No cancer rise in hip implant patients

No cancer rise in hip implant patients

There are 6 comments on the newsletter.co.uk story from Mar 17, 2013, titled No cancer rise in hip implant patients. In it, newsletter.co.uk reports that:

The story is based on a study that found that patients with metal-on-metal hip replacements did not have a higher risk than the general population of developing cancer up to seven years after surgery, or than patients with hip replacements made of other materials.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at newsletter.co.uk.

Brenda

Paradise Valley, AZ

#1 Mar 18, 2013
This is really good news for those who have a hip replacement. They are worried enough of their hips giving out that this news will really ease their troubles. Though when I have read the stories at the depuypinnaclelawsuit. com, I was also concerned of the other problems related to a hip surgery. Though not all people are easily fall for these problems.
Kristen

Brooklyn, NY

#2 Mar 22, 2013
This is indeed good news for hip implant recipients. Having a natural part of you body is bad enough without having to get cancer. But what may be even worse are the severe complications resulting from the use of hip implants such as the DePuy ASR hip systems. This has caused so many injuries and puts the patients at risk of developing metallosis which can be very deadly. For more information about these deadly complications, you may visit DePuy ASR hip lawsuit information center.
Henny

Kansas City, MO

#3 Apr 14, 2013
Patients have been kept in the dark of the true nature of these metal-on-metal hip implants despite news about its chain of complications which brought physical and emotional damage to its recipients. I just want to share this site http://www.strykerhipreplacementrecall.net , they have helpful information about the complications that you may possibly get from a hip replacement surgery.
Harold

Brooklyn, NY

#4 Apr 20, 2013
From what I read, this study has limitations as cancer cells take time to develop. We can never tell as to what other type of complications these metal-on-metal hip implants may bring. So far, recipients complained most about inflammation, pain, and metallosis. To know more about the side effects of hip implant devices, check out http://www.stryker-hip-implant-recall.com/
David

Kansas City, MO

#7 May 19, 2013
Hip replacement is often the last solution to individuals with painful joint problems. The complication rate following hip replacement surgery is very low. However, it is important to always understand with potential complications (no matter how small the risk) when considering any operation. To know more, refer at http://carenaglines.wordpress.com/2013/01/30/...
Sheree

Los Angeles, CA

#9 Jun 16, 2013
It's a good news cancer is no longer a threat to people who have hip implants. However, aside from cancer issues there are a number of complications that hip implant devices may cause. I hope someday they can make this devices free of complications so that patients will no longer have to worry any possible complications that may occur after the surgery. By the way, this article offers a good read about hip implants especially to people concerned and interested http://gbrownhealthupdates.wordpress.com/2013...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Health Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Harbor-UCLA Medical Center cited for safety vio... (Oct '11) 16 hr Nature 251
News As some in Congress look to move past the Obama... 21 hr Prosperity Fundie... 10
News Pregnancy Symptoms - 12 Very Early Symptoms of ... (Jun '07) 22 hr Trayzaf 7,264
school spanking (Jan '17) Wed AbbeyLee 3
Planning to get dental crown- will it be painful? (Jul '15) Wed laurajkey 4
News Dental Implants & Prosthetics (Implants, Crowns... (Jan '14) Tue laurajkey 20
News Dentists might be able to screen for diabetes (Mar '15) Tue laurajkey 6
watching wife get pregnant by another man (Jan '17) Sep 17 Reginald 16
More from around the web