OB-GYN group criticizes Texas abortio...

OB-GYN group criticizes Texas abortion bills

There are 493 comments on the KFVS12 story from Jul 5, 2013, titled OB-GYN group criticizes Texas abortion bills. In it, KFVS12 reports that:

The abortion bills under consideration in Texas are being denounced as a form of legislative overreach on the medical rights of women.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KFVS12.

zef

Marina Del Rey, CA

#408 Sep 13, 2013
dedbebbies wrote:
<quoted text>Anything that happens 33% of the time, is pretty normal.
You don't think, period.
Your entire premise is based on the idea that women are little more than walking incubators, endowed with the ability to gestate, and therefore somehow obligated to do so.
It's ridiculous, and insulting. No wonder you can't get a date.
In other words if a jet engine failed to burn jet fuel in mid flight 33% of the time, that is pretty normal. And being pretty normal you would not repair an aircraft whose jet engine failed to burn jet fuel in mid flight 33% of the time.
Lets say a contractor supplies ammunition for the military, and 33% of the time that ammunition misfires. Are you suggesting the military should not seek different ammunition, since as you claim that ammunition is "pretty normal".

“Define Necessity”

Since: Mar 13

FOR YOURSELF

#409 Sep 13, 2013
zef wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words if a jet engine failed to burn jet fuel in mid flight 33% of the time, that is pretty normal. And being pretty normal you would not repair an aircraft whose jet engine failed to burn jet fuel in mid flight 33% of the time.
Lets say a contractor supplies ammunition for the military, and 33% of the time that ammunition misfires. Are you suggesting the military should not seek different ammunition, since as you claim that ammunition is "pretty normal".
Let's say you consider outlawing abortion as a 'repair' for women who might choose an abortion.

Your analogy is thusly flawed.

Intrinsically.

Because we don't need to be repaired....we need to be equal in the eyes of men.

Otherwise, we're 'less than', as YOU would have us be.

Pardon my French, but 'fuckya.'

“Define Necessity”

FOR YOURSELF

#410 Sep 13, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I can exlpain it but I think you still won't understand and prefer to maintain your own conclusions.
A 'direct' abortion is never allowed where the intent is to kill the child. It is allowed that the mother can be treated in any way neccessary to save her life even if the fetus dies due to the treatment. You would see it as the same thing but there is a clear difference and that is 'intent'.
Any time a mother's condition can be managed until the baby can be born and two lives are saved would be the goal.
Semantics and hypocrisy.'Twas ever thus with the SCPL...
AnswersRus

Riverton, WY

#411 Sep 13, 2013
dedbebbies wrote:
<quoted text>It is normal for women to abort - spontaneous abortion occurs to one of every three conceptions. And all women have the right to terminate an unwanted pregnancy, whether or not you approve.
Next...
Define pregnancy.
zef

Marina Del Rey, CA

#412 Sep 13, 2013
dedbebbies wrote:
<quoted text>Let's say you consider outlawing abortion as a 'repair' for women who might choose an abortion.
Intrinsically.
No, even though the women that are killed with abortion die 100% of the time, there is nothing pretty or normal about their deaths. Outlawing abortion repairs the women that are killed with abortion by preventing their untimely and abnormal deaths. The women that kill with abortion don't need repairs, because pregnancy is a normal function their anatomy.
AnswersRus

Riverton, WY

#413 Sep 13, 2013
dedbebbies wrote:
<quoted text>Let's say you consider outlawing abortion as a 'repair' for women who might choose an abortion.
Intrinsically.
"Intrinsically."

Interesting choice of words there. Are you referring to the anatomical definition of intrinsically?

