Firearms rally scheduled for Chambers...

Firearms rally scheduled for Chambersburg's square

There are 10983 comments on the Chambersburg Public Opinion story from Mar 29, 2013, titled Firearms rally scheduled for Chambersburg's square. In it, Chambersburg Public Opinion reports that:

Two local organizations are hosting a Second Amendment Freedom Rally on from noone to 2 p.m. April 6 on Courthouse Plaza in downtown Chambersburg.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chambersburg Public Opinion.

“HUNTING RIGHTS ADVOCATE”

Since: Oct 08

Boggy Creek

#8579 Oct 7, 2013
Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
<quoted text>
It was clearly intended to establish a militia for the security of a free state. It was clearly intended to provide for the defense of the nation. That's not a corruption - that's a historically accurate reading.
No, that is clearly a partially accurate reading. Once again you attempt corruption by omission.

Boggy Creek

#8580 Oct 7, 2013
<quoted text>
Yes, clearly.
LOL!
Laugh all you like Danny Boy, the joke is on you. Too bad you're too deeply influenced by propaganda to realize it. It's people like you who will never realize the extreme importance and the true intent of the 2nd amendment until it's too late.
I guess

Huntsville, AL

#8581 Oct 7, 2013
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>
. There are many ways to kill 30 people or more in a few minutes.
speculation along those lines is something you do?

Since: May 12

Chambersburg, PA

#8582 Oct 7, 2013
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
You state that you have no interest in controlling anybody or anything, yet you want to mandate additional laws on top of what we currently have. And you don't consider this control?
Again if your intent is to reduce the death rate, where are your protests in regards to automobiles,... they kill approx 32,885 a year (2010 stats) which is almost double that of firearms?
I told you - it's not about control. It's about safety. I support whatever works.

And what part of "fatalities per 100,000 people" don't you understand? But firearms and cars both kill about 10.3 people per 100,000 - same RATE.

And since when is 32,885 a year "almost double" 31,328 (2010 stats)? Looks like they kill at pretty much the same NUMBER as RATE, huh?

Chambersburg, PA

#8583 Oct 7, 2013
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
You state that you have no interest in controlling anybody or anything, yet you want to mandate additional laws on top of what we currently have. And you don't consider this control?
Again if your intent is to reduce the death rate, where are your protests in regards to automobiles,... they kill approx 32,885 a year (2010 stats) which is almost double that of firearms?
American Gun Deaths to Exceed Traffic Fatalities by 2015

The number of people killed by firearms in the US is projected to exceed traffic fatalities for the first time in 2015.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-12-19/amer...

Chambersburg, PA

#8584 Oct 7, 2013
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>Now see? this logic is seriously flawed. There are many ways to kill 30 people or more in a few minutes. Ask any suicide bomber. Oh, that's right! You can't because the bomber and 20 or 30 others are dead. Something as simple as rupturing a gas line in a basement and leaving a cigarette/matchbook fuse could kill everyone in the building. How about IEDs? Should we require background checks for the purchase of pressure cookers? One can purchase the ingredients to make "bathtub plastic explosives" at the local Walmart and hardware store. You're not addressing the problem with gun control. As long as there are violent criminals and psychos walking around free to do as they please, the problem will persist. The pathological mind will find a means to its end. So if you really want to reduce the killing, reduce the number of homicidal maniacs and criminals on our streets otherwise you've done nothing but given the black market a boost. Plain and simple.
How many people are killed by bombs in the US every year? 32,000?

How many are killed by IEDs? 32,000?

How many are killed by pressure cookers? 32,000?

How many are killed by "bathtub plastic explosives? 32,000?

Can you see yet? As Americans, we address any source of a significant number of deaths.

Except guns, right?

Chambersburg, PA

#8585 Oct 7, 2013
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>No, that is clearly a partially accurate reading. Once again you attempt corruption by omission.
LOL!

Keep trying.

