Firearms rally scheduled for Chambersburg's square

Mar 29, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Chambersburg Public Opinion

Two local organizations are hosting a Second Amendment Freedom Rally on from noone to 2 p.m. April 6 on Courthouse Plaza in downtown Chambersburg.

Comments
10,261 - 10,280 of 11,004 Comments Last updated Apr 3, 2014

“shall NOT be infringed”

Since: Oct 13

Phoenix

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

Judged:

Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
<quoted text>
The part I'm playing in the destruction of liberty? Really?
I'm not doing anything to destroy liberty. Nothing I've said here can be reasonably construed to even suggest that. When you say things like that shows that YOU have chosen blind adherence to dogma over rational thought.
Then that only shows that you are hopelessly blinded to reality.

“shall NOT be infringed”

Phoenix

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

Judged:

fullofit wrote:
<quoted text>
Gun friendly Southern states have highest homicide rates in 2012
The recently released FBI's crime statistics for 2012, once again show the American South dominating the list of states with the highest per capita homicide rates. Louisiana led the nation with a murder rate of 10.8 homicides per 100,000 population. Louisiana's Southern neighbor, Mississippi was second with a homicide rate of 7.4 per 100,000. Alabama (7.1), Michigan (7.0) and South Carolina (6.9) rounded out the top five most murderous U.S. states in 2012. Missouri (6.5), Tennessee (6.0), Georgia and Arkansas also ranked in the top ten states, with Georgia and Arkansas tying for 10th at 5.9 murders per 100,000.
What the 'fbi' failed to note. Is that the VAST MAJORITY of all homicides and other crimes take place in LIEberal demonrat strongholds. And of course are committed by LIEberal demonrats.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

Judged:

2ndAmRight wrote:
<quoted text>
Then that only shows that you are hopelessly blinded to reality.
LMAO!

Sorry, but your assessment is meaningless. Someone who believes that anyone and everyone should be able to buy any weapon and any amount of ammunition they want at any time with zero oversight or regulation simply doesn't have the capacity to accurately assess what reality is.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

Judged:

Col Mustard wrote:
<quoted text>A statement of fact does not an irrational personal attack make. As an objective observer I see no exaggeration. I clearly see your attempt to minimize and rationalize the part you are playing in the destruction of liberty. Closing your mind and reading no further just shows you have chosen blind adherence to dogma over rational thought.
Who? Col Mustard
Where? chat room
Weapon? keyboard

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

Judged:

<quoted text>
... It's not a matter of discomfort. It's a matter of giving a full and accurate answer to the issue at hand without being artificially limited to the manufactured "yes/no" proposition.
Interesting. You demand it your way no matter what.
"Artificially limited"? <rolls eyes>
So which is it? Yes or no?

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

Judged:

fullofit wrote:
<quoted text>
if that were true, california would top the list.. new york would be second... and instead, they are at the bottom.....hence, you are full of $-hit.. but then, we knew that ...bwhahhahahhahahhah
California DOES top the list (NY is fifth):
http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

Judged:

Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting. You demand it your way no matter what.
"Artificially limited"? <rolls eyes>
So which is it? Yes or no?
No, the person demanding a yes or no answer to a question that's more complex than that is demanding their way no matter what. Refusing to talk about alternatives to the false choice you set up is demanding your way no matter what. Reasonable, thinking people recognize that false choices lead to bad decisions.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

Judged:

Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
California DOES top the list
GEE!

So you are saying a state with 37 million tops the list?

I guess that shoots your more guns means less crime argument, doesn't it, DongLiqueer?

Amazing that a state that has 37 million people in it would have more homicides than a state with fewer than 600,000 people in it.

Fewer than many of the cities in California.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

Judged:

2ndAmRight wrote:
<quoted text>
You have the gall to state that the men that founded our nation didn't have the capacity to accurately assess what reality is?
Did we have slavery then?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

Judged:

<quoted text>
No, the person demanding a yes or no answer to a question that's more complex than that is demanding their way no matter what. Refusing to talk about alternatives to the false choice you set up is demanding your way no matter what. Reasonable, thinking people recognize that false choices lead to bad decisions.
"Reasonable, thinking people recognize that false choices lead to bad decisions."
That is what I already told you concerning your blind acceptance of an alleged research paper which the "summary" thereof seemingly supports your pre-determined position.
Since you have yet to see the actual research papers (had you seen it, you would have it splayed all over this site - unless of course it counters the summary), you have chosen to not only accept by faith what you have not seen, but to promote it as gospel to others. It is apparent that not only you, but the so called researchers themselves have a pre-determined position to support and promote.
When I said you do not think for yourself and challenged you to determine the race leader by looking at a snippet of information concerning the race, your FIRST reply and instinct was to ask someone else. I expected you to at least point out what YOU noticed concerning the photo itself, and say something - anything, that would indicate there was insufficient data to support an informed decision. You pointed out nothing. You immediately went to deferring to others for direction.
I could be wrong, but your displays here indicate I am correct. Others see it too and call you on it at each instance.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

2ndAmRight wrote:
<
POPULATION BY RANK Firearm Homicides 2009-10
So you are saying where there are more guns there are more homicides.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

2ndAmRight wrote:
<
NORTH = 2969
SOUTH = 2920
Made up numbers.

There were close to 13,000 homicides. What is 2969 plus 2920?

