Methadone clinic could cause problems

Oct 1, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Commonwealth Journal

Somerset will become a regional hub for heroin addicts undergoing methadone maintenance if the state authorizes a license for an opiate addiction treatment center here.

Comments (Page 136)

Showing posts 2,701 - 2,720 of3,023
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
FYI

Greensburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2803
Jun 6, 2010
 
BTW whats up poppy longtime no talk hope alls well with ya holler at me sometimes!
kinya

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2804
Jun 6, 2010
 

Judged:

1

Baphomet wrote:
Once you are this far into addiction, the best and only treatment that works, is euthanasia.
You have a picture of christ up and than say something like that! Who died and made you God, read the bible, Thou shall not judge, you sound like some crazy crusader. Christ helped the poor ,weak and inflicted not the righteous hipocrites like yourself. Walk a mile in someone elses shoes before you judge them. God forbid you ever get hurt and have to take pain killers. In real life shit happens, maybe you should be put down for being a mean ignorant judgemental ass!
Nic

Cordova, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2805
Jun 6, 2010
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Naltrexone wrote:
Forget all of those opiate "blockers" that people just turn around and get addicted to. I know a group of idiots who have been going to methadone clinics for over a decade. They sit around and nod out all the time. The best choice is naltrexone it doesn't provide a "buzz" you feel nothing from it. The implant lasts 3 months and the pills last 3 days. I believe it's the nest route it blocks opiates without giving a high. It also blocks cravings and helps the brain heal from the use of opiates. There is other ways to get sober. Other than switching one drug for another. I believe that naltrexone is the best way. Methadone is a joke. It's just flat out trashy in my opinion.
Also anyone who is serious about recovery will also go to counseling. I do regulary. I even get them to test me bimonthly. After being one of those that fell victim to a Doctor and bad surgeries I thought I was a lost cause yet here I stand almost 3 years sober and I am the happiest I've ever been. Everyone can do it. It's all about how bad you want it.
your uneducated post disgusts me... there are people out there that can abuse anything. that doesn't mean the rest of us aren't getting the proper help we need, or that we are "flat out trashy".
FYI

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2810
Jul 5, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Why do known of the oldtimers ever comment on here?
Poppy

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2811
Jul 6, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

Methadone oh my oh my.What do I have to say about Methadone?I've already posted plenty about it and how I feel what I went through and how I am now.There is life after the done train it's a wonderfull life also.Now I have to live life on lifes terms not my own.I have family that are really ill and it is not easy to just go through life and deal with things when I know how I have always dealed with them by useing and abuseing drugs in one form or anouther.
Hello to everyone new and the old timers this thread has taken on a life all its self.There is alot of info in these post way back.I think just about anything you would want to know or try and understand is all here on this thread.Take you'er time read through see how some have changed there believes and how some like me have just tryed to learnhow to live again without the use of drugs.
As for me I am still takeing subtex or sobuxen 4mg aday.Just have birthdays for my little ones.Stayed sober through the fourth and working taken care of family and just trying to live Sober.Life has it's twist and turns but one thing never changes with me that is try not to lose the desire to stay sober.Glad to see this tread still going with all the info on here maybe someone like me might learn something on here and it just might change there life! I hope so anyways Godbless!!!
Poppy

Leitchfield, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2813
Oct 12, 2010
 
Im a well known druggie around somerset and I was wondering if anyone could tell me why? And why tha I love subutex and methadone so much I mean they rule my whole life I mean I would literally give my left testicle for a good dose of methadone roight now! Why? Why?

Since: Apr 10

dayton, ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2814
Oct 15, 2010
 
chris wrote:
sickgirl wrote:
i am a patient at a methadone clinic....i am slowly decreasing 5mg every other week. so far so good, BUT i already know that when i get close to being completely done, it is going to be a living hell!! i have tried suboaone....that shit sucks!! the doctor i had was dr. moore from dayton, ohio and he was a JOKE! he had NO idea what he was doing, he almost killed me! i was at 70mg of methadone, and he had me stop dosing for 2 days, and then start right away on the suboxone!! OMG...the horror!! i sugest going down at a very slow rate, and don't be in such a big hurry! or you will be back on the streets using drugs again!! i'm so tired of this addiction it saddens me to see how many people are affected by this disease!!!
So are you on soboxone now or back on meth.? I'm on meth for a little ove a month and only went as high as 45mg and droping 5mg every 10 days or so, now at 35mg a day, so if i keep droping like i'm and the day i get to 1mg and stay there for a week or so do you think my W/D's are going to be bad ? W/D's i don't want unless they are not that bad. Thanks for any help anyone.
Sorry I haven't been on here forever!! I am still at the methadone clinic and am currently at 29mg. I was decreasing 2mg a week recently, but that didn't work too well!! I believe everyone's program is so different, it's crazy!!

