The case of cranberry juice vs. urinary tract infections

Mar 6, 2013 Full story: Jewish World Review

What's the first thing that comes to mind if you develop a urinary tract infection ? For many, it's to pick up a bottle of cranberry juice--the legendary natural remedy for a bladder infection.

Full Story
Felly

Phoenix, AZ

#1 Mar 10, 2013
As far as I know, cranberry juice does not target the infection itself although it may help prevent the infection from coming back. It may be best to always consult a doctor if any symptoms of an infection is experienced. Some bladder problems are mostly mistaken as an infection as they share some common symptoms. I also came across some posts from this site bladderslingrecall.us that may be of help to those who may be affected.
Gretchel S

Scranton, PA

#2 Mar 18, 2013
I think cranberry juice, while it does not exactly cure UTIs, may help a great deal in preventing recurrent infections especially in women who are more prone to repeated UTIs more than others. There are also posts at bladdermeshlawsuit.us/what-is- transvaginal-mesh-and-what-is- it-used-for/ that talk about bladder problems that commonly occur in women.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Health Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Extenze Review: Brief Introduction (Sep '10) 3 min Marsh 17
Epididymitis orchitis can be caused by recurren... 1 hr David White 1
Honeymoon cystitis -Home and natural treatments 1 hr David White 1
Morgellons - What I believe it really is (Oct '12) 1 hr iamgodandthedeviltoo 81
GOP governors don't see 'Obamacare' going away 2 hr bottlecap 171
The Dangers of Chiropractic (Dec '09) 3 hr WTSleuth 1,220
0569470225 hot massage in abu dhabi (Jan '14) 4 hr home service 0566... 94
Esophagus Spasm - How my mom STOPS her Esophage... (May '12) Thu yorkshell 137

Health People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE