Kaufman: Treating osteoarthritis with...

Kaufman: Treating osteoarthritis with acupuncture

There are 2 comments on the Kelowna Capital News story from Feb 13, 2013, titled Kaufman: Treating osteoarthritis with acupuncture. In it, Kelowna Capital News reports that:

The smooth surface of the cartilage becomes rough, causing irritation. Eventually, if the cartilage wears down completely, there may be no cushion left between the bones and the joint may be left with bone rubbing on bone, causing damage to the ends of the bones and the joints to become painful.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Kelowna Capital News.

Since: Feb 13

Las Vegas, NV

#1 Feb 14, 2013
Many Americans have a certain view of Western medicine - that Doctors are NOT equipped to cure their patients. Instead, they simply focus on temporary treatments. Because of this, it is a great time (as a society and as students) to explore alternative institutions of medicine such as Oriental Medicine and Acupuncture

I am thinking about becoming a student at Wongu University of OM and Acupuncture School ( http://wongu.org/site/acupuncture/ ) but the only thing that stops me is how Americans view the field. Basically, since older Asian immigrants are more than likely the primary patient base, after they are gone, will I be able to make a living practicing this amazing art and science?

Even to this day there is still a fantastical Disney-like magic associated with Oriental Medicine and acupuncture, but I have to say that I have seen (and experienced) it's effectiveness first hand. For it to help treat osteoarthritis is awesome, because the more publicity it gets, the more the Western and Eastern Medical fields can fuse (which will provide us average Joes with more medical options and I, with an opportunity to make a living treating patients in OM). Oriental Medicine may not be the end all be all "cure," but there are some benefits and because of this, it should be taken seriously.
Jhelou M

Paradise Valley, AZ

#2 Feb 22, 2013
Check with your doctor if acupuncture will do well with you. Safe medical practices and medical devices will ensure your recovery from pains and disorders. On a similar note, it is also important for the public to know that in August 2010, Johnson and Johnson has finally realized the ASR Hip Replacement Recall. The two specific models subject to the recall are the DePuy ASR XL Acetabular System total hip replacement and the ASR Hip Resurfacing System. See depuysettlements.com

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Health Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Drug Addiction Epidemic Town Hall Meeting set f... 1 min Drug Enforcement 7
News Hospital to host health seminar on hypertension... (Oct '09) 2 hr Jon 4
News A look behind the scenes of a kidney transplant... 2 hr Jon 1
News Halton Hills mayor Bonette: Thanking volunteers... 7 hr elevator excuse eh 7
News 10 weird and crazy sex facts you may not know 7 hr Enzo49 6
News Federal tax hike on cigarettes is criticized by... (Mar '09) 12 hr A Nonsmoker 44
News Supreme Court strikes down Texas abortion clini... 17 hr WeTheSheeple 120
News Pregnancy Symptoms - 12 Very Early Symptoms of ... (Jun '07) Fri Bobby 6,879
Nudity at doctor's office (Mar '07) Fri Arlene 01 91
More from around the web