“Not Afraid to speak the truth!”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2815
Oct 15, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Naltrexone wrote:
Forget all of those opiate "blockers" that people just turn around and get addicted to. I know a group of idiots who have been going to methadone clinics for over a decade. They sit around and nod out all the time. The best choice is naltrexone it doesn't provide a "buzz" you feel nothing from it. The implant lasts 3 months and the pills last 3 days. I believe it's the nest route it blocks opiates without giving a high. It also blocks cravings and helps the brain heal from the use of opiates. There is other ways to get sober. Other than switching one drug for another. I believe that naltrexone is the best way. Methadone is a joke. It's just flat out trashy in my opinion.
Also anyone who is serious about recovery will also go to counseling. I do regulary. I even get them to test me bimonthly. After being one of those that fell victim to a Doctor and bad surgeries I thought I was a lost cause yet here I stand almost 3 years sober and I am the happiest I've ever been. Everyone can do it. It's all about how bad you want it.
I wished I would have heard about this before I wasted my time on Methadone. BUT, I am clean for 3yrs. I go to therapy, meetings & I get tested weekly. I have not used in 3-4 yrs. I relapsed one time about more than 2 yrs ago.MY cleandate is Oct. 6,2008. Methadone never made me knod out, I see others that do. But they take other pills on top of their doses called BENZo's. I never took one, & I never will. I just want to be done,& free of all this. I can stay clean forever. I know that today! Thanks for the info. I will look into it.

“Not Afraid to speak the truth!”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2816
Oct 15, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Poppy wrote:
Im a well known druggie around somerset and I was wondering if anyone could tell me why? And why tha I love subutex and methadone so much I mean they rule my whole life I mean I would literally give my left testicle for a good dose of methadone roight now! Why? Why?
For Methadone, WHY do you get high on it? I never have in my whole 4yr of use. I go to work & never nodded in my life. I just been clean not using anything but my methadone.I never liked taking it, I wished I could get off now! But, I'm afraid of the detox. But, I will try it anyways. I never want to use again, cause that would just defeat the purpose of getting off drugs. That was my main goal in life. I have done that, Now I want to be free. If your not ready to stop using, why get off methadone. DON't even do it until your ready to be drugfree. Otherwise you'll be back, and the whole process starts again.But, I don't understand why you like it so much, Is cause you don't want to be sick. I hate the taste, I always Have, It makes me sick! If I could stop tomarrow I would. I will sooner of later. I need some help with it, then I will be free of everything.
Poppy

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2817
Oct 17, 2010
 
Poppy wrote:
Im a well known druggie around somerset and I was wondering if anyone could tell me why? And why tha I love subutex and methadone so much I mean they rule my whole life I mean I would literally give my left testicle for a good dose of methadone roight now! Why? Why?
. This post is so childish it's just crazy.If you knew me you would know dif.I haven't been posting becouse of this kind of thing.You seem to be talking about you'er self here seeing that it has been months that anyone has been on this topic.I hope you feel proud to bring this up again becouse people still need to see it.
Oh forgot Sometset won the suit was dismissed.They thought they could make millions here and only lost money.Why to go Somerset.
Poppy

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2818
Oct 17, 2010
 
Sorry I ment way to go Somerset.also if you knew me you would also know that I could get a great big dose of Methadone anytime I wanted it.God took that away from me I'm so much happyer now.Thanks for thinking of me after such a long time.LOL
Poppy

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2819
Oct 17, 2010
 
I still think it's funny that you went and dug up this old thread that is three or four months old just to post that stupid comment.You must have just gotten you'er dose and was thinking about me.I hope my thoughts stay with you becouse it seems like they already do.Funny only a junky would be so resentfull to dig up a old post like that.
Good luck my dear friend you might get it one day and understand what I have been saying this whole time.You are most likely so wraped up with the clinic that you can't break free.don't be afaid just put down the Methadone.
Poppy

