Brooklyn woman survives Guyana boat accident

Oct 27, 2008 Full story: International Herald Tribune 50

GEORGETOWN, Guyana : An American woman survived a deadly boat accident in Guyana by clinging to a bucket that helped keep her afloat in the muddy river for a day and a half, police said Monday.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Veronica

Amstelveen, Netherlands

#43 Nov 3, 2008
gtxxclusive wrote:
<quoted text>I would like to correct you,gtxxclusive gender is male not female,and thank you we should really stick to the content of the thread.
Sorry friend.
Veronica

Amstelveen, Netherlands

#44 Nov 3, 2008
pilot 102 wrote:
<quoted text>Check out today's Stabroek under letters look for We must not be fooled by Hamilton Green the Mayor of GT. Some of the things I said on this very Forum as late as a few days ago. You don't have to take his word, but I am not the only one that made the same comments.
Iíve just read the article. You certainly have said much that coincides with it. As you said before scores are being settled. The ppp had in the past accused the pnc for crimes they are now guilty off. Although Hamilton Green should be the last person on earth to say anything. He is no virgin. In one thing I do agree where ends roughening up and torture begins. What goes around comes around, give them enough rope and they will hang themselves.

Affirmative action in America and positive action/ discrimination in Europe had one goal, organisations must reflect the countries composition.

Btw Iím all for Berbice separating herself from the rest of Gy after the 60ths problems.
Every single regime has ignored us while we had been the countries breadbasket for years. Iíve always been a Berbician first, now second a Dutch citizen and last Guyanese.

All I can really say is Jaganís ppp donít exist anymore. What a sad state of affairs
pilot 102

South River, NJ

#45 Nov 3, 2008
Veronica wrote:
<quoted text>Iíve just read the article. You certainly have said much that coincides with it. As you said before scores are being settled. The ppp had in the past accused the pnc for crimes they are now guilty off. Although Hamilton Green should be the last person on earth to say anything. He is no virgin. In one thing I do agree where ends roughening up and torture begins. What goes around comes around, give them enough rope and they will hang themselves.
Affirmative action in America and positive action/ discrimination in Europe had one goal, organisations must reflect the countries composition.
Btw Iím all for Berbice separating herself from the rest of Gy after the 60ths problems.
Every single regime has ignored us while we had been the countries breadbasket for years. Iíve always been a Berbician first, now second a Dutch citizen and last Guyanese.
All I can really say is Jaganís ppp donít exist anymore. What a sad state of affairs
One of the things I had like about Dr Jagan was he had time for every one, and he was at his best when talking to the average guy on the street.As for Green my name for him was the inforcer. I have a question later on your Berbice comment.
Veronica

Amstelveen, Netherlands

#46 Nov 4, 2008
pilot 102 wrote:
<quoted text> One of the things I had like about Dr Jagan was he had time for every one, and he was at his best when talking to the average guy on the street.As for Green my name for him was the inforcer. I have a question later on your Berbice comment.
Come on with your question.
Chatty

Satellite Provider

#47 Nov 4, 2008
I hope she knew that the said crossing is illegal.
Everyday dozens of persons cross the Guyana / Suriname border without knowing the danger involving the danger behind it.
pilot 102

South River, NJ

#48 Nov 4, 2008
Veronica wrote:
<quoted text>Come on with your question.
Why are you for Berbice separating from the rest of the Country. Make your case v.
Veronica

Amstelveen, Netherlands

#49 Nov 4, 2008
pilot 102 wrote:
<quoted text> Why are you for Berbice separating from the rest of the Country. Make your case v.
Check open thread
Mohamed Khan

Georgetown, Guyana

#50 Nov 5, 2008
pilot 102 wrote:
<quoted text> Please answer the following questions.If the crossing is illegal. Why is Immigration checking Passport ? Why is GRA collecting revenue plus tap up ? How many people have to be killed before Boss Man Jagdeo do something about it ?
My good sir for your edification the immigration office only checks your travel document only when you used the authorized ports of entry in the same breath the GRA only collects revenue in authorize ports of entry .
The crossing in which several people died was illegal because it was not approved by the Government

You need to get your fact straightÖ
dood

Guyana

#51 Nov 10, 2008
Veronica wrote:
<quoted text>Iíve just read the article. You certainly have said much that coincides with it. As you said before scores are being settled. The ppp had in the past accused the pnc for crimes they are now guilty off. Although Hamilton Green should be the last person on earth to say anything. He is no virgin. In one thing I do agree where ends roughening up and torture begins. What goes around comes around, give them enough rope and they will hang themselves.
: is it a case that you have the Dutch Jumbie on you or are you just dillusional? Instead of find a solution you set out to compound the problem by advocating the separation of Berbice from the rest of Guyana. How more ridiculous can you get Veronica? At such a critical juncture in our country where the unity manifested was unheard of before, you are advocating disunity. You are not ď usĒ. You have sold yourself to the Dutch Masters. In fact youíll probably go to the highest bidder. You have the RAVI DEV mentality; you just may end up like him, in oblivion.
Observer

Georgetown, Guyana

#52 Nov 24, 2008
pilot 102 wrote:
<quoted text> One of the things I had like about Dr Jagan was he had time for every one, and he was at his best when talking to the average guy on the street.As for Green my name for him was the inforcer. I have a question later on your Berbice comment.
I agree with you on this one, when saying that Dr. Jagan had time for every one etcÖbut what leadership skills and capabilities does Dr. Jagan had that H.E Jagdeo does not have????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Demerara-Mahaica, Guyana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Guyana still at risk of blacklisting by FATF, s... Oct '14 roger khan 1
US approves setting up DEA office in Guyana Oct '14 the inspector 11
Guyana wants police probe of hacked emails Oct '14 the inspector 2
Conway physician honored as part of Black Histo... (Feb '10) Sep '14 Spare me 7
Guyanese Gay Prostitutes Stabbed Dead, Suspect ... Jul '14 roopan singh 5
RT Minerals Corp. Announces Exclusive Explorati... Jul '14 Woodie 54 2
Drug Smuggler Busted for Hiding Cocaine in Suit... (Jun '14) Jun '14 Woodie54 1
More from around the web

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:24 pm PST