Do You Want People With Alzheimer's L...

Do You Want People With Alzheimer's Living Near You?

There are 8 comments on the Star Tribune story from Dec 10, 2012, titled Do You Want People With Alzheimer's Living Near You?. In it, Star Tribune reports that:

Eric Schubert is a vice president at Ecumen , an innovative nonprofit senior housing and services company based in Shoreview.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Star Tribune.

carla danesi

Florence, MA

#1 Dec 11, 2012
Shame on anyone that lacks the compassion,empathy and understanding to complain about people with alzheimers living near them.they obviously are ignorant of the disease and need educating.when you turn your back on someone with this wretched disease you turn your back on yourself.I will continue to fight for knowledge,education,research and progress regarding this horrific disease-for my mom,because she deserves me to,and in honor of her and of all mankind.mom I love you and I'm keeping my promise.thanks carla danesi Glorias daughter "remember Gloria,Gloria lives"

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#2 Jan 5, 2013
hell no send them all on an island and let them duke it out or just throw them in auschwitz
enida silvestri

Saint Louis, MO

#3 Jan 6, 2013
carla danesi wrote:
Shame on anyone that lacks the compassion,empathy and understanding to complain about people with alzheimers living near them.they obviously are ignorant of the disease and need educating.when you turn your back on someone with this wretched disease you turn your back on yourself.I will continue to fight for knowledge,education,research and progress regarding this horrific disease-for my mom,because she deserves me to,and in honor of her and of all mankind.mom I love you and I'm keeping my promise.thanks carla danesi Glorias daughter "remember Gloria,Gloria lives"
I agree . Is a It takes a village approach .My husband came down with this at 48 years old .
enida silvestri

Saint Louis, MO

#4 Jan 6, 2013
japan4 wrote:
hell no send them all on an island and let them duke it out or just throw them in auschwitz
I hope you or one of your dear family member comes down with this....sad because you or might them will . Ironic thing , I will be there for you if you need me .

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#5 Jan 6, 2013
enida silvestri wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope you or one of your dear family member comes down with this....sad because you or might them will . Ironic thing , I will be there for you if you need me .
My dad has and he agrees to send em off!
lol seriously
Leanne

Burbank, CA

#7 Jan 13, 2013
enida silvestri wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree . Is a It takes a village approach .My husband came down with this at 48 years old .
You probably don't remember now, but did your husband have a pnuemonia shot in the months or years previous to the first symptoms?
ryanharris

Chandigarh, India

#8 Jun 20, 2013
It's not about sending them away, it's all about finding a place where proper care can be given to them.My garndfather is a patient of Alzheimer. It was a tough decision to let AL take care of him but i knew it was the best for him and family.He is now at Luvida Care Solutions Belton, TX which is an AL only for Alzheimer's patients. It feels good seeing him doing better there.
What

Saint Paul, MN

#9 Jun 21, 2013
Adult Protection services may want to do a welfare check of the parents of those Woodbury and Minnetonka residents with that opinion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Health Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lawmakers revisiting requiring those on Medicai... 34 min Red Crosse 101
News Natural Ingredients for Healthy Skin (Mar '12) 1 hr Sparker444 7
News How to Get an Accurate Depression Diagnosis 11 hr Humanspirit 2
News Columbus abortion clinic scrambling to stay open 12 hr BIzzyBee 78
News U.S. House bill would exempt e-cigarettes from ... 14 hr Say What 12
News Man Wants Hospital to Remove Surgical Clip (Jan '08) 16 hr Peki 272
News Vaccine opponents are gaining traction in Washi... Sat Samson 8
Nudity at doctor's office (Mar '07) Apr 24 martymcfly 162
More from around the web