“Define Necessity”

FOR YOURSELF

#414 Sep 13, 2013
AnswersRus wrote:
<quoted text>
Define pregnancy.
http://img.tfd.com/dorland/thu mbs/pregnancy.jpg

“Define Necessity”

FOR YOURSELF

#415 Sep 13, 2013
AnswersRus wrote:
<quoted text>
"Intrinsically."
Interesting choice of words there. Are you referring to the anatomical definition of intrinsically?
I was referring to the intrinsic, and isolationist, view zef promotes, with [his/her/its] assertions that women are intrinsically without value unless we gestate.

Any other questions, primate?
Ocean56

AOL

#416 Sep 14, 2013
zef wrote:
Pregnancy is not a medical condition. Contrary to popular belief, pregnancy is a normal physiological process of a woman's reproductive system.
Motherhood is a state of being. Motherhood is not an option.
Pregnancy IS a medical condition, and an UNWANTED one for any woman who never wanted to BE pregnant in the first place. Contrary to YOUR backward belief, which seems to be that all women want to get pregnant at some point, pregnancy is NOT a desired medical condition for all women.

As to motherhood, it IS an option, no matter how many times you insist that it isn't. That means any woman can opt OUT of motherhood if she doesn't want the hardships and responsibilities it involves.

Motherhood: OPTIONAL, not required.
Ocean56

AOL

#417 Sep 14, 2013
zef wrote:
The question is whether or not you should be terrorizing women for wearing something rude and offensive like pants, so that they will more likely to make the decision to wear something respectable like a sundress.
Oh PLEASE, there's nothing rude or offensive about a woman wearing pants. The only ones who get angry at the thought that women CAN wear pants are backward imbeciles like yourself.

Personally, I'd NEVER wear a sundress (simply because I don't like them), but if another woman wants to wear one, that's entirely HER choice.

Morgana 9

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#418 Sep 14, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I can exlpain it but I think you still won't understand and prefer to maintain your own conclusions.
A 'direct' abortion is never allowed where the intent is to kill the child. It is allowed that the mother can be treated in any way neccessary to save her life even if the fetus dies due to the treatment. You would see it as the same thing but there is a clear difference and that is 'intent'.
Any time a mother's condition can be managed until the baby can be born and two lives are saved would be the goal.
A 'direct' abortion is never allowed where the intent is to kill the child.

An abortion is never allowed. You finally answered!

So if the only way to save the woman/girls life was abortion the idiots in a catholic hospital would sit back calmly and let her die. End of story, and end of story in Ireland. Brilliant!! I hope their is many lawsuits for malpractice and further I hope they are put out of business.
zef

Marina Del Rey, CA

#419 Sep 14, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh PLEASE, there's nothing rude or offensive about a woman wearing pants. The only ones who get angry at the thought that women CAN wear pants are backward imbeciles like yourself.
Personally, I'd NEVER wear a sundress (simply because I don't like them), but if another woman wants to wear one, that's entirely HER choice.
Not if she wants to wear her sundress indoors. Since a sundress is an outdoor dress shouldn't you be insisting she remove her sundress and wear it as a hat while indoors.
AnswersRus

Riverton, WY

#421 Sep 14, 2013
dedbebbies wrote:
<quoted text>I was referring to the intrinsic, and isolationist, view zef promotes, with [his/her/its] assertions that women are intrinsically without value unless we gestate.
Any other questions, primate?
Oh my. Pretty testy ain't ya. Good God woman, all I did was ask a question for clarity of what you meant to say.
AnswersRus

Riverton, WY

#422 Sep 14, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Pregnancy IS a medical condition, and an UNWANTED one for any woman who never wanted to BE pregnant in the first place. Contrary to YOUR backward belief, which seems to be that all women want to get pregnant at some point, pregnancy is NOT a desired medical condition for all women.
As to motherhood, it IS an option, no matter how many times you insist that it isn't. That means any woman can opt OUT of motherhood if she doesn't want the hardships and responsibilities it involves.
Motherhood: OPTIONAL, not required.
"Motherhood: OPTIONAL, not required."

I agree with that.

