Firearms rally scheduled for Chambersburg's square

Mar 29, 2013 Full story: Chambersburg Public Opinion 11,004

Two local organizations are hosting a Second Amendment Freedom Rally on from noone to 2 p.m. April 6 on Courthouse Plaza in downtown Chambersburg.

Full Story
Another

Santa Fe, NM

#2442 May 9, 2013
think about it wrote:
A clue into Danny's
?
sick lie

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#2443 May 9, 2013
GunShow1 wrote:
<quoted text>
READ IT AND WEEP, traitor-troll:
You don't think anyone reads your spam, GayDavy?

Location hidden

#2444 May 9, 2013
Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
<quoted text>
What militia argument was that?!
Now, now, GayDavy isn't actually arguing, he is going town his list and posting one set a quotes a day... twenty times or so.

He doesn't have time to check if they are remotely relevant.

Location hidden

#2445 May 9, 2013
GunShow1 wrote:
"The section which declares
Vikings: Spam! Lovely spam! Lovely spam!

Location hidden

#2446 May 9, 2013
Squach wrote:
What logic (for lack of a better word) do you use to justify holding me and every other law abiding gun owner out there responsible for the acts of an individual that we don't even know?
The same logic you use when you post stories of gun gnutters saving the day with firearms.

Of course, since the firearm is used by the gun gnutter at a ratio of 40 to 1 on someone within his own home, it takes less work for us to find several stories EVERY SINGLE DAY to choose from.

Location hidden

#2447 May 9, 2013
3 Year-Old Boy Shoots And Kills Himself With Concealed Carry-Permitted Uncle’s Gun
by Tommy Christopher | 5:31 pm, May 8th, 2013 » 84 comments

This spring continues to be a deadly one for children with guns. In Tampa, Florida, three year-old Jadarrius Speights found a 9mm handgun in his uncle’s backpack, apparently shot himself, and died Tuesday night. The uncle, 29 year-old Jeffrey Walker, who authorities say holds a concealed weapons permit, was arrested on charges of culpable negligence.

From The Tampa Bay Times:

The boy, identified by the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office as Jadarrius Speights, was with his mother, father and uncle in Apartment 109 of the Avesta apartments at 13144 N 22nd St., just west of the University of South Florida.

The uncle, Jeffrey D. Walker, 29, had bought the 9mm gun at a gun shop and had left it in a backpack in a bedroom he shared with the boy, said sheriff’s spokeswoman Debbie Carter.

Carter said investigators believe the child found the gun and accidentally shot himself.

Walker was arrested late Tuesday and faces a culpable negligence charge, the Sheriff’s Office said. He holds a concealed weapons permit, authorities said.

The boy’s parents, Jasmine Bell, 21, and Trentin Speights, 22, were in their bedroom at the time of the shooting.

With several other big stories crowding the news cycle, the recent epidemic of child-involved shootings has gotten very little attention from the national media, which took only brief notice of the shooting death of 2 year-old Caroline Sparks last week. The Times also flagged several other shootings this month, in addition to April’s dizzying total. Angela Divin, a Florida 6 year-old, is recovering from being shot in the chest by her 13 year-old brother. In Alabama, an unidentified 4 year-old was shot in the head, possibly by his four year-old cousin, and is in critical condition.

Children are shooting themselves and other children at such a rapid pace, the circumstances are beginning to duplicate themselves. Jadarrius Speights wasn’t even the first child to shoot himself, with a 9mm handgun, which didn’t belong to a parent, that he found in a backpack, this month, or even the first three year-old to do so. Not a week ago, 3 year-old Darrien Nez shot and killed himself with a 9mm that he found in his grandmother’s backpack.

Whatever your position on gun regulation, these stories clearly illustrate that something is wrong, that not enough is being done to prevent children from gaining access to guns. The media can play an important role, if they ever stand up and take notice.

“Shall NOT be infringed!”

Since: Apr 13

San Jose, CA.

#2448 May 9, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't spam, David
"My excellent friend from Boylston,(Mr. Whitney,) has uttered, in the speech he has just made, many noble sentiments of love among men and peace on earth. I love peace not less ardently than my friend from Boylston. The bloodless victories of peace are as dear to me as to him. But I am not one of those men who cry peace, when there is no peace without slavery, injustice and wrong. My friend from North Brookfield,(Mr Walker,) and others, have spoken of the peace movements in England and on the continent, and of Richard Cobden and others of its leading spirits. I may be in error, but I have sometimes thought that the song which the peace movement has hymned into the ear of Europe during the past five years has made far easier the march of the legions Russia and Austria upon Hungary and Italy, and the march of the legions of France--of apostate republican France--upon Rome. While the people have listened with softened hearts to the songs of peace, their masters have disarmed them, and sent forth their increasing standing armies to crush every manifestation of freedom, progress, and popular rights. When tyranny is overthrown and freedom established; when standing armies are disbanded and the people armed for their own protection against arbitrary power; then I would write "peace" on the banners of the people and send them forth to make the tour of the world. My motto is "Liberty first--peace afterwards."

