Firearms rally scheduled for Chambers...

Firearms rally scheduled for Chambersburg's square

There are 10983 comments on the Chambersburg Public Opinion story from Mar 29, 2013, titled Firearms rally scheduled for Chambersburg's square. In it, Chambersburg Public Opinion reports that:

Two local organizations are hosting a Second Amendment Freedom Rally on from noone to 2 p.m. April 6 on Courthouse Plaza in downtown Chambersburg.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chambersburg Public Opinion.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#7315 Sep 20, 2013
Squach wrote:
How will gun control laws have an impact on those who don't obey the laws
Laws don't prevent crime, Squishy.

But they can put criminals in jail and they can take their toys away.

Location hidden

#7316 Sep 20, 2013
Marauder wrote:
<quoted text>
"Loophole: A way of escaping a difficulty, especially an omission or ambiguity in the wording of a contract or law that provides a means of evading compliance."
That's right...your comprehension and application is wrong...again.
Loophole.

Maybe if you stomp your feet real hard, you can pretend draft dodger Romney is actually the president of the USA, too.

Funny how anyone who can read knows exactly what the gun show loophole is.

Even you, mooch.

Location hidden

#7317 Sep 20, 2013
"As the national conversation continues on the sale of assault weapons and gun control, Democrats in the Arizona State Legislature plan to introduce bills in the next week that would close the state’s loophole on gun show sales."

Location hidden

#7318 Sep 20, 2013
" Known as the "gun show loophole," most states do not require background checks for firearms purchased at gun shows from private individuals -- federal law only requires licensed dealers to conduct checks.

Under the Gun Control Act of 1968, federal law clearly defined private sellers as anyone who sold no more than four firearms per year. But the 1986 Firearm Owners Protection Act lifted that restriction and loosely defined private sellers as people who do not rely on gun sales as the principal way of obtaining their livelihood.

“Today, private parties sometimes sell large numbers of new and used firearms while claiming hobbyist status and exemption from the requirements imposed on licensed retailers,” according to Inside Gun Shows: What Goes on When Everybody Thinks Nobody’s Watching, a 2009 report from the Violence Prevention Research Program at University of California Davis.

Some states have opted to go further than federal law by requiring background checks at gun shows for any gun transaction, federal license or not. Five states, most recently Colorado and Connecticut, mandate universal background checks, an even more stringent standard that imposes background checks on almost all gun purchases, including over the Internet."

Location hidden

#7319 Sep 20, 2013
"Study finds vast online marketplace for guns without background checks
By Philip Rucker,August 05, 2013

The marketplace for firearms on the Internet, where buyers are not required to undergo background checks, is so vast that advocates for stricter regulations now consider online sales a greater threat than the gun-show loophole."

Location hidden

#7320 Sep 20, 2013
"H.R. 141: Gun Show Loophole Closing Act of 2013

Introduced:
Jan 03, 2013
Sponsor:
Rep. Carolyn McCarthy [D-NY4]
Referred to Committee

H.R. 141 would regulate private firearm sales at gun shows, requiring operators to be registered and gun buyers to undergo a background check. According to the bill, gun show operators ...(read more)

The bill’s title was written by its sponsor. H.R. stands for House of Representatives bill. "

Location hidden

#7321 Sep 20, 2013
...I guess there is such a thing as a gun show loophole...
Nerd Rage

Chambersburg, PA

#7322 Sep 20, 2013
Leftist/Statist logic:
_

I went to the store to buy some Fish Sticks but because I didn't buy the Fish Sticks at Food Lion the closest store to my home and purchased them at Giant. I have now made a "Loop-Hole" around buying Fish Sticks.

Although there are NO LAWS preventing me from buying Fish Sticks at either of the stores the Leftist views me as a criminal.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#7323 Sep 20, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You have them automatically deposited, eh, SpoogeSponge?
Not in the almost 50 years I have been on this planet. You can't say the same for yourself though can you, asshat? LMAO!!!

Location hidden

#7324 Sep 20, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Not in the almost 50 years I have been on this planet.!
I guess you can dish it out but you can't take it, eh, Sausage Swiller?

It must have been a real blow when the clerk told you couldn't buy Jerky Strips with your food stamps anymore.

PS: we all saw you standing behind the wife with the pile on the conveyor belt and you with your pack of cigarettes and your two 40 ouncers.