At what point do you believe the "opt OUT window" should close?
At what point does it change from an option to a murder?
zef

Marina Del Rey, CA

#423 Sep 14, 2013
AnswersRus wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with that.
Motherhood is a state of being, not an option.
As nothing cannot be known by any means or method it must mean, in the context of the question, that a specific named object is present or not present in the observer's experience of a set of objects, conditions for which English uses "is" or "is not." The object therefore cannot be the same, at least in language, as its being present, as it may or may not be present. "Now, if the 'to be' of a thing could be conceived apart from that which exists, it should be represented in our mind by some note distinct from the concept of the thing itself .... In point of fact, it is not so. There is nothing we can add to a concept in order to make it represent the object as existing; what happens if we add anything to it is that it represents something else."
AnswersRus

Riverton, WY

#424 Sep 14, 2013
zef wrote:
<quoted text>
..."
Incorrect.
It can be either or both.
It is not strictly one or the other.

Any fully equipped and viable female can give birth and become a mother. Motherhood is still an option after that point. There is adoption. They are still "mothers" because they gave birth, but motherhood is definitely an option.

There is also the option of choosing motherhood or not, before the pregnancy takes place. Condoms are one of those options. Motherhood itself is also one of those options.

Morgana 9

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#425 Sep 14, 2013
AnswersRus wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with that.
The lines are clearly drawn in RvW.

Now what is your stance on the given subject?
AnswersRus

Riverton, WY

#426 Sep 14, 2013
zef wrote:
<quoted text>
As nothing cannot be known by any means or method it must mean, in the context of the question, that a specific named object is present or not present in the observer's experience of a set of objects, conditions for which English uses "is" or "is not." The object therefore cannot be the same, at least in language, as its being present, as it may or may not be present. "Now, if the 'to be' of a thing could be conceived apart from that which exists, it should be represented in our mind by some note distinct from the concept of the thing itself .... In point of fact, it is not so. There is nothing we can add to a concept in order to make it represent the object as existing; what happens if we add anything to it is that it represents something else."
Well then Mrs. Einstein, you shot down your own long winded explanation and proof by choosing the word "motherhood" in the very beginning. You should have chosen the word "mother", and then try to make yourself look smart.

"Mother" is a state of being, and or earned title.
It is important to note that the title "mother" can also be earned by choosing "motherhood" even if the one doing the choosing is not a biological "mother".

"Motherhood" is a chosen endeavor.

“Define Necessity”

FOR YOURSELF

#427 Sep 14, 2013
AnswersRus wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my. Pretty testy ain't ya. Good God woman, all I did was ask a question for clarity of what you meant to say.
Not only was I 'pretty testy', but I was also 'pretty tipsy'. These forums often involve folks whose sole goal is to provoke. You are likely not one of those.

I apologize for my boorish and uncalled-for response.
AnswersRus

Riverton, WY

#428 Sep 14, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
The lines are clearly drawn in RvW.
Now what is your stance on the given subject?
I did not ask you what R-v-W says. The R-v-W "line" has already been recently redefined and moved closer to conception BTW.

I asked >you< where >you< personally draw the line at "option".
I asked >you< when does it stop being an option and become a murder?

I also asked you to define >your< interpretation of "pregnancy".
I additionally asked you if you would like to see the definition in a medical school dictionary.

You get nothing from me until I know where you stand, so I can either agree or disagree.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Health Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Kentucky Could Become The Only State Without A ... 4 hr General Lee 102
News Few kids receiving mental health care - Zeni (Jul '08) 7 hr risk-of-early-death 20
News Asheville agencies address complexities of opio... 12 hr Humanspirit 2
Morgellons Sat Blatke 1
News Breathing traffic-polluted air may damage kidne... Sat MAUREEN 1
News 'I Thought My Dark Skin Protected Me From Melan... Fri Mr Lee 6
Nano Technology Fri bluebell 2
watching wife get pregnant by another man (Jan '17) Sep 17 Reginald 16
More from around the web