Proposed e-cig bill to be discussed M...

Proposed e-cig bill to be discussed Monday

There are 71 comments on the KOB-TV story from Jan 5, 2014, titled Proposed e-cig bill to be discussed Monday. In it, KOB-TV reports that:

Your middle school or high school student can wan walk right up to the counter, buy an e-cig and puff away all night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KOB-TV.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Semper

Santa Fe, NM

#2 Jan 6, 2014
ubi sub ubi
MR CLEAN

Oklahoma City, OK

#3 Jan 6, 2014
These type of cigarettes makes a person look stupid, annoying and and someone you want to stay 1000 feet away from. Our Governor banned this smoking robotic straw off State property We support the ban of e cigarettes. .
davy

Albuquerque, NM

#4 Jan 6, 2014
I want to ban donuts.
MR CLEAN wrote:
These type of cigarettes makes a person look stupid, annoying and and someone you want to stay 1000 feet away from. Our Governor banned this smoking robotic straw off State property We support the ban of e cigarettes..
smoker

UK

#5 Jan 9, 2014
I love my ego e cig a don't think i could now go back to analogues .

P.S i got mine here www.timetostop.co.uk
davy

Albuquerque, NM

#6 Jan 9, 2014
According to the article the bill is being championed by Don Harris, a Republican. Mayor berry, another republican, backs the bill. Would you like to try again.
bert wrote:
Don't worry about it.
This is only the beginning.
The progressive totalitarians have just begun:
Banning the following:
cigarettes, trans fats, meat, chastity, Christianity, heterosexuality, free speech, corsets, etc.
Read again, Dante's Ninth Circle, wherein he fully exposits the tragedy of those who partake in betrayal for the sake of their own Utopian Pride:
Superbium initium omnis peccati
Johnny

Broken Arrow, OK

#7 Jan 20, 2014
Got my e-cig kit from MonsterVapors.com and have never looked back. I smoked for 15 years and finally quite. Best thing I have ever done. E-cigs should be applauded!
lolol

Albuquerque, NM

#8 Jan 21, 2014
the gubbmint wants you to smoke pot they can fine you for or taxed tobacco, not water vapor.

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#9 Jan 21, 2014
bert wrote:
Don't worry about it.
This is only the beginning.
The progressive totalitarians have just begun:
Banning the following:
cigarettes, trans fats, meat, chastity, Christianity, heterosexuality, free speech, corsets, etc.
Read again, Dante's Ninth Circle, wherein he fully exposits the tragedy of those who partake in betrayal for the sake of their own Utopian Pride:
Superbium initium omnis peccati
Did somebody forget to take their meds again?
Smokin Baboons

Winnipeg, Canada

#10 Jan 21, 2014
MR CLEAN wrote:
These type of cigarettes makes a person look stupid, annoying and and someone you want to stay 1000 feet away from. Our Governor banned this smoking robotic straw off State property We support the ban of e cigarettes..
They do look stupid, and weak.
Smokin Baboons

Winnipeg, Canada

#11 Jan 21, 2014
Johnny wrote:
Got my e-cig kit from MonsterVapors.com and have never looked back. I smoked for 15 years and finally quite. Best thing I have ever done. E-cigs should be applauded!
Spam
MR CLEAN

