Ex-Guyana chief Janet Jagan was U.S.-...

Ex-Guyana chief Janet Jagan was U.S.-born

There are 17 comments on the Long Beach Press-Telegram story from Mar 28, 2009, titled Ex-Guyana chief Janet Jagan was U.S.-born. In it, Long Beach Press-Telegram reports that:

Janet Jagan, a Chicago native who became Guyana's first white and first female president, died Saturday, a government official said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Long Beach Press-Telegram.

Robert J G Jackson Sr

Long Beach, CA

#1 Mar 29, 2009
So what did these self avowed communists accomplish for their people? Not much.
DOCTOR X

Canada

#2 Mar 29, 2009
Janet- did not do any thing for Guyana, she just screw things up, she married Jagan just to get back at those People that took away her Child Hood,so what. she put JAG-DEO where he is today, and you know what, he is Having a Field Day, as Guyana President, Janet cannot tell Mr,Jag-deo what to do,and I do not think he run to her for advice, there are better People than Her to ask for Help.Janet Days are over, when it comes to Politics and her Health.
DOCTOR X

Canada

#3 Mar 29, 2009
Jag-DEO is running from some one or some thing, after this "KHAN" thing, JAG-DEO is like a Fish out of Water. just going Here and now where. he gets nothing done, but Lie about his Iceberg way of Life. as a President he Talk too much. and when it comes to a Black East Indian to Lie, oh my Mam- Mama.they are the best.
DOCTOR X

Canada

#4 Mar 29, 2009
I would very much like to see Black People in general stop and think not only of them Self but ask this Question, like why am I here. . since the Church Sold its Soul.and there Fore we are some what a Fading Society.
Pilot 102

Piscataway, NJ

#5 Mar 29, 2009
DOCTOR X wrote:
Jag-DEO is running from some one or some thing, after this "KHAN" thing, JAG-DEO is like a Fish out of Water. just going Here and now where. he gets nothing done, but Lie about his Iceberg way of Life. as a President he Talk too much. and when it comes to a Black East Indian to Lie, oh my Mam- Mama.they are the best.
I did not get it. Black East Indian ?
DOCTOR X

Canada

#6 Mar 29, 2009
Pilot- 102, yes there are Black East Indian in Trinidad, Guyana and Barbados, you HATE the word Black much less to hear a Black person say He or she is Black. so to all of you Black East Indian out there, if you are not Black, so what the hell "are WHO" WHITE. I do not think so.
Martin

Canada

#7 Mar 29, 2009
When I look back at the life of Janet Jagan I see a mixed picture. Here is a woman who was unforgivable in her rage, anger and vengence yet would give you her last dollar if you were hungry. I never understood her. From the first encounter I had with her on the Torani ferry in 1975 when her open car door almost broke my foot and not a sorry from her. To the time as a boy when I saw her shouting and cursing a group of armed GDF soldiers in an armoured patrol vehicle who had stopped her car and had ripped up the seats looking for weapons. I said to myself that woman has got balls of iron. Then to hear my grandmother talk about how she was helped by Janet when she had no money and had six kids to feed. I am not happy or sad over her passing. I don't know why. Maybe that is the way she was in life
DOCTOR X

Canada

#8 Mar 29, 2009
Pilot-102, its no such thing as an Indo, Guyanese.or an Afro Guyanese, its either you are Black or White. you do not want us to call you COOLIE, so the best Name to call you is a Black East Indian Guyanese. in Trinidad its a Trini Indian. and in Barbados its COOLIE PEOPLE from GUYANA. and BLACK from GUYANA.
Martin

Canada

#9 Mar 29, 2009
I don't agree with Dr. x when it comes to that brute rascal Blue. I hope he joins Mrs. Jagan as soon as possible.
But I agree with Dr.X in that in the minds of many orientals and whites there is no difference between an east indian or African they are black people.
Observer

Georgetown, Guyana

#10 Mar 29, 2009
DOCTOR X wrote:
Janet- did not do any thing for Guyana, she just screw things up, she married Jagan just to get back at those People that took away her Child Hood,so what. she put JAG-DEO where he is today, and you know what, he is Having a Field Day, as Guyana President, Janet cannot tell Mr,Jag-deo what to do,and I do not think he run to her for advice, there are better People than Her to ask for Help.Janet Days are over, when it comes to Politics and her Health.
"To get back at those People that took away her Child Hood"???
What rubbish is that, so if that was true, then why was she still living in OUR country, helping and assisting in OUR country's development...
Why Dr.X????
Observer