Chambersburg, PA

#8586 Oct 7, 2013
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>Laugh all you like Danny Boy, the joke is on you. Too bad you're too deeply influenced by propaganda to realize it. It's people like you who will never realize the extreme importance and the true intent of the 2nd amendment until it's too late.
It's always SSDD with you.

Listen friend - you're so deeply influenced by wingnut propaganda to realize you're the gun industry's dupe.

Boggy Creek

#8587 Oct 7, 2013
I guess wrote:
<quoted text>
speculation along those lines is something you do?
Damn, are all of you gun grabbers complete idiots? Firearms aren't the only way (not even the most effective way) to kill a lot of people. I didn't "speculate" about anything. What I said is a simple fact of life, which is the part you don't get, I guess. All it takes to make black powder is charcoal, saltpeter, and sulfur. It ain't rocket science. Will need to submit to a background check every time I want to buy a bag of Kingsford? As long as there are criminals/extremists/psychos walking free among us the problem will persist. The individuals who plot to kill innocent people, whatever their insane reasons may be, will not be deterred in the slightest by gun control laws.

Boggy Creek

#8588 Oct 7, 2013
<quoted text>
How many people are killed by bombs in the US every year? 32,000?
How many are killed by IEDs? 32,000?
How many are killed by pressure cookers? 32,000?
How many are killed by "bathtub plastic explosives? 32,000?
Can you see yet? As Americans, we address any source of a significant number of deaths.
Except guns, right?
So what you're saying is that guns are the American criminal/psycho "weapon of choice". If your gun control laws could prevent the lawless from obtaining firearms (we both know that is impossible) you're saying that the killers would just give up and stop killing? Really? They wouldn't choose another method when so many are readily available? What will you do when they do choose another method? Ban whatever it is? And then the next method? Ban that too? Pretty soon every damn thing will be banned. Is that when you'll finally realize that we should have banned criminals and homicidal psychos? Pardon me if I don't wait for you to have that epiphany and work to stop your silliness as soon as possible.

Chambersburg, PA

#8589 Oct 7, 2013
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>So what you're saying is that guns are the American criminal/psycho "weapon of choice". If your gun control laws could prevent the lawless from obtaining firearms (we both know that is impossible) you're saying that the killers would just give up and stop killing? Really? They wouldn't choose another method when so many are readily available? What will you do when they do choose another method? Ban whatever it is? And then the next method? Ban that too? Pretty soon every damn thing will be banned. Is that when you'll finally realize that we should have banned criminals and homicidal psychos? Pardon me if I don't wait for you to have that epiphany and work to stop your silliness as soon as possible.
Here's the thing you won't/can't seem to comprehend:
Only a fraction of gun killings are committed by psychos and people who were already criminals when they did the shooting.

You act like nobody but criminals and psychos kill people, and there's simply no evidence to back that theory up. You believe it because you WANT to believe it.

You believe it because it gives you an excuse to do NOTHING about 32,000 of your fellow citizens dying by guns every single year.

The question is whether you are remaining ignorant and misinformed on purpose or if you honestly don't have the brain power to understand.

Boggy Creek

#8590 Oct 7, 2013
<quoted text>
It's always SSDD with you.
Listen friend - you're so deeply influenced by wingnut propaganda to realize you're the gun industry's dupe.
Nah, the industry hasn't got a damn thing to do with my individual rights or the constitution. There is good and bad in the firearms industry just like everything else in life, I don't pay much attention to them. I'm influenced by reality, history, and the constitution.

Chambersburg, PA

#8591 Oct 7, 2013
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>Nah, the industry hasn't got a damn thing to do with my individual rights or the constitution. There is good and bad in the firearms industry just like everything else in life, I don't pay much attention to them. I'm influenced by reality, history, and the constitution.
Name a dupe who doesn't believe he thinks for himself.

LOL!