Oklahoma City, OK

#12 Jan 21, 2014
Smokin Baboons wrote:
<quoted text> They do look stupid, and weak.
There is going to be a report on News 9 in OKC on Thursday night about E cigarettes.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#13 Jan 24, 2014
MR CLEAN wrote:
These type of cigarettes makes a person look stupid, annoying and and someone you want to stay 1000 feet away from. Our Governor banned this smoking robotic straw off State property We support the ban of e cigarettes..
Who is "we?"
You support the ban because of how you think it makes someone look? What else makes you squeamish - beards, SUV's and dogs? I got those, best keep your distance. I thought we were living in the free world "with liberty and justice for all." I would like to think that anybody who cared about anyone but themselves would be more than happy to allow smokers a safer alternative. Obviously, what I'd like to think doesn't apply to people like you.
I was a 30 year smoker and I haven't lit a cancer stick in 2 years. I've stopped coughing every day, I smell better, I've saved money, and the chances that I'll be racking up health costs from cancer, heart disease and COPD have dropped dramatically. You've got a problem with that? I didn't blow smoke in people's faces then and I don't vape to look macho now.
Maybe you should consider that the major lobbyists for these bans are the ones making the most profit from other smoking cessation methods - and from chemo, cardiac and pulmonary drugs. While you're at it, take note that the N.M.gov ernor has no qualms in taking their money. Salute your heroes, pal.
Especially

Pasadena, CA

#14 Jan 24, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>

What else makes you squeamish - beards, SUV's and dogs?.
bearded, smoking dogs driving SUVs
MR CLEAN

Oklahoma City, OK

#15 Jan 24, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is "we?"
You support the ban because of how you think it makes someone look? What else makes you squeamish - beards, SUV's and dogs? I got those, best keep your distance. I thought we were living in the free world "with liberty and justice for all." I would like to think that anybody who cared about anyone but themselves would be more than happy to allow smokers a safer alternative. Obviously, what I'd like to think doesn't apply to people like you.
I was a 30 year smoker and I haven't lit a cancer stick in 2 years. I've stopped coughing every day, I smell better, I've saved money, and the chances that I'll be racking up health costs from cancer, heart disease and COPD have dropped dramatically. You've got a problem with that? I didn't blow smoke in people's faces then and I don't vape to look drugs. While you're at it, take note that the N.M.gov ernor has no qualms in taking their money. Salute your heroes, pal.
The safety of e cigarettes has NOT been approved by the FDA, AND has not been banned here in the U.S. YET. Other counties have banned them, including our neighbor to the North. Without asking a toddler, name that country! They make people look you look like a fool and I don't want to stand next to a fool having to be subjected to second hand vapors that have not gone through intensive research by the FDA,for its safety. Ask a doctor, if he will put in writing and sign his name that e cigarettes pose no health risk what so ever and get back to us, or WE! I've smelled the stench of these vapors and I want to get sick. I don't want people like you within 1000 feet from me vaping. I'll tell you to hit the road. FOOL!

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#16 Jan 25, 2014
MR CLEAN wrote:
<quoted text> The safety of e cigarettes has NOT been approved by the FDA, AND has not been banned here in the U.S. YET. Other counties have banned them, including our neighbor to the North. Without asking a toddler, name that country! They make people look you look like a fool and I don't want to stand next to a fool having to be subjected to second hand vapors that have not gone through intensive research by the FDA,for its safety. Ask a doctor, if he will put in writing and sign his name that e cigarettes pose no health risk what so ever and get back to us, or WE! I've smelled the stench of these vapors and I want to get sick. I don't want people like you within 1000 feet from me vaping. I'll tell you to hit the road. FOOL!
Waa Waa. Sniffle sniffle. I agree, the disposables you can buy in gas stations taste and smell bad. <shrug> So do boiled brussels sprouts. Lets ban cabbage. So does liver. Lets ban cows. So does gasoline. Let's ban gas stations. So does burnt rubber. Lets ban NASCAR.
I agree, the FDA hasn't proved ecigs are 200% safe. More people have died from not wearing helmets and from taking FDA approved drugs than from ecigs. In fact, I haven't heard of a single fatality, yet. There was a guy in FL who had a battery explode, so they've re-engineered those - does that count? The FDA did do a study a couple years ago and got reamed for how poor a job they did. Fact is, the ingredients have been used in pharmaceuticals for decades, and the flavorings are all food grade. Care to guess how many products you've ingested in the last month that were "naturally and artificially" flavored?
As far as second hand vapor - if you're that concerned about breathing what other people have exhaled, you're on the wrong planet. I suggest you go get one of your very own.
Yeah, other countries have put restrictions on ecigs and personal vaporizers. What makes you think their politicians do the right things for the right reasons any more than ours do?(You know what the taxes are on a pack of cigs in Canada?)

