Diabetes plea to parents and teachers...

Diabetes plea to parents and teachers after tot nearly dies: 'Know the symptoms'

There are 1 comment on the Bournemouth Echo story from Dec 12, 2012, titled Diabetes plea to parents and teachers after tot nearly dies: 'Know the symptoms'. In it, Bournemouth Echo reports that:

A POOLE consultant has warned of the symptoms of diabetes after a tot from St Leonards almost died of the illness.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Bournemouth Echo.

“Steps To Success”

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#1 Dec 13, 2012
This is a great article. Major issue, especially in the D.C Metro area, where there aren't nearly enough school nurses. Teachers/Staff NEED to know at least the basics of how to deal with Diabetic students. We go around school to school(the ones that actually allow training sessions) and teach the staff about diabetes, how to treat low/high blood sugars and more. They just need to know more.

Visit our Diabetes Education & Management organization, www.steps-to-success.org

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Health Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News When will we see a herpes cure? (Mar '10) 4 hr Palma 45
Morgellons - What I believe it really is (Oct '12) 8 hr Nivoldoog 327
News Kentucky Could Become The Only State Without A ... 9 hr Common sense 147
News America opposes gay marriage (Dec '09) 11 hr The Worlds Bigges... 1,786
News Pregnancy Symptoms - 12 Very Early Symptoms of ... (Jun '07) 12 hr Cgarcia20 7,278
News Report: Medicaid enrollments, costs begin to st... 12 hr RustyS 4
News Trump gets Obamacare reform started 13 hr Retribution 87
watching wife get pregnant by another man (Jan '17) Oct 8 Mike 21
More from around the web