Thrift shop opens in Buckhannon

Nov 13, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Inter-Mountain

Tucked away in a small building across from Buckhannon City Hall is a new store called the Thrifty Nifty Shop and Upshur Flavored E-Cigs.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 14 of14
too funny

Elkins, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

Judged:

When I saw Upshur Flavored E-Cigs all I could think of was Meth and Butt Crack Flavor. What other flavors would Upshur County bring to mind? Especially with that location.
smoke this

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2013

Do they have the fake pot?
Purple Kush?
oh boy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2013

I checked it out, it smells and is dark and dingy and cluttered. Its like a trashy inside yard sale. If they organized their items and cleaned it up it could be a nice store. Hopefully they will put a little more effort in.
AND SO

Sioux City, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2013

Judged:

Ignorance is as ignorance does!
Hello

Buckhannon, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2013

Judged:

Don't go there
lol

Lowell, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2013

Judged:

Leave this store alone. They are trying to give people something that is needed. If you don't like it dont go there, simple as that. I have heard it is a nice place to shop. I will be checking it out. That's my kind of store.
Hmmmm

Buckhannon, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2013

Where at? What days and hours
oh boy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2013

Judged:

lol wrote:
Leave this store alone. They are trying to give people something that is needed. If you don't like it dont go there, simple as that. I have heard it is a nice place to shop. I will be checking it out. That's my kind of store.
I'm not saying its not needed. I am saying that it needs to be cleaned up and organized. I said in my last post, it could be a nice store, but it needs some work. I love thrift stores, but I don't want to buy things that smell bad and have to be put aired out before I can bring them in my house. I smoke but the smell of cigarette smoke was pretty strong, could be from where it was a bar before.
Joe

Elkins, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2013

What are the hours?
lol

Lowell, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

Thursday, Friday, Saturday...9-2
Truth Hurts

Fairmont, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

Judged:

Another here today, gone tomorrow store in Buckhannon. Why doesn't someone open a nice clothing store, or a shoe shop? I don't mean clothing for youung girls who like to show their ass, I mean clothes like Lee Jeans, dress clothes, and clothing suited for attenting upscale affairs. Not a bunch of low rider jeans, and waist lines so low you can see what they did the night before.

Or even a decent restaurant where you can go get a nice, tender steak with a pleseant atmosphere fuited for family meals? All we have are Chinese, Mexican or some fast food joint serving food that will give you a heart attack before you get to the car. Forget about the steak house in Tennerton.

The food sucks, their steaks are tough, and the servings are like a happy meal at McDonalds. I haven't found anyone who ate there who though their food was good. Several said they left hungry. I ate there once. Worst food I've had in years.
we dine too

Buckhannon, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

Truth Hurts wrote:
Another here today, gone tomorrow store in Buckhannon. Why doesn't someone open a nice clothing store, or a shoe shop? I don't mean clothing for youung girls who like to show their ass, I mean clothes like Lee Jeans, dress clothes, and clothing suited for attenting upscale affairs. Not a bunch of low rider jeans, and waist lines so low you can see what they did the night before.
Or even a decent restaurant where you can go get a nice, tender steak with a pleseant atmosphere fuited for family meals? All we have are Chinese, Mexican or some fast food joint serving food that will give you a heart attack before you get to the car. Forget about the steak house in Tennerton.
The food sucks, their steaks are tough, and the servings are like a happy meal at McDonalds. I haven't found anyone who ate there who though their food was good. Several said they left hungry. I ate there once. Worst food I've had in years.
I agree that we need more retail choices in Buckhannon but until we get them, do you ever go to Goody's? Although not the greatest, they do offer a better quality than Walmart & the prices aren't bad. They have shoes too & some of them are rather nice.

You are so right about the steakhouse. The food is terrible. We tried it four or five times, hoping it would get better and it never did.

You should try the 88 restaurant since they have some delicious menu items & their dinner specials can be very tasty & reasonable. Their meatloaf is good as well as their baked steak. Their blackened chicken is good & not too expensive. We take visiting friends there all the time.

Hopefully the new place going in on the Clarksburg Road will offer more than wings & the prices will be reasonable. If not, then maybe we'll be getting more soon. We can hope.
why

Buckhannon, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

we dine too wrote:
<quoted text>I agree that we need more retail choices in Buckhannon but until we get them, do you ever go to Goody's? Although not the greatest, they do offer a better quality than Walmart & the prices aren't bad. They have shoes too & some of them are rather nice.

You are so right about the steakhouse. The food is terrible. We tried it four or five times, hoping it would get better and it never did.

You should try the 88 restaurant since they have some delicious menu items & their dinner specials can be very tasty & reasonable. Their meatloaf is good as well as their baked steak. Their blackened chicken is good & not too expensive. We take visiting friends there all the time.

Hopefully the new place going in on the Clarksburg Road will offer more than wings & the prices will be reasonable. If not, then maybe we'll be getting more soon. We can hope.
Exactly what I was thinking!
For sure

Elkins, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2013

oh boy wrote:
I checked it out, it smells and is dark and dingy and cluttered. Its like a trashy inside yard sale. If they organized their items and cleaned it up it could be a nice store. Hopefully they will put a little more effort in.
Better than that old skank dress shop in town that's only open once a week. Yeah the one on kanawha st..

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 14 of14
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

68 Users are viewing the Health Forum right now

Search the Health Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Udall: Problems with Gardner's birth control plan 55 min whiffer 3
How employers can support workers during Ramadhan 2 hr Ganesh 9
Merck's MSD Pharma to create 800 jobs in India (Nov '08) 2 hr sunil tiwari 220
Fire at Bond Hill home causes major damage 4 hr Ho Lee Chyt 3
Get Rid of Herpes Naturally & Fast: Download PD... 4 hr Koketso 3
Woman Dozes Off, Tanning Bed Timer Fails (Apr '08) 8 hr Sun Screen 3
Bed-wetting blues: Millions of adults suffer, too (Feb '09) 10 hr bedwetter18 135
Pregnancy Symptoms - 12 Very Early Symptoms of ... (Jun '07) 14 hr nae 5,837
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••