Obama says, "Shameful day in Washington"

Obama says, "Shameful day in Washington"

Posted in the Guns Forum

Law abiding American

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Apr 18, 2013
Our representatives have spoken!! Thank God they were not influenced to make poor decisions based on the national media.

My heart goes out to any parent that looses a child, no matter the circumstances surrounding that loss. I wish that the events at Sandy Hook would have been prevented. Maybe they would have if the policy would have been for "properly trained" teachers and staff to be allowed to carry firearms on school premises. For our President to use these poor parents and siblings of these victims to try and promote his personal agenda does make for a "Shameful Day in Washington" for our President. None of the legislation that was presented would have had any bearing on this event. If he didn't have an assault rifle, he would have used a handgun. If the magazines had been smaller, he would have brought more.(It doesn't take but just a few seconds to change out a magazine.)

Our national media and the "anti-gun supporters" need to understand that they will never prevent crime by banning firearms, any firearms. Criminals will ALWAYS find weapons. Bans or gun restrictions will only take guns away from "Law Abiding Americans".

In my hometown, the local probate court says that concealed carry permit requests have increased by over 100% per week in the last four months. At the same time, violent crime in our community against law abiding citizens has decreased by 80%. These statistics do not include crimes involving guns during other illegal activity such as drug deals.

If the any member of the faculty and staff at Sandy Hook who were knowledgeable and experienced with firearms would have been armed, or had access to a gun in their car or secure locker at the school, how many lives could have been saved.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'How many more tragedies' asks mayor, after 11-... 1 hr payme 5
News Americans spent an estimated $17 billion on amm... 11 hr James Andrews 1
News Appeals court upholds MD assault weapons ban Thu Jagermann 200
News American Outdoor Brands Corp: Time to Move On? Thu payme 13
News Another Second Amendment Appeal Shot-Down by th... Thu jimwildrickjr 2
30-06 (7.62X63) vs .308 (7.62X51) (Feb '11) Mar 22 Sentry Watch 120
News Official Heckler And Koch 22Lr Replica Rifles (Jan '10) Mar 20 okimar 5
More from around the web