Firearms rally scheduled for Chambers...

Firearms rally scheduled for Chambersburg's square

There are 10987 comments on the Chambersburg Public Opinion story from Mar 29, 2013, titled Firearms rally scheduled for Chambersburg's square. In it, Chambersburg Public Opinion reports that:

Two local organizations are hosting a Second Amendment Freedom Rally on from noone to 2 p.m. April 6 on Courthouse Plaza in downtown Chambersburg.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chambersburg Public Opinion.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#3820 May 27, 2013
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>Just because you're into prostitution don't think everyone else is, twinkle toes.
I don't want to cut into your profit margin and only suggest you should pay taxes.

Wipe your chin, Sissy.
Newswire

Chambersburg, PA

#3821 May 27, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ninety percent of Americans understand why firearms should not be sold to felons and wife beaters and the mentally ill.
Nine percent of Americans are felons.
That leaves the people who are just too stupid to understand.
The 90% is no longer a valid number. Recent polls are showing the numbers are slipping for gun control.

Washington Post/ABC from May is showing only 55% support gun control legislation.

Another is Reason Rupe Poll with only 33% in favor of gun control legislation, while 66% want other issues dealt with.

As much as I would like to see gun control it's not going to happen. I believe the American people will not stand for it.

Location hidden

#3822 May 27, 2013
Newswire wrote:
<quoted text>The 90% is no longer a valid number.
It's valid.

Just because you don't like it, there are EIGHT or NINE leading polls that put it at between 88-92 percent.

Location hidden

#3823 May 27, 2013
Newswire wrote:
Washington Post/ABC from May is showing only 55% support gun control legislation.
People with IQs above 80 understand they have to look at the questions asked and know better than to compare apples to oranges.

I understand why you are confused.

Location hidden

#3824 May 27, 2013
Newswire wrote:

Another is Reason Rupe Poll with only 33% in favor of gun control legislation, while 66% want other issues dealt with..
Yeah, ya see: in one breath you went from 55 percent "gun control" to 33 percent "gun control" and it didn't occur to you that you were comparing responses to different questions.

You are a stupid person.

This is meant as an explanation not as an insult, Shug.

Ninety percent of Americans favor universal background checks- based on the question: Do you favor universal background checks?

Do try to resist the urge to compare the results of this question to the question: Do you think the economy is more important than gun control?

As I said: you are a stupid person so this I expect to go over your head.
Newswire

Greencastle, PA

#3825 May 27, 2013
Wow! I've been posting in my sleep again! I don't remember posting in the last 10 hours, yet here are posts. Oh wait, it's my evil troll twin.

“HUNTING RIGHTS ADVOCATE”

Since: Oct 08

Boggy Creek

#3831 May 27, 2013
Newswire wrote:
<quoted text>The 90% is no longer a valid number. Recent polls are showing the numbers are slipping for gun control.
Another is Reason Rupe Poll with only 33% in favor of gun control legislation, while 66% want other issues dealt with.
As much as I would like to see gun control it's not going to happen. I believe the American people will not stand for it.
Once again the constitution, the bill of rights, and our individual rights and freedoms as guaranteed by the constitution and the bill of rights ARE NOT subject to public opinion or majority rule. What part of that do you find so difficult to understand? Use your head for something other than a suppository and you may learn something.

Location hidden

#3832 May 27, 2013
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>Once again the constitution, the bill of rights, and our individual rights and freedoms as guaranteed by the constitution and the bill of rights ARE NOT subject to public opinion or majority rule.
But they are defined by the SCOTUS.

E.G.:
JusticeScalia wrote:
Like most rights, the Second Amendment right is not unlimited. It is not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose: For example, concealed weapons prohibitions have been upheld under the Amendment or state analogues. The CourtÂ’s opinion should not be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms.
Justice Scalia
Writing for the majority of the real Supreme Court
Based on the real US Constitution
This century
[United States v.] Heller... 2008

Boggy Creek

#3834 May 27, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
But they are defined by the SCOTUS.
E.G.:
<quoted text>
Justice Scalia
Writing for the majority of the real Supreme Court
Based on the real US Constitution
This century
[United States v.] Heller... 2008
The job of the Supreme Court is not to "define" the constitution, it was defined by it's authors. The job of the Supreme Court is to objectively apply the constitution.

