Obama: - Gun Control - We Had 80, 90%...

Obama: - Gun Control - We Had 80, 90% of the Country That Agreed With It'CNS

There are 2469 comments on the Cybercast News Service story from Sep 16, 2013, titled Obama: - Gun Control - We Had 80, 90% of the Country That Agreed With It'CNS. In it, Cybercast News Service reports that:

Appearing on ABC News's "This Week With George Stephanopoulos" on Sunday, President Barack Obama said he had 80 to 90 percent of the country agreeing with him in favor of gun control, but the he could not get gun-control legislation enacted because of a "faction of the Republican Party."

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Cybercast News Service.

Vet

Fayetteville, GA

#243 Sep 19, 2013
thetazva wrote:
Appearing on ABC News's "This Week With George Stephanopoulos" on Sunday, President Barack Obama said he had 80 to 90 percent of the country agreeing with him in favor of gun control, but the he could not get gun-control legislation enacted because of a "faction of the Republican Party."
Really and exactly what 80-90% of the country were you counting? Or was it Mexico?
Most polls I have seen say the exact opposite and even the DOJ and FBI as well as a few other major surveys disagree with his rhetoric with facts that do NOT support what he wants to do, in fact they state the exact opposite.
I agree totally, "thetazva" and most of America's greatest men came from your beautiful state.
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

#244 Sep 19, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>Agree.
Thanks, "positronium" and I agree with your agreement LOL

“Better Dead than red!”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#245 Sep 19, 2013
Yea right... If his support was really that high we'd already have guns confiscated with no resistance.. But as usual his facts are warped and only his Libtard base actually believes him including his lapdog media.
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

#246 Sep 19, 2013
A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 74% of American Adults continue to believe the U.S. Constitution guarantees the right of an average citizen to own a gun. Only 17% disagree, while nine percent (9%) are undecided.

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#247 Sep 19, 2013
Vet wrote:
<quoted text>You appear to be frightened. I suggest you buy a weapon, learn how to use it and stop being such a wuss. The Second Amendment protects all gun owners from left wing loons like you. The Supreme Court and the US Senate agree.
i agree vet...and what a lot of people don't realize is that the second amendment also protects all of the other amendments. with guns, we are all slaves. the hundreds of millions of privately owned guns in this country are the only reason we have a bill of rights.

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#248 Sep 19, 2013
without guns...sorry
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

#249 Sep 19, 2013
How to bury your stuff wrote:
<quoted text>i agree vet...and what a lot of people don't realize is that the second amendment also protects all of the other amendments. with guns, we are all slaves. the hundreds of millions of privately owned guns in this country are the only reason we have a bill of rights.
Correct, Sir. I have posted numerous times that the Second Amendment protects the First Amendment and of course, all the rest.
that is

Huntsville, AL

#250 Sep 19, 2013
Vet wrote:
<quoted text>This is a totally bogus post. The Australian people are not a bunch of wimps who are afraid of their shadow. They are a hardy, courageous people who value rugged individualism.
right. They don't need guns to feel secure. Sorry they had to experience our sick underbelly minority of gun freaks and right wing lunatics.
Ralph

Bloomingdale, IN

#251 Sep 19, 2013
Vet wrote:
A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 74% of American Adults continue to believe the U.S. Constitution guarantees the right of an average citizen to own a gun. Only 17% disagree, while nine percent (9%) are undecided.
Strangely enough, that is what I was taught in school, along with many my approximate age.
We are faced with constant propaganda from various news agencies, not just on the second amendment.
I do not remember if it was Fox, or NBC news that spoke of the Navy Yard shooter using a shotgun, while showing a visual image of an AR-15 type weapon.
Well, if you repeat a lie often enough........
quit

Huntsville, AL

#252 Sep 19, 2013
thetazva wrote:
distorting - those are the figures for background checks.
nope

Huntsville, AL

#253 Sep 19, 2013
Vet wrote:
<quoted text>Correct, Sir. I have posted numerous times that the Second Amendment protects the First Amendment and of course, all the rest.
distortions of the second amendment is why we have so much gun violence.
Ralph

Bloomingdale, IN

#254 Sep 19, 2013
that is wrote:
<quoted text>
right. They don't need guns to feel secure. Sorry they had to experience our sick underbelly minority of gun freaks and right wing lunatics.
Well, in the central US, it taint a minority. I doubt that it is in New Mexico either.
too

Huntsville, AL

#255 Sep 19, 2013
Vet wrote:
bad the gun nut extremists are all below average.

