Firearms rally scheduled for Chambersburg's square

There are 11004 comments on the Chambersburg Public Opinion story from Mar 29, 2013, titled Firearms rally scheduled for Chambersburg's square. In it, Chambersburg Public Opinion reports that:

Two local organizations are hosting a Second Amendment Freedom Rally on from noone to 2 p.m. April 6 on Courthouse Plaza in downtown Chambersburg.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chambersburg Public Opinion.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#4555 Jun 18, 2013
Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW - ESAD.
Oh how sweet.
Bless your little heart.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#4556 Jun 19, 2013
<quoted text>
If you cared about kids being shot, you'd offer some solutions to the problem instead of accusing those of us who do of using "guilt trips."
It is a bullshit guilt trip you are offering. Because your solutions do NOT make them safer. It does the exact opposite.

Southeast Virginia

#4557 Jun 19, 2013
<quoted text>
Because Loughner was stopped when he changed clips. Smaller magazine = fewer people shot that day.
When Lanza's rifle jammed for several seconds, six kids were able to escape. If he had to change clips more often during the less than 5 minutes he was shooting, there would have been more seconds of no shooting and more kids could have escaped.
In mass shootings, smaller capacity magazines can save lives.
And in any likely, realistic self-defense situation, you are not going to need a high capacity magazine to defend yourself.
The trade-off is reasonable. Your claim that your ability to defend yourself is limited by a smaller clip is not reasonable. Or realistic.
Loughner was stopped when his aftermarket magazine caused his gun to jam. Lanza was changing magazines before he had expended every round from them (a common move with first-person shooter video games). Cho killed more people than either one of these two with two handguns with standard magazines that he purchased legally AFTER passing two background checks. So basically, your argument is nothing but BS.

Southeast Virginia

#4559 Jun 19, 2013
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I have no idea who your "Dave" is...
Just an FYI...Dave Quammen's alias is "GunShow1".

Since: May 12

Chambersburg, PA

#4560 Jun 19, 2013
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I have no idea who your "Dave" is, and do not care. That's >your< problem.
So, according to yourself, it is "extremist ideology" to believe that I have a natural born right to defend myself and no SOB, including YOU - kid, will ever tell me that my defense will be limited to YOUR liking.
Your lips - kid - right here > (_._)
BTW, you are aware, are you not, that posting someone's personal name in a slanderous way is a violation of the terms of service on this site?
If you have a problem with an individual, I suggest you take it to the authorities and refrain from committing a cyber crime of your own - kid.
Reported.
I see you've given up even trying to debate the issues anymore.

I don't blame you. LOL!

Chambersburg, PA

#4561 Jun 19, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a bullshit guilt trip you are offering. Because your solutions do NOT make them safer. It does the exact opposite.
The solutions I've suggested here are armed guards in schools and smaller magazines. How does that make kids in schools less safe?

Chambersburg, PA

#4562 Jun 19, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Loughner was stopped when his aftermarket magazine caused his gun to jam. Lanza was changing magazines before he had expended every round from them (a common move with first-person shooter video games). Cho killed more people than either one of these two with two handguns with standard magazines that he purchased legally AFTER passing two background checks. So basically, your argument is nothing but BS.
And if Loughner's aftermarket magazine held 7 or 10 rounds instead of 30, there would have been fewer people shot. Period.

But you're more interested in preventing solutions than finding any, aren't you? Evidently you're just fine with 33,000 fellow Americans being killed with guns every year.

Chambersburg, PA

#4563 Jun 19, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Just an FYI...Dave Quammen's alias is "GunShow1".
Dave brags about who he is and posts links to his websites. There's no way WY doesn't know who he is.

BTW - where did Dave go? Is he banned again? LOL!

Southeast Virginia

#4564 Jun 19, 2013
<quoted text>
And if Loughner's aftermarket magazine held 7 or 10 rounds instead of 30, there would have been fewer people shot. Period.
But you're more interested in preventing solutions than finding any, aren't you? Evidently you're just fine with 33,000 fellow Americans being killed with guns every year.
Still touting that same tired BS 33,000 number, huh. Roughly 19,000 of those 33,000 kill THEMSELVES every year. They aren't "being killed". AS far as mag capacity goes....reread the post you responded to and try to understand exzactly what it is saying.

Southeast Virginia

#4565 Jun 19, 2013
exactly

Southeast Virginia

#4566 Jun 19, 2013
<quoted text>
The solutions I've suggested here are armed guards in schools and smaller magazines. How does that make kids in schools less safe?
How does a lower mag capacity make them MORE safe??? I have already shown you how your "lower capacity = less deaths" argument is BS at best.

Chambersburg, PA

#4568 Jun 19, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Still touting that same tired BS 33,000 number, huh. Roughly 19,000 of those 33,000 kill THEMSELVES every year. They aren't "being killed". AS far as mag capacity goes....reread the post you responded to and try to understand exzactly what it is saying.
Do they die from being shot? Yes.

