Should You Take a Cholesterol-Lowerin...

Should You Take a Cholesterol-Lowering Drug?

There are 4 comments on the Genesee Country Express story from Feb 15, 2014, titled Should You Take a Cholesterol-Lowering Drug?. In it, Genesee Country Express reports that:

Most of us know that high cholesterol can raise our risk of heart disease or stroke-and about a quarter of us, according to the Centers for Disease Control , are keeping our cholesterol in check by taking statins, drugs that reduce fat in the blood.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Genesee Country Express.

Robert Bramel

Lynnwood, WA

#1 Feb 19, 2014
Read the Cochrane Collaboration report on statins. This collaboration is a highly respected organization that evaluates the best studies on medical topics and comes to conclusions. Their conclusion for statins is that 1000 at-risk people would have to take one pill every day for five years, in order to avoid a mere 18 cardiac events. Personally, I think this number is overestimated, but even if it's accurate it means that an individual's risk of having an event is reduced by less than one half of 1% per year. Put another way, 982 people would see no benefit and would be subjected to the very significant side effects of statins, including increased risk of diabetes, mental fuzziness, and muscle fatigue.
Anonymous

Manila, Philippines

#2 Feb 19, 2014
-Cholesterol is a fatty substance found in blood that can cause plaque build-up in the arteries when it becomes too abundant. As plaque accumulates, it increases a person's risk for potentially life-threatening medical conditions like narrowing of the arteries and the formation of blood clots, which may lead to a heart attack or stroke. People with healthy cholesterol can adopt lifestyle habits to help them maintain normal cholesterol levels and a healthier cardiovascular system overall.(Edited by Carolyn Barratt, Maluniu, Felixa)

Here's the Krill Oil a super antioxidant that composed pure oil delivered from Antarctic krill. Krill are plentiful, tiny, bright, pink, shrimp-like crustaceans. The three (3) key substances in krill oil the human body needs to function properly include: omega-3 essential fatty acids (EPA and DHA), phospholipids (an important component of all cell membranes) and anti-oxidants, including astaxanthin (a potent carotenoid that gives krill its red-orange color). Hercules Krill Oil also provides the fatty acids omega-6, omega-9 and vitamins B, E, A and D. It should be noted that Hercules krill are harvested responsibly
HumanSpirit

Fort White, FL

#6 Mar 12, 2015
Anonymous wrote:
-Cholesterol is a fatty substance found in blood that can cause plaque build-up in the arteries when it becomes too abundant. As plaque accumulates, it increases a person's risk for potentially life-threatening medical conditions like narrowing of the arteries and the formation of blood clots, which may lead to a heart attack or stroke. People with healthy cholesterol can adopt lifestyle habits to help them maintain normal cholesterol levels and a healthier cardiovascular system overall.(Edited by Carolyn Barratt, Maluniu, Felixa)
Here's the Krill Oil a super antioxidant that composed pure oil delivered from Antarctic krill. Krill are plentiful, tiny, bright, pink, shrimp-like crustaceans. The three (3) key substances in krill oil the human body needs to function properly include: omega-3 essential fatty acids (EPA and DHA), phospholipids (an important component of all cell membranes) and anti-oxidants, including astaxanthin (a potent carotenoid that gives krill its red-orange color). Hercules Krill Oil also provides the fatty acids omega-6, omega-9 and vitamins B, E, A and D. It should be noted that Hercules krill are harvested responsibly
Wrong

Since: Apr 15

Location hidden

#7 Apr 3, 2015
I myself had high cholesterol at one point of time. I was worried about weightgain, and fat diposition levels. Doctors prescribed medicines but I wanted a safe-to-use medication that I could use daily for a longer span of time. Then I found out about Epic Krushika capsules by Prakruti JiyoFresh. It is an ayurvedic medicine for cholesterol. I think you should include that in your daily medication. Worked for me. All the best!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Health Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Harbor-UCLA Medical Center cited for safety vio... (Oct '11) 19 min Human 238
News Governor signs bill making Oregon first to offe... 7 hr spytheweb 1
News Church accused of offering to 'cure homosexuali... 9 hr Charles P 5
Morgellons - What I believe it really is (Oct '12) 11 hr Whysoserious 295
News Pregnancy Symptoms - 12 Very Early Symptoms of ... (Jun '07) 19 hr Angela 7,244
News Do You Have a Psychiatrist or a Therapist or BOTH? Wed Humanspirit 1
News 3D Dental Scanners Market - Top Segments and Co... Tue yasmine zazi 1
Nudity at doctor's office (Mar '07) Aug 12 2nd Time is a charm 211
More from around the web