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2820
Oct 17, 2010
 
Debrinconcita wrote:
<quoted text>I wished I would have heard about this before I wasted my time on Methadone. BUT, I am clean for 3yrs. I go to therapy, meetings & I get tested weekly. I have not used in 3-4 yrs. I relapsed one time about more than 2 yrs ago.MY cleandate is Oct. 6,2008. Methadone never made me knod out, I see others that do. But they take other pills on top of their doses called BENZo's. I never
took one, & I never will. I just want to be
done,& free of all this. I can stay clean
forever. I know that today! Thanks for the
info. I will look into it.
. You are soober not clean.clean would be no Methadone.you are soober.LOL
Quebert

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2821
Oct 17, 2010
 
Poppy wrote:
Im a well known druggie around somerset and I was wondering if anyone could tell me why? And why tha I love subutex and methadone so much I mean they rule my whole life I mean I would literally give my left testicle for a good dose of methadone roight now! Why? Why?
Methadone, or any other drug is not food.
It's not water.
You're not currently in some medical need of medicine.
You love a drug you have no need for because you want the pleasure that drug gives you. Just like someone who takes a drink or eats chocolate, of has sex, plain and simple.
Your problem is the drug can't give you what you want anymore, but you still think that if you keep trying, you'll somehow get back to that place.

You have no physical or really psychic need for these drugs, when you realize this, you won't care about the drugs anymore.
Chemical Change

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2822
Oct 17, 2010
 
I totally agree with the statement from "Poppy," if you are taking ANY medication to keep you from w/d or having the urge/crave to abuse another drug, then that IS NOT BEING CLEAN, that is Mainting to be somewhat sober. I say somewhat because if you are putting ANY chemical in your body, then THERE ARE STILL CHANGES in your brain that can make you a high risk to others. What I mean by "high risk" is that if you are taking ANY opioid, regardless of what it is prescribed for, then there are warnings of not driving or operating any type of machinery. You all know that I am stating facts, not judgment. Now, you might believe that while you are taking another medication to assist you with "getting off drugs" can make you feel like you are thinking more clearly, and in some ways you are, but if you really were totally drug free of ANY sort, you would see and even larger difference...which is your ultimate goal, no doubt. The thing you have to realize is that once you are addicted, especially those that have abused drugs for a long time, YOUR BRAIN IS NO LONGER the same as it was before drugs. Also, it will NEVER be the same as it was before drug abuse. Your brain after drug abuse/addiction is chemically changed FOREVER! Now, that doesn't mean that you can't get off of drugs and lead a normal healthy life. The reason you WILL ALWAYS be an addict, is due to these forever changes in your brain...which is why there will always be a chance of relapse. If you really want help getting clean, then YOUR part is to accept that YOU WILL HAVE TO ENDURE SOME PAIN to be free. The problem with most people is that their expectation is to have NO PAIN AT ALL. Life entails pain, whether it be physical or psycological, it is a part of "life." People coming off drugs have even more issues because part of the reason they ended up on drugs is because they had "ZERO" skills in dealing with pain or problems. Anyway, good luck

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2823
Oct 17, 2010
 
Chemical Change wrote:
I totally agree with the statement from "Poppy," if you are taking ANY medication to keep you from w/d or having the urge/crave to abuse another drug, then that IS NOT BEING CLEAN, that is Mainting to be somewhat sober. I say somewhat because if you are putting ANY chemical in your body, then THERE ARE STILL CHANGES in your brain that can make you a high risk to others. What I mean by "high risk" is that if you are taking ANY opioid, regardless of what it is prescribed for, then there are warnings of not driving or operating any type of machinery. You all know that I am stating facts, not judgment. Now, you might believe that while you are taking another medication to assist you with "getting off drugs" can make you feel like you are thinking more clearly, and in some ways you are, but if you really were totally drug free of ANY sort, you would see and even larger difference...which is your ultimate goal, no doubt. The thing you have to realize is that once you are addicted, especially those that have abused drugs for a long time, YOUR BRAIN IS NO LONGER the same as it was before drugs. Also, it will NEVER be the same as it was before drug abuse. Your brain after drug abuse/addiction is chemically changed FOREVER! Now, that doesn't mean that you can't get off of drugs and lead a normal healthy life. The reason you WILL ALWAYS be an addict, is due to these forever changes in your brain...which is why there will always be a chance of relapse. If you really want help getting clean, then YOUR part is to accept that YOU WILL HAVE TO ENDURE SOME PAIN to be free. The problem with most people is that their expectation is to have NO PAIN AT ALL. Life entails pain, whether it be physical or psycological, it is a part of "life." People coming off drugs have even more issues because part of the reason they ended up on drugs is because they had "ZERO" skills in dealing with pain or problems. Anyway, good luck
Thank you doctor.
BTW, can you tell me which part of the brain is affected ? Yes and, can we still see those 'permenant changes' on a scan, say months after dependency has ceased ?

