous, why has the health dept allowed Bayer to release product without warning label? Also there is a email going around advising people to a packet handy in case of pain (including pain in the chin) take 2 tabs, phone 000 Aust or 911 USA, don't lie down, sit in chair near door and wait for paramedics - advise them of what has been taken.
The email being forwarded surely then belongs in the hoax slayers list.
Greg

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2010

"In 1993 the American Heart Association began recommending a 325 mg aspirin dose at the onset of chest pain or other symptoms of a severe heart attack. That bit of advice is going unheeded, though; a follow-up report published in 1997 shows as many as 10,000 American lives a year could be saved if more people who thought they were having heart attacks took an aspirin at the start of chest pains." ( snopes.com )

Now if only I could get some low dose Crystal Aspirin to keep at my bedside in case of chest pains...

Bayer Aspirin Effect (2nd to left)
http://www.aspirin.com/scripts/pages/en/produ...
This Crystal Aspirin at 500 mg with no Caffeine is NOT available in the USA.(I got some in Germany, tastes like good old alka-seltzer)
It could save many live in the US if taken right at the onset of a hart-attack.

Horribly, Bayer USA only offers a whopping 850 mg Crystal Aspirin with 65 mg of Caffeine in the USA,
this is not suitable for hart-attack onset and Bayer knows it!(and it tastes like bitter sour lemons)
http://www.wonderdrug.com/products/es/es_crys...
"...suspected heart attack, so it is not appropriate"..use.." Chewable Low Dose “Baby” Aspirin or Genuine Bayer Aspirin 325 mg for cardiovascular uses" (Bayer USA)

Why would Germany based Bayer offer the former and not the latter to its own people?
If you read between the lines, maybe they're saying: "use the old products with old USA product liability laws, and not this new one we added Caffeine too, so we can't be sued when you die."
Sarge

Reading, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2010

81mg chewable asprin is great for a heart attack but what happens when the person has no teeth in at that moment? This really did happen to my buddy on a call who is a paramedic. The crystal form in this case is better than nothing at all I would presume?
judy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2010

Judged:

I found bayer crystal aspirin a few months ago. I bought it but never used it. After that I see that it is not available anywhere anymore. Did they pull it off the shelves?
Snowflake2217

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2010

Baby aspirin dissolve, dumbass. They're made for little kids.
Sarge wrote:
81mg chewable asprin is great for a heart attack but what happens when the person has no teeth in at that moment? This really did happen to my buddy on a call who is a paramedic. The crystal form in this case is better than nothing at all I would presume?
amy Garrett

Castro Valley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2010

After receiving many emails about crystal aspirin, I spoke with a pharmacist today. He told me there is no such thing at this time, and that aspirin should not be put under the tongue as it is not a medicine that is sublingual. It is absorbed in the stomach.
EthanGoodman

Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2011

I can recommend a reputable online pharmacy http://allbestpills.info
I figured it would be enough to give the pills a try and I was quite satisfied with the result. I hope this info will be of any help to the community.
I have used this medication since the late 80's for migraines and it works wonders. I have tried other medication and nothing works as well and fast as generic Aspirin.
JoAnn PISACANE

Kinston, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2011

it's about time some one came out with this. not soon enought for me.hoe do i get this?
Randy

Wilson, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2011

Just got out of the hospital with a Heart Attack. 99% Blockage in the RCA. The AM of my attack I had one 81 mg. before I walked for exercise. Had the attack while walking. I had walked ONE mile away from home when the attack hit me. I walked back home. When I got home I took another 81 mg. aspirin. When I got to the Emergency room they gave me TWO Chewable tabs. Childrens Orange Favor. Had surgery, (one stent) back home recovering.
Marleneboca

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2011

I searched high & low looking for Bayer Quick Realese Crystal aspirin.When i saw it advertised i thought that was great.I didn't go get them right away but when i did i found out they were taken off the market.I think it should be left up to the person that wants to take them just like the regular bayer aspirin.What they needed to do was right a warning label just like every other medicine thats out there.Same old story it's up to the FDA as usual.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of22
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••