U.S. health care could shrink for ill...

U.S. health care could shrink for illegal immigrants

There are 22 comments on the USA Today story from Dec 14, 2012, titled U.S. health care could shrink for illegal immigrants. In it, USA Today reports that:

President Obama's landmark health care overhaul threatens to roll back some services for the country's estimated 11 million illegal immigrants if clinics and hospitals are overwhelmed with newly insured patients and can't afford to care for as many poor families.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at USA Today.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
ima

El Paso, TX

#1 Dec 14, 2012
is there a law that states WE MUST PROVIDE ILLEGALS with health care?! we, citizens can't seem to deserve the FREE HEALTH CARE, why should they be provided with it? do we feel we owe it to them? for being here illegally?
Jwb

Chicago Heights, IL

#2 Dec 14, 2012
So make them not be illegals so they can buy health care
ima

El Paso, TX

#3 Dec 14, 2012
Jwb wrote:
So make them not be illegals so they can buy health care
Like DEPORT THEM? I'd like nothing better, then they can try applying LEGALLY! Like it was meant to be by respecting our immigration laws.

“Tea Baggers are Traitors!!!”

Since: Oct 11

Ricoville, North America

#4 Dec 14, 2012
ima wrote:
is there a law that states WE MUST PROVIDE ILLEGALS with health care?! we, citizens can't seem to deserve the FREE HEALTH CARE, why should they be provided with it? do we feel we owe it to them? for being here illegally?
Illegals do not get free healthcare... you LIE again!!!!!
ima

El Paso, TX

#5 Dec 14, 2012
The Ricomeister wrote:
<quoted text>
Illegals do not get free healthcare... you LIE again!!!!!
my God, rico what the hell is this thread on? they are obviously getting health care and from the topic it appears IT COULD SHRINK IN THE FUTURE! ARE YOU JUST PLAIN STUPID OR MAKING A REAL EFFORT TO APPEAR SO? You almost from your posting appear to be showing signs of senility. Even going to a doctor wouldn't help you, so keep agitating yourself to death, PLEASE? thank you.

“Tea Baggers are Traitors!!!”

Since: Oct 11

Ricoville, North America

#7 Dec 15, 2012
ima wrote:
<quoted text> my God, rico what the hell is this thread on? they are obviously getting health care and from the topic it appears IT COULD SHRINK IN THE FUTURE! ARE YOU JUST PLAIN STUPID OR MAKING A REAL EFFORT TO APPEAR SO? You almost from your posting appear to be showing signs of senility. Even going to a doctor wouldn't help you, so keep agitating yourself to death, PLEASE? thank you.
Illegals do not get free healthcare. Stop being so stupid. It's not free. They're billed like any other person so stop your bullshit ignorance. So long as the Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act of 1986 (EMTAMA) is not repealed ALL PERSONS REGARDLESS OF IMMIGRATION STATUS will continue to receive medical assistance regardless of their ability to pay.

I cannot stress this enough... get an education. Better yet... goto the surgeon and get a new brain!

“Tea Baggers are Traitors!!!”

Since: Oct 11

Ricoville, North America

#8 Dec 15, 2012
ima wrote:
<quoted text> Like DEPORT THEM? I'd like nothing better, then they can try applying LEGALLY! Like it was meant to be by respecting our immigration laws.
They're not going to get deported anymore. They're going to get amnesty. You should welcome all your Mexican neighbors to your barrio.

LMFAO!!!!
ima

El Paso, TX

#9 Dec 15, 2012
The Ricomeister wrote:
<quoted text>
Illegals do not get free healthcare. Stop being so stupid. It's not free. They're billed like any other person so stop your bullshit ignorance. So long as the Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act of 1986 (EMTAMA) is not repealed ALL PERSONS REGARDLESS OF IMMIGRATION STATUS will continue to receive medical assistance regardless of their ability to pay.
I cannot stress this enough... get an education. Better yet... goto the surgeon and get a new brain!
Well from the sounds of it, your 1986 EMTALA will EXCLUDE illegals OR SHRINK DRASTICALLY......DON'T COMPLAIN TO ME, ask your messiah why he is doing this to your undesirables. I'm not guilty of having voted for him, LOL! LOL! Don't stress yourself TOO MUCH NOW, don't want to be responsible if your blood pressure causes your carotid artery to burst....leaving you and those around you in a pool of blood. Ugh!
Just the Facts

Los Angeles, CA

#10 Dec 15, 2012
ima wrote:
<quoted text> Well from the sounds of it, your 1986 EMTALA will EXCLUDE illegals OR SHRINK DRASTICALLY......DON'T COMPLAIN TO ME, ask your messiah why he is doing this to your undesirables. I'm not guilty of having voted for him, LOL! LOL! Don't stress yourself TOO MUCH NOW, don't want to be responsible if your blood pressure causes your carotid artery to burst....leaving you and those around you in a pool of blood. Ugh!
NO!!!!!!

The 1986 EMTALA will NOT EXCLUDE illegals. Nowhere is that being said except in your mythological pea sized brain!!!