Location hidden

#3835 May 27, 2013
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>The job of the Supreme Court is not to "define" the constitution,
Actually, it is.

Whenever you are sure of something, Sissy, we can be sure you are wrong.
Wrong Troll

Mesa, AZ

#3837 May 27, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, it is.
Wrong Troll. The Constitution is already "defined" line by line in the Federalist Papers. The courts duty is to interpret the "laws" passed in pursuance of the Constitution.
Newswire

Greencastle, PA

#3838 May 27, 2013
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>Once again the constitution, the bill of rights, and our individual rights and freedoms as guaranteed by the constitution and the bill of rights ARE NOT subject to public opinion or majority rule. What part of that do you find so difficult to understand? Use your head for something other than a suppository and you may learn something.
I think the troll was trying to say that support was waning for the gun control issue, by poll shopping. I mean "Reason Pube" poll for God's sake, they always seem to publish polls that agree with themselves. And you attacked the poor little feller. Shame on you!

Boggy Creek

#3839 May 28, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, it is.
The SCOTUS to PREVENT creative "definition" not perpetrate it. When they do otherwise it is just another case of the government overstepping it's authority. The job of the SCOTUS is to insure that all laws are within the boundaries set by the constitution and that our individual rights are protected as dictated by the constitution. Plain and simple.

Boggy Creek

#3840 May 28, 2013
Newswire wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the troll was trying to say that support was waning for the gun control issue, by poll shopping. I mean "Reason Pube" poll for God's sake, they always seem to publish polls that agree with themselves. And you attacked the poor little feller. Shame on you!
If stating the truth is attacking "the little feller" then I must plead guilty.

Boggy Creek

#3841 May 28, 2013
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>The SCOTUS to PREVENT creative "definition" not perpetrate it. When they do otherwise it is just another case of the government overstepping it's authority. The job of the SCOTUS is to insure that all laws are within the boundaries set by the constitution and that our individual rights are protected as dictated by the constitution. Plain and simple.
The SCOTUS <is> to..
Aphelion

Palm Bay, FL

#3842 May 28, 2013
Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I remember you now...
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Interesting that you want to pretend that you're a civil human being all the sudden.
And that you're just meeting me for the first time.
LOL!
Once again your opinion as I never stated that this was the first time I have attempted discourse with you.

You appear to be always the victim. Poor you.

Since: Sep 12

Seattle, WA

#3843 May 28, 2013
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>If stating the truth is attacking "the little feller" then I must plead guilty.
Liberals can't handle the truth.
Newswire

Chambersburg, PA

#3844 May 28, 2013
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>If stating the truth is attacking "the little feller" then I must plead guilty.
Those polls are bogus, dumbass!

Location hidden

#3845 May 28, 2013
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>The SCOTUS to PREVENT creative "definition" not perpetrate it.
High school civics.

Perhaps even middle school civics...

Stay in school your next life... Chubby.

Boggy Creek

#3846 May 28, 2013
Newswire wrote:
<quoted text>Those polls are bogus, dumbass!
Excuse me? I haven't qouted any polls, dipshit. My point is that the polls are a non-issue because our constitutional rights are not subject to public opinion or majority rule.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News DNC Chair Frontrunner Rep. Keith Ellison (D-Min... 19 hr justice 1
News Hillary Clinton wavers on Second Amendment righ... (Jun '16) 22 hr Now_What- 2,492
My self defense method Sat justice 10
News Ban shooting in and around subdivisions Sat duzitreallymatter 1
News St. Louis Alderwoman Introduces 'Assault Weapon... Nov 19 duzitreallymatter 1
News The power and glory of the comma Nov 15 Flintstonegeek 1
News President Obama Continues Early Release of Arme... Nov 13 tome 1
More from around the web