Insomnia: relaxa and stop worrying ab...

Insomnia: relaxa and stop worrying about lack of sleep

There are 8 comments on the The Guardian story from Sep 22, 2012, titled Insomnia: relaxa and stop worrying about lack of sleep. In it, The Guardian reports that:

What is the solution to the torture of insomnia? Drugs? Therapy? Or are different sleep patterns natural? A new book investigates Every night, about a third of adults have problems falling or staying asleep that aren't related to a persistent sleep disorder.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Guardian.

Ambien For Insomnia

Cambridge, UK

#1 Sep 24, 2012
I tried ambien and it helped re set my body clock.
I also tried zopiclone and found a metalic taste in my mouth but I did sleep.
I found that OTC stuff simply doesn't work but makes me depressed.
I buy here http://www.generictab.com/prices.php...
Ethan Green

Harrogate, UK

#2 Jan 12, 2013
The post title is right in that relaxing and not worrying about sleep is very important in tackling insomnia. But to do this, you actually need to develop positive attitudes towards sleep. I wrote an article recently about how to develop realistic expectations of how long it should take you to fall asleep, which may help anyone who is interested:-)

http://www.nosleeplessnights.com/how-to-go-to...
upisdown433534

Helsinki, Finland

#3 Jan 18, 2013
This site might be useful for insomnia symptoms:

http://nonpsychiatry.wordpress.com/2012/12/08...

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#4 Jan 29, 2013
I've been an insomniac for years. I have an extremely low tolerance for prescription meds so I don't take them. Sometimes I get into a healthy sleeping pattern only to fall off the wagon again. It's a vicious cycle.

Since: Jan 13

Ann Arbor, MI

#5 Jan 31, 2013
Hello Justsayin,

Have you tried cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) for insomnia? My insomnia has been episodic practically all my life, but undergoing CBT 5 years ago helped me become more resilient to stress-related sleep problems. My bouts of insomnia are less frequent, and they don't last as long when they occur.

It's worth checking out if you can.

www.thesavvyinsomniac.com
Doug

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#6 Feb 7, 2013
I've run a couple of experiments on myself - convinced that I didn't sleep at all, I actually measured one of those nights. The results are here:
http://buildbettersleep.com/five-thing-that-t... (see point #5)
Trudy

Beverly Hills, CA

#7 Mar 19, 2014
The best I did once my sleeping trouble was here to stay was to look at natural alternatives. Natural herbs and vitamins in the right combination have actually worked out well.

Now don't get me wrong, you won't knock right out by taking them but being put in a calm state and relaxing is crucial. Recently I found this supplement on amazon called instant sleep. So far I can't complain. I;m not found of the prescribed stuff for my own reasons. If you're the same way then do your research.

Since: Mar 14

Enschede, Netherlands

#8 Mar 20, 2014
I agree that natural alternatives are always the best way to go. However, if that does not work, I would recommend seeing if you can get some prescriptions to help you get through the difficult stages. I do believe that those are very habit forming and will not resolve any underlying issues if you have them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Health Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News LCCC to go tobacco-free in 2017 6 hr Pugh Bickair 1
Gay sex experience 8 hr ukfc 1
News GASP works to ban smoking at city-owned parks, ... 10 hr Gnutt Sachs 1
News Racially biased cancer doctors spend less time ... 18 hr Summer Friend 6
News Boone County man tests positive for Zika virus 20 hr seh 1
News Addiction program to provide Bible-based recovery Sat Blacklist 35
News In tobacco-loving Va., bars to quit cold-turkey... (Nov '09) Sat martin garey 29
News Pregnancy Symptoms - 12 Very Early Symptoms of ... (Jun '07) Fri ARivera9987 6,846
More from around the web