How to Declare War on the New HIV Epi...

How to Declare War on the New HIV Epidemic

There are 700 comments on the www.poz.com story from Jul 15, 2013, titled How to Declare War on the New HIV Epidemic. In it, www.poz.com reports that:

The AIDS Coalition to Unleash Power marched through cheering crowds at the historic New York City Pride Parade on June 30, 2013, to declare an HIV prevention emergency that threatens the health of the young queer community.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.poz.com.

“I will not go quietly.”

Since: Feb 07

Indianapolis Indiana

#601 Jul 24, 2013
Jiggz29 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey understand about taking personal responsibility and being account for oneself bite my general public is being attacked by epidemic I believe the governments job and concern we is America's got understand that we pay taxes for public officials to govern in the governments job is to do what's best for the people so let out government doing job let them go what did befog a financial crisis or in this case perceive to be a epidemic. What would be the point in having a government if we didn't expect or allow them to govern.
The government isn't going to babysit you. That whole Social Security thing you mentioned? Easily Justified, everyone who doesn't die first will get old. Use a condom, go on with your life.

“I will not go quietly.”

Indianapolis Indiana

#602 Jul 24, 2013
Jiggz29 wrote:
That's funny I used to view homosexuality as a personal moral problem but since the HIV epidemic in African American community usually spread by bisexual men I now see that it has a way more dangerously profound effect on the community. If the gatemen king contract HIV can infect women with it on knowingly then they are potentially dangerous to society I'm not gonna go as far as to criminalize homosexual sexuality. But I do understand with the Africans are you doing but I don't entirely disagree.
That's interesting, from what I know Magic Johnson isn't bisexual, he simply slept with over 1000 women, it only takes one. Contrary to our Troll's assertion, HIV may be a bit more difficult to catch from women but it isn't impossible. If he has used condoms.....

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#603 Jul 24, 2013
Jiggz29 wrote:
I guess you feel the same way about the sex offender registry huh.
Dumpling, folk earn their way onto a sex offender registry because they have committed CRIMINAL ACTS usually against other folk, people who become HIV+ have not. I understand you don't see the difference, but it is there. Why not just brand 'em HIV+ on their foreheads and within view of their genitals? There, no need for a registry for anyone concerned, but only as long we get to brand HIV STUPID on you.

“I will not go quietly.”

Indianapolis Indiana

#604 Jul 24, 2013
Jiggz29 wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you feel the same way about the sex offender registry huh.
No, so long as the registry contains nothing but convicted sex offenders.
Jiggz29 wrote:
You now what it's a proactive measure these no false sense of security when you look up someone's HIV status.
Yeah, actually it is, with over 20% of HIV cases in general and higher percentages among certain groups of people being infected and knot knowing.
Jiggz29 wrote:
Yes I'm full aware that there are people out there that are HIV-positive and unaware. I believe that when people get out of prison itshould be mandatory that they take a HIV test, and if infected be put on the list.
It doesn't have as much to do with prison, not everybody goes to prison, and making sure their name is associated with HIV does little to help them at all, other than making sure they go BACK even more quickly. Most employers won't admit to it but hiring someone that you KNOW up front that they have serious medical issues that won't be going away is a thing many will not d. Posting "the list" is simply making sure they remain unemployed.
Jiggz29 wrote:
The government should require people to take a HIV test before seeking medical attention from the most minor to major medical issue hospital should require people to take a HIV test. That would eliminate the problem of people being unaware of the HIV status.
And it also will make many people wait until there is a life or death emergency before seeking medical treatment which greatly reduces the chance of saving a life.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#605 Jul 24, 2013
Steve wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you require that a man wear a condom before he f*cks you in the butt?
What about when you suck a man's d!ck? Do you make him wear a condom?
Do you realize that you are up to false name 87 already? Are you EVER going to stop being a coward and register and use only ONE name? I am guessing that'd be a no.

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

#606 Jul 24, 2013
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, you guys invented "Zero". Big whoop.
Can you tell us ONE thing you have invented since, except underpants bombs and new novel ways to land planes. Instead of flying all the way to the airport, you guys just land the planes RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF TOWN..in fact, into buildings. Talk about a time saver and NO pricey cab rides from Newark or JFK into Manhattan.
They actually had a very progressive culture and invented algebra (an Arabic word) along with several other scientific discoveries. But that was before their culture was taken over by relgious crazies like the idiot poster above who can do nothing but quote Q'uran and condemn everyone as an an infidel. Arabs as well as Ottoman Turks practiced religious tolerance for Jews and Christians living in their domains at a time when Christians were persecuting Jews and Moors with the Inquisition. All that seems to have changed starting at the beginning of the nineteenth century.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#607 Jul 24, 2013
JohnInToronto wrote:
<quoted text>
They actually had a very progressive culture and invented algebra (an Arabic word) along with several other scientific discoveries. But that was before their culture was taken over by relgious crazies like the idiot poster above who can do nothing but quote Q'uran and condemn everyone as an an infidel. Arabs as well as Ottoman Turks practiced religious tolerance for Jews and Christians living in their domains at a time when Christians were persecuting Jews and Moors with the Inquisition. All that seems to have changed starting at the beginning of the nineteenth century.
THEY invented algebra? Oh, great, talk about a weapon of mass destruction! I was the dumbest math student on earth and still shudder at the thought of Y=3!!! I don't get it to this day, either.