- Mr. Henry Wilson, June 21, 1853,[OFFICIAL REPORT OF THE DEBATES AND PROCEEDINGS IN The State Convention ASSEMBLED MAY 4TH, 1853, TO REVISE AND AMEND THE CONSTITUTION OF THE Commonwealth of Massachusetts. VOLUME SECOND. BOSTON: WHITE & POTTER, PRINTERS TO THE CONVENTION, 1853.](Mr. Wilson,(Feb. 16, 1812 – Nov. 22, 1875), was a delegate to the state constitutional convention in 1853. He was elected to the United States Senate in 1855. He was reelected as a Republican in 1859, 1865 and 1871, and served from Jan. 31, 1855 to March 4, 1873, when he resigned to become Vice President. He was the 18th Vice President of the United States (1873–1875). During the Civil War, he was Chairman of the Committee on Military Affairs and the Militia, and the Committee on Military Affairs).

“Shall NOT be infringed!”

Since: Apr 13

San Jose, CA.

#2449 May 9, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, now,[I'm not even] remotely relevant.
That's been self-evident for quite some time, traitor-troll.

Since: May 12

Chambersburg, PA

#2453 May 9, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah...for one particular age group. You still got caught in a f-ing lie. You are so full of SH!T !
"one particular age group?" You mean the age group of "adults?"

Grow up.

Chambersburg, PA

#2454 May 9, 2013
FormerParatrooper wrote:
<quoted text>
These incidents are few, yet each is a tragedy. People do not just snap, unless it is a Hollywood movie. There were more than likely signs that were missed.
Yet this does not support another law if a ban. It actually supports better mental health programs.
California makes it hard to have a firearm, so the extra laws there were not a help.
For each of these incidents you find and post, they can be matched with posts of people stopping a violent act with a firearm.
I haven't seen that he was mentally ill. Where did you see that?

Since: Oct 12

West Mifflin, Pa

#2455 May 9, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
So when are you going to open up that crystal ball store so we can predict when something bad is going to happen? I hope it is soon. My crystal ball is broken.
Danny's crystal ball never did work right, this is the reason whenever he posts something it's always a lie...half truths or another persons work...all he sees is this when he looks into his crystal ball... http://thinkdoctor1.deviantart.com/art/Obama-...

Danny Boy has Obama on the brain 27/7

Chambersburg, PA

#2456 May 9, 2013
GunShow1 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled."--Jesus, Matthew 5:17-18
It has become painfully obvious that you know very little about a whole lot.
Again - what's your point?

Jesus specifically overturned the Old Testament Law. The primary message of the early church was that the Law no longer had any power for Jesus' followers. They specifically taught that followers of Jesus have been FREED from the Law.

But you're quoting Jesus as if he's saying that he reinforced the obsolete and failed OT Law. Do you think that your OT quotes have any relevance at all for how Christians are supposed to live today?

If so, you are just as massively misinformed and flat-out WRONG about the Bible as you are about the US Constitution. LOL!

Chambersburg, PA

#2457 May 9, 2013
GunShow1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed you are trash-can-man. It's good that you are finally coming to grips with the fact. They do say that admission is the first step in recovery. But in your case, I wouldn't hold my breath....
Just like you wingnuts - take a quote out of context and claim it means something different.

This just shows how weak your argument is - you have to constantly create strawmen to argue with because you can't ever win an argument against what I actually say.

Chambersburg, PA

#2458 May 9, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah...for one particular age group. You still got caught in a f-ing lie. You are so full of SH!T !
Here's another interesting FACT for you. Most "accidental" gun deaths are the result of idiots not following the four basic rules of handling firearms (look them up). In other words...Darwin in action. So no, I don't feel sorry for them. I do feel a great deal of anger when parents fail to educate their kids, or worse....REFUSE to educate kids, on the proper use and handling of firearms and it results in the curiosity of the kid ending in tragedy. Teach kids at a young age to respect firearms and you will remove any mystique that forearm has, thus saving MANY innocent lives.
AS far as suicides go, while I think they are tragic, there is not a damn thing you or I or any amount of legislation will do to prevent someone from taking their own life. If they are determined to kill themselves...they will find a way whether they have access to a firearm or not (eg. Japan).
So what are we left with.....homicides. And the number homicides per year have been on a steady DECLINE for years despite a massive surge in gun ownership over that same time frame, along with other crime stats.
Now PISS OFF!
I'm sorry, but what you believe about suicide totally and completely wrong.

You create a false belief to justify your absolutist interpretation of the 2nd Amendment.

You know you can't honestly morally or intellectually justify your support for any and every person to own any weapon they want without restriction or oversight, so you make shit up to deflect from that fact.