And of course I get to remind you YOU said that the Mason Dixon line was in New York!

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH!

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

fullofit wrote:
<quoted text>
educate yourself about per capita and how to properly read and use stats.... they didn't teach you that at Densa High did they...
you need to account for population totals.. M0R0N.. go fondle your mom....
No you don't. Because if gun control actually worked (and CA is probably the BIGGEST gun control state out there), CA's number wouldn't be anywhere NEAR that high, dumbass. And if you eliminated the few large DEMOCRAT controlled cities in the south, where would those southern states be on your "per capita" list???

“shall NOT be infringed”

Phoenix

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Did we have slavery then?
IRRELEVANT sidetracking.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

Judged:

2ndAmRight wrote:
<quoted text>
You have the gall to state that the men that founded our nation didn't have the capacity to accurately assess what reality is?
They did.

You don't.

Everything you believe about the constitution, its history, and its meaning is wrong - as you prove over and over every day in every one of your irrational, sophomoric, infantile posts.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

Judged:

Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
"Reasonable, thinking people recognize that false choices lead to bad decisions."
That is what I already told you concerning your blind acceptance of an alleged research paper which the "summary" thereof seemingly supports your pre-determined position.
Since you have yet to see the actual research papers (had you seen it, you would have it splayed all over this site - unless of course it counters the summary), you have chosen to not only accept by faith what you have not seen, but to promote it as gospel to others. It is apparent that not only you, but the so called researchers themselves have a pre-determined position to support and promote.
When I said you do not think for yourself and challenged you to determine the race leader by looking at a snippet of information concerning the race, your FIRST reply and instinct was to ask someone else. I expected you to at least point out what YOU noticed concerning the photo itself, and say something - anything, that would indicate there was insufficient data to support an informed decision. You pointed out nothing. You immediately went to deferring to others for direction.
I could be wrong, but your displays here indicate I am correct. Others see it too and call you on it at each instance.
LOL! You can't be serious.

I deferred to others BECAUSE there was insufficient data in your little scenario ... as you yourself admitted when you said you'd also have to seek more information to make a decision.

IOW - I answered the same as you would have, yet you attack me for giving the only reasonable answer possible.

It's almost like you goal is just to attack me, and it doesn't matter what I do you'll find an excuse to do so.

Come back when you've grown up and can hold a rational debate based on logic instead of emotionalism.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

Judged:

<quoted text>
LOL! You can't be serious.
I deferred to others BECAUSE there was insufficient data in your little scenario ... as you yourself admitted when you said you'd also have to seek more information to make a decision.
IOW - I answered the same as you would have, yet you attack me for giving the only reasonable answer possible.
It's almost like you goal is just to attack me, and it doesn't matter what I do you'll find an excuse to do so.
Come back when you've grown up and can hold a rational debate based on logic instead of emotionalism.
My goal is to get you to admit that summaries of data are very often off base when one sees only a snippet of the whole. You repeatedly stated that you will defer to others and trust them because it is they who are the "experts" on the matter. My goal is to get you to stop your attempts at destroying the very fabric which this country was built from. My recent approach is a page from your own book of acts ... attack, attack, attack, attack and then attack again.
Don't like it huh Dan.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

Judged:

2ndAmRight wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you always address yourself while pretending to be addressing others, cowardly traitor?
Interesting how that I can post the ACTUAL WORDS that were written by the men instrumental in forming our nation. While >you< on the other hand CANNOT. WHY IS THAT, danny-BOY?
LOL!

Thanks for proving my point.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

Judged:

Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
My goal is to get you to admit that summaries of data are very often off base when one sees only a snippet of the whole. You repeatedly stated that you will defer to others and trust them because it is they who are the "experts" on the matter. My goal is to get you to stop your attempts at destroying the very fabric which this country was built from. My recent approach is a page from your own book of acts ... attack, attack, attack, attack and then attack again.
Don't like it huh Dan.
LMAO! Giving fair consideration to legitimate, empirically-based research does nothing to "destroy the very fabric which this country was built from."

This sort of hysterical hyperbole is what people resort to when their argument has been destroyed. At this point you're just broadcasting that you know you've lost the argument. LOL!

“shall NOT be infringed”

Phoenix

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

Judged:

<quoted text>
LMAO! Giving fair consideration to legitimate, empirically-based research does nothing to "destroy the very fabric which this country was built from."
This sort of hysterical hyperbole is what people resort to when their argument has been destroyed. At this point you're just broadcasting that you know you've lost the argument. LOL!
Really, cowardly traitor?

"The Right of the People to Keep and Bear Arms shall NOT be infringed."

ANYTHING that attempts to undermine that right is treason.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

11 Users are viewing the Guns Forum right now

Search the Guns Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
10 Things Americans Have Suddenly Stopped Buying 4 min Sheriff Joe 62
Texas law professor calls for repeal of Second ... (Nov '13) 32 min Yep2 9,420
A murder-suicide in Chicago's financial district 1 hr Tory II 1
D.C. Police Chief Cathy Lanier ordered her offi... 7 hr Drake_Burrwood 1
Can You Remember When The Second Amendment Was ... Wed Zzznorch 1
First Grade Primer Jul 28 Stephen Toth 1
Bill would stiffen background checks Jul 27 Chesty 2
•••
•••