Doctors often prescribe methadone

Feb 19, 2008 Read more: HeraldTribune.com 225

This is in response to the guest column Wednesday by pharmacist Dan Gregory, titled "Needless overdoses and deaths won't stop without intervention." I take exception to all of Gregory's derogatory comments ... via HeraldTribune.com

Read more
Marot

AOL

#78 Feb 14, 2009
Methadone is Deadly wrote:
<quoted text>
You sure didn't mind backing up kk for all her vile acts now did ya? Did you lose any sleep over that? Where was all that heart and compassion you claim to possess when she was bashing our dead loved ones?
You make me sick.
I really don't care what I make you Pam. As far as kk goes though. I think perhaps that you may be a bit confused through all the emotion that your obsession with her brings out. I wouldn't decribe her writings as bashing your dead loved ones. I read that more than once she called them casualties to the war on drugs in the USA. She bashed you guys yeah, and brought attention to your parenting skills,.. but bashing your kids? Nah, I don't think so,.. I think she only felt sorry that they had you'all for moms.

Marot
Melissa J

Wolfeboro, NH

#79 Feb 14, 2009
Marot wrote:
<quoted text>
I really don't care what I make you Pam. As far as kk goes though. I think perhaps that you may be a bit confused through all the emotion that your obsession with her brings out. I wouldn't decribe her writings as bashing your dead loved ones. I read that more than once she called them casualties to the war on drugs in the USA. She bashed you guys yeah, and brought attention to your parenting skills,.. but bashing your kids? Nah, I don't think so,.. I think she only felt sorry that they had you'all for moms.
Marot
You must truly be demented, you read what KK wrote, you agreed with what KK wrote and you know just how horrific her posts were. My goodness Marot, must I go back and prove you wrong YET AGAIN?!?!

I can re post old posts from KK to prove just how horrible she was about many people's deceased loved ones.

You are completely devoid of almost all human emotion and that is sad, very sad.
Melissa J

Wolfeboro, NH

#80 Feb 14, 2009
Methadone is Deadly wrote:
<quoted text>
You sure didn't mind backing up kk for all her vile acts now did ya? Did you lose any sleep over that? Where was all that heart and compassion you claim to possess when she was bashing our dead loved ones?
You make me sick.
Pam, don't bother, this woman obviously has a coexisting mental disorder, it's quite apparent that it isn't only addiction she suffers from. You can't rationalize with someone as irrational this.

“Be careful what u wish for....”

Since: Jul 08

Ptown Ohio--the hills

#81 Feb 14, 2009
Marot wrote:
<quoted text>
Marot
Just like kk, you twist writings around to suit your agenda. For our parenting skills to be questioned by both of you ex-junkies is a joke in itself. Again you are backing up that wack job.

My obsession with kk? Nothing could be more laughable! I would describe it more as complete and utter dislike, she crossed way too many boundaries...if she did not then WHY was she banned from topix? Hahahahaha, how many people have you known to do so many vile things to actually be banned from topix of all places? Just goes to show ya, losers have loser friends. Better be seeking you a med for logic because you are waaaay lacking in that area.

BTW, what do ya think of the new FDA ruling? lmao!

“Be careful what u wish for....”

Since: Jul 08

Ptown Ohio--the hills

#82 Feb 14, 2009
Melissa J wrote:
<quoted text>
Pam, don't bother, this woman obviously has a coexisting mental disorder, it's quite apparent that it isn't only addiction she suffers from. You can't rationalize with someone as irrational this.
Awww heck Melissa, I know I shouldn't mess with the mentally challenged but she comes on here all big Ike and one doesn't really see how mental she is until they have engaged in more than a few posts with her.

Let's meet up and have a toast on that new FDA ruling soon to be set in place;-)

Woooooohooooo, our voices are FINALLY being heard!
Deanna

Virginia, MN

#83 Feb 23, 2009
I would like to tell all of you out there who want to get on methadone.I want to tell you I was asked by family to get on methadone because they were afraid I would die from other pain meds that did almost take my life many times,now my private took me off cold turkey.That was when I really truly honestly wanted to die.The withdrawl almost killed me.For seven years.Methadone was what I took first thing before anything.I too did the clinic for three years.The clinic is a joke.They water it down,theres is where you will only get temporary relief.But you will phene just like being on a steet drugs,heroin or cocaine.Anything that numbs you.Please,I have been fiagnosed with bone cancer,caused by 7 years of methadone.Now I do not have any choices it,the methadone now owns this body.But not me.Texas girl in Minnesota
jojo