Georgetown, Guyana

#11 Mar 29, 2009
DOCTOR X wrote:
"Fish out of Water" huh, you people just dame ungrateful, when Mr.Jagdeo doing his job as the president of Guyana, you people say things to expose your stupidity...
You should be grateful he's not out there for power and wealth, he's out there for us...
So wa else you expect he fa do Dr.X?????
Pilot 102

Piscataway, NJ

#12 Mar 29, 2009
DOCTOR X wrote:
Pilot- 102, yes there are Black East Indian in Trinidad, Guyana and Barbados, you HATE the word Black much less to hear a Black person say He or she is Black. so to all of you Black East Indian out there, if you are not Black, so what the hell "are WHO" WHITE. I do not think so.
I hate the word black ? Pal,i am a black man. Are you ok today ? Or you messing with them black east indians medication.lol
Melody

Fort Frances, Canada

#13 Mar 30, 2009
It's all stupidity of people talking bad about Mrs. Jagan when they knew her struggles for them as she lived in their country, she was white but she like the people and always helped them.

Now black and white what a deal, black people are already black, Indians are Indians however they worked and mingled together regardless of any racial slurs etc..she never think like that because no matter what they are Guyanese living in the same country even PP of PNCR. Mr Jagdeo is going abroad not for himslef but to better his country for the people so don't be ungrateful the guy is doing alot....Hats Off!
Rajah Kahn

United States

#14 Mar 30, 2009
Pilot 102 wrote:
<quoted text> I hate the word black ? Pal,i am a black man. Are you ok today ? Or you messing with them black east indians medication.lol
That was funny.........I am still laughing..
Rajah Kahn

United States

#15 Mar 30, 2009
Melody wrote:
It's all stupidity of people talking bad about Mrs. Jagan when they knew her struggles for them as she lived in their country, she was white but she like the people and always helped them.
Now black and white what a deal, black people are already black, Indians are Indians however they worked and mingled together regardless of any racial slurs etc..she never think like that because no matter what they are Guyanese living in the same country even PP of PNCR. Mr Jagdeo is going abroad not for himslef but to better his country for the people so don't be ungrateful the guy is doing alot....Hats Off!
Your Fagdeo is going abroad for more money, he is expecting he will run short, when he paid out to Varshnie. Your 'battie" bwoy Pres., has many houses in Florida and money hidden in special banks, another Burnham tricks.
tyron

Georgetown, Guyana

#16 Apr 1, 2009
Melody wrote:
Now there’s a melody I would love to continue……..

Everyone needs to work together and iron out their differences. This woman did a lot for this country despite a few would deny that. The thousands that paved the road ways yesterday was vindication of her hard work and dedication for the betterment of all Guyanese.
tyron

Georgetown, Guyana

#17 Apr 1, 2009
Rajah Kahn wrote:
<quoted text>
Your Fagdeo is going abroad for more money, he is expecting he will run short, when he paid out to Varshnie. Your 'battie" bwoy Pres., has many houses in Florida and money hidden in special banks, another Burnham tricks.
Sounds like you jealous the man for what he has, Rajah??

Please do not let that cloud your mind with negative thoughts!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Demerara-Mahaica, Guyana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News GUYANA: Govt Complicity With Drug Ring Aired in... (Aug '09) Apr '16 INSPECTOR 8
News U.S. oil giant adds fuel to Venezuela-Guyana te... (Jun '15) Feb '16 embellished 9
News Guyana To Raise Border Issue At CARICOM Summit (Feb '16) Feb '16 embellished 2
News Vincent Teekah - the murder we know nothing of (Feb '08) Feb '16 GTsuperman 61
News Mendocino County history: Tim Stoen authors boo... (Dec '15) Dec '15 Here Is One 3
News Guyana reaffirms Palestinian statehood and Arab... (Nov '15) Nov '15 inspector 1
News Four injured in collision near Camp Ayanganna (Oct '15) Nov '15 inspector 2
More from around the web