Boggy Creek

#8592 Oct 7, 2013
<quoted text>
Here's the thing you won't/can't seem to comprehend:
Only a fraction of gun killings are committed by psychos and people who were already criminals when they did the shooting.
You act like nobody but criminals and psychos kill people, and there's simply no evidence to back that theory up. You believe it because you WANT to believe it.
You believe it because it gives you an excuse to do NOTHING about 32,000 of your fellow citizens dying by guns every single year.
The question is whether you are remaining ignorant and misinformed on purpose or if you honestly don't have the brain power to understand.
You're being disingenuous again. Show the statistics that support your statement. How many firearms deaths (not including suicide or justified/police shootings) are committed by someone with no priors or criminal connections per year? It may be a fraction but it's a very big one. Please try to be honest. What you won't/can't comprehend is that you can't stop people from killing people by regulating or banning a tool. You claim I want to do nothing about the deaths because, unlike you, I refuse to do the wrong thing about the deaths. Once again, please try to be honest. I've told you repeatedly how to reduce the number of innocent people killed, reduce the number of killers out there. Of course there will always be those killers who we can't know are a threat until they strike but if we did something effective about the ones we already know are a threat it would reduce the number of violent deaths in the country drastically. Plain and simple.

Boggy Creek

#8593 Oct 7, 2013
<quoted text>
Name a dupe who doesn't believe he thinks for himself.
LOL!
Dan the Man Chambersburg.

Laugh all you like Danny Boy, the joke's on you.

Chambersburg, PA

#8594 Oct 7, 2013
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>You're being disingenuous again. Show the statistics that support your statement. How many firearms deaths (not including suicide or justified/police shootings) are committed by someone with no priors or criminal connections per year? It may be a fraction but it's a very big one. Please try to be honest. What you won't/can't comprehend is that you can't stop people from killing people by regulating or banning a tool. You claim I want to do nothing about the deaths because, unlike you, I refuse to do the wrong thing about the deaths. Once again, please try to be honest. I've told you repeatedly how to reduce the number of innocent people killed, reduce the number of killers out there. Of course there will always be those killers who we can't know are a threat until they strike but if we did something effective about the ones we already know are a threat it would reduce the number of violent deaths in the country drastically. Plain and simple.
If you want me to read your posts, make them shorter or use paragraphs.

Chambersburg, PA

#8595 Oct 7, 2013
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>Dan the Man Chambersburg.
Laugh all you like Danny Boy, the joke's on you.
I'm sure you honestly believe that. That's what all dupes think about the people trying to reveal the truth to them.

Like I've said before - there's no dupe like a willing dupe.

LOL!
Still

Huntsville, AL

#8597 Oct 7, 2013
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>

Firearms aren't the only way (not even the most effective way) to kill a lot of people.
fantasizing about mass murder?
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#8598 Oct 8, 2013
<quoted text>
tl;dr
Next time, just post the link. Then we can evaluate the credibility of your source.
Like you do...?...that's rich...lol
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#8599 Oct 8, 2013
<quoted text>
I'm not anti-gun. I'm pro-safety and anti-gun-death.
Nothing I've ever posted would give a reasonable and honest person reason to call me anti-gun. Hell, I own guns. I like guns and I like shooting. I just want to bring down the number of gun deaths in our nation, like any patriotic American.
But when your crowd refuses to budge an inch on anything related to gun safety, you leave no ability to have rational debate on the subject. Your way or the highway. No middle ground. No compromise.
pro-safety, by todays definition, instituted by the "anti-gun side"..is just that, anti-gun.

When you say you are "not anti-gun" but pro_safety"...you're lying thru your teeth.

"But when your crowd refuses to budge an inch on anything related to gun safety,..."

Show us some of the legislation that is "pro-safety" that you support.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Top StoryTrump says more must be done to protec... 51 min spud 140
News Some GOP candidates for governor oppose raising... 18 hr Simplejim 2
News Jimmy Kimmel Blames Trump, GOP After School Sho... 23 hr papa 15
News Trump raises the question again: Could armed te... Fri Trump is a joke 3
News Your Views Friday, Feb. 23 Fri blindasabat 1
News Republican Congresswoman claims most mass shoot... Fri Shelly Bl 1
Defense for the kids Feb 22 Wadopotato 1
More from around the web