ND Smoking Ban Boosts Tobacco Control...

ND Smoking Ban Boosts Tobacco Control grades

There are 2 comments on the KDLT-TV Sioux Falls story from Jan 16, 2013, titled ND Smoking Ban Boosts Tobacco Control grades. In it, KDLT-TV Sioux Falls reports that:

The passage by North Dakota voters last November of a comprehensive indoor smoking ban has boosted the state's grades in an annual tobacco "report card" from the American Lung Association.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KDLT-TV Sioux Falls.

Melody Caron

Mott, ND

#1 Jan 18, 2013
I know that very few people feel the same about this measure as I do, however I honestly don't give 2 snaps of a pea WHAT the GRADES were that North Dakota has received on this "measure" that passed on the smoking ban. I am, without a doubt, UNHAPPY about the whole idea of it, NOT because I am PASSIONATE about smoking, but I'm also PASSIONATE about my GUNS, MY KIDS, and MY FREEDDOM! I was born into a FREE country, I educated myself to the maximum possibility as a young adult about weapons and HUNTERS SAFETY and PAID to have the RIGHT to carry a concealed weapon, I CHOSE to smoke cigarettes at and ADULT age and DECIDED to have children when I was 20..I am now 41 and there doesn't seem to be a DAMN thing FREE about this country! The government has taken away my right as a parent, to raise a respectable child by taking away the BEST way to correct a child, you can not do anything but stick them in a corner and hope like hell they stay there, you don't dare have them help the family out with chores because of child labor laws and allowing the children to believe that THEY have the upper hand of the law when it comes to discipline by drilling RIDICULOUS idea's of WHAT is considered abuse with a handy dandy phone number at their beck and call on every wall in school, so the government would be the ONES to blame when your 80 and your over weight video game addicted child beats you if you don't make his lunch at age 55 and worthless. They take away the RIGHT to for a person to chose their own ADDICTION, VICE, RELAXATION METHOD,(in my case, my SANITY at work) when the fact of the matter is this, caffeine, sugar, food, beer, whiskey..these things are all legal,...so far..but when the obesity problem doesn't get shut down because of diabetics dropping like flies, or coffee drinkers suffering from migraines from with drawl of caffeine and have to turn to narcotics(wow that will be so much better, right) and when the beer drinkers can't go to the bar to get a beer because all the smokers quit bar tending, the moonshiners will rise up and become a nemesis to the law and the government will put a stop to that as well...I say you go right on ahead and put that GUN BAN in because if you take all the HAVOC that is being caused because of the governments DESIRE to be a puppet masters to FIX something that isn't even BROKEN...all I can say is what we have witnessed in Conn. with the psycho shooter is going to be MERE BIRD SHIT compared to the HELL that Government will go through, they will be their OWN DEMISE!
kennedy 817

Hurst, TX

#2 Jan 20, 2013
Melody, I am a people person and although you hide it well, I can tell that something is bothering you. I think you should let it all out and tell people how you really feel.

Seriously, I sympathize with you, believe that we are responsible for the society around us and when you can't swat a child on the bottom or have them do chores around the house, government has taken away our ability to affect the next generation and what you get is what we have now, after only one or two generations, after two more generations, this country probably won't be fit to live in. There is a reason that the greatest frequency of the newsworthy atrocities are happening in the liberal northeast, it's because that is where all of this started. Those northeast liberals want a nanny state to take all responsibility from them. Note that in the school shooting, the guns were bought by a teacher who had a defective son, who proceeded to kill her and then kill the innocent defenseless people where she had worked. If northeastern liberal teachers had been forced to take personal responsibility for their defective children, this preventable tragedy would have been prevented. The government can't be everywhere, we have to take responsibility for the society we live in. The FBI says that more people are killed with blunt instruments than with rifles. The government does not want to ban murder, they want us to become cattle, and in the northeast, they have mostly succeeded. God help us all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Health Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I need help. I don't know what's going on. 5 hr hkinslow0003 1
News Province backing 128-bed long-term care home in... 7 hr BoBo 1
News Annual Milton Dragon Boat Race to Raise Funds i... (May '13) 7 hr bring 100 beds back 4
News In Trump's First Year, Anti-Abortion Forces Mak... 20 hr Choicerocks 165
News Senators call for $1B for flu vaccine development Sat VACCINES CAUSE AU... 1
News Drugs, alcohol and suicides contribute to alarm... Sat Wake Up 3
watching wife get pregnant by another man (Jan '17) Sat black toy 4 wf 52
More from around the web