So they are gunshot victims.

Obviously those deaths don't mean much to you, but some of us care about the deaths of 19,000 of our fellow Americans who die from gunshots every year.

Chambersburg, PA

#4569 Jun 19, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
How does a lower mag capacity make them MORE safe??? I have already shown you how your "lower capacity = less deaths" argument is BS at best.
No, you never did that. You regurgitated the same nonsense all the gunners do, but that weak argument doesn't disprove the facts.

Sorry.
Besara

Des Moines, IA

#4570 Jun 19, 2013
<quoted text>
No, you never did that. You regurgitated the same nonsense all the gunners do, but that weak argument doesn't disprove the facts.
Sorry.
Physician, heal thyself. Nobody spews rhetoric and jingoistic pablum as much as you do, Dannielle.
Besara

Des Moines, IA

#4571 Jun 19, 2013
Effington wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, ya know, people get excited about their guns.
Same way you get excited about naked 9 year old boys?

Southeast Virginia

#4572 Jun 19, 2013
<quoted text>
Sorry.
Lying POS. I told you how Cho (VT Tech) killed more people than Loughner or Lanza without using high-cap mags. He didn't even use an "assault rifle". He used two semi-auto pistols with STANDARD ISSUE MAGAZINES. You have no facts. Just more libturd rhetoric. And 19,000 people per year are NOT "being killed" by guns. They are killing themselves, idiot. What weapon they choose to do it with is IRRELEVENT. And what good would a low-cap magazine do for someone committing suicide anyway. How many bullets to the head does it take for them to kill themselves??{rolls eyes}

Chambersburg, PA

#4573 Jun 19, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Lying POS. I told you how Cho (VT Tech) killed more people than Loughner or Lanza without using high-cap mags. He didn't even use an "assault rifle". He used two semi-auto pistols with STANDARD ISSUE MAGAZINES. You have no facts. Just more libturd rhetoric. And 19,000 people per year are NOT "being killed" by guns. They are killing themselves, idiot. What weapon they choose to do it with is IRRELEVENT. And what good would a low-cap magazine do for someone committing suicide anyway. How many bullets to the head does it take for them to kill themselves??{rolls eyes}
Your incapacity to comprehend logic and reason doesn't make me a lying POS.

Just because Cho did it doesn't change the fact that limiting clip size would still reduce numbers of those shot in mass killings. One incident doesn't change the general rule.

The weapon suicides choose is extremely relevant. 90% of suicides are impulsive. Over 95% of suicides by gun are successful. Without access to a gun the suicide rate would decline. This is supported by massive sociological evidence. Your belief is simply false.

And I've never made the argument that low capacity clips would do anything to address suicide by gun, now have I? That's an argument YOU invented.

Can ANY gunner argue with claims people have actually made, or do you all have to create these strawman arguments?

Location hidden

#4575 Jun 19, 2013
<quoted text>
I see you've given up even trying to debate the issues anymore.
I don't blame you. LOL!
Debate? With >YOU<?
ROTFLMAO

Given up? Me?
ROTFLMAO

Like my youngest one told another airhead like you one time, "My daddy don't quit."
Have a nice day.

Chambersburg, PA

#4576 Jun 19, 2013
What happens when a gunner gets spooked?

This gunner - Kansas Secretary of State - imagined shooting peaceful protesters outside his home.

----------

The secretary of state is a staunch supporter of the Second Amendment -- and he said the incident at his home is an example of why Americans should bear arms.

"If we had been in the home and not been armed, I would have felt very afraid -- because it took the police 15 minutes to show up," he said. "It's important we recognize there's a reason we have the Second Amendment. There are situations like this where you have a mob and you do need to be able to protect yourself."

He said had they been home and the mob had gotten out of hand, his family would have been in "grave jeopardy."

"The Second Amendment is the private property owner's last resort," he said.

----------

Peaceful people standing in the rain, chanting and giving speeches caused this gunner to feel threatened enough to begin shooting unarmed people.

That's the gunner reaction to dissent.

And that's why sensible people stay away from armed pro-gun protesters.

Location hidden

#4577 Jun 19, 2013
<quoted text>
I already told you.
Armed guards? Good idea.
Smaller magazines? Infringement on our natural born rights.
You have a learning disability or something?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News No wedding for Bristol Palin Wed Truth and Facts 6
Stop white on white crime Wed Truth and Facts 30
News Concealed Carry Reduced Crime But NOT on Chicag... May 18 Truth and Facts 3
News Local Jews upset by Holocaust references in cam... (Jun '12) May 17 Robbie Siegmyer 115
News The Free Beacon Thinks Purchasing Ammunition Sh... May 17 JEFF1234 1
Democrats: Get A $2,000 Tax Credit For Turning ... May 10 Prep-for-Dep 22
News 'Batman' shooting tragedy exploited on various ... (Jul '12) May 8 gragulum 11
More from around the web