Do/Did I have pink eye?

Do/Did I have pink eye?

Posted in the Health Forum

Anonymous

India

#1 Oct 26, 2012
Hello Friends,

okay so Sunday afternoon I was at walmart and my eye started hurting and I looked at it and it had that gooier mucus looking stuff inside it. So I wiped it away and it kept doing that for hours and then turned red and stuff. My mom kept saying it was an "eye cold" since I had been trying to get over a cold. I've been having a sore throat and runny nose that sort of thing off and on for awhile. I went to the doctor and they said I was fine so I do not have strep or anything like that. And then I woke up Monday and my eye lids were crusted together and it looked horrible, it was really red, swollen and even my history teacher kept asking me if I was okay and told me I looked "rough". Anyways Monday night it kinda felt like something was in it but it did not crust over that night and I woke up today and it was hardly red at all and I do not think that gooier stuff is in there anymore. I have not been wearing makeup since its been like that cause if I did have pink eye I did not want to ruin my makeup and stuff. So is it safe to say I do not have pink eye? and I can wear my makeup tomorrow? Apparently pink eye does not just go away like this?

Thanks In Advance
Simon Joseph
Tracy

Hanoi, Vietnam

#2 Nov 8, 2012
I did have pink eye. It was very unpleasant and very trouble. After following some home remedy. It was really effective. I share some home remedy here for any one need:

You can applied one of the ways below.
Ice pack: Ice pack is very effective home remedy to decrease the swelling, itching and redness. This remedy doesn’t treat the infection. Just soak a clean cloth in cold water and remove excess water. Then, put the wet cloth on your eyes. Continue to take ice pack by changing the cloth and water.

Honey and milk: Take honey and warm milk in equal quantity and mix them. Use this mixture to wash your eyes by using an eye cup or a cotton ball. You can also use this mixture as an eye drop or compress. Just drip a few drops of this mixture in your eyes for using it as eye drop or put cloth or cotton pad on your eyes after soaking in the mixture to make a compress. You can also using honey only by dropping honey into infected eye as an eye drop or using it as eyewash (mixing 3 Tbsp honey with to 2 cups of boiling water, use the mixture after it cool).

Hot Compress: Hot compress by using different oils such as rose, lavender or chamomile. Put few drops of oil on a warm cloth and put it over the eyes till the cloth cools. Apply it for 5-10 mins for 3-4 times a day. Hot compress relieves the discomfort as well as removes the infection from the eyes.
Read more here: http://www.eyehealthcare.net/home-remedy-for-...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Health Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
school spanking (Jan '17) 13 min AbbeyLee 2
Planning to get dental crown- will it be painful? (Jul '15) 1 hr laurajkey 4
News Dental Implants & Prosthetics (Implants, Crowns... (Jan '14) 2 hr laurajkey 20
News Dentists might be able to screen for diabetes (Mar '15) 3 hr laurajkey 6
News Trump's 'Obamacare' budget cuts leave Arizona's... 6 hr Concave 2
News On My Mind: Questioning assumptions of modern p... 7 hr Humanspirit 1
Teenager going nude at home 11 hr Anthony 2
watching wife get pregnant by another man (Jan '17) Sep 17 Reginald 16
More from around the web