Grief - the wild animal

Grief - the wild animal

Posted in the Health Forum

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#1 Nov 12, 2012
These are just my random thoughts, to no one in particular.

I thought I had a fairly good grip on it; that it was pretty well contained. But then today it slipped out of it's cage; the wild thing that cannot be tamed - grief. Over the years, death has visited often, too often; the measure of a good year these days is one in which nobody dies. Every loss is different, every grief is new. They all share one similarity though; tearing through you, creating chaos at first. Do your best to contain it, repair the damage, find a home for this new emotion. And just when you think you've done it, found a way to live with the beasts, they sneak up and attack. Leaving you stunned; you turn to face the attacker and confront the grief. In full defiance, the animal challenges - you knew I was a wild thing.
Family Friend

United States

#2 Nov 20, 2012
Beautiful! I can relate . I lost my husband to cancer. Almost 5 years out, somethings are still hard.. It is like he took all the color out of the world when he left. It is all just black and white ..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Health Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pregnancy Symptoms - 12 Very Early Symptoms of ... (Jun '07) 8 hr Lulu 7,236
News Harbor-UCLA Medical Center cited for safety vio... (Oct '11) 10 hr Human 221
Asbestos Cleanse Discovery Needed 18 hr bluebell 1
News Gay men can now donate blood three months after... 18 hr Darby 4
News Discussing making City Park a smoke freea - 18 hr Richy Rich 38
News Many of key players on Trump health care reform... Sun Hoosier Daddy 1
News Number of Americans who die prematurely each ye... Sun Cordwainer Trouts... 6
Nudity at doctor's office (Mar '07) Sat 6yrold 209
More from around the web