Florida Governor Has Sheriff Arrested For Allowing Concealed Carry

Jun 7, 2013 Full story: Gateway Pundit 142

There's not enough information to determine the precise facts yet, but on the surface, it appears that Sheriff Nicholas Finch of Bristol Florida was attempting to protect and defend the citizens' 2nd amendment rights by refusing to arrest a man with a concealed carry gun.

Full Story
First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Roice

Hollywood, FL

#1 Jun 7, 2013
This is the strangest case. I'm not sure what to make of it. It could be #1). The sheriff was caught letting his friend off the hook. #2) The sheriff truly is standing against laws he believes are unconstitutional, like AG Holder refusing to enforce immigration laws. #3) Governor Scott is a RINO of the worst kind and deceived his way into office on the tea party promises and disguise.....we need more info here but there's a fox amongst the hens to be sure. The timing coincides with Bloomberg's bus tour of victims around the US and that seems strange. This sheriff may be our next governor if Rick Scott turns leftist.
Retired Cop

Silver Spring, MD

#2 Jun 7, 2013
Nick Finch for governor.

“O'er the land of the free ? ”

Since: Jan 09

Don't Tread On Me

#3 Jun 7, 2013
Roice wrote:
This is the strangest case. I'm not sure what to make of it. It could be #1). The sheriff was caught letting his friend off the hook.#2) The sheriff truly is standing against laws he believes are unconstitutional, like AG Holder refusing to enforce immigration laws.#3) Governor Scott is a RINO of the worst kind and deceived his way into office on the tea party promises and disguise.....we need more info here but there's a fox amongst the hens to be sure. The timing coincides with Bloomberg's bus tour of victims around the US and that seems strange. This sheriff may be our next governor if Rick Scott turns leftist.
His mistake was destroying records.

I am very surprised he did not know better or care.
I can't see how someone who is this interested in Constitutional rights would also think they are above the peoples right to review records in a state that has an open records law.

My guess is he is just another politician and it is OK when he does it but not for others to do.

The really incredible thing is , if he believed he was justified in his actions then leave a paper trail to prove it.
Roice

Hollywood, FL

#4 Jun 7, 2013
Where Is My America wrote:
<quoted text>His mistake was destroying records.
I am very surprised he did not know better or care.
I can't see how someone who is this interested in Constitutional rights would also think they are above the peoples right to review records in a state that has an open records law.
My guess is he is just another politician and it is OK when he does it but not for others to do.
The really incredible thing is , if he believed he was justified in his actions then leave a paper trail to prove it.
I'm guessing you're right. I read more since my earlier post and it isn't looking good for the sheriff. I am about as pro 2A as they get but I still don't want every yahoo to be able to carry (or own) a gun. If this cat was packing but wasn't able to pass the FBI check then something was wrong in his criminal past. The Governor can only fire elected sheriffs in extreme cases. If the sheriff let this guy go because be was his sisters, husbands, neighbors, poker/ drinking buddy and then erased the paper trail (or tried) then Rick Scott would be justified in canning him I suppose. We will see.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#6 Jun 7, 2013
Great: not only arrested, if convicted he won't be able to own firearms or carry concealed.

Location hidden

#7 Jun 7, 2013
Retired Cop wrote:
Nick Finch for governor.
He thought he was governor.

I guess he found out he was wrong.
Roice

Hollywood, FL

#9 Jun 7, 2013
Anti-Fascism wrote:
I don't believe in infringing upon free citizens' right to self-defense with a gun. If someone is on the streets and has a gun, yet you don't want them to then either: 1) the government should've kept them in prison much longer since they're a huge threat to public safety RIGHT NOW, or 2) kept in an insane asylum or mental hospital, since they're not mentally fit to live in society RIGHT NOW.
Why would they let such huge risks out on the street to begin with, then say they cannot have guns legally, yet IGNORE that if they're still CRIMINAL-MINDED or MENTALLY UNSTABLE RIGHT NOW then -> they'll go and get the guns ANYway and commit the crimes in mind ANYway, no matter what the "laws" tell them not to do?
So the fault is of the incompetent (and/or criminal) governments here, for not handling the discipline and punishment of criminals, or the handling of mentally unstable people.
If one is out of prison legally, they've all the same rights any of us have who've never seen a day in prison/jail, as far as I see it; and the right to self-defense is one of those rights every free person has, even if they've committed a crime in the past.
It's about time we started QUESTIONING this incompetent, fascist "authority" and stopped going along with what the masses think or have been saying for a long time.
Many've been brainwashed or pressured (without even knowing it) into thinking a certain way.
Break free the bonds of mind-slavery. ;-)
If someone molest a child, is arrested, serves their time, and is released I am all for them building their life back.....but they should not be allowed around children due to their exhibited propensity for certain behaviors. They same should apply to people who murder someone with a firearm. In my opinion they've shown they're not to be trusted with a gun. You make some good points however and we need to have some compassion but some things are to precious to take a chance with.

“O'er the land of the free ? ”

Since: Jan 09

Don't Tread On Me

#11 Jun 7, 2013
Roice wrote:
<quoted text>If someone molest a child, is arrested, serves their time, and is released I am all for them building their life back.....but they should not be allowed around children due to their exhibited propensity for certain behaviors. They same should apply to people who murder someone with a firearm. In my opinion they've shown they're not to be trusted with a gun. You make some good points however and we need to have some compassion but some things are to precious to take a chance with.
You are kinder then me.