It's sad your argument is so weak that it can't withstand honest debate and an honest look at the facts.

Chambersburg, PA

#2459 May 9, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
So when are you going to open up that crystal ball store so we can predict when something bad is going to happen? I hope it is soon. My crystal ball is broken.
That's the point - you CAN'T predict.

That's why we need common-sense regulations to address the issue.

Thanks for proving my point.

Chambersburg, PA

#2460 May 9, 2013
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>Unfuckingbelievable!!! !!! You really think EVERYTHING is about YOU, don't ya? It's quite clear to everyone else that you are suffering the only known case of DTMDS. Here's a shocker for ya, the rest of us don't live in Dantopia.
Constant personal attacks on me instead of debating the issue is a primary symptom of DTMDS.

Looks like yours is back too. LOL!

West Mifflin, Pa

#2461 May 9, 2013
think about it wrote:
A clue into Danny's self importance. There was a thread about a 14 yearold girl that was sexually abused by an adult male. This was a few days ago. I commented on how Chambersburg has such high numbers of incest and improper sexual crimes. Well guess what? Danny the Dip comes charging in and complains about how he is tired of posters running Chambersburg down and eventually trying to turn the subject on to him. He never made one reference to the 14 year old that was raped. I told him it's not about him, this is about a 14 year old girl that was raped and I said he should be ashamed of himself for only showing concern on the reputation of Chambersburg. He never did comment on the girl....just himself and Chambersburg.
The thread has been taken down. Dannny, has commented several times he was born and raised in Chambersburg. Now as I mentioned, Chambersburg has a high percentage of incest. Cousins dating cousins, brothers and sisters having sexual relationships, etc. Maybe that's what Danny is a product of?
Danny Boy keeps files on those who disagree with him. He can bring them up with a few clicks of the mouse. I would say he definitely has some very serious mental issues that probably began when he was a baby.

I would like to know why Danny Boy is so protective of the black race and he usually says he's not black when on this subject. He comes off with his I know it all attitude when discussing blacks and racism...he has said many times blacks cannot say or be racist only whites can. Is this because he has black in his family tree or could it be because of inbreeding? Inbreds don't think normal or function well in society.

Chambersburg, PA

#2462 May 9, 2013
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>What does this story have to do with me and my firearms? What logic (for lack of a better word) do you use to justify holding me and every other law abiding gun owner out there responsible for the acts of an individual that we don't even know?
"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions." - Ronald Reagan -
Seriously? This is your response?

You honestly don't get it, do you?

You are only a "law abiding gun owner" until the point where you aren't anymore. Just like this guy. Just like countless other people.

"Law-abiding" citizens legally buy guns, then later use them for an illegal act. Instantly, they aren't "law abiding" anymore, are they?

So there aren't two separate, distinct categories - law abiders and criminals. Criminals are only law abiders who stopped abiding by the law. People move from "law abider" to "criminal" ALL THE TIME. Countless law abiding gun owners get really pissed off and shoot someone ALL THE TIME.

How do you not get this? Are you seriously this stupid?

Chambersburg, PA

#2463 May 9, 2013
think about it wrote:
<quoted text>It's called Narcissistic Personality Disorder. In other words, Danny the Dip, is in love with himself. I bet he can't go by a mirror without taking a LONG look at himself. He thinks we suffer from his self named syndrome when in reality we are laughing our heads off at this clueless clown.
What's funny is that he is sooooo in love with himself, he has a need to let everyone know that he's THE MAN!! This joker should be in comedy!
He'll accuse me of DAN THE MAN DERANGEMENT SYNDROME becauss of what I just posted. What a clueless loser....
Yeah, you've already said that. You said it under your other names too. It's symptomatic of your DTMDS.

West Mifflin, Pa

#2464 May 9, 2013
Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
<quoted text>
Constant personal attacks on me instead of debating the issue is a primary symptom of DTMDS.
Looks like yours is back too. LOL!

Danny Boy why don't you practice what you preach? You are constantly attacking those who do not agree with you. This you cannot deny and your old excuse of they start it first and you give it back is nothing but a lie. Did you know that we can check your previous posts to verify this? LOL

This DTMDS you've made up is really old and stupid! I would rather see you post as bobby6464 or even Real Dave than this DTMDS dribble.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ferguson braces for grand jury decision 13 hr Here Is One 14
Texas law professor calls for repeal of Second ... (Nov '13) 15 hr Marauder 12,171
Magnum Research Introduces Stainless Steel Dese... Wed Here Is One 1
Concealed carry does not make us safer (Nov '09) Tue fae31 6,985
Texas open carry is shooting itself in the foot Dec 20 Independent1 9
Open Carry Activist Charged With Shooting Ex-Hu... Dec 13 Here Is One 3
Deer Hunting Time Dec 9 kurtcooksalot16 1
More from around the web