The warning also continues by saying, "until you know how you'll react."

What I love about opinions is, we get to have them even when there wrong.
Langford and Son

Leitchfield, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2824
Oct 17, 2010
 
Amen ABC 152
MitchS

Massey, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2825
Oct 17, 2010
 
I live close to a methadone maintenance clinic and have never had an issue with the general population in the neighborhood. Thanks to companies like Purdue many successful people are now opiate addicts as well. http://wellnessinthenow.com

“Not Afraid to speak the truth!”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2826
Oct 17, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

Chemical Change wrote:
I totally agree with the statement from "Poppy," if you are taking ANY medication to keep you from w/d or having the urge/crave to abuse another drug, then that IS NOT BEING CLEAN, that is Mainting to be somewhat sober. I say somewhat because if you are putting ANY chemical in your body, then THERE ARE STILL CHANGES in your brain that can make you a high risk to others. What I mean by "high risk" is that if you are taking ANY opioid, regardless of what it is prescribed for, then there are warnings of not driving or operating any type of machinery. You all know that I am stating facts, not judgment. Now, you might believe that while you are taking another medication to assist you with "getting off drugs" can make you feel like you are thinking more clearly, and in some ways you are, but if you really were totally drug free of ANY sort, you would see and even larger difference...which is your ultimate goal, no doubt. The thing you have to realize is that once you are addicted, especially those that have abused drugs for a long time, YOUR BRAIN IS NO LONGER the same as it was before drugs. Also, it will NEVER be the same as it was before drug abuse. Your brain after drug abuse/addiction is chemically changed FOREVER! Now, that doesn't mean that you can't get off of drugs and lead a normal healthy life. The reason you WILL ALWAYS be an addict, is due to these forever changes in your brain...which is why there will always be a chance of relapse. If you really want help getting clean, then YOUR part is to accept that YOU WILL HAVE TO ENDURE SOME PAIN to be free. The problem with most people is that their expectation is to have NO PAIN AT ALL. Life entails pain, whether it be physical or psycological, it is a part of "life." People coming off drugs have even more issues because part of the reason they ended up on drugs is because they had "ZERO" skills in dealing with pain or problems. Anyway, good luck
So that means everyone on here's brains are no good forever. Right thats what you said. So all the judgment calls on here are from other addicts. Who's brains are messed up, who are they to judge anyone? They should support everyone who's trying, I DO.

“Not Afraid to speak the truth!”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2827
Oct 17, 2010
 
MitchS wrote:
I live close to a methadone maintenance clinic and have never had an issue with the general population in the neighborhood. Thanks to companies like Purdue many successful people are now opiate addicts as well. http://wellnessinthenow.com
What a great & positive comment. Your a good person, I went to this site. I like it alot, I have been following this for a while now? I can't remember how I heard about it. But, I am a sucessful former Opiate Addict. I am no longer a lifetime user. Thanks to God, me, therapy,couseling,& positive thinking & reinforcment in my life. Soberliving, & meetings & support groups are the bomb. If you want help ask for it, It's out there just reach out, & grab some. I DID & I will continue for life.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 2,701 - 2,720 of3,023
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

84 Users are viewing the Health Forum right now

Search the Health Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Trying to vaccinate against cowardice failed 31 min PHARMA PAID TROLL 2
Hyping Your Conspiracy Theory In 5 Easy Steps 34 min PHARMA PAID TROLL 7
Richard Feldman: Vaccines and autism: Numerous ... 36 min PHARMA PAID TROLL 3
Fighting the habit 40 min FIGHTING FOR AIR 1
Smoking ban on the grow 44 min DUH I SMOKE 1
Vaping: The battle for acceptance is rising 45 min DUH I VAPE 1
Island women part of contingent protesting N.B.... 1 hr Save the baby 1
Pregnancy Symptoms - 12 Very Early Symptoms of ... (Jun '07) 12 hr Tilly 5,682
•••
•••
•••
•••