I think if someone molests a child they should hang by a rope.
Roice

Hollywood, FL

#12 Jun 7, 2013
<quoted text>You are kinder then me.
You get my point but I should have worded it like this: "If someone molest a child, is arrested, tortured, castrated, and locked away for 30 years, and is released I'm all for them getting a chance to rebuild their life." I sounded like a lib for moment there.... Thanks for calling me on it!

Location hidden

#14 Jun 7, 2013
Anti-Fascism wrote:
<quoted text>
You little fascist, anti-liberty twerp.:-)
You are big fat bigoted racist right wing NAZI fascist.

And not very bright.

Thanks for sharing!

Location hidden

#15 Jun 7, 2013
Roice wrote:
<quoted text>If someone molest a child, is arrested, serves their time, and is released I am all for them building their life back.....but they should not be allowed around children due to their exhibited propensity for certain behaviors.
A (felon) criminal should never get access to a firearm short of pardon from the governor.

They do not need guns to get their life back.

Location hidden

#16 Jun 7, 2013
<quoted text>You are kinder then me.
If someone uses a firearm illegally, he or she should be shot with the same gun.

it follows...

Location hidden

#18 Jun 7, 2013
Roice wrote:
<quoted text>You get my point but I should have worded it like this: "If someone molest a child, is arrested, tortured, castrated, and locked away for 30 years
Zimmerman molested a child yet let's see who insists he should have been tortured, castrated, and locked away for thrity years.

Funny how that is.
Roice

Hollywood, FL

#21 Jun 7, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Zimmerman molested a child yet let's see who insists he should have been tortured, castrated, and locked away for thrity years.
Funny how that is.
I think he was a juvenile when that happened. Not really the same as some old pervert raping alter boys. Either way I should have used another example......like someone caught & convicted of selling heroin shouldn't be allowed to run a pharmacy after serving their time. It's important to remember that rehabilitation is paramount in any legitimate legal system. My point is though I am very pro 2A I still believe in some check of a persons violent/criminal/felony past before we allow them to buy and carry a safe full of weapons. Even the Founding fathers spoke of this: "The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are PEACEABLE CITIZENS from keeping their own arms." - Samuel Adams

Location hidden

#22 Jun 7, 2013
Anti-Fascism wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd enjoy you proving that with text and links to that text!
We already KNOW you are a fascist, you limp wrist-ed little fairy: YOU told us you wanted cameras put into homes.

I can't think of anything that is more intrusive to a democratic lifestyle than to have fascists goons like yourself watching TV screens on the goings on inside American homes.

Thanks for coming out and saying it though (putting aside anyone who has to say he's 'anti fascist' is for sure the worst kind of fascist).

Location hidden

#23 Jun 7, 2013
Roice wrote:
<quoted text>I think he was a juvenile when that happened.
Once you are 16 and the person you are molesting is not yet 16: you are a molester.

E.G., 16 and 14.

Putting aside usually statutory rape, depending on what state you are in.

And being a juvenile isn't Carte blanche for sexual misdeeds with other (younger) children.

Location hidden

#24 Jun 7, 2013
Roice wrote:
Not really the same as some old pervert raping alter boys.
Most child molesters are men and older boys attracted to girls and are typically the father, the boy friend, the brother, or an authority figure, like church group member.

Speaking factually.

Location hidden

#25 Jun 7, 2013
Roice wrote:
My point is though I am very pro 2A I still believe in some check of a persons violent/criminal/felony past before we allow them to buy and carry a safe full of weapons.
90 percent of Americans want to see background checks.

So do 80 percent of gun owners.

There is something wrong with people who insist they have the right to sell guns to strangers and not do background checks.

Mentally.

Location hidden

#26 Jun 7, 2013
Anti-Fascism wrote:
Until then, you prove yourself to be a clear liar by calling me those things.
I left out *ssy.

Anyone who dishes it out like you and then starts to cry when it gets tossed back into his face is a first rate *ssy.

So glad to establish a baseline- and with your suggestion that cameras should be put in the the homes, a fascist as well.

Location hidden

#27 Jun 7, 2013
[QUOTE who="Anti-Fascism"I regularly consume ALL 100% raw, organic foods/drinks; take 100% organic whole food supplements[/QUOTE]

Yes, according to what I saw scrawled on the toilet stall door, you like it all natural and you consume regularly, and after hours on weekends.

You should get some AIDs procures, though, those natural sheaths don't provide proper protection.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shoot Down the Stupid Second Amendment 56 min okimar 2
Ferguson braces for grand jury decision 3 hr Michael S 16
Texas law professor calls for repeal of Second ... (Nov '13) Thu Marauder 12,125
Magnum Research Introduces Stainless Steel Dese... Wed Here Is One 1
Concealed carry does not make us safer (Nov '09) Tue fae31 6,985
Texas open carry is shooting itself in the foot Dec 20 Independent1 9
Open Carry Activist Charged With Shooting Ex-Hu... Dec 13 Here Is One 3
More from around the web