Just what do you think "people like me" are? Wild-eyed anarchists with purple hair, nose rings and neck tattoos? Nope. That's the REAL issue, isn't it, "Mr. Clean"? You're scared crapless of people who "aren't like you."

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#17 Jan 25, 2014
Especially wrote:
<quoted text>
bearded, smoking dogs driving SUVs
and pickups.
I've been called worse... Heck, I've answered to worse.
Vaccine Victims

Winnipeg, Canada

#18 Jan 26, 2014
MR CLEAN wrote:
<quoted text> The safety of e cigarettes has NOT been approved by the FDA, AND has not been banned here in the U.S. YET. Other counties have banned them, including our neighbor to the North. Without asking a toddler, name that country! They make people look you look like a fool and I don't want to stand next to a fool having to be subjected to second hand vapors that have not gone through intensive research by the FDA,for its safety. Ask a doctor, if he will put in writing and sign his name that e cigarettes pose no health risk what so ever and get back to us, or WE! I've smelled the stench of these vapors and I want to get sick. I don't want people like you within 1000 feet from me vaping. I'll tell you to hit the road. FOOL!
vaccines aren't much better
MR CLEAN

Oklahoma City, OK

#19 Jan 27, 2014
Today, the Governor of New Mexico voiced her support of HB 15. Thank you Governor for your support. The State of Oklahoma's Governor has done likewise.. I've read where poisoning by e cigarettes (nicotine) have risen from 1-23 in the last few years. 23 too many in NM. I, like many others, oppose e-cigarettes-100%. We will fight to someday make them illegal. You will need a prescription to posses one.

“26.2”

Since: Feb 08

Santa Fe, NM

#20 Jan 27, 2014
Banning the sale of e-cigs to minors is a no-brainer.

As far as adult usage, e-cigs can't be anywhere near as dangerous as inhaling the smoke of burning/smouldering tobacco. So what if they are not entirely safe? Drinking alcohol is certainly not safe, and neither is surfing the big winter waves in Hawaii. If we outlawed all vices and everything that is not safe, life would be pretty boring.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#21 Jan 28, 2014
MR CLEAN wrote:
Today, the Governor of New Mexico voiced her support of HB 15. Thank you Governor for your support. The State of Oklahoma's Governor has done likewise.. I've read where poisoning by e cigarettes (nicotine) have risen from 1-23 in the last few years. 23 too many in NM. I, like many others, oppose e-cigarettes-100%. We will fight to someday make them illegal. You will need a prescription to posses one.
How many children were involved in gun related accidents last year? How many fruity flavored alcohol drinks are available nowadays? There are lots of things that need to be kept out of the hands of children. It's called responsible parenting. The government is NOT my parent and neither are you - and I for one would appreciate it if you socialist control freaks would quit trying to take away personal liberties under the guise of "taking care" of the rest of us.

You are not the only one who refuses to admit that this anti-ecig campaign is NOT motivated by concerns for public safety. What you've really got on your side is big pharma and bigotry. Ignorance is no excuse.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Health Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Restaurant review: Tacos Don Cuco is classic Me... 28 min huey goins 2
News How Autistic People Helped Shape the Modern World 1 hr Friend 8
Indian and Black mixed babies what would they l... (Aug '09) 1 hr kingzion 31
News Why won't she talk? One mother's journey to fin... 3 hr friend 2
News The top 10 establishment lies about SB 277 3 hr friend 6
News State: 67 percent of Washington toddlers vaccin... 4 hr VACCINES AGAIN 1
News U.S. vaccination rates high, but pockets of unv... 4 hr VACCINES AGAIN 1
News Pregnancy Symptoms - 12 Very Early Symptoms of ... (Jun '07) 4 hr kal 6,469
More from around the web