Memory Loss Could Be Caused By Your Meds, Not Your Age

Nov 10, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Huffington Post

Do you take medicines to help you sleep or manage allergies? Many seniors do. But these same medicines could also be impacting your memory and ability to concentrate.

Comments
1 - 20 of 28 Comments Last updated Oct 8, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Oct 12

Hull, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Nov 29, 2012
 
Wow..just trying to work out if that would be my reaction if I bought a bad batch....I once bought some that weren't even symetrical, all different sizes, and blue dye came off in your hands..They did a job had a few bad sides, but I just thought prob not be getting those again...Hope I don't have to start buying off some muggy c**t on the street again, I quite like this method...

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Nov 29, 2012
 
I've heard alot about this too, especially with stuff like Valium, Klonopin, and Ativan. Somehow or another they create mild amnesia especially in short-term memory. I've taken Klonopin myself, on-and-on over the years, and I've found that when I first started taking it years ago, my brain was in a general state of fog and my memory wasn't as keen as before, but these got better after about a month as I adjusted to it.

Since: Jul 12

Jaguariúna, Brazil

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Nov 29, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

Benzos are sedative hypnotics meaning they will sedate and hypnotise you. It is well known fact they cause memory loss and blackouts particularly when used in large doses and over extended periods of time and a certainty when mixed with alcohol.
Zolpidem,Ambien,Zopiclone too.
These problems normally arise from the abuse of benzos and z drugs not from proscribed genuine use however benzos in particular should never be used long term unless there is good reason.

kts

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Nov 29, 2012
 
On other breaking news.Liverpool is in England as well

Regards

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Nov 29, 2012
 
KTS_orb wrote:
Benzos are sedative hypnotics meaning they will sedate and hypnotise you. It is well known fact they cause memory loss and blackouts particularly when used in large doses and over extended periods of time and a certainty when mixed with alcohol.
Zolpidem,Ambien,Zopiclone too.
These problems normally arise from the abuse of benzos and z drugs not from proscribed genuine use however benzos in particular should never be used long term unless there is good reason.
kts
This is end of thread

Sorry never had read before first comment.Agree with all you say.

Regards

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Nov 29, 2012
 
The itching is caused mainly by Opiates ? Correct me if wrong.

Regards

Since: Jul 12

Jaguariúna, Brazil

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Nov 30, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Cliffs wrote:
The itching is caused mainly by Opiates ? Correct me if wrong.
Regards
Yes, opiates tend to cause itching. It is really just a release of histamine in the body, a common side effect which happen more with codeine than any other opiate. For some it is a serious problem, always have an antihistamine or two if taking opiates from my experience but remember than some antihistamines will potentiate the opiate. Take care.

kts

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Nov 30, 2012
 
KTS_orb wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, opiates tend to cause itching. It is really just a release of histamine in the body, a common side effect which happen more with codeine than any other opiate. For some it is a serious problem, always have an antihistamine or two if taking opiates from my experience but remember than some antihistamines will potentiate the opiate. Take care.
kts
Thought so mate

Safe
The Alive Academy

Pawtucket, RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Nov 30, 2012
 
The reason why our society today has so many health issues is because of all the junk we eat and get from over the counter medicine. The right way to become healthy, live longer, and lose weight is eating the right foods not less food and consuming natural supplements not medicine that have countless side effects. www.thaliveacademy.com has more information on the proper way to regain your health
buildbettersleep

Reykjavík, Iceland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Nov 30, 2012
 
We've known for more than a decade now, that part of the "sleeping better" action of benzodiazapines is their retrograde amnesia effect. You just don't remember that you were awake, but you were awake nonetheless. Affects on memory are significant, and probably cumulative.
valium

Leicester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Dec 1, 2012
 
test

Anonymous Proxy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Dec 2, 2012
 
test
lolipop val

Glasgow, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Dec 2, 2012
 
what are we talking about

Since: Jul 12

Águas De Lindóia, Brazil

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Dec 3, 2012
 
junkhead23 wrote:
Diazepam is not a hypnotic benzo it is an anxiolytic one it can aid sleep but it is used mostly to treat anxiety short term. Hypnotic benzos are one like Nitrazepam and Temazepam though they all have amnesiac like effects. Worst for this being phenazepam.
Yes it is an anxiolotic and,.,.,., also an anti convulsant as well as being a sedative hypnotic, in fact the most commonly used ones. Most benzos display anxiolotic and hypnotic properties and often anti convulsant properties but it is the hypnotic properties that will affect the memory and make give people that feeling of being invisible when out shopping-shoplifting not the anxiolotic or anti convulsant properties.

kts

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Dec 3, 2012
 
KTS_orb wrote:
<quoted text>Yes it is an anxiolotic and,.,.,., also an anti convulsant as well as being a sedative hypnotic, in fact the most commonly used ones. Most benzos display anxiolotic and hypnotic properties and often anti convulsant properties but it is the hypnotic properties that will affect the memory and make give people that feeling of being invisible when out shopping-shoplifting not the anxiolotic or anti convulsant properties.
kts
Someone knows what they speak about,good i am not alone.
Wise words.
C
Vaccines Cause Autism

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Dec 3, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Flu vaccines contain aluminum and mercury, both neurotoxic, genotoxic, mutogenic and are endocrine disruptors. They are pushed on seniors every year. Theres your memory loss as they develop alzheimers from these heavy metals.
Timmy the spastic

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Dec 3, 2012
 
Vaccines Cause Autism wrote:
Flu vaccines contain aluminum and mercury, both neurotoxic, genotoxic, mutogenic and are endocrine disruptors. They are pushed on seniors every year. Theres your memory loss as they develop alzheimers from these heavy metals.
im going home for a wank.

“benzo hunting”

Since: Jul 11

Newcastle upon Tyne

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Dec 6, 2012
 
I'm on sertraline and they've made my memory horrendous

“Kitten with a lunging whip”

Since: Apr 12

Peeping in your window

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Dec 6, 2012
 
Shouldn't do, been on that years ago. Never affected my memory.
But everyone is different

“Kitten with a lunging whip”

Since: Apr 12

Peeping in your window

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Dec 6, 2012
 
And uh, you're a benzo abuser... Case in point..
Au revoir

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••