Firearms rally scheduled for Chambers...

Firearms rally scheduled for Chambersburg's square

There are 10983 comments on the Chambersburg Public Opinion story from Mar 29, 2013, titled Firearms rally scheduled for Chambersburg's square. In it, Chambersburg Public Opinion reports that:

Two local organizations are hosting a Second Amendment Freedom Rally on from noone to 2 p.m. April 6 on Courthouse Plaza in downtown Chambersburg.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chambersburg Public Opinion.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#12443 Mar 11, 2014
Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously game playing is all you're interested in this morning. But I'm in a good mood, so I'll play along for a little.
I don't wish to change the 2nd Amendment. The 2nd Amendment right to keep and bear arms, like all our rights, is not an unlimited right. I take issue with pro-gun extremists who claim that ANY regulation of firearms is an infringement of the 2nd Amendment.
And THAT"S what I want to change - the common perception that any regulation is unconstitutional and that steps to keep the nation safe from gun violence is an infringement on liberty.
"And THAT"S what I want to change - the common perception that any regulation is unconstitutional"

And just how do you propose to do that Dan?

Since: May 12

Chambersburg, PA

#12444 Mar 11, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
"And THAT"S what I want to change - the common perception that any regulation is unconstitutional"
By confronting false claims with the facts.

Chambersburg, PA

#12445 Mar 11, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW - find those posts where I advocated for rewriting the 2nd Amendment yet?

No?

I didn't think so.

LOL!

Location hidden

#12446 Mar 11, 2014
<quoted text>
BTW - find those posts where I advocated for rewriting the 2nd Amendment yet?
No?
I didn't think so.
LOL!
I already told you I am not playing that game today Dan.
You got some sort of reading comprehension problem?

Location hidden

#12447 Mar 11, 2014
<quoted text>
Where? Here?
Stop making me laugh.
You think you are changing perceptions ... HERE?
Surely you jest.

The ONLY fact that you have presented here which concerns the right to keep and bear arms, is that there is a single paragraph in Justice Scalia's summation of the Heller decision which says rights are not absolute.
We already know that paragraph exists.
What else ya got?

Chambersburg, PA

#12448 Mar 11, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
I already told you I am not playing that game today Dan.
You got some sort of reading comprehension problem?
Oh, so my asking you to support your accusation with evidence is a "game?"

LOL! Supporting your claims with evidence is the foundation of legitimate debate. By abandoning that by dismissing it as a "game," you are admitting that you aren't interested in legitimate debate at all.

Friend, all you're doing here is playing games. Running from legitimate debate is the game you're playing. Fabricating strawmen to argue with instead of what I've actually said is the game you're playing. Spewing propaganda and insisting that it must not be challenged is the game you're playing.

And game-playing is what people resort to when they realize that the can no longer legitimately defend their morally and politically bankrupt ideology.

Chambersburg, PA

#12449 Mar 11, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Where? Here?
Stop making me laugh.
You think you are changing perceptions ... HERE?
Surely you jest.
The ONLY fact that you have presented here which concerns the right to keep and bear arms, is that there is a single paragraph in Justice Scalia's summation of the Heller decision which says rights are not absolute.
We already know that paragraph exists.
What else ya got?
Of course you and the rest of the gunner crowd are so thoroughly indoctrinated that a changing your perception isn't possible.

But my doing the right thing isn't dependent on whether or not your mind is changed. I will continue to post the facts and the truth in the face of rightwing distortions and lies because "all that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

Location hidden

#12450 Mar 11, 2014
<quoted text>
Oh, so my asking you to support your accusation with evidence is a "game?"
LOL! Supporting your claims with evidence is the foundation of legitimate debate. By abandoning that by dismissing it as a "game," you are admitting that you aren't interested in legitimate debate at all.
Friend, all you're doing here is playing games. Running from legitimate debate is the game you're playing. Fabricating strawmen to argue with instead of what I've actually said is the game you're playing. Spewing propaganda and insisting that it must not be challenged is the game you're playing.
And game-playing is what people resort to when they realize that the can no longer legitimately defend their morally and politically bankrupt ideology.
It is you who refuse to engage this morning Dan.

I just asked you AGAIN just HOW you propose to change these misunderstandings you say exist.
YOU expressed your supposed want to change people's minds. I asked you how you plan to do that. You said by countering lies with facts.
I have asked you THRICE now, just how you plan to do that,
I ALSO have told you that you have ONLY presented one fact so far. How about a few more Dan?

Instead, what do YOU do? You try to restart a bullshit game of post - repost - post - repost - post - repost to prove a moot point just like girls on the playground.

Location hidden

#12451 Mar 11, 2014
<quoted text>
Of course you and the rest of the gunner crowd are so thoroughly indoctrinated that a changing your perception isn't possible.
But my doing the right thing isn't dependent on whether or not your mind is changed. I will continue to post the facts and the truth in the face of rightwing distortions and lies because "all that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
WHERE are these "facts and the truth " you mention Dan.

AGAIN, you think you are changing the PUBLIC's views by posting to 25 people HERE?

Location hidden

#12452 Mar 11, 2014
<quoted text>
WHAT false claims have I made as they pertain to the right to keep and bear arms Dan?