Asheville, NC

#84 Feb 23, 2009
pain free is a fake; is a psycho 4 real..lol...
matt

Boonville, IN

#85 Feb 23, 2009
Michelle wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm having the same problem here in IN. I have found one Dr. and medicaid will even cover it,but once you owe him a bill he will never take you as a patient again. The Dr. is Dr. Ipple just to let anyone in IN know. If anyone knows of any other Dr. please email me and let me know. mlyall75@yahoo.com
I live in Evansville IN. and attend a Methadone Clinic here but it is too expensive!!! Do you know of any docs around my area that will prescibe Methadone? And yes I have tried Suboxone and it did not help me. Thanks for any info you may have!
Marot

AOL

#86 Feb 24, 2009
Deanna wrote:
I would like to tell all of you out there who want to get on methadone.I want to tell you I was asked by family to get on methadone because they were afraid I would die from other pain meds that did almost take my life many times,now my private took me off cold turkey.That was when I really truly honestly wanted to die.The withdrawl almost killed me.For seven years.Methadone was what I took first thing before anything.I too did the clinic for three years.The clinic is a joke.They water it down,theres is where you will only get temporary relief.But you will phene just like being on a steet drugs,heroin or cocaine.Anything that numbs you.Please,I have been fiagnosed with bone cancer,caused by 7 years of methadone.Now I do not have any choices it,the methadone now owns this body.But not me.Texas girl in Minnesota
I am very sorry to hear about your diagnosis. I do not think that you have any reason to feel bad about being on Methadone though. It is good for cancer pts because it lasts longer, so the pain relief is more stable without as many ups and downs. Your Dr. should never have made you cold turkey either. It is very dangerous to detox, and one should be hospitalized during withdrawal. A slow taper would have been even better.

Here is a list of Methadone myths for you. Many folks including Drs. are uneducated about Methadone. That is one of the main reasons that folks from the pain clinics are dying from ODs.

http://www.brandywinecounseling.org/Methadone...

Marot

“HELPING PREVENT DIVERSION”

Since: Jun 08

Odessa, FL

#87 Feb 28, 2009
jojo wrote:
pain free is a fake; is a psycho 4 real..lol...
What the hell is this!!!

I havent' been here on ages'.....lmao

The joke is on you.

PainFree/Jena
lolnonymous

Sheboygan, WI

#88 Mar 3, 2009
I'm interested to know who told you Methadone caused your bone cancer, and if they provided you with access to any research verifying such a claim.

I've been unable to find anything of the sort, thus far on the Internet. Not even a news report. On the other hand I did see research about Methadone actually helping to treat cancer. Apparently it kills resistant Leukemia cells. This was published in the Aug. 1, 2008 issue of Cancer Research.

Since: Apr 09

AOL

#89 Apr 21, 2009
Martin wrote:
Thomas, I have a doctor that prescribes methadone. He gives me 180 tabs a month. I take 60 mg of metahdone a day.
Email me martinguzmaniii@yahoo.com
martin, I know your response was to thomas, but please email me at quagliatos@aol.com...i would really appreaciate your help. barb
jcsparrow360

New York, NY

#90 May 28, 2009
Thomas wrote:
Yes, I have a problem with that as well. I live in Houston TX. I have chronic pain, and have two plates in my head, and my right eye socket is constructed of titanium mesh. The problem lies because I have head pain, and I have always been a migraine sufferer, and was prescribed MS Contin for pain. I was prescribed 2 X 100mg MS Contins a day. Shockingly enough after years of use NOT abuse I became physically addicted. I wanted to take care of the addiction because I don't like anything to dictate my life, but myself. I have now been taking Suboxone for over a year now, and have been in constant pain, and have been plagued with crippling migraines.