STOP LYING for once in your life!!!

ima

El Paso, TX

#11 Dec 15, 2012
Just the Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
NO!!!!!!
The 1986 EMTALA will NOT EXCLUDE illegals. Nowhere is that being said except in your mythological pea sized brain!!!
STOP LYING for once in your life!!!
once again, rico....complain to your messiah about the cuts in ILLEGALS' healthcare.....ONCE AGAIN THE GOLDEN MESSIAH IS GOING BACK ON HIS PROMISES!!!! never cared for illegals, not keeping his word is the norm for the traitor. Get a grip on yourself.
ronnie

South Jordan, UT

#13 Dec 15, 2012
Oh come on. They'll still be hitting the ER when their anchors sneeze. In Utah we have so many charities that fund free clinic's to Hispanics it's almost embarrassing. Free clinics about every 15 miles all over Salt Lake. They will always weasel their way in any place offering a handout. I am certain Obama will open up private care facilities that we will continue to fund for all of them. Wouldn't you laugh if you ever saw a Mexican with his check book out at a Hospital?

“Tea Baggers are Traitors!!!”

Since: Oct 11

Ricoville, North America

#14 Dec 15, 2012
ronnie wrote:
Oh come on. They'll still be hitting the ER when their anchors sneeze. In Utah we have so many charities that fund free clinic's to Hispanics it's almost embarrassing. Free clinics about every 15 miles all over Salt Lake. They will always weasel their way in any place offering a handout. I am certain Obama will open up private care facilities that we will continue to fund for all of them. Wouldn't you laugh if you ever saw a Mexican with his check book out at a Hospital?
Yea right... Utah... an 80+% white population and no white people use free clinics. You're one delusional puppy.
Austinite

Austin, TX

#16 Dec 16, 2012
Like in Mexico the hospitals, schools, and even private citizens are required by law to report knowledge of any illegal alien to the authorities. If they do not then they themselves are a Felon and will face either 2 years in prison and or no less than 10,000 Peso fine.
ima

El Paso, TX

#19 Dec 16, 2012
Illegal Alien wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes... we're fking you good!!
rico, nasty troll.....this seems the only thing YOU CAN DO!!
ima

El Paso, TX

#20 Dec 16, 2012
Illegal Alien wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes... we're fking you good!!
SO YOU ARE......a fking illegal, by your own admission....I think we all knew that in our minds. The confirmation is good to know.
Lexi

Rehoboth Beach, DE

#21 Dec 16, 2012
Rico, you're 100% right.
El Paredon

Austin, TX

#22 Dec 16, 2012
I live going to my ranch every other month to hunt illegals crossing over. I bury the men in the dirt up their necks and F the attractive women before doing the same to them. I double wrap it so I do not catch their diseases.
I shave the long hair off the women and sell it for wigs.
I sell the children to slavers back in Mexico.
Any valuables they have I keep and the junk I donate to thrift stores. Any good food they have I donate to food banks.
The next time I go out there the buzzards, ants, and other scavengers have done their bit and I do it all over again.
LMAO.
ronnie

South Jordan, UT

#23 Dec 16, 2012
The Ricomeister wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea right... Utah... an 80+% white population and no white people use free clinics. You're one delusional puppy.
I have worked in health care here my whole life, and every emergency room and free clinic in this state is always full of Mexican's. They are living here in huge number's. Believe me. They get free crap all the time in Utah. They're coming from Arizona, Texas,Mexico, pretending to want to be Mormon. once here they leave the Church and start anchoring. Don't speak unless you engage BRAIN first . This State is no longer white.

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#24 Dec 17, 2012
The Ricomeister wrote:
<quoted text>
Illegals do not get free healthcare. Stop being so stupid. It's not free. They're billed like any other person so stop your bullshit ignorance. So long as the Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act of 1986 (EMTAMA) is not repealed ALL PERSONS REGARDLESS OF IMMIGRATION STATUS will continue to receive medical assistance regardless of their ability to pay.
I cannot stress this enough... get an education. Better yet... goto the surgeon and get a new brain!
Do you think illegals' actually pay the tab for the babies they are having? My daughter just had a baby in your state...the final hospital bill was just shy of $24,000.00.(2.5 day stay) She hasn't gotten the doctor's bill yet. It's not cheap to have a baby, yet illegals seem to have no problem having multiple babies. Come on, do you think they'd have so many if they had to actually pay the bill? You don't think Medicaid is taking care of it for them?

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#27 Dec 17, 2012
The president could easily stop illegals from using our hospitals if he would announce that any illegal who does so will get the free health care the EMTALA Act says he's entitled to, but will then be deported. Hospitals will cooperate with this policy since they are sick of being stuck with these unpaid bills.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Health Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Vaccine Didn't Cause Girl's 'Autism-Like' Illness 1 hr arcanaknight 36
News Dowd: Ailing Beau Biden urged vice president to... 4 hr YouDidntBuildThat 6
News Bid to ban smoking outside bars 'a step too far' 8 hr Sneaky Pete 10
News Fairfield County Nonprofits Find Support At Gat... 8 hr American Gentlema... 1
News Mosquito boom: Pests, including West Nile carri... 9 hr Duke for Mayor 4
where can one get bromadol (Jun '13) 10 hr Rand Althor77 31
News Pregnancy Symptoms - 12 Very Early Symptoms of ... (Jun '07) 11 hr Mia12308 6,435
More from around the web