I have heard about how liberal and cool that Muslims were in other days, far more than some of the western folks behaved, but since those days are over and done, I am afraid that it is not going to be an easy ride from here on in.

“I will not go quietly.”

Indianapolis Indiana

#608 Jul 24, 2013
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>THEY invented algebra? Oh, great, talk about a weapon of mass destruction! I was the dumbest math student on earth and still shudder at the thought of Y=3!!! I don't get it to this day, either.
I have heard about how liberal and cool that Muslims were in other days, far more than some of the western folks behaved, but since those days are over and done, I am afraid that it is not going to be an easy ride from here on in.
Y=3 is no problem, the problem for me was 26 different letters representing 25 different numbers, you're given one number, lets say it's a 2, and now solve for all the other variables... I can barely SPELL with these letters and now you want me to add, subtract, multiply, divide, square root, and everything else with them? And being a tad dyslexic to boot?
No.

Since: Aug 09

Saint Louis, MO

#609 Jul 24, 2013
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, you guys invented "Zero". Big whoop.
Do not take it lightly. I will not say we invented zero. I am more inclined towards the theory that GOD Revealed it to us. So it is not ours alone. God Gave it us and we share it with all humanity. I attribute zero to GOD's Mercy because I do not think the primitive human mind could have Conceived it without Divine Intervention. I certain Neanderthal could not have done so. Of course, Neanderthal do not do so, for certain.

You should Thank GOD for zero. Without it none of the modern sciences and technologies would exist.

Saint Louis, MO

#610 Jul 24, 2013
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>"This is what we are GOING to do in Africa"???? May 15, 2008. Uh, in case you missed it, that day is long come and gone. Unless one of your Muslims has invented time travel.
I was looking for the more recent article in which His Excellency said that he was going to lock all homosexuals up in quarantined section of the prison. But, that article is suddenly not easy to find. That is why I had to go all the way back to 2008.
Marcus Washington

Laredo, TX

#611 Jul 24, 2013
Chance wrote:
Good grief!! Why is this so hard? The solution is simple. Keep it in your pants.
Or do like me and have sex with yourself. Get yourself a good mirror, some lotion and some photos of fine a** Latinas and Trannies and knock yourself out. Even better is to go sneak to your neigbors bedroom window and watch them having sex while you grease the ol pole. In my case little pole. You won't go blind. If that was true I'd be Stevie Wonder by now.

Saint Louis, MO

#612 Jul 24, 2013
Jiggz29 wrote:
That's funny I used to view homosexuality as a personal moral problem but since the HIV epidemic in African American community usually spread by bisexual men I now see that it has a way more dangerously profound effect on the community. If the gatemen king contract HIV can infect women with it on knowingly then they are potentially dangerous to society I'm not gonna go as far as to criminalize homosexual sexuality. But I do understand with the Africans are you doing but I don't entirely disagree.
As has suffered a great due to allowing homosexual tourists in. They deliberately infected African women. This is why you see a constant theme coming out of Africa that homosexual conduct is a threat to women. It is that simply. So in order to protect women, we have decided to limit homosexual tourists and visitors to Africa. We do not need them. And we certainly do not want them at the expense of our sisters. Even those who are already in Africa, African homosexuals themselves are being asked to leave. We would nothing better than to see black homosexuals all sent to New York or London. That way we would not have to spend our limited public financing to house and feed them in jails all over Africa. If the white man was such a great humanitarian as he likes to claim to be, he would open his borders to our black "gay community" so that we would not be tempted to violate their human rights.

Saint Louis, MO

#613 Jul 24, 2013
Pagan and Proud wrote:
<quoted text>Much of that has to do with the perception of HIV being a "gay" disease and African Americans refusing to follow Safer-Sex guidelines as well as many hiding in the closet because of a stigma still being attached to being Gay in the African American community(many of which refuse to even acknowledge that bisexuality exists and still referring to them as "homosexuals) when they aren't.)<quoted text>No actually they aren't. Look back at the history. Those groups who embraced Safer sex guidelines had steady drops in the number of newly infected cases, those who have not, did not. Even in cases where the groups didn't actually experience a drop, the rate of new infections were reduced, even if that reduction was not as much as one could hope, it's still better than it being unchecked.<quoted text>It's not crap, it's merely fact. HIV is for 99.9% of cases preventable. Using a condom isn't hard. Using them every time isn't hard. There's no reason for some sort of master list to be published, placing those on it in direct danger of being discriminated against, fired, ect... all because someone is too lazy to put on a condom before they have sex.
The "safest sex guideline" is the one we have in the Muslim countries where HIV can be lower than .01%. And that "safe sex guideline" is not to have any sex whatsoever outside marriage. Good-bye homosexual conduct.

