Republic Day of Guyana Today

Republic Day of Guyana Today

There are 2 comments on the Manila Bulletin story from Feb 22, 2013, titled Republic Day of Guyana Today. In it, Manila Bulletin reports that:

Today is the Republic Day of Guyana. Also known as Mashramani which means "the celebration of a job well done" in Amerindian language, Republic Day commemorates Guyana's birth as a Republic.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Manila Bulletin.

starchild

United States

#1 Feb 22, 2013
it only a day for these south american to show off their stupidity,drink rum and behave like asholes
Messr_Joseph

Georgetown, Guyana

#2 Feb 13, 2014
starchild wrote:
it only a day for these south american to show off their stupidity,drink rum and behave like asholes
You seem disgruntled by the fact that you cannot be a part of the reveling. Such commentary on your part shows a lack of knowledge of the significance as well as, the actual events pertinent to the celebration. I wouldnt want to invite you to my country as your insepidity is indeed mortifying, to think, you believe that all we do here is sit and drink rum all day and behave like #yourwordusedinlimitedcharacte r shows that you are just like every other 'expert' who is willing to villify through putrid banter, the things in life people like yourself are not willing to accept those things you cannot enjoy. Learn to appreciate the myriad of our wordly cultures and you shall be more at peace with yourself.#Thosewhounwarrantedl ycondemnshallbecondemnedtenfol d

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Demerara-Mahaica, Guyana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News GUYANA: Govt Complicity With Drug Ring Aired in... (Aug '09) Apr '16 INSPECTOR 8
News U.S. oil giant adds fuel to Venezuela-Guyana te... (Jun '15) Feb '16 embellished 9
News Guyana To Raise Border Issue At CARICOM Summit Feb '16 embellished 2
News Vincent Teekah - the murder we know nothing of (Feb '08) Feb '16 GTsuperman 61
News Mendocino County history: Tim Stoen authors boo... (Dec '15) Dec '15 Here Is One 3
News Guyana reaffirms Palestinian statehood and Arab... (Nov '15) Nov '15 inspector 1
News Four injured in collision near Camp Ayanganna (Oct '15) Nov '15 inspector 2
More from around the web