So, now I no longer take MS Contin, but I'm back at square one in just as much pain as ever. I have come to find out that Suboxone actually is known to trigger migraines in people who are prone to them. Also while I'm on Suboxone no other pain reliever will work including IB Proffen etc.
I would like to be on Methadone, but the only way I can seem to find to get it is through a Methadone Clinic. Are there Doctors that can prescribe Methadone other than SKID ROW STYLE CLINICS? I would love to have a Doctor that can take care of my issues on a 1 to 1 bases, and take advantage of the expensive insurance I have!
Thanks,
Thomas
hey, u need to go to a hospital and ask for "PAIN MANAGEMENT"
jcsparrow360

New York, NY

#91 May 28, 2009
hey Roger M, u need to go to a hospital that has "Pain Management" they will prescribe methadone to you monthly. but u need to find the right hospital. most of them that do so, usually are the ones that have a good meantal health unit, even thou it doesnt have to do with each other they need to evaluate u mentally. god luck, im in the middle of something simular.

Odessa, FL

#92 May 28, 2009
jcsparrow360 wrote:
hey Roger M, u need to go to a hospital that has "Pain Management" they will prescribe methadone to you monthly. but u need to find the right hospital. most of them that do so, usually are the ones that have a good meantal health unit, even thou it doesnt have to do with each other they need to evaluate u mentally. god luck, im in the middle of something simular.
Hello,

Your absolutely right. In Florida they call them "addictionologists'(worki ng w/ pain mgmt. and evaluating mental health), which usually goes' hand in hand. Unfortunately they are far and few in between. It will take some research to find the right physician for you.

Take Care and Good Luck. I might be able to find one for you in our database at work, I work in pain mgmt. and we have addictionologists' saved from all over the U.S.

If you want, email me @ stopdiversion@excite.com.

Take Care,

PF/Jena
Ian Detroit MI

Rochester, MI

#94 Aug 8, 2009
I am currently on 80mg of methadone and I am attending one of those pain in the --- clinics. Does anyone in the Detroit area know of a doctor that will prescribe methadone?
Ian Detroit MI

Rochester, MI

#96 Aug 10, 2009
hay brian i am grown up and trying to get my life together, just lookin for another way to do it. if u dont have anything pertaining to my question dont bother ayin anything to me

Odessa, FL

#98 Aug 14, 2009
Ian Detroit MI wrote:
hay brian i am grown up and trying to get my life together, just lookin for another way to do it. if u dont have anything pertaining to my question dont bother ayin anything to me
Hello,

It sounds' like your just looking for a better clinic, am I correct?? Are you at a poorly run clinic?....what exactly is your situation when you say "pain in the.... clinic".

If so let me know and I will try and find a professional and legitimate pain mgmt. clinic that prescribes' methadone in that area.

I work in pain mgmt. and have the resources' to possibly help you find a clinic.

Take Care,

PainFree

Odessa, FL

#99 Aug 14, 2009
"Hay brian i am grown up and trying to get my life together, just lookin for a hook up on some methadone. another way yo get high as fck!. if u dont have anything to sell me, dont bother ayin anything to me"

Ian,

Please disregard my last post to you....I did not see the "trying to get high as .... part and "sell me" part.

Hope you find a solution to your addiction.

PF

Odessa, FL

#100 Aug 14, 2009
Brian wrote:
<quoted text>sir,this is adrug free forum we don't help with getting drugs!! come see us when u grow up and want to get off the bad drugs!! DRUGS ARE BAD!!
"Ian Detroit MI wrote:
hay brian i am grown up and trying to get my life together, just lookin for a hook up on some methadone. another way yo get high as fck!. if u dont have anything to sell me, dont bother ayin anything to me"

Ian,

Please disregard my last post to you....as I did not see the one you wrote stating you wanted to buy meds' and get high.

Good luck w/ your addiction.

PF

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Health Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Doctor: Cabbage can cure erectile dysfunction (Jun '09) 25 min Quoery 302
News Dentists and Denturists: A Working Partnership 2 hr cakehole 1
News Finally, Congress OKs Bill Reshaping Medicare D... 2 hr Who 5
News MensSEX Clinic Opens in Lagos, Nigeria 3 hr brianfarrel 3
News NY Man Demonstrates How Not to Get Rid of Bedbugs 4 hr Sullytube 15
News E-Cigarettes Don't Work as Quit-Smoking Aid: Study 5 hr Havesomedamnsense 1
News Why norovirus is such a menace (Feb '14) 12 hr premier pools of JDL 33
News Pregnancy Symptoms - 12 Very Early Symptoms of ... (Jun '07) 21 hr bjmeg 6,255
More from around the web