Did you ever stop to think that there is the difference between recognizing the right of ownership and requiring reasonable training, restrictions, safety measures and background checks? After all, the second amendment was based on people coming together for military defense in absence of a strong national standing army.
Ralph

Bloomingdale, IN

#256 Sep 19, 2013
nope wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess the best thing to do is post a sign that says Guns are ebil (evil), and this is a gun free zone. Secondly, get a cat, and launch that cat in the face of any potential attacker. You should be OK.
Americans have a history of gun ownership for, sport shooting, hunting, and yes home defense. Why? Because when seconds count, police are minutes away.
I guess though in our enlightened age hunting is unnecessary because you can go to the store, and get meat without anything getting killed.
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

#257 Sep 19, 2013
that is wrote:
<quoted text>

You are a fool. Banning guns will never stop gun crimes and there are 200 million LEGAL guns in America. People are killed
with knives, baseball bats and ice picks. The killer at the Washington Naval Yards was black and not a right winger.
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

#258 Sep 19, 2013
nope wrote:
<quoted text>
Take it up with the Supreme Court, they ruled in favor of citizen gun ownership.
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

#259 Sep 19, 2013
too wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you ever stop to think that there is the difference between recognizing the right of ownership and requiring reasonable training, restrictions, safety measures and background checks? After all, the second amendment was based on people coming together for military defense in absence of a strong national standing army.
Those restrictions are extant in many states. The left wing gun banners are ignorant and don't believe in Constitutional government. Try another country like Cuba.
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

#260 Sep 19, 2013
too wrote:
<quoted text>
Number of guns and gun owners in USA.:

Most estimates range between 39% and 50% of US households having at least one gun (that's about 43-55 million households). The estimates for the number of privately owned guns range from 190 million to 300 million. Removed those that skew the stats for their own purposes the best estimates are about 45% or 52 million of American households owning 260 million guns).

Some recent estimates:

A 2011 Gallup poll estimates that 47 percent of US households own a gun.
A 2007 Small Arms Survey estimates there are 88.7 guns per 100 Americans (#1 in the world for guns per capita)
A 2010 estimate from the NRA states "Privately owned firearms in the U.S.: Approaching 300 million, including nearly 100 million handguns. The number of firearms rises over 4 million annually."

These millions of legal American gun owners are not below average, you are.
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

#261 Sep 19, 2013
Ralph wrote:
<quoted text>I guess the best thing to do is post a sign that says Guns are ebil (evil), and this is a gun free zone. Secondly, get a cat, and launch that cat in the face of any potential attacker. You should be OK.
Americans have a history of gun ownership for, sport shooting, hunting, and yes home defense. Why? Because when seconds count, police are minutes away.
I guess though in our enlightened age hunting is unnecessary because you can go to the store, and get meat without anything getting killed.
"Nope" who posts under many names from N.M. would be ecstatic to own a firearm when an ax murderer breaks into his home and starts chopping on him and his family. He is a phony who has to post under multiple names to try to obtain some credibility.
Cat74

United States

#262 Sep 19, 2013
Most people brought up around guns practice sane safety rules. It is the amateurs that shoot each other in the face like that new gun owner did yesterday in a suburban gun shop. He didn't even get out of the store before he wounded himself. No, he should not have a gun. It would be better for society if the axe murderer took him out, and cleaned the gene pool.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Carlsbad student plans Stand for Second walkout 29 min None 35
News CA Now Controlled by the Vote of Illegal Aliens... 38 min tomin cali 1
News 'It is not our intent to finance or underwrite ... 12 hr Marauder 40
News Trump's plan will seek to 'harden' schools agai... 19 hr INFIDEL 796
News No Way': Trump says Second Amendment won't be r... Apr 14 Quirky 101
News Here's what Pa. can do to stop the next school ... Apr 14 FormerParatrooper 1
News Remington seeks to restructure debt so it can o... Apr 13 UNIONMAN 2