Saint Louis, MO

#614 Jul 24, 2013
Jiggz29 wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you feel the same way about the sex offender registry huh. You now what it's a proactive measure these no false sense of security when you look up someone's HIV status. Yes I'm full aware that there are people out there that are HIV-positive and unaware. I believe that when people get out of prison itshould be mandatory that they take a HIV test, and if infected be put on the list.
The government should require people to take a HIV test before seeking medical attention from the most minor to major medical issue hospital should require people to take a HIV test. That would eliminate the problem of people being unaware of the HIV status.
That's non-sense. Heterosexuals generally do not need to be tested. We have been putting up with that non-sense in order to accommodate and tolerate homosexual behavior. But it makes no sense to have heterosexuals take HIV tests more than maybe once or twice in their lifetime. But homosexuals need to tested a couple times a year at least because virtually every homosexual will become HIV positive at some point in his life. This is not rocket science. in Saudi Arabia HIV is less than .o1%. Until recently, it was estimated to be .001% Imagine that. But it is nearly 100% among homosexuals at some pint in their lives.

Saint Louis, MO

#615 Jul 24, 2013
Pagan and Proud wrote:
<quoted text>That's interesting, from what I know Magic Johnson isn't bisexual, he simply slept with over 1000 women, it only takes one. Contrary to our Troll's assertion, HIV may be a bit more difficult to catch from women but it isn't impossible. If he has used condoms.....
Magic Johnson is a homosexual of some type. Call it "bisexual" if it will help you to understand better. He even passed homosexuality on to his son, just as Obama is passing it on to his girls.

Saint Louis, MO

#616 Jul 24, 2013
JohnInToronto wrote:
<quoted text>
Look. GOD is the Source. How did the Arabs learn it? They learned by Word of mouth passed down over thousands of years. Where did they learn it? They learned it in Africa. We know almost for a fact that Africans had zero in our culture as far down as Zimbabwe. Where did humanity, civilization and religion come from? Africa, according to science.

But science is clearly limited. How did Revelation of Zero occur? Science does not answer that question. But we can get hints from the Bible and from The Quran. I do not pretend that I understand everything about GOD and Revelation. Nobody does. We do not need to know everything. I do not think humanity is ready to know everything. But logic takes us back to Africa. That is where I am focused right now. So, do not waste my time by dissing Africa.

“I will not go quietly.”

Indianapolis Indiana

#617 Jul 24, 2013
I see the troll's back to flapping his false prophet lips....but not for much longer.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#618 Jul 24, 2013
Just what we need...even less privacy.

It's simple...practice safe sex, and insist your partner does the same.
Jiggz29 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey it could be the last for digits. First name last name and last for digits of ones social .
We all know it

Chalfont, PA

#619 Jul 24, 2013
Abdurratln wrote:
<quoted text>
I was looking for the more recent article in which His Excellency said that he was going to lock all homosexuals up in quarantined section of the prison. But, that article is suddenly not easy to find. That is why I had to go all the way back to 2008.
Why don't you just come out and admit that you Love men ? It well make you feel better if you come out of the closet ! We all accept the fact that many black men turn to gay sex one time or another. Many black men try it in prison and like it and many that do only do it when they are in the pen. I'm sure you enjoyed it too . When you do decide to come out you well find that you well feel much better about the Whole Gay issue. Maybe you and you Boyfriend can even spend some Quality time together and post on the FORUM. All I ask is that you think about coming Out!

See You, Lisa

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#620 Jul 24, 2013
They'll have to quarantine millions of africans...I'm sure that will work out just fine.

HIV is not caught by casual contact and thus quarantine is neither allowed nor justified. How carelessly do you sleep around that you are this terrified about HIV?

Eradicating AIDS? We haven't eradicated any disease. A vaccine would be far more realistic, and there is no reason to assume it would be too expensive to create or distribute.
Jiggz29 wrote:
<quoted text>
Everything is said based is speculation basically it's all baseless besides the fact that if there was cure for HIV it'd be so expensive that most poor and minorities would not able to afford it. But this is not about government conspiracies this is about eradicating HIV altogether. Probably the best way eradicate the spread of HIV Would be to quarantine those infected and allow them to die off but we all know that's not happen. So a list is the most realistic preventive measure.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Health Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News When There's No Therapist, How Can The Depresse... 5 hr HumanSpirit 27
News Pregnancy Symptoms - 12 Very Early Symptoms of ... (Jun '07) 8 hr Haitch Spice 7,085
News Smoke-free campus a right or an imposition? 8 hr fr3j98g893hg0f3hgoir 3
B-12 and Lipotropic Injections for Weight Loss (Jun '06) 9 hr CCGM 4,733
News Feds dole out $146K to foes of proposed nuclear... 9 hr Glowing Reports 2
hospital baths/showers 10 hr kirton 1
Nudity at doctor's office (Mar '07) 10 hr kirton 136
More from around the web