Location hidden

#7325 Sep 20, 2013
Nerd Rage wrote:
Although there are NO LAWS preventing me from buying Fish Sticks at either of the stores the Leftist views me as a criminal.
Use the receipts from your returns, BottleQueen, and I am sure you will find a work around for your other consumables- check out the list on your tea bag website, they keep the current list.

“HUNTING RIGHTS ADVOCATE”

Since: Oct 08

Boggy Creek

#7326 Sep 20, 2013
Damn! I called that one right! No sign of Danny Boy to answer the tough questions but sure enough his nasty, foul mouthed, mangy mutt shows up to fling some poo and attempt to deflect attention away from the cowardice of its master. I love being right.

Location hidden

#7327 Sep 20, 2013
Squach wrote:
Damn! I called that one right! No sign of Danny Boy to answer the tough questions but sure enough his nasty, foul mouthed,
Damn! I called that one right! No sooner did Squishy finish off one lonely trucker that another stepped up to his stall using Squishy's two for one coupon!

Take the time to wipe between clients, though, shug.

Location hidden

#7328 Sep 20, 2013
PS: I predicted Squishy (or perhaps another alias he uses) will respond completely off the thread topic.

Put your money down... final call...
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#7329 Sep 20, 2013
H. R. 1025

To provide for a waiting period before the purchase of a handgun, and for the establishment of a national instant criminal background check system to be contacted by firearms dealers before the transfer of any firearm.

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/BILLS-103hr1025r ...

Mandated by the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act (Brady Act) of 1993, Public Law 103-159, the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) was established for Federal Firearms Licensees (FFLs) to contact by telephone, or other electronic means, for information to be supplied immediately on whether the transfer of a firearm would be in violation of Section 922 (g) or (n) of Title 18, United States Code, or state law.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/nics/general ...

It ONLY applies to sales by Federal Firearms Licensees (FFLs) DEALERS. It does NOT apply to “everyone”.
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#7330 Sep 20, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the one that insists you have the "right" to sell weapons to felons, you lying freeloading Momma's boy.
I haven't defended the criminal acts on anyone. You want to sell the weapons.
Tell your boyfriend to stop banging you against the headboard, your poor brain is rattling around.
"I haven't defended the criminal acts on anyone."

Liar...you don't want to prosecute those felons that are denied in a background check for committing another felony. YOU want to allow them to roam the street.

You're a pathetic, sick bytch.

Location hidden

#7331 Sep 20, 2013
Marauder wrote:
H. R. 1025
To provide for a waiting period before the purchase of a handgun,
Gunshow loophole:

two tables. one requires background checks. the other requires cash.

Wipe your chin, mooch.

Funny how everyone understands the loophole except you.
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#7332 Sep 20, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Gunshow loophole:
two tables. one requires background checks. the other requires cash.
Wipe your chin, mooch.
Funny how everyone understands the loophole except you.
Funny how you can't read and comprehend a simple law or your own definition.

Show me where a FFL dealer can make a legal sale without doing a background check unless excepted by the law...THAT would be a loophole.

Otherwise, you're still an ignorant, lying, POS, extremist, "frustrated control freak".

Location hidden

#7333 Sep 20, 2013
Marauder wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how you can't read and comprehend a simple law or your own definition..
Funny how everyone with an IQ reaching three digits knows what a loophole is.

Not surprised you don't.

Location hidden

#7334 Sep 20, 2013
Marauder wrote:
Show me where a FFL dealer can make a legal
Two tables, full of guns, one gun show. One table requires a background check to make sure that they are selling a deadly firearm to a complete mental case.

The other requires cash.

Loophole.

You're still an ignorant, lying, POS, sausage sucking, extremist, "frustrated control freak" welfare parasite demanding special rights.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News CNN's Richard Quest Won't Believe Mass Shooting... 53 min Get Out 2
News Cities and states take the lead on banning bump... 55 min Get Out 322
News Lots of talk, little action in Congress after s... 6 hr 3 PC WHITE MEAT 115
News Murder By Congress 15 hr javawhey 3
News Opinion: Anyone who believes the Second Amendme... (Dec '12) 17 hr C Kersey 5
News NC lawmakers sidestep questions after mass shoo... Mon Say What 2
News Jimmy Kimmel Blames Trump, GOP After School Sho... Sun The Green Watch Dog 4
More from around the web