Chambersburg, PA

#12453 Mar 11, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
It is you who refuse to engage this morning Dan.
I just asked you AGAIN just HOW you propose to change these misunderstandings you say exist.
YOU expressed your supposed want to change people's minds. I asked you how you plan to do that. You said by countering lies with facts.
I have asked you THRICE now, just how you plan to do that,
I ALSO have told you that you have ONLY presented one fact so far. How about a few more Dan?
Instead, what do YOU do? You try to restart a bullshit game of post - repost - post - repost - post - repost to prove a moot point just like girls on the playground.
You claimed, with zero evidence, that I want to rewrite our founding documents. That is a lie. I have never said any such thing.

You presented false information.
I corrected it with the facts.

The ball is now in your court - do you have evidence to support your claim or refute my facts?

That's where we are, friend. Anything else you're bringing to the debate is nothing more than dodging and attempts to distract.

IOW - you are playing games.

Chambersburg, PA

#12454 Mar 11, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
WHERE are these "facts and the truth " you mention Dan.
AGAIN, you think you are changing the PUBLIC's views by posting to 25 people HERE?
Dodge and distract.

Answer the question: where have I ever said I want to rewrite our founding documents?

Chambersburg, PA

#12455 Mar 11, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
WHAT false claims have I made as they pertain to the right to keep and bear arms Dan?
You answer my question then I'll answer yours.

Where have I ever said I want to rewrite our founding documents?

“HUNTING RIGHTS ADVOCATE”

Since: Oct 08

Boggy Creek

#12456 Mar 11, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I certainly wish to avoid being "distributed". <chuckle>
Mornin' Hairy.
OOOPS........."undisturbe d" (damn spell-check anyway!) LMAO!

Location hidden

#12457 Mar 11, 2014
<quoted text>
You claimed, with zero evidence, that I want to rewrite our founding documents. That is a lie. I have never said any such thing.
You presented false information.
I corrected it with the facts.
The ball is now in your court - do you have evidence to support your claim or refute my facts?
That's where we are, friend. Anything else you're bringing to the debate is nothing more than dodging and attempts to distract.
IOW - you are playing games.
There ya go again Dan, wanting to argue about MOOT points like school yard girls when the subject is the right to keep and bear arms.
I AM trying to engage in THAT discussion with you Dan. YOU refuse to go there.

Whatever Danny. I thought you were serious and thought I'd try that with you today. Guess I misjudged you and your intent to discuss the actual issue.

Is it not sufficient for you that you disspelled what you say is misinformation, and I said "cool let's blow it off" (I said I do NOT wnat to play that game Danny) and then went right to the issue at hand?

Are you going to engage or not?

Location hidden

#12458 Mar 11, 2014
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>OOOPS........."un disturbed" (damn spell-check anyway!) LMAO!
chuckle

Location hidden

#12459 Mar 11, 2014
<quoted text>
Dodge and distract.
Answer the question: where have I ever said I want to rewrite our founding documents?
Like I ALREADY told you Dan, you said that you are "pretty much satisfied" with the constitution.
I said that implies that there is something you wish to change. Remember?
I then TRIED to engage you in the discussion of WHAT you would change and HOW you propose to do it.

I ALREADY moved on from the "want to change the founding documents" BS Dan.
Try to catch up.

Location hidden

#12460 Mar 11, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I HAVE answered it several times Danny. You do not like my answer. Not my problem.

Now

AGAIN

repeat

"as they pertain to the right to keep and bear arms "
founding documents

Moorpark, CA

#12461 Mar 11, 2014
<quoted text>

I try to keep you on task, but you simply can't bring yourself to back up anything you post with any evidence whatsoever.

I'm starting to think that you CAN'T back up what you post.

I'm starting to think that you just make shit up and run away when confronted with that fact.

I'm starting to think you're nothing more than a cowardly, lying troll.

Chambersburg, PA

#12462 Mar 11, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
There ya go again Dan, wanting to argue about MOOT points like school yard girls when the subject is the right to keep and bear arms.
I AM trying to engage in THAT discussion with you Dan. YOU refuse to go there.
Whatever Danny. I thought you were serious and thought I'd try that with you today. Guess I misjudged you and your intent to discuss the actual issue.
Is it not sufficient for you that you disspelled what you say is misinformation, and I said "cool let's blow it off" (I said I do NOT wnat to play that game Danny) and then went right to the issue at hand?
Are you going to engage or not?
Of course you'd prefer to walk away from your false statement and change the subject. LOL!

What is the issue at hand if it isn't your false allegation that I want to rewrite the Constitution and change the 2nd Amendment? That's the subject you chose when you started today. If you didn't want to play that game then, why flee from it now?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Another School Shooting-But Who's Counting? 1 hr javawhey 6
News Cities and states take the lead on banning bump... 2 hr Simplejim 300
News Lots of talk, little action in Congress after s... 5 hr Lawrence Wolf 78
News Jimmy Kimmel Blames Trump, GOP After School Sho... Fri FormerParatrooper 1
News Dead Not Counted Before Liberals Started Lying ... Fri Shelly Bl 1
News Remington seeks to restructure debt so it can o... Feb 12 sick of winning 1
News After Las Vegas massacre, Congress has failed t... Feb 12